Worshipping The Son

It just means falling prostrate.

You can do that for many reasons, most involve respect, pleading, gratitude.

But certainly to argue it means ascribing all worth and glory and power and honor to the person you fall to is.... well, honestly, pretty ridiculous.

Worship of others besides God himself doesn’t ascribe all worth and glory and power and honor to those persons. It does, however, ascribe some measure of worth and glory and power and honor to them.

We have an example of worship in Rev 19:10 that clearly establish the actions of a worshipper.

Rev 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
'And I fell at his feet to worship him.
And he said unto me, See thou do it not:
I am thy fellow-servant, and of thy brethren
that have the testimony of Jesus:
worship God:
for the testimony of Jesus
is the spirit of prophecy.'

(Rev 19:10)

Hello @paise_yeshua,

John's words in Revelation 19:10, (that you quote), spoken by the angel, Whom the risen had Lord sent, to bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, brought to my mind the words of the risen Christ, ministered through the Apostle Paul to the believers at Colosse, below:-

'Let no man beguile you of your reward
in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels,
intruding into those things which he hath not seen,
vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,'

(Col 2:18)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

once again no cigar. its extra biblical mumbo jumbo.

Didn’t I tell you it was bizarre?

That’s what Origen’s “helpful suggestion” does to the mind.

Eternal generation of the Son is “extra biblical mumbo jumbo.”

While we’re on the subject of extra biblical, so is ousia. No one living in biblical times ever used the term is speaking about God.

'And saith unto Him,
All these things will I give thee,
if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Then saith Jesus unto him,
Get thee hence, Satan:
for it is written,
Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
and Him only shalt thou serve.'

(Mat 4:9-10)

Hello again, @praise_yeshua,

All discussion regarding worship is covered by these words of our Lord, coupled with those spoken in John 4 :-

'But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father
in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.
God is a Spirit:
and they that worship Him
must worship Him in spirit and in truth.'

(Joh 4:23-24)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

All discussion regarding worship is covered by these words of our Lord, coupled with those spoken in John 4 :-

'But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father
in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.
God is a Spirit:
and they that worship Him
must worship Him in spirit and in truth.'

(Joh 4:23-24)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The same Greek word for worship used in John 4:23 is properly rendered unto the Lord Jesus (John 9:38) and in equality with the Father (Revelation 5:13-14).
Furthermore, it is rendered unto Jesus when He was not in their physical presence (Luke 24:51-52).

I’ve never met King Charles and he isn’t my monarch. If he were my monarch then of course I would worship him.

Are you British Citizen? Who is your monarch?

The saints will reign as kings with Messiah in the coming kingdom of God. The people being reigned over will worship their kings.

Worship is so much broader than you are presently able to acknowledge.

Not so. Worship requires adoration. You can bow the knee because you have not choice. Once presented a choice, you would kill your monarch. Which is what the Jews did Christ. They sought to murder the heir of Abraham. Study the parable of the "Wicked Husbandmen"

No one is going to ADORE you. I do believe people like yourself do seek such.

As you mentioned Eschatology....

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

You have those who "BOWED THE KNEE".... yet at the end of the thousands years.... these same people will rebel against Jesus Christ. So much for true "WORSHIP"

Have you ever heard of "vain worship"? You maybe doing it yourself.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

I'm willing to "bet" that this represents your "brand" of worship.

Are you British Citizen?

No.

Who is your monarch?

Jesus of Nazareth.

Not so. Worship requires adoration. You can bow the knee because you have not choice. Once presented a choice, you would kill your monarch. Which is what the Jews did Christ. They sought to murder the heir of Abraham. Study the parable of the "Wicked Husbandmen"

No one is going to ADORE you. I do believe people like yourself do seek such.

All who reign with the Messiah will be worshipped.

As you mentioned Eschatology....

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

You have those who "BOWED THE KNEE".... yet at the end of the thousands years.... these