An Article on free will

Thank you.

Saving faith is inherent in the human condition? Says who?
The ability to trust in anything is inherent to human capacity. To trust a teacher or your parents or your neighbors is the same trust we can give God. It is not a matter of types of trust, but in whom or what you trust.

Doug

The ability to trust in anything is inherent to human capacity. To trust a teacher or your parents or your neighbors is the same trust we can give God. It is not a matter of types of trust, but in whom or what you trust.

Doug

Great Doug. Irrelevant to my question. Who said SAVING faith is inherent in the human condition?

Grant means to give. Take a wild guess genius
Um

Nope. Grant means to give. Permission "granted" does not mean permission enabled. lol

In response to Civic
wrong only some are enabled( calvinism) which makes Jesus promise for ALL/ EVERYONE to come a lie.

You stated
Presby02 True. It's God's perogative who He enables and who He does not.

So you have gives , permits and it seems enables

the mirror still has you deceived. you look in it and forget what you see as James tells us in his epistle. a double minded man.

By the lovingkindness of God, I am told I bear the image of Christ (Romans 8:29), and, by the Power of God (1 Corinthians 1:24), I remember that God converted me to a child of God (John 3:3).

As concerns you using the phrase "double minded man" directed toward me, you presented absolutely no evidence. You bear false witness against me. I recall you very recently posted that the LORD hates "A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers" that is an abomination to the LORD (Proverbs 6:16-19).

The accurate linguistic use of the phrase double-minded man indicates a person concurrently believing one thing which contradicts another belief of the person as shown at https://biblehub.com/greek/1374.htm - a double-minded person has confused thoughts.

@civic, here is a very simple question for you, but please read beyond the question before answering, too.

Do you think you are a friend of Jesus, civic?

Lord Jesus says "you" with reference to His friends as recorded in John 15:14-19, and Jesus says "you" with reference to the ones exclusively chosen by Jesus as recorded in John 15:14-19.

The blessing by Jesus to the "you" as recorded in John 15:14-19 is to all believers in all time (see also John 15:5):

You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you
(John 15:14-19, KJV, NASB1995, and YLT)

All glory to God! All praise to the Bread of Life! God alone does all to save the children of God from the wrath of God, and man, who exercises absolutely nothing to contribute, not even a human choice, is the blessed recipient of God’s mercy and God's grace for man's salvation.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE BREAD OF LIFE!!!

By the lovingkindness of God, I am told I bear the image of Christ (Romans 8:29), and, by the Power of God (1 Corinthians 1:24), I remember that God converted me to a child of God (John 3:3).

As concerns you using the phrase "double minded man" directed toward me, you presented absolutely no evidence. You bear false witness against me. I recall you very recently posted that the LORD hates "A false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers" that is an abomination to the LORD (Proverbs 6:16-19).

The accurate linguistic use of the phrase double-minded man indicates a person concurrently believing one thing which contradicts another belief of the person as shown at https://biblehub.com/greek/1374.htm - a double-minded person has confused thoughts.

@civic, here is a very simple question for you, but please read beyond the question before answering, too.

Do you think you are a friend of Jesus, civic?

Lord Jesus says "you" with reference to His friends as recorded in John 15:14-19, and Jesus says "you" with reference to the ones exclusively chosen by Jesus as recorded in John 15:14-19.

The blessing by Jesus to the "you" as recorded in John 15:14-19 is to all believers in all time (see also John 15:5):
You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. This I command you, that you love one another. If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you

All glory to God! All praise to the Bread of Life! God alone does all to save the children of God from the wrath of God, and man, who exercises absolutely nothing to contribute, not even a human choice, is the blessed recipient of God’s mercy and God's grace for man's salvation.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE BREAD OF LIFE!!!
Nothing in there about being unconditionally chosen for salvation

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom