An Article on free will

ἀρχηγός, οῦ, ὁ—1. leader, ruler, prince (Aeschyl.+; POxy. 41, 5; 6 and mostly LXX) ἀ. καὶ σωτήρ Ac 5:31 (this combin. also 2 Cl 20:5).—τ. ζωῆς 3:15, where mng. 3 is also poss.
2. one who begins someth. as first in a series and thus supplies the impetus (Aristot., Metaph. 1, 3 of Thales ὁ τῆς τοιαύτης ἀρχηγὸς φιλοσοφίας; Aristoxenus, fgm. 83 Ὄλυμπος ἀ. γενέσθαι τ. Ἑλληνικῆς μουσικῆς; Polyb. 5, 10, 1; Plut., Mor. 958D; 1135B; Dit., Or. 219, 26 ἀ. τοῦ γένους; 1 Macc 9:61; 10:47; Mi 1:13; Jos., C. Ap. 1, 130[of Moses]) in bad sense instigator 1 Cl 14:1 ζήλους; ἀ. στάσεως 51:1 (cf. Herodian 7, 1, 11 ἀ. τ. ἀποστάσεως).
3. originator, founder (Diod. S. 15, 81, 2 ἀ. τῆς νίκης=originator; 16, 3, 5 τῆς βασιλείας ἀ.=founder; Jos., Ant. 7, 207.Oft. of God: Pla., Tim. 21E al.; Isocr. 4, 61 τῶν ἀγαθῶν; Diod. S. 5, 64, 5; Dit., Or. 90, 47, Syll.3 711L, 13 Apollo ἀ. τ. εὐσεβείας) ἀ. τῆς ἀφθαρσίας 2 Cl 20:5; ἀ. τῆς σωτηρίας Hb 2:10; τῆς πίστεως ἀ. 12:2. M-M.*

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 112.
Lol And ? Why waste time

Never used one of those words. Those are your terms not mine.

Another fail
As I noted

Still another quote and confession

God enables faith

he does not instill, transfer or infuse it

Thank you

and btw you are just confirming what I stated

maybe you should have read carefully before replying

Lol And ? Why waste time
Have you always believed defining terms is a waste of time?

ἀρχηγός, οῦ, ὁ—1. leader, ruler, prince (Aeschyl.+; POxy. 41, 5; 6 and mostly LXX) ἀ. καὶ σωτήρ Ac 5:31 (this combin. also 2 Cl 20:5).—τ. ζωῆς 3:15, where mng. 3 is also poss.
2. one who begins someth. as first in a series and thus supplies the impetus (Aristot., Metaph. 1, 3 of Thales ὁ τῆς τοιαύτης ἀρχηγὸς φιλοσοφίας; Aristoxenus, fgm. 83 Ὄλυμπος ἀ. γενέσθαι τ. Ἑλληνικῆς μουσικῆς; Polyb. 5, 10, 1; Plut., Mor. 958D; 1135B; Dit., Or. 219, 26 ἀ. τοῦ γένους; 1 Macc 9:61; 10:47; Mi 1:13; Jos., C. Ap. 1, 130[of Moses]) in bad sense instigator 1 Cl 14:1 ζήλους; ἀ. στάσεως 51:1 (cf. Herodian 7, 1, 11 ἀ. τ. ἀποστάσεως).
3. originator, founder (Diod. S. 15, 81, 2 ἀ. τῆς νίκης=originator; 16, 3, 5 τῆς βασιλείας ἀ.=founder; Jos., Ant. 7, 207.Oft. of God: Pla., Tim. 21E al.; Isocr. 4, 61 τῶν ἀγαθῶν; Diod. S. 5, 64, 5; Dit., Or. 90, 47, Syll.3 711L, 13 Apollo ἀ. τ. εὐσεβείας) ἀ. τῆς ἀφθαρσίας 2 Cl 20:5; ἀ. τῆς σωτηρίας Hb 2:10; τῆς πίστεως ἀ. 12:2. M-M.*

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 112.

As I noted

Still another quote and confession

God enables faith

he does not instill, transfer or infuse it

Thank you

and btw you are just confirming what I stated

maybe you should have read carefully before replying

Already said He enables faith. FAIL

Never said He did. FAIL

Maybe you should rethink your dumb arguments.

Already said He enables faith. FAIL

Right there is your quote and confession
Never said He did. FAIL

Yours I just noted you are denying he transfers, instills or infuses it

contrary to the council of Dort and probably the Westminster confession and the London baptist confession
Maybe you should rethink your dumb arguments.
Maybe you should reread them so you might understand them

As it now stands you have repudiated Major sources of Calvinist doctrine

affirming what i stated all along

He enables it

how?

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

contrary to the council of Dort and probably the Westminster confession and the London baptist confession

Maybe you should reread them so you might understand them

He enables it

how?

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I never said otherwise. FAIL

I never said He infuses or installs anything. FAIL

So.

Nothing about enabling in Romans 10. FAIL

So now you move the goal posts? Now man has the inherent ability to trust God? Who says?
I’ve moved nothing, for I have clearly and continually stated that we have an inherent capacity to trust in the course of our lives. We are relational creatures, and relationships require trust. Thus, the capacity to trust is inherent to our being relational beings, and being relational is part of the Imago Dei in which we were created.

There are a lot of things that need to happen before anyone can believe the Gospel. (Rom 10:14-15) And the Spirit must be the proactive force, (that is the first to act) and is the dynamic force in the process.

Doug

God has me focusing on your "Explain how God gives faith".

The Christ of us Christians says
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

And, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10).

And, Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9).

So, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God.

And @Presby02 is in agreement with Jesus and Paul and Peter!

Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE LIVING LORD JESUS!!!
How does any of this explain how God gives faith? You quote a couple of scriptures but fail to demonstrate the “how”.

Doug

God has me focusing on your "Explain how God gives faith".

The Christ of us Christians says
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

And, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10).

And, Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9).

So, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God.

And @Presby02 is in agreement with Jesus and Paul and Peter!

Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE LIVING LORD JESUS!!!
The wonderful verses you quoted do not support your Elect/non-Elect Caste System. I totally believe all the Bible verses you quoted but nowhere in those wonderful verses is your Hindu-like Caste System mentioned or even alluded to. We are not like Hindus believing in Caste Systems. We are Christians. Do you understand?

I never said otherwise. FAIL

I never said He infuses or installs anything. FAIL

So.

Nothing about enabling in Romans 10. FAIL

He enables it

how?

It is the word of God which enables faith

I’ve moved nothing, for I have clearly and continually stated that we have an inherent capacity to trust in the course of our lives. We are relational creatures, and relationships require trust. Thus, the capacity to trust is inherent to our being relational beings, and being relational is part of the Imago Dei in which we were created.

There are a lot of things that need to happen before anyone can believe the Gospel. (Rom 10:14-15) And the Spirit must be the proactive force, (that is the first to act) and is the dynamic force in the process.

Doug

The ability to trust God, however, is not inherent in man.

What is the Holy Spirits purpose "in the process"?

He enables it

how?

It is the word of God which enables faith

LOL, I asked for a quote not your child like understanding of what I wrote.

Back
Top Bottom