Worshipping The Son

Judeo-Christian is a very common statement.

Muslim-Christian isn’t a common statement at all.

That’s what makes me suspicious about the approach you took @synergy.

I'm not Catholic but I think that Catholics believe that Mary has a share in our salvation. That's why it doesn't say the Savior, it says a savior. A Catholic can correct me or explain it better.

My wife’s side of the family is Catholic. The nuns in her family would rap your knuckles with a ruler for saying that’s why the phrase is “a savior”.

I don’t know why but you didn’t address why Protestant Bibles use the same phrase.

My wife’s side of the family is Catholic. The nuns in her family would rap your knuckles with a ruler for saying that’s why the phrase is “a savior”.

I don’t know why but you didn’t address why Protestant Bibles use the same phrase.
Let them explain what they believe about Mary.

Let them explain what they believe about Mary.

If there were any here I’m sure that they would.

The fact that the phrase “a savior” occurs in Protestant Bibles casts more than a shadow of a doubt about your thought on why the text says “a savior” rather than “the savior”.

Thanks. It always has been. As I said, I didn’t and don’t want us to get sidetracked over that.
Ok. My conclusion remains that your Messianic Judaic Jesus is strikingly similar to the Muslim Jesus. Their only major difference is that one undertook the Cross and the other didn't.

Ok. My conclusion remains that your Messianic Judaic Jesus is strikingly similar to the Muslim Jesus. Their only major difference is that one undertook the Cross and the other didn't.

Thanks. As I told someone else on the forum recently, I want to know what people believe and why they believe it. You’ve met my want.

If there were any here I’m sure that they would.

The fact that the phrase “a savior” occurs in Protestant Bibles casts more than a shadow of a doubt about your thought on why the text says “a savior” rather than “the savior”.
I have to look into how the sentence is structured in the Greek. I'll tell you if I get any insights that way.

Hello @civic & Co.,

The terms Unitarian and Trinitarian, as with all other terminology used within Christendom to define those holding different interpretations of Biblical doctrine, must jar discordantly in the ears of God, and be a cause of grief to Him, I feel: when they are used as weapons, and terms of abuse between fellow Believers, whose only obligation before God, in regard to each other, is to love one another.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

'... God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, ...'
(2Cor 5:19)

Hello there,

Reading through the verses referring to worship in response to an entry by @Fred, I noticed how many referred to those who knelt before the Lord, or prostrated themselves before Him in worship, following a miraculous healing, or in anticipation of it. Our Lord Himself, said, that the words that He spoke and the works that were performed at His hand, were the words and works of the Father Himself, working through Him, He never claimed either were His own. So the worship is God's.

Praise His Holy Name!

:)

Peter & Pau referred to God asl:-
'Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings
in heavenly places in Christ:'

(Eph. 1:3)

which according to His abundant mercy
hath begotten us again unto a lively hope
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,'

(1Pet.1:3)

Hello again, :)

Paul prayed to, ' ... the God of our Lord Jesus Christ ... ', and ... 'the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ .... ' in Ephesians 1:17 and 3:14. This is surely where our own prayers should be directed in Jesus name. The Lord Jesus Christ is now our Mediator, and our Advocate before the Father (1 John 2:1 & 1 Tim. 2:5), at God's right hand. The Holy Spirit fulfilling the role of Intercessor for us here on earth (Rom. 8:27).

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Peter & Pau referred to God asl:-
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings
in heavenly places in Christ:'

(Eph. 1:3)

which according to His abundant mercy
hath begotten us again unto a lively hope
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,'

(1Pet.1:3)

Hello again, :)

Paul prayed to, ' ... the God of our Lord Jesus Christ ... ', and ... 'the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ .... ' in Ephesians 1:17 and 3:14. This is surely where our own prayers should be directed in Jesus name. The Lord Jesus Christ is now our Mediator, and our Advocate before the Father (1 John 2:1 & 1 Tim. 2:5), at God's right hand. The Holy Spirit fulfilling the role of Intercessor for us here on earth (Rom. 8:27).

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Paul also prayed to Jesus (Acts 22:16).
Peter did as well (2 Peter 3:18).

Hello @Fred.

Forgive me, but these references are not prayers as such are they?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Prayer to Jesus

John 14:14
"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Acts 1:24-26
And they prayed and said, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen 25to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place." 26And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell to Matthias; and he was added to the eleven apostles

Acts 7:55-60
But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. 58When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:22
"Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you

1 Corinthians 1:1-2

Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

2 Cor 12:8-10
Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 1:1-8
James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.
2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,8being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

Prayer to Jesus

John 14:14
"If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

Acts 1:24-26
And they prayed and said, "You, Lord, who know the hearts of all men, show which one of these two You have chosen 25to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place." 26And they drew lots for them, and the lot fell to Matthias; and he was added to the eleven apostles

Acts 7:55-60
But being full of the Holy Spirit, he gazed intently into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; 56and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened up and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 57But they cried out with a loud voice, and covered their ears and rushed at him with one impulse. 58When they had driven him out of the city, they began stoning him; and the witnesses laid aside their robes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!" 60Then falling on his knees, he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them!" Having said this, he fell asleep.

Acts 8:22
"Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you

1 Corinthians 1:1-2

Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,
2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

2 Cor 12:8-10
Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

James 1:1-8
James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.
2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,8being a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

1 John 5:14-15
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.
Hello @civic,

Thank you for your input. :)

'And whatsoever ye shall ask in My name, that will I do,
that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it.
(Joh 14:13-14)​

* When I look at this, @civic, I consider that the request being made is to the Father, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

'And they prayed, and said,
Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men,
shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,'
(Act 1:24)​

* This is a prayer to God, the word, 'Lord' (Gr. Kurios), in this instance, is used of God.

'And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God,
and saying, "Lord
(Kurios) Jesus, receive my spirit."
And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice,
"Lord,
(Gr. Kurios) lay not this sin to their charge."
And when he had said this, he fell asleep.'
(Act 7:59-60)​

* Stephen saw the risen Christ standing on the right hand of God, and said, 'Lord Jesus, receive my spirit' and, 'Lord, lay not this sin to their charge'.

'Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God,
if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.'
(Act 8:22)​

* In the KJV it is 'pray God' (as you can see).

'Unto the church of God which is at Corinth,
to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus,
called to be saints, with all that in every place
call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,
both theirs and ours:'
(1Cor. 1:2)​

* The words, 'call upon', is the same as, 'appeal unto Caesar,'(or 'invoke' ) in Acts 25:11.

'For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:
for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,
in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake:
for when I am weak, then am I strong.'
(2Cor 12:8-10)​

* All I can say to this, @civic, is, 'Praise God!'

'My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God,
that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.
For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
(Jas 1:2-8)​

* This is a prayer to God.
'If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater:
for this is the witness of God which He hath testified of His Son.
He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:
he that believeth not God hath made Him a liar;
because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son.
And this is the record,
that God hath given to us eternal life,
and this life is in His Son.
He that hath the Son hath life;
and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;
that ye may know that ye have eternal life,
and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
And this is the confidence that we have in Him,
that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us:
And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask,
we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.'
(1 John 5:9-15)​

* Thank you for these references, @civic, they have been a blessing.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The NT calls Christ our One Lord, our Only Lord, Only Sovereign. In the above references Lord refers to Christ lust like in my new thread about Jude where Lord is distinguished from the Father. @Complete

hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom