An Article on free will

Post 3 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

Almighty God impels people to make an offering in the Old Testament, in Truth (John 14:6).​

During the lifetime of Moses, this sequence of Hebrew letters אביהוא carried a specific contextual significance for a Hebrew language fluent person hearing or reading the Hebrew word.

During the Exodus, the same timeframe as Moses, another sequence of Hebrew letters נדב carried a specific contextual significance for a Hebrew language fluent person hearing or reading the Hebrew word.

The original language Holy Scripture communicae must be comprehensively transferred to a target language in order for the target language communicae to be called Biblical; otherwise, the target language is a broken Biblical translation, or, more accurately, an unholy translation.

These Hebrew words are masked, even a mystery for a person not fluent in or unfamiliar with the Hebrew language.

The Hebrew word אביהוא translates into English as "He is Father".

The Hebrew word נדב translates into English as "generous".

The Hebrew word אביהוא has been transliterated into English as "Abihu" (Strong's 30 - אֲבִיהוּא - Abihu - אביהוא - abh - an Israelite name, He is Father (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/30.htm)).

The Hebrew word נדב has been transliterated into English as "Nabab" (Strong's 5070 - נָדָ֨ב - Nadab - נדב - ndb - an Israelite name, generous, noble (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/5070.htm)).

Let us examine a passage where these names are mentioned as transliterations:

Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron
(Leviticus 10:1, NASB)

Now, let us examine the same passage where these names are mentioned as translations:

Now Generous and He is Father, the sons of Aaron
(Leviticus 10:1)

The translation expresses the concept as perceived by the Hebrew language communicator around the time of the Exodus.

The Hebrew word נדבה is another word that is contemporary with the Exodus, that is, in the lifetime of Moses and Moses' slightly elder brother named Aaron.

The Hebrew word נדב (generous) is the root Hebrew word for the Hebrew word נדבה which maintains the root word concept extended to include the concept of "offering". Both of these Hebrew words share exactly the same first 3 characters.

Cumulatively, נדבה
(Strong's 5071 - נְדָבָ֖ה - nedabah - נדבה - ndbh - impelled generous offering (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/5071.htm)) denotes "generous offering", not "freewill offering" which is an unholy translation that deviates from the contemporary root word meaning of "generous".

Let us examine a passage where נדבה is translated into the deceptive form of "freewill offering" as the English translators and linguists abandon the Hebrew root word נדב (generous):

They received from Moses all the contributions which the sons of Israel had brought to perform the work in the construction of the sanctuary. And they still [continued] bringing to him freewill offerings every morning.
(Exodus 36:3, NASB)

Now, let us examine the same passage where נדבה is translated into the truthful form of "generous offering" adhering to the Hebrew root word נדב (generous):

They received from Moses all the contributions which the sons of Israel had brought to perform the work in the construction of the sanctuary. And they still [continued] bringing to him generous offerings every morning.
(Exodus 36:3)

You and your leader, Doctor Brian H. Wagner, neglect the Hebrew word חפשי which also occurs during the timeframe of Moses life.

The Hebrew word חפשי translates to the concept represented in by the English word free.

The concluding word in the following verse is חפשי (Strong's 2670 - חָפְשִׁי - chophshi - חפשי - chphsh - free):

But if the slave plainly says, "I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,"
(Exodus 21:5)

The Hebrew word חפשי (free) is entirely different from the Hebrew word נדב (generous). The Hebrew language has these two distinct words for two distinct purposes.

The Hebrew word חפשי conveys the concept of free, liberated, detached, autonomous. This Hebrew word of חפשי (free) does not appear as a modifier to the concept of a person's will nor God's Will in all of Holy Scripture.

The Hebrew word נדב conveys the concept of generous, liberally, freely, plentiful. By extension, the Hebrew word נדבה (generous offering) maintains the meaning of it's root Hebrew word נדב (generous).

All of these words are used in the Book of Exodus - all within the lifetime of Moses:
So this means the concepts expressed by these words must remain consistent.

Since חפשי (free) is not part of נדבה (generous offering), then wicked men practice the lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23) of using "free-will offering" for נדבה (generous offering) after those men have been shown the Truth (John 14:6).

The Septuagint version of Exodus 35:29 reads:

And every man and woman whose mind inclined them to come in and do all the works as many as the Lord appointed them to do by Moses- they the children of Israel brought an offering to the Lord.
(Exodus 35:29, Brenton)

The Septuagint Translation of the Old Testament (Torah) contains "an offering" with no mention of "freewill", so freewill is absent.

Freewill is not a part of the Hebrew word נדבה (generous offering) of which the English Bible translators/linguists moved from "freely" (plentiful, generous, abundant) over the centuries into "freewill", so "freewill offering" is not found in the Old Testament, but "impelled generous offering" is found in the Old Testament, and this Scriptural explanation demonstrates this fact.

At the time of the Exodus, when a person who spoke the Hebrew language heard the Hebrew word נדבה, then that person thought of the concept "generous", not "free-will", but truly "impelled generous offering"!

The written Hebrew language was a consonant only alphabet at the time of the Exodus during the lifetimes of Moses and Aaron.

Thousands of years later, vowels were introduced into the written Hebrew language. The Masoretes with their Masoretic Texts of post seventh century A.D. to pre fourteenth century A.D. added niqqud, in Hebrew orthography, a system of diacritical signs (dots and points) used to represent vowel letters in the formerly exclusively consonant written Hebrew alphabet.

Currently, the Masoretic words of נָדָ֨ב (nadab, generous, Strong's 5070) and נְדַב (nedab, to volunteer / offer freely, Strong's 5069) and נָדַב (nadab, to incite / impel, Strong's 5068) originate from exactly same Hebrew word of נדב (ndb, generous, Strong's 5070), and the evidence of this reality is visible by the removal of the Masoretic vowels leaving only the Hebrew consonants - just like the written Hebrew language existed in ancient times such as the lifetimes of Paul, Jesus, David, Moses, Aaron, and Aaron's son Generous (נדב).

These semantics demonstrate that distinguishing differences among נָדָ֨ב (nadab, Strong's 5070) and נְדַב (nedab, Strong's 5069) and נָדַב (nadab, Strong's 5068) is defective linguistics, even deceptive linguistics. נְדַב (nedab, to volunteer / offer freely, Strong's 5069) appears only in the Book of Ezra. נָדָ֨ב (nadab, generous, Strong's 5070) and נָדַב (nadab, to incite / impel, Strong's 5068) appear in the Book of Exodus.

The linguistic result illuminates the absence of the freewill concept from נדב (ndb, generous, Strong's 5070) while at the same time leaving the generous concept intact for נדב (ndb, Strong's 5070); therefore, נדבה (ndbh, Strong's 5071) means "generous offering", not "freewill offering", but "generous offering" in Truth (John 14:6).

The article FREEWILL AS TAUGHT IN SCRIPTURE by Brian H. Wagner, Ph.D., instructor of church history, theology and biblical languages at Virginia Baptist College, fails to accurately explain the original Hebrew language as utilized by the Israelites at the time of the Exodus.

Dr. Wagner's bio even states he is a Biblical language expert, but he fails to know the Hebrew language.

Because of this fact, Brian H. Wagner, Ph.D. is a deceiver preaching free-will of man (2 Timothy 3:13), and people following Wagner are deceived by thinking that they have a free will capable of choosing Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation despite the fact that the Word of God states unequivocally:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), so God exclusively chooses people.
  • "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.

This post 3 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts" continues at post 4.

So work means the exact opposite in Calvinism. When work is used with God it means grace and with the same word used of man it means the opposite. Sounds like special pleasing to me.

Do you believe Lord Jesus, the Christ of us Christians, when He says "you believe in Him whom He has sent" is very explicitly "the work of God" (John 6:29)?

Post 2 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

The Aramaic word נְדַב (Strong's 5069 - nedab - נדב - ndb - to volunteer, offer freely) sounds like an action caused by God when a person does something pleasing to God for it is written "the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him" (Romans 8:6-9).

We believers have "actions" that please God, and these "actions" are called Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).

Was that supposed to be a serious comment

To volunteer you imagine to speak of being determined?

A free will offering you believe a determined offering?

I'm glad you asked. Did you know the English word "suffer" meant "permit" when the KJV was published in 1612, about 400 years ago?
Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
(Matthew 19:14)​
Those are nearly antonyms.

Yes but it is irrelevant
With the Hebrew word Strong's 5070 - נָדָ֨ב - Nadab - נדב - ndb - an Israelite name, generous, noble (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/5070.htm) and it's derivatives, we do not encounter the morphological distortion over the centuries, even millennia.
forget the name the verb is Strongs h5069

5069 נְדַב, הִתְנַדָּבוּ [nâdab /ned·ab/] v. Corresponding to 5068; TWOT 2848; GK 10461 and 10219; Four occurrences; AV translates as “freely offered” once, “freewill offering” once, “offering willingly” once, and “minded of their own freewill” once. 1 to volunteer, offer freely. 1A (Ithpael). 1A1 to volunteer. 1A2 to give freely, offer freely.

James Strong, Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon (Woodside Bible Fellowship, 1995).

English Standard Version

4 in 3 verses
Ezra 7:13I make a decree that anyone of the people of Israel or their priests or Levites in my kingdom, who freely offers to go to Jerusalem, may go with you.
Ezra 7:15and also to carry the silver and gold that the king and his counselors have freely offered to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem,
Ezra 7:16with all the silver and gold that you shall find in the whole province of Babylonia, and with the freewill offerings of the people and the priests, vowed willingly for the house of their God that is in Jerusalem.

King James VersionKing James Version
5 in 3 verses
Ezra 7:13I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee.
Ezra 7:15And to carry the silver and gold, which the king and his counsellers have freely offered unto the God of Israel, whose habitation is in Jerusalem,
Ezra 7:16And all the silver and gold that thou canst find in all the province of Babylon, with the freewill offering of the people, and of the priests, offering willingly for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem:

NASB 95
4 in 3 verses
Ezra 7:13I have issued a decree that any of the people of Israel and their priests and the Levites in my kingdom who are willing to go to Jerusalem, may go with you.
Ezra 7:15and to bring the silver and gold, which the king and his counselors have freely offered to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem,
Ezra 7:16with all the silver and gold which you find in the whole province of Babylon, along with the freewill offering of the people and of the priests, who offered willingly for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem;

Legacy Standard Bible
4 in 3 verses
Ezra 7:13I have issued a decree that any of the people of Israel and their priests and the Levites in my kingdom who freely offer to go to Jerusalem, may go with you.
Ezra 7:15and to bring the silver and gold, which the king and his counselors have freely offered to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem,
Ezra 7:16and all the silver and gold which you find in the whole province of Babylon, along with the freewill offering of the people and of the priests, who offered willingly for the house of their God which is in Jerusalem;

In response to your questions' components:
  1. Why should I reject A professor of biblical languages:

Answer: Brian H. Wagner Ph.D. is not the Word of God, and the post to which you replied as well as the continuation of this post and demonstrates the failure Brian's understanding of biblical languages which in turn leads to the deception of Doctor Wagner's Free-willian Philosophy.​
The word of God is seen above. All the translations affirmed free will or a synonymous word

1. Why should I reject multiple translation

You appear to have an agenda

Answer: Reject only the flawed translation portion. Let us examine the remaining Scripture that you quoted, but first, some foundation.

The heart of man plans his way, but YHWH establishes his steps (Proverbs 16:9).

For behold, he who forms the mountains and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought, who makes the morning darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth - YHWH, the God of hosts, is his name (Amos 4:13)!

You repeatedly quoted:

Ezra 7:13
I have issued a decree that any of the people of Israel and their priests and the Levites in my kingdom who are willing to go to Jerusalem, may go with you.

But more accurately, Ezra 7:13 reads "I have issued a decree that any of the people of Israel and their priests and the Levites in my kingdom who generously go to Jerusalem, may go with you.".​
Did you just create your own translation

I looked at over two dozen and none read generous

You are contradicting all the hebrew language scholars based upon what appears to be a biased agenda

And, you consecutively in repetition quoted:

Ezra 7:15
and to bring the silver and gold, which the king and his advisers have voluntarily given to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem,

But more accurately, Ezra 7:15 reads "and to bring the silver and gold, which the king and his advisers have generously given to the God of Israel, whose dwelling is in Jerusalem,".​
Same here

All the evidence is against you

Yours is the whole world is wrong and I am right

I see no reason to go any further in this post

Post 3 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

Almighty God impels people to make an offering in the Old Testament, in Truth (John 14:6).

During the lifetime of Moses, this sequence of Hebrew letters אביהוא carried a specific contextual significance for a Hebrew language fluent person hearing or reading the Hebrew word.

During the Exodus, the same timeframe as Moses, another sequence of Hebrew letters נדב carried a specific contextual significance for a Hebrew language fluent person hearing or reading the Hebrew word.

The original language Holy Scripture communicae must be comprehensively transferred to a target language in order for the target language communicae to be called Biblical; otherwise, the target language is a broken Biblical translation, or, more accurately, an unholy translation.

These Hebrew words are masked, even a mystery for a person not fluent in or unfamiliar with the Hebrew language.

The Hebrew word אביהוא translates into English as "He is Father".

The Hebrew word נדב translates into English as "generous".

The Hebrew word אביהוא has been transliterated into English as "Abihu" (Strong's 30 - אֲבִיהוּא - Abihu - אביהוא - abh - an Israelite name, He is Father (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/30.htm)).

The Hebrew word נדב has been transliterated into English as "Nabab" (Strong's 5070 - נָדָ֨ב - Nadab - נדב - ndb - an Israelite name, generous, noble (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/5070.htm)).

Let us examine a passage where these names are mentioned as transliterations:
Now Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron
(Leviticus 10:1, NASB)​

Now, let us examine the same passage where these names are mentioned as translations:
Now Generous and He is Father, the sons of Aaron
(Leviticus 10:1)​

The translation expresses the concept as perceived by the Hebrew language communicator around the time of the Exodus.

The Hebrew word נדבה is another word that is contemporary with the Exodus, that is, in the lifetime of Moses and Moses' slightly elder brother named Aaron.

The Hebrew word נדב (generous) is the root Hebrew word for the Hebrew word נדבה which maintains the root word concept extended to include the concept of "offering". Both of these Hebrew words share exactly the same first 3 characters.

Cumulatively, נדבה
(Strong's 5071 - נְדָבָ֖ה - nedabah - נדבה - ndbh - impelled generous offering (links to biblehub.com/hebrew/5071.htm)) denotes "generous offering", not "freewill offering" which is an unholy translation that deviates from the contemporary root word meaning of "generous".

Let us examine a passage where נדבה is translated into the deceptive form of "freewill offering" as the English translators and linguists abandon the Hebrew root word נדב (generous):
They received from Moses all the contributions which the sons of Israel had brought to perform the work in the construction of the sanctuary. And they still [continued] bringing to him freewill offerings every morning.
(Exodus 36:3, NASB)​

Now, let us examine the same passage where נדבה is translated into the truthful form of "generous offering" adhering to the Hebrew root word נדב (generous):
They received from Moses all the contributions which the sons of Israel had brought to perform the work in the construction of the sanctuary. And they still [continued] bringing to him generous offerings every morning.
(Exodus 36:3)​

You and your leader, Doctor Brian H. Wagner, neglect the Hebrew word חפשי which also occurs during the timeframe of Moses life.

The Hebrew word חפשי translates to the concept represented in by the English word free.

The concluding word in the following verse is חפשי (Strong's 2670 - חָפְשִׁי - chophshi - חפשי - chphsh - free):
But if the slave plainly says, "I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,"
(Exodus 21:5)​

The Hebrew word חפשי (free) is entirely different from the Hebrew word נדב (generous). The Hebrew language has these two distinct words for two distinct purposes.

The Hebrew word חפשי conveys the concept of free, liberated, detached, autonomous. This Hebrew word of חפשי (free) does not appear as a modifier to the concept of a person's will nor God's Will in all of Holy Scripture.

The Hebrew word נדב conveys the concept of generous, liberally, freely, plentiful. By extension, the Hebrew word נדבה (generous offering) maintains the meaning of it's root Hebrew word נדב (generous).

All of these words are used in the Book of Exodus - all within the lifetime of Moses:
So this means the concepts expressed by these words must remain consistent.

Since חפשי (free) is not part of נדבה (generous offering), then wicked men practice the lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23) of using "free-will offering" for נדבה (generous offering) after those men have been shown the Truth (John 14:6).

The Septuagint version of Exodus 35:29 reads:
And every man and woman whose mind inclined them to come in and do all the works as many as the Lord appointed them to do by Moses- they the children of Israel brought an offering to the Lord.
(Exodus 35:29, Brenton)​

The Septuagint Translation of the Old Testament (Torah) contains "an offering" with no mention of "freewill", so freewill is absent.

Freewill is not a part of the Hebrew word נדבה (generous offering) of which the English Bible translators/linguists moved from "freely" (plentiful, generous, abundant) over the centuries into "freewill", so "freewill offering" is not found in the Old Testament, but "impelled generous offering" is found in the Old Testament, and this Scriptural explanation demonstrates this fact.

At the time of the Exodus, when a person who spoke the Hebrew language heard the Hebrew word נדבה, then that person thought of the concept "generous", not "free-will", but truly "impelled generous offering"!

The written Hebrew language was a consonant only alphabet at the time of the Exodus during the lifetimes of Moses and Aaron.

Thousands of years later, vowels were introduced into the written Hebrew language. The Masoretes with their Masoretic Texts of post seventh century A.D. to pre fourteenth century A.D. added niqqud, in Hebrew orthography, a system of diacritical signs (dots and points) used to represent vowel letters in the formerly exclusively consonant written Hebrew alphabet.

Currently, the Masoretic words of נָדָ֨ב (nadab, generous, Strong's 5070) and נְדַב (nedab, to volunteer / offer freely, Strong's 5069) and נָדַב (nadab, to incite / impel, Strong's 5068) originate from exactly same Hebrew word of נדב (ndb, generous, Strong's 5070), and the evidence of this reality is visible by the removal of the Masoretic vowels leaving only the Hebrew consonants - just like the written Hebrew language existed in ancient times such as the lifetimes of Paul, Jesus, David, Moses, Aaron, and Aaron's son Generous (נדב).

These semantics demonstrate that distinguishing differences among נָדָ֨ב (nadab, Strong's 5070) and נְדַב (nedab, Strong's 5069) and נָדַב (nadab, Strong's 5068) is defective linguistics, even deceptive linguistics. נְדַב (nedab, to volunteer / offer freely, Strong's 5069) appears only in the Book of Ezra. נָדָ֨ב (nadab, generous, Strong's 5070) and נָדַב (nadab, to incite / impel, Strong's 5068) appear in the Book of Exodus.

The linguistic result illuminates the absence of the freewill concept from נדב (ndb, generous, Strong's 5070) while at the same time leaving the generous concept intact for נדב (ndb, Strong's 5070); therefore, נדבה (ndbh, Strong's 5071) means "generous offering", not "freewill offering", but "generous offering" in Truth (John 14:6).

The article FREEWILL AS TAUGHT IN SCRIPTURE by Brian H. Wagner, Ph.D., instructor of church history, theology and biblical languages at Virginia Baptist College, fails to accurately explain the original Hebrew language as utilized by the Israelites at the time of the Exodus.

Dr. Wagner's bio even states he is a Biblical language expert, but he fails to know the Hebrew language.

Because of this fact, Brian H. Wagner, Ph.D. is a deceiver preaching free-will of man (2 Timothy 3:13), and people following Wagner are deceived by thinking that they have a free will capable of choosing Lord Jesus Christ unto salvation despite the fact that the Word of God states unequivocally:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), so God exclusively chooses people.
  • "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.

This post 3 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts" continues at post 4.

Well done!! Praise God.

Doctor Brian H. Wagner of Free-willian Philosophy loses against the Word of God, and this post proves it, again.

If it is anything like your other post it is not the word of God but yiour opinion
The Word of God declares that a man is incapable of choosing right:
And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right? (Luke 12:57[/URL])​
Your free-will exists not. I encourage you to read John chapter 3, right now. The Lord willing, you will return to this post to read it in full and reply.

Lets see

Joshua 24:15–17 (KJV 1900) — 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. 16 And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods; 17 For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:

Deuteronomy 30:11–19 (KJV 1900) — 11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it. 15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; 16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. 17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them; 18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. 19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

nope the bible does not support you

There is no such thing as free-will because no Word of God states that free-will exists, and this post proves it, again.

You just ignored many in part2

and se below

(ARV 2005) but without thy mind I would do nothing, that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(ASV-2014) but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(Anderson) but, without your consent, I was not willing to do any thing, that your good deed might not be as a matter of necessity, but one of free-will.
(ASV) but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(FAA) but I did not want to do anything without your opinion, so that your good deed would not be as it were under compulsion, but of free will.
(GDBY_NT) but without your consent I did not wish to do anything; in order that your good might not be by constraint, but by the free will:
(GW) Yet, I didn't want to do anything without your consent. I want you to do this favor for me out of your own free will without feeling forced to do it.
(csb) But I didn't want to do anything without your consent, so that your good deed might not be out of obligation, but of your own free will.
(LEB) But apart from your consent, I wanted to do nothing, in order that your good deed might be not as according to necessity, but according to your own free will.
(MRC) but without your consent I did not want to do anything, that your goodness might not be by necessity, but of your own free will.
(MNT) But without your consent I was unwilling to do anything, so that your kindness to me might be of your own free will, and not of compulsion.
(NTVR) but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(Revised Standard ) but I preferred to do nothing without your consent in order that your goodness might not be by compulsion but of your own free will.
(RNT) but without your consent I am unwilling to do anything, so that your goodness may not be of necessity but of free will.
(RSV-CE) but I preferred to do nothing without your consent in order that your goodness might not be by compulsion but of your own free will.
(TLV) But I didn’t want to do anything without your consent, so that your goodness wouldn’t be by force but by free will.
(WEB) But I was willing to do nothing without your consent, that your goodness would not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(WEB (R)) But I was willing to do nothing without your consent, that your goodness would not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(Wuest's) Georgia;;14-16 But I came to a decision in my heart to do nothing without your consent, in order that your goodness might not be as it were by compulsion but of your own free will. For perhaps on this account he was parted for a brief time in order that you might be possessing him fully and forever, no longer in the capacity of a slave, but above a slave, a brother , a beloved one, beloved most of all by me, how much more than that by you, both in his human relationship and in the Lord.
(NASB77) 14 but without your consent I did not want to do anything, that your goodness should not be as it were by compulsion, but of your own free will.
(NASB95) 14 but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will.
(TEV) 14 However, I do not want to force you to help me; rather, I would like for you to do it of your own free will. So I will not do anything unless you agree.
(ERV) 14 but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(NHEB) 14 But I was willing to do nothing without your consent, that your goodness would not be as of necessity, but of free will.
(TCE) 14 but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will.
CT 14 but I would not do any thing without thy consent, that the benefit derived from thee might not be as it were forced, but of free will.
NENT 14 but without thy: mind I wished to do nothing; that thy: goodness be not as of necessity, but of free will.
SLT 14 But without thy judgment I would do nothing; that good might not be as according to necessity, but according to free will.
(NEB) 14 But I would rather do nothing without your consent, so that your kindness may be a matter not of compulsion, but of your own free will.
(REB) 14 But I would rather do nothing without your consent, so that your kindness may be a matter not of compulsion, but of your own free will.
(RASV)but without your consent I would do nothing; that your goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.

(UASV)but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by necessity but of your own free will.

that is more than enough to rebut your claim

Post 4 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

I do not believe you have shown they are inaccurate. It appears to me, you have rejected words and terms synonymous with free will

Below is a search for freewill or "free will' in my top bibles in the Old Testament

English Standard Version
24 in 23 verses
King James VersionKing James Version
17 in 17 verses
The New International Version (1984)The New International Version (1984)
22 in 22 verses
Legacy Standard BibleLegacy Standard Bible
26 in 25 verses
Updated American Standard VersionUpdated American Standard Version
17 in 17 verses

There is no way I would reject all these translations based on your claims

As demonstrated in these posts, some English Bible translators maltranslated the original Hebrew language to achieve an unbiblical concept of free-will instead of, for example, the Biblical concept of generous, even impelled generosity.

You wrote "It appears to me, you have rejected words and terms synonymous with free will", but you enthusiastically add free-will where the concept does not exist in the Bible.

You cast an aspersion without any supporting documentation.

Here is an example of you adding free-will into the Bible. Your links that you provided are to the entirety of those versions.

The Unchangeableness of God and the Will of God​

Many people preach that God has a free-will.

The common free-willian refrain is along the lines of "God has freewill. Christ has freewill. Man was made in their image/likeness. Result? = Man has free will." (an actual free-willian quote).

So, the free-willian philosophy holds that God free-will chooses to change between good and evil, and, since God created man in God's image according to God's likeness (Genesis 1:26), then man does precisely the same as God; therefore, man free-will chooses to change between good and evil.

A Will Requires A Host​

First, the definition of free must be considered.

Free denotes:

1. of autonomy:
    • (noun) no constraint, uncontrolled, liberty, not enslaved, emancipation.
    • (verb) disentangled, extricate, untangle.
  2. of property:
    • (noun) complimentary, without charge, gratis, no payment required.
    • (verb) give away, sacrifice.
The subject is not of property regarding free-will, so the subject is focused of autonomy regarding free-will.

The word "free" represents a relative concept, as shown in the following paragraph; in other words, a person is "free" from "something".

A person in a constitutional republic, such as the U.S.A., is free to start a business (free from being captives of the tyranny of the King of Great Britain per the U.S. Declaration of Independence), but a person in a communist country, such as North Korea, is NOT free to start a business (communist citizens are captives (owned) by their government).

Second, the definition of free-will must be considered.

Free-will: an autonomous will, an isolated willpower, detached volition, independent moral agency.

Next, considering "will", a will exists not in a vacuum; in other words, a will must be part of a host.

Respecting an unsaved person - the default first condition of every person, since a host (person) is required to host a will, then the person's will is part of the person's self, so the person's will is self-will because the person'a will is attached to the self-same person; on the other hand, the person's will is not free floating detached from the person, so the person's will is not free-will.

The Apostle proclaims a person's will is either one of but not both of:

• a person's will is controlled by God with "God having purified your souls in the obedience of the Truth through the Spirit" (1 Peter 1:21-22) and "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
  • a person's will is controlled by man with "the Lord knows how" "to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority, daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).
A person's will is dependent upon God (Christimage-will (bond-will), Romans 8:29), or a person's will is dependent upon man (self-will, 2 Peter 2:9-10). No other will exists for a person; moreover, free-will is an illusion as conveyed by the Apostle Paul with "I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will" (Philemon 1:14).

While the unrighteous unbelievers daringly revel in their own glory founded in their self-willed "I chose Jesus" (2 Peter 2:9-10) thus their hearts steal King Jesus Christ's glory, on the other hand, we righteousness of God in Christ believers worship the Glorious One (2 Corinthians 5:21) who sovereignly chose us (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).

Thus says Adonai YHWH (Lord GOD) "I am YHWH; that is my name; my glory I give to no other" (Isaiah 42:8), yet the free-willians try to steal God's exclusive glory in the salvation of man.

God's Will is not free will because a free-will does not have a host, yet a host is required for an associated will to exist; therefore, the Will of God is God's Will. See God's Will mentioned in 1 Peter 2:15.

NO SCRIPTURE STATES THAT GOD HAS A FREE-WILL.

God is unchangingly good (Malachi 3:6, Psalm 107:1) for the Word of God says "no one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18), so God is exclusively good all the time while at the same time God never changes to being evil.

In effect, free-willian philosophy includes that God imparted God-like free-will into man, and it is established that man free-will chooses between being good and being evil according to man's God-like free-will; therefore, God's free-will results in God fluctuating between good and evil because man's God-like free-will fluctuates between good and evil, so God changes to being evil by free-willian philosophers preaching that God has free-will.

THE RESULT, MAN CANNOT HAVE A GOD-LIKE FREE-WILL BECAUSE GOD CANNOT HAVE A FREE-WILL.

NO SCRIPTURE STATES THAT MAN HAS A FREE-WILL.

Free-will philosophy includes the man generated foundation that, by free-will, man can choose to be evil or good, even the ability for a natural man to free-will choose Jesus Christ unto the good of saving himself from the wrath of God.

The Word of God declares:

• "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Every person has a will, but a person's will is either one of but not both of (1) a self-will against God in evil for the natural flesh person (2 Peter 2:9-10) or (2) a will in Christ doing God's good by the Holy Spirit for the Born of God (Romans 8:29, Philippians 2:13, John 3:3-8).

This post 4 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts" continues at post 5.

Now that it is established that every reference for free-will in your quoted posts that you provided for the Old Testament is a maltranslation into English, let's examine your response about the New Testament references that you provided as purported proof of man's free-will.

Post 5 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

You interpret it in isolation from its previous verse

John 6:28–29 (NASB 2020) — 28 Therefore they said to Him, “What are we to do, so that we may accomplish the works of God?” 29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Jesus was answering in the manner they asked and informing them that what God requires is that they believe

Belief is man's responsibility

Acts 16:30–31 (NASB 2020) — 30 and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Paul did not state "nothing or wait on a gift of faith" he told them they were to believe

Based upon your writings, you believe that the "believe" in Jesus is the work of man not the work of God, so you preach the opposite of Lord Jesus Christ's sayings.

Here is the John 6:28-29 passage:

they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.
(John 6:28-29)

In John 6:28, we find the people including the work of man with "we may work", but in John 6:29, we find Lord Jesus dismissing the work of man by way of the Lord exclusively attributing the you believe in Him whom He has sent. to God alone with the Word of God saying This is the work of God.

You wrote that Jesus does not mean what He declares in “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”[/b] (John 6:28-29) when you contorted Christ's sayings into the non-Christ sayings of “This is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”. Either you believe the Word of God, or you disbelieve the Word of God. "{b]He who does not love Me does not keep My words[/b]" (John 14:24) says the Word of God.

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent. (Lord Jesus Christ, John 6:28-29)

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. (The Word of God, John 6:63)

You bear false witness against me by your writing of "isolation" about John 6:29 because God revealed the above about John 6:28-29 to me long before you wrote "isolation". I did not mention your "interpret" intentionally because I do not interpret Holy Scripture. I hear the Word of God because of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21) revealing Truth (John 14:6) to me, but I know that you convey with your "interpret" that I add to Scripture.

So, you convey the hypocritical falsehood that I add to the Lord Jesus Christ's words recorded in John 6:29, but you add "the work of man" into John 6:29 such that your heart's treasure is “This is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.” as the conveyance that comes out of you, yet King Jesus certainly proclaims “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”[/b] (the Word of God, John 6:29).

Let's move on to Acts 16:30–31 which you brought up as a proof that belief/faith in Jesus is the work/gift of man not the work/gift of God.

The Apostle Paul accords with Lord Jesus Christ's words recorded in John 6:29 when Paul wrote "(8) by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, (9) not as a result of works, so that no one may boast (10) for we are His work" (Ephesians 2:8-10).

See Paul absolutely conveys that our Christian faith/belief is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8) because we are His work (Ephesians 2:10); at the same time, our Christian faith/belief not of ourselves (Ephesians 2:8).

Here is the passage surrounding Acts 16:30–31:

But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; (26) and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were unfastened. (27) When the jailer awoke and saw the prison doors opened, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. (28) But Paul cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here!” (29) And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, (30) and after he brought them out, he said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (31) They said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (32) And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. (33) And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was immersed, he and all his [household].
(Acts 16:25-33)

Paul and Silas commanded the jailer with “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:31), yet a command does not convey ability; moreover, that Believe in the command is beyond the control of the jailer and his household (John 6:28-29, Ephesians 2:8-10), and we see the Word is good unto being saved from the wrath of God (Romans 1:16) because immediately after the command Paul and Silas spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house (Acts 16:32).

The culmination of seeing that the Word is good unto being saved from the wrath of God (Romans 1:16) is that God causes the jailer's household to believe (John 6:28-29, Ephesians 2:8-10) as visible in the fact that the whole jailer's household was immersed in the Word (John 1:1-5, John 1:14), that is, they believed in the Son whom the Father has sent (Acts 16:33).

Do not be deceived, TomL, man must believe in Jesus to be saved (John chapter 3), and the Father causes we children of God to believe in His Son whom He has sent (John 6:28-29, Ephesians 2:8-10) to the glory God Eternal (2 Peter 1:3)!

This post 5 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts" continues at post 6.

Now that it is established that every reference for free-will in your quoted posts that you provided for the Old Testament is a maltranslation into English, let's examine your response about the New Testament references that you provided as purported proof of man's free-will.
Sorry no it was not determined

You simply claimed it ignoring every translation

and ignoring the fact we were defining a verb not a name

Post 5 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

Based upon your writings, you believe that the "believe" in Jesus is the work of man not the work of God, so you preach the opposite of Lord Jesus Christ's sayings.

Here is the John 6:28-29 passage:
they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.
(John 6:28-29)​
And Jesus answered them according to what they asked

They asked what shall we do that we work the works of God

Jesus answered, showing the work they were to do was to believe

He did not say you can do nothing

and we see what is basically the same question here

Acts 16:30–31 (KJV 1900) — 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

scripture does not contradict itself

Paul and Silas commanded the jailer with “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:31), yet a command does not convey ability; moreover, that Believe in the command is beyond the control of the jailer and his household

These show it is not beyond man ability

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would God blind someone who had no ability to see?

Why prevent from believing those who had no capacity for belief

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Jesus clearly states he hides truth for some as otherwise they would repent and be forgiven

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy and believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

these also imply ability to believe

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John the apostle believes the testimony of John the Baptist is sufficient for faith.

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

How much exegesis is needed to see men believed based upon the woman's testimony

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

men will be able to believe based on the apostle's testimony

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

The reading of scripture is sufficient for belief

2 Timothy 3:15 (NIV) — 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 3:4–11 (NIV) — 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. 7 I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8 Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9 and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.

As is the preaching of it.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

(John 6:28-29, Ephesians 2:8-10),

UM Eph 2 8 says nothing about an inability to believe

Ephesians 2:8–10 (KJV 1900) — 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

What is not of yourself is salvation

Faith is what you must exercise as God is not going to believe for you

and we already discussed John 6:28,29

Post 6 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

Er having authority over one own will is having a free will

You certainly confuse "free-will" with "will" because the Apostle Paul wrote "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13), so we find that every single Christian's will is controlled by God.

You certainly confuse "free-will" with "will" because "his own will" is Biblically in 1 Corinthians 7:37 while at the same time "free-will" is non-existent Biblically. You brought up 1 Corinthians 7:37, which is devoid of "free-will", and you point at this verse to preach "having authority over one own will is having a free will" which means your heart adds to Scripture, specifically non-existent "free-will" into 1 Corinthians 7:37, converting it into the ungodly "his own free-will".

You certainly confuse "free-will" with "good God driven will" because in:

But whoever is firmly established in his heart, being under no necessity but having authority over his own will, and has judged this in his heart, to keep his own virgin daughter, he will do well.
(1 Corinthians 7:37)
Paul describes a father's "good God driven will" toward his daughter, and the father's "good God driven will" is for the Spiritual benefit of him and his daughter.

Since "no one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18), then God is the cause of that father's "good God driven will".

Only children of God have a "good God driven will" with the ability to judge what is right for the Wonderful Word of God declares that a man is incapable of choosing/discerning right/good in man's willpower:

And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right? (Luke 12:57)[/URL]
Your free-will does not exist, so your self-will is driven by you, not a "good God driven will". I encourage you to read John chapter 3, again, right now. The Lord willing, you will return to this post to continue reading it in full and reply.

so you are affirming men have a free will

Your conclusion is flawed and false. People do not have a free will.

God causes people to practice the Truth (John 14:6).

God causes people to come to the Light (John 8:12).

"he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God. (The Word of God, John 3:21)

Behold, a person coming to Christ is controlled by Christ (John 3:21)

Er you just confessed a self will is a free will

Self-willed people (2 Peter 2:9-10) think that they have the free-will to choose Jesus Christ unto being saved from the wrath of God, but free-will is a tradition of men (Matthew 15:9) that leads self-willed people to destruction for they choose an idol (revile angelic majesties per the Apostle Peter) instead of worshipping the One True God who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You add to Holy Scripture as illustrated in the opening of this post regarding John 6:29. Now, you to add to that which God causes me to write.

Since you so thoroughly misrepresented that which God caused me to compose, here it is again.

The Bondage Of A Man's Will​

Free-willians, in a respect, are correct that "there's no difference between self will and free will", and that respect is that both self will and free will lead to hell.

Now, instead of listening to themselves lie with things like "Free will is all through the scriptures", they need to listen to Apostolic testimony as shown below.

Peter the Apostle wrote that prior to being saved, people have a self will that brings such people under damnation with the devil according to the Apostle Peter (2 Peter 2:9-10).

Paul the Apostle wrote that after being saved, people have a will that is bound under the loving control of God according to the Apostle Paul (Philippians 2:13).

Here's Paul from the Bible, again. Overall, Paul uses free will as illusory instead of concrete in Philemon 1:14 - and this is the only occurrence of "free will" that I am aware of in the New American Standard Bible New Testament.

Free-willians do not have a free will, as described by Paul.

Free-willians do have a self will, as described by Peter.

Free-willians gleefully separate themselves from God's will and the Christ of us Christians Who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19). We Christians in God's Spirit have a will bound enthusiastically in joy and love to God by God for God through God, as described by the Word of God.

The above mentioned Apostolic testimony verbatim:

• "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority; daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10).
  • "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13).
  • "but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will" (Philemon 1:14).

God saves us children of God from the wrath of God by God's grace for God's glory! Praise be to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Are you a calvinist?

If so you believe men have a determined will not a self will

No. I am not a Calvinist.

I am a Christian for I believe In Christ, and I follow Christ by the Power of God.

So Christians can never sin?

Were they sinning by their own will or the will of God?

The Apostle Paul wrote "I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me" (Romans 7:20). Your questions are addressed in the Bible before you even asked them.

here is a list of translations of Philemon 1:14 that speak of free will

Far too many for me to ignore

First, the Apostle Paul's writing:

but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will
(Philemon 1:14)

Paul uses free will as illusory (non-existant, an illusion), instead of concrete in Philemon 1:14 – and this is the only occurrence of “free will” that I am aware of in the New American Standard Bible New Testament.

This passage, of which you wrote, "here is a list of translations of Philemon 1:14 that speak of free will Far too many for me to ignore", is proof that "free-will" does not exist, and there are "Far too many for [you] to ignore".

This post 6 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts" continues at post 7.

Post 7 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

Biblically, human free-will is no thing, yet human will is a thing according to the Word of God, so let's continue.

You do realize that refers to Christ's choice of his apostles. Context does not support your claim

and the overall weight of the translations are against you as well

Essentially, you excluded everyone from being the audience except the Apostles from Christ's words recorded in "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

You add the words "apostles" and "here" into the Word of God such that the following results, "you apostles here did not choose Me, but I chose you here apostles" and "I chose you here apostles out of the world", but that is clearly the addition of your heart and not the Word of God.

Let us behold the audience of Lord Jesus Christ saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias (Acts 1:21-23) were also present, not only your constraint of "the apostles", but truly a minimum of 13 persons besides Jesus are contextually established,, so more than your "just the Apostles" are present.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time (see John 15:16-19), the Lord explained "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:20) JUST ONE VERSE AFTER JOHN 15:19, so this word of Christ's is in context with the manner the world persecutes Christians as Christ's words recorded in Mark 13:1-37 including "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37) THUS CONTEXT EXISTS BETWEEN JOHN 15:16, JOHN 15:19, JOHN 15:20, AND MARK 13:37, so Biblical Context does not support your claim.

Dwell on the Lord Jesus Christ's words "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words" (John 14:23-24).

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)​

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins persons chosen by Jesus with selfsame persons being friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).

""I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16) says Lord Jesus.
A friend of Jesus does not choose Jesus, but Jesus does choose the friend of Jesus (John 15:15-16), and a friend of Jesus does what Jesus commands (John 15:14) by the appointment of Jesus (John 15:16) thus being a friend of Jesus by the Christ's choosing (John 15:14-16).
FREE-WILLIANS DISAVOW CHRIST'S WORDS OF "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" (JOHN 15:16) FOR THEMSELVES WHILE AT THE SAME TIME DECLARING THE WORDS AS EXCLUSIVELY APPLICABLE TO THE APOSTLES; THEREFORE, FREE-WILLIANS DENY BEING A FRIEND OF JESUS WHICH JESUS COVERS IN THE SAME SAYINGS OF JESUS.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus" or "I accepted Jesus" resulting in the following implications to free-willian philosophy:

• the enemy of Jesus rejects Jesus * Who says Who He is, and Jesus declares Himself Sovereign, the exclusive Controller, in man's salvation.
  • the enemy of Jesus does not receive the sayings of Jesus * for the enemy disavows Jesus' sayings about God's exclusive choosing of man (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).
  • the enemy of Jesus thinks the enemy compels God to provide salvation; in other words, the enemy of Jesus thinks that God must obey man's command for salvation to enter the heart of man, also without a man's affirming decision (choosing of Jesus) there is no salvation for the man.
  • the enemy of Jesus gets the glory, yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).

* "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).
In their hearts self-willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) in effect remove themselves from being friends of Jesus.

