An Article on free will

Selah

@civic and @TomL are having a hard time understanding my question( they are my friends)

Would you be willing to take a LOOK and SEE if you have the answer.

NOTE: This is NOT a trick question.

In each of the three scripture passages from Post 4,368
a.) Philippians 1:3-6
b.) Hebrews 12:1-2
c.) Revelation 1:7-8

So where do you find yourself in those passages? Before / After / Middle

Or are you even in those passages???
I’ll do a little study and get back to you.

Selah

@civic and @TomL are having a hard time understanding my question( they are my friends)

Would you be willing to take a LOOK and SEE if you have the answer.

NOTE: This is NOT a trick question.

In each of the three scripture passages from Post 4,368
a.) Philippians 1:3-6
b.) Hebrews 12:1-2
c.) Revelation 1:7-8

So where do you find yourself in those passages? Before / After / Middle

Or are you even in those passages???
Gee, I hope I find myself in at least one of these passages. Ha! I don’t know if I exactly understand your question but here goes:

I believe that Philippians 1:3-6 is referring to the time of Paul’s ministry. Paul is speaking to those who have responded to the gospel of Christ which he preached to them. Paul remembers them fondly and prays for them. I believe the first day of the gospel is recorded in Acts 16. Paul is confident that they will be faithful in their work for Christ. I wasn’t there. :)

In Hebrews 12:1-2, I see in this verse that Paul is speaking to his group of friends, and yet I also see that it applies to all the saints—All Christians are the runners in this marathon race. I am there.

Revelation 1:7-8 is prophecy—the Lord’s Day! I will be there!

Blessings like rain,
Selah

Last edited:
Gee, I hope I find myself in at least one of these passages. Ha!

I believe that Philippians 1:3-6 is referring to the time of Paul’s ministry. Paul is speaking to those who have responded to the gospel of Christ which he preached to them. Paul remembers them fondly and prays for them. I believe the first day of the gospel is recorded in Acts 16. Paul is confident that they will be faithful in their work for Christ.

In Hebrews 12:1-2, I see in this verse that Paul is speaking to his group of friends, and yet I also see that it applies to all the saints—All Christians are the runners in this marathon race.

Revelation 1:7-8 is prophecy—the Lord’s Day! We’ll all be there!

Blessings like rain,
Selah
Very good answers.

This is a quick question and i am assuming by your posts that you love the Lord and are saved - YES?

Then you are in the MIDDLE of each of those Scripture passages because you are in CHRIST.

Philippians 1:6
"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you(Selah) will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"

Hebrws 12:2
let us(Selah, @civic , David) run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith,

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

How do we KNOW that we are in the middle of Rev 1:8 ???

CLUE: You will find the answer in 1 Corinthians chapter 15

Then you are in the MIDDLE of each of those Scripture passages because you are in CHRIST.

Philippians 1:6
"being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you(Selah) will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"

Hebrws 12:2
let us(Selah, @civic , David) run with endurance the race that is set before us,
looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith,

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

How do we KNOW that we are in the middle of Rev 1:8 ???

CLUE: You will find the answer in 1 Corinthians chapter 15
Because the Lord hasn’t returned yet. :)

Therefore: by, through, because, in relation to, by means of, are the SAME and we are trying to split hairs with a dull axe
To make an honest middle ground comment, Dia is used in the genitive, in which means through or by means of. However, and just as true, Jesus often said things like “your faith has made you whole”. Faith is a necessary component and so is grace, without either of them salvation is impossible. Because we have faith grace becomes effectual. If there is no faith, grace has no means of giving salvation. Thus, because of faith grace can save. The genitive emphasizes the means of salvation, which is the combo of grace through faith, but to deny that “because of” is not also correct, is nearsighted because Heb 11 uses the Dative to express “by (means of) faith”. Moreover, Jesus’s words to the sinful woman at Lazarus’s house has faith being the active and direct cause of her being saved. Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Faith is the instrumental cause of our being saved by grace.

Doug

Here are some of my meditations regarding Grace this morning:

Grace is why Christians serve God.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
- 1 Corinthians 15:10

Grace is needed for holy living.
For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
- Romans 6:14

I believe Grace is at the heart of salvation. We are saved by God’s gift of Grace, that is to say the gift of Jesus.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 (NKJV)

Will you reject God’s gift of Grace…

or will you be faithful and accept His gift of Grace?

Jesus paid an awesome price for you.

Last edited:
Its not the only verse in the bible

Romans 10:9 (ESV) — 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Notice tom simply dismisses Ephesian 2. One has nothing to do with the other. Good attempt at trying to cover your failures.

Notice tom simply dismisses Ephesian 2. One has nothing to do with the other. Good attempt at trying to cover your failures.
You are dodging again eph 2:8 is not the issue

the meaning of the greek word DIA and/or whether faith is the grounds upon which God will save

Clearly lexicons give because of as a definition for dia

and many translations in multiple verses do so translate

the fact is I have shown you a verse where it is because of faith one is saved

Romans 10:9 (ESV) — 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

but you just want to ignore and dodge the issue

the meaning of the greek word DIA and/or whether faith is the grounds upon which God will save

yes even the English dictionaries have " because of " as a definition just like all the Greek Lexicons do. Talk about De Nile- this takes the cake.

To make an honest middle ground comment, Dia is used in the genitive, in which means through or by means of. However, and just as true, Jesus often said things like “your faith has made you whole”. Faith is a necessary component and so is grace, without either of them salvation is impossible. Because we have faith grace becomes effectual. If there is no faith, grace has no means of giving salvation. Thus, because of faith grace can save. The genitive emphasizes the means of salvation, which is the combo of grace through faith, but to deny that “because of” is not also correct, is nearsighted because Heb 11 uses the Dative to express “by (means of) faith”. Moreover, Jesus’s words to the sinful woman at Lazarus’s house has faith being the active and direct cause of her being saved. Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Faith is the instrumental cause of our being saved by grace.

Doug
RIGHT, so just like i said, if we argue over semantics "straining at a gnat" we miss the BIG PICTURE.

BEE=CAUSE, you must ask yurseff, what is in PROCESS BEFOOOR we get n===ear the DOOR

RIGHT, so just like i said, if we argue over semantics "straining at a gnat" we miss the BIG PICTURE.

BEE=CAUSE, you must ask yurseff, what is in PROCESS BEFOOOR we get n===ear the DOOR
When you figure out the answer to that question, get back to me and I will respond appropriately.

Doug

See Doug's post 4453. It means "by means of"

Back
Top Bottom