An Article on free will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. I know what you teach that Esau was hardened before the foundation of the world. Yet, you contradiction this fact with you're trying to say now.
He is in a state of error-

The statement, claiming that Esau was hardened before the foundation of the world, is not supported by the biblical text.

The narrative of Jacob and Esau found in Genesis focuses primarily on their earthly struggles and conflicts, particularly concerning inheritance rights and family dynamics.

No verses in the Bible suggest that Esau's heart was hardened prior to creation.

Some Christian traditions and interpretations have speculated about the eternal destiny of Esau, drawing connections between his earthly decisions and spiritual outcomes. However, none of these interpretations propose that Esau's heart was hardened before the foundation of the world.

Therefore, the statement that Esau was hardened before the foundation of the world is not biblically accurate according to the standard interpretation of the Genesis narrative.Please keep in mind that individual interpretations and theological systems may vary among Christians. However, the assertion that Esau's heart was hardened before the foundation of the world is not supported by the biblical text.
J.

Same methods. Same limited responses. I have to honestly say I believe you're a sock....

The Bible of the Reformers..... Geneva Bible. The Bible that King James and the Church of England hated. The Geneva Bible came from the Reformers themselves.......

Job 42:2 I know that thou can do all things, and that there is no thought hide from thee.

Do some research yourself.

He is in a state of error-

The statement, claiming that Esau was hardened before the foundation of the world, is not supported by the biblical text.

The narrative of Jacob and Esau found in Genesis focuses primarily on their earthly struggles and conflicts, particularly concerning inheritance rights and family dynamics.

No verses in the Bible suggest that Esau's heart was hardened prior to creation.

Some Christian traditions and interpretations have speculated about the eternal destiny of Esau, drawing connections between his earthly decisions and spiritual outcomes. However, none of these interpretations propose that Esau's heart was hardened before the foundation of the world.

Therefore, the statement that Esau was hardened before the foundation of the world is not biblically accurate according to the standard interpretation of the Genesis narrative.Please keep in mind that individual interpretations and theological systems may vary among Christians. However, the assertion that Esau's heart was hardened before the foundation of the world is not supported by the biblical text.
J.

Same thing relative to Esau being hated.....

It is just another side of the same coin.

Pharaoh hardened his own heart ten times during the first five plagues. However, it’s also mentioned in the Bible that God hardened Pharaoh’s heart seven times. This is a complex theological topic that has been the subject of much discussion and interpretation. The hardening of Pharaoh’s heart is often seen as a demonstration of God’s sovereignty and judgment, as well as Pharaoh’s own stubbornness and resistance
And also Gods foreknowledge:)

And also Gods foreknowledge:)
Correct-

The foreknowledge of God refers to the all-knowing, omniscient nature of God whereby He knows reality before it is real, all things and events before they happen, and all people before they exist.

In the Bible, God's foreknowledge is mentioned in both the Old and New Testaments. For example, God promised to bless future peoples through Abraham (Genesis 12:3), told Moses what would happen with Pharaoh (Exodus 3:19), and through the prophets spoke of a coming Messiah (Isaiah 9:1–7; Jeremiah 23:5–6).

In the New Testament, Old Testament prophecies are fulfilled in Jesus Christ’s ministry and in the formation of the church (Matthew 1:22; 4:14; 8:17; John 12:38–41; Acts 2:17–21; 3:22–25; Galatians 3:8; Hebrews 5:6; 1 Peter 1:10–12). The hardening of Pharaoh's heart is often seen as a demonstration of God's sovereignty and judgment, as well as Pharaoh's own stubbornness and resistance, and also God's foreknowledge.
J.

The bible shows multiple instances where God's will is not done
Yes, the Bible does show multiple instances where God's will is not done. For example, the Bible is full of examples of people who disobeyed God, resulting in His wrath against them

. This shows that man has free will and that God's will can change depending on man's actions

. Some Bible verses that illustrate this include Mark 3:35, Luke 7:30, John 7:17, Acts 7:51, and Acts 8

. These examples demonstrate that God's will is not always done and that man's free will plays a role in shaping the course of events.

The statement that God's thoughts about the future can be incorrect is not consistent with the traditional understanding of God's omniscience and sovereignty. In Christian theology, it is generally believed that God is all-knowing (omniscient) and that His thoughts and plans are perfect and infallible.

Jeremiah 3:19 and Jeremiah 7:31 do not suggest that God's thoughts about the future can be incorrect. Instead, these verses highlight God's response to the disobedience and idolatry of His people, expressing His disappointment and judgment upon them for their actions. It is essential to interpret these passages in light of God's justice, holiness, and faithfulness rather than implying any fallibility in His foreknowledge or plans.

God's omniscience means that He knows all things, including the future, with perfect accuracy. His plans are ultimately fulfilled, and His will is accomplished despite human disobedience or resistance. Therefore, it is crucial to maintain a consistent understanding of God's attributes, including His omniscience and sovereignty, when interpreting biblical passages related to His thoughts about the future.