By the Power of God, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus bears good fruit/works because apart from Jesus a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

By the Power of God, by God's grace, for God's glory (Isaiah 42:8), the friend of Jesus is saved from the wrath of God because Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

We Christians believe the Christ exclusively chooses persons unto salvation:
  • "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16), so God chooses people to be friends (John 15:15, the prior verse) and to believe (John 6:29) and to be born again (John 3:3-8) and for righteous works (John 3:21, John 15:5) and to repent (Matthew 11:25) and to love (John 13:34) and unto salvation (John 15:19 the same passage).
  • "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation), so God exclusively chooses people unto salvation.
  • "What I say to you I say to all" (Lord Jesus Christ, Mark 13:37 - Jesus had taken the Apostles Peter, Andrew, James, and John aside in private and said this), so all the blessings of God mentioned above are to all believers in all time.
The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for free-willians to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

We Christians are blessed of God to be chosen by Lord Jesus without exception because the Word of God says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19, includes salvation)!

Look, not only Context does not support your claim, but moreover and more crucially, you convey additional words resulting in you adding your own words into the Word of God, so it is no longer the Word of God.

We Christians bear a Christ-image will (Romans 8:29); on the other hand, there is no such thing as free-will, but natural man possessing a self-will exists leading to damnation (2 Peter 2:9-10).

Essentially, you excluded everyone from being the audience except the Apostles from Christ's words recorded in "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Read the context. There are no others in the audience
You add the words "apostles" and "here" into the Word of God such that the following results, "you apostles here did not choose Me, but I chose you here apostles" and "I chose you here apostles out of the world", but that is clearly the addition of your heart and not the Word of God.

Let us behold the audience of Lord Jesus Christ saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).
Show from the context there were others otherwise you have no objection

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias (Acts 1:21-23) were also present, not only your constraint of "the apostles", but truly a minimum of 13 persons besides Jesus are contextually established,, so more than your "just the Apostles" are present.

At the time Jesus bestows these blessings to all believers in all time (see John 15:16-19),
really read the context

John 15:16–27 (KJV 1900) — 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name’s sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. 26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

there is no support for your claim there

the Lord explained "If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:20) JUST ONE VERSE AFTER JOHN 15:19, so this word of Christ's is in context with the manner the world persecutes Christians as Christ's words recorded in Mark 13:1-37 including "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37) THUS CONTEXT EXISTS BETWEEN JOHN 15:16, JOHN 15:19, JOHN 15:20, AND MARK 13:37, so Biblical Context does not support your claim.
Sorry nothing supports your claim this was addressed to other than the apostles

you have not shown other that the apostles were being spoken to at that time

Dwell on the Lord Jesus Christ's words "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words" (John 14:23-24).

Says nothing about the audience

Friend Of Jesus (John 15:15) Relation To Exclusive Choice By Jesus (John 15:16)​

Lord Jesus immediately adjacently joins persons chosen by Jesus with selfsame persons being friends of Friend Jesus (John 15:15-16).
""I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me but I chose you" (John 15:15-16) says Lord Jesus.​

no mention of any addition parties

all you have is an assumption

There is no addition of the entire world just those he took out of the world

While the unrighteous unbelievers daringly revel in their own glory founded in their self-willed "I chose Jesus" (2 Peter 2:9-10) thus their hearts steal King Jesus Christ's glory, on the other hand, we righteousness of God in Christ believers worship the Glorious One (2 Corinthians 5:21) who sovereignly chose us (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).

Thus says Adonai YHWH (Lord GOD) "I am YHWH; that is my name; my glory I give to no other" (Isaiah 42:8), yet the free-willians try to steal God's exclusive glory in the salvation of man.

Amen. And once again, praise God.

A friend of Jesus marvels at the glorious exclusive work of God's salvation of man; on the other hand, an enemy of Jesus steals the exclusive glory of man's salvation from God by saying things like "I chose Jesus" or "I accepted Jesus" resulting in the following implications to free-willian philosophy:

• the enemy of Jesus rejects Jesus * Who says Who He is, and Jesus declares Himself Sovereign, the exclusive Controller, in man's salvation.
  • the enemy of Jesus does not receive the sayings of Jesus * for the enemy disavows Jesus' sayings about God's exclusive choosing of man (John 15:16, John 15:19 includes salvation).
  • the enemy of Jesus thinks the enemy compels God to provide salvation; in other words, the enemy of Jesus thinks that God must obey man's command for salvation to enter the heart of man, also without a man's affirming decision (choosing of Jesus) there is no salvation for the man.
  • the enemy of Jesus gets the glory, yet God does not give His glory to another (Isaiah 42:8).
* "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48).​
In their hearts self-willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10) in effect remove themselves from being friends of Jesus.

Amen.

What a load of Huey

Its God's plan

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

John 3:14–16 (KJV 1900) — 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

no one compelled him to do that he chose it that way.

Post 4 of "God's Sovereignty and Man's Dependence Upon God Series Of Posts".

As demonstrated in these posts, some English Bible translators maltranslated the original Hebrew language to achieve an unbiblical concept of free-will instead of, for example, the Biblical concept of generous, even impelled generosity.

You wrote "It appears to me, you have rejected words and terms synonymous with free will", but you enthusiastically add free-will where the concept does not exist in the Bible.

You cast an aspersion without any supporting documentation.
That is a joke I quoted translation after translation, None supported your claim.

And the term free will appears in every bible I have ever seen

All you offer is the translation of a name as opposed to a translation of the verb

and a claim that all the translations and scholars are wrong.

That is a joke I quoted translation after translation, None supported your claim.

And the term free will appears in every bible I have ever seen

All you offer is the translation of a name as opposed to a translation of the verb

and a claim that all the translations and scholars are wrong.

Should that come as a surprise? I'm not aware of ANY translation that gets John 21 right. The original languages in existing MSS are much more reliable than any English translation.

The Doctrine of Free Will

by Dr. Leighton Flowers

No passage in all of scripture ever suggests that fallen men are incapable of willingly responding to God’s own appeal to be reconciled from their fallen condition.

The Doctrine of Free Will

by Dr. Leighton Flowers

No passage in all of scripture ever suggests that fallen men are incapable of willingly responding to God’s own appeal to be reconciled from their fallen condition.

Bondage of the Will (Martin Luther)

Back
Top Bottom