An Article on free will

Everything is determined.

Everything is known to God, but that doesn’t necessitate determinism.
Or are somethings left to chance? How do you work in chance with a omniscient God?
God doesn’t need to determine the outcome to know what the outcome will be.

It does not say granted to be ABLE to believe.

God.
It doesn’t say that they were enabled to believe either. But πιστεύειν is a present tense, active voice infinitive verb which places the action in our hands. It more readily assumes the capacity to act is already present.

Doug

Trust is trust! The object of our trust is the question. If you can trust your spouse, or your parents then you can come to trust in Christ!

Doug

They are not one in the same. I can understand the workings of a combustion engine, that does not mean I can understand the things of God. 1 Corinthians 2
Everything is known to God, but that doesn’t necessitate determinism.

God doesn’t need to determine the outcome to know what the outcome will be.

It doesn’t say that they were enabled to believe either. But πιστεύειν is a present tense, active voice infinitive verb which places the action in our hands. It more readily assumes the capacity to act is already present.

Doug

God works out everything to His desired ends. Chance plays no part.

Never claimed it did. What I did say is God grants or gives belief as He does repentance.

They are not one in the same. I can understand the workings of a combustion engine, that does not mean I can understand the things of God. 1 Corinthians 2
I believe they are; Trust is trust! Your analogy above doesn’t match up with my point. It has nothing to do with understanding. You have the capacity to trust or not trust a plethora of things, and God is one of them. Understanding is a reason to trust or not trust, but it is not the only factor. Understanding does not effect the capacity to trust, anymore than it effects the capacity to think. Thinking and trust are primary and natural aspects of our being.

Doug

I believe they are; Trust is trust! Your analogy above doesn’t match up with my point. It has nothing to do with understanding. You have the capacity to trust or not trust a plethora of things, and God is one of them. Understanding is a reason to trust or not trust, but it is not the only factor. Understanding does not effect the capacity to trust, anymore than it effects the capacity to think. Thinking and trust are primary and natural aspects of our being.

Doug

So now you move the goal posts? Now man has the inherent ability to trust God? Who says?

Do you know what a question mark is?

A question does not require a quote

Explain how God gives faith according to your view

Does he just instill it?

Can you deny it or resist it?

Stop diverting

God has me focusing on your "Explain how God gives faith".

The Christ of us Christians says
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

And, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10).

And, Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9).

So, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God.

And @Presby02 is in agreement with Jesus and Paul and Peter!

Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE LIVING LORD JESUS!!!

God has me focusing on your "Explain how God gives faith".

The Christ of us Christians says
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29).

And, Paul is in accord with Jesus’ words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians “by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work” (Ephesians 2:8-10).

And, Peter is in accord with Jesus’ words for Peter declared “God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith” (Acts 15:8-9).

So, clearly, Jesus’ words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God.

And @Presby02 is in agreement with Jesus and Paul and Peter!

Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE LIVING LORD JESUS!!!
So where did you state how God gives faith?

Does he transfer it?

Instill it?

Infuse it?

How?

speak up

Back
Top Bottom