Last edited:
The bible shows multiple instances where God's will is not done

How do you know that when it seems apparent that His will is thwarted, that it wasn't His intention all along for those things to happen?

Not even a sparrow falls to the ground apart from the Father. But when it comes to greater issues. God is not 100% in control?

How do you know that when it seems apparent that His will is thwarted, that it wasn't His intention all along for those things to happen?
The question raises an important theological consideration regarding the relationship between God's will and human actions. While it may seem that God's will is thwarted at times, some theological perspectives suggest that even when it appears that His will is not being done, it could still be part of His overarching plan. This view emphasizes that God's intentions and purposes are ultimately fulfilled, despite human actions that may seem contrary to His will
https://irenetolumese.com/god-is-intentional-and-deliberate/
.The Bible contains instances where individuals disobey God or act against His commands, leading to consequences and judgment. However, these actions do not necessarily indicate a failure of God's will but rather demonstrate the complexity of human free will and the unfolding of divine providence
https://bjorkbloggen.com/2012/05/06/gods-will-is-not-always-done-bible-verses/
.Ultimately, the relationship between God's will and human actions is a profound theological mystery that has been debated by theologians for centuries. While some passages may suggest apparent contradictions or challenges to understanding God's will, the overarching belief in many theological traditions is that God's ultimate purposes are never thwarted, even in the face of human disobedience or resistance

Not even a sparrow falls to the ground apart from the Father. But when it comes to greater issues. God is not 100% in control?
Scripture

James 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.

1John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Is. 30:1 “Ah, stubborn children,” declares the LORD,
“who carry out a plan, but not mine,
and who make an alliance, but not of my Spirit,
that they may add sin to sin;

Gal. 5:7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you.

1Cor. 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

Rom. 11:23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

Same methods. Same limited responses. I have to honestly say I believe you're a sock....

The Bible of the Reformers..... Geneva Bible. The Bible that King James and the Church of England hated. The Geneva Bible came from the Reformers themselves.......

Job 42:2 I know that thou can do all things, and that there is no thought hide from thee.

Do some research yourself.
"no purpose of yours can be thwarted"

Your simply in denial. That's okay though. Admit you have a problem and seek help. Confess your God is omnipotent.

Your simply in denial. That's okay though. Admit you have a problem and seek help. Confess your God is omnipotent.
Uh--
Isa_45:23 By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.’

Rom_14:11 for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

Rom 14:10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God;
Rom 14:11 for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”
Rom 14:12 So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
In Romans 14:10-12, the context revolves around the theme of judgment and accountability before God. The passage addresses the issue of believers passing judgment on one another and emphasizes the importance of refraining from despising or judging others. It highlights the ultimate truth that all individuals will stand before the judgment seat of God, where each person will give an account of themselves.
The reference to every knee bowing and every tongue confessing to God in verse 11 underscores the universal acknowledgment of God's sovereignty and authority. This serves as a reminder that all individuals, regardless of their beliefs or actions, will ultimately recognize and submit to God.
Overall, these verses encourage believers to focus on their own accountability before God rather than passing judgment on others. It emphasizes humility, respect for one another, and the understanding that ultimately, each person will answer to God for their own actions and choices.

Isa 45:22 “Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.
Isa 45:23 By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.’
Isa 45:24 “Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed all who were incensed against him.

In Isaiah 45:22-24, the context emphasizes the exclusive sovereignty and salvation offered by God. The passage begins with a call to all people from every corner of the earth to turn to God for salvation, highlighting His uniqueness as the one true God with no equal.
Verse 23 continues with a declaration by God Himself, affirming His authority and righteousness. It includes a solemn oath that every knee will bow and every tongue will swear allegiance to Him. This proclamation underscores the universal acknowledgment of God's supreme power and the ultimate submission of all creation to Him.
The passage concludes in verse 24 with a statement emphasizing that true righteousness and strength are found only in the Lord. Those who oppose or rebel against Him will ultimately come before Him and be put to shame. This serves as a reminder of God's justice and the inevitable accountability that all individuals will face before Him.
Overall, these verses convey a message of God's unmatched sovereignty, His call for all to turn to Him for salvation, and the assurance that in Him alone lies true righteousness and strength. It underscores the universal submission and allegiance that all creation will ultimately offer to God.

So that's it? 7 words from you do away with all the many whole passages of scripture which show in various places that God is grieved that his will is not always done. Maybe you need to understand the context of the verse you've quoted?

I guess a good question is if you believe the will of God is always done he must always be walking in a state of being pleased correct?

Last edited:
Thanks @TomL. Thought it would be good to have this verse quoted once again,

Jer. 32:35 They built the high places of Baal in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to offer up their sons and daughters to Molech, though I did not command them, nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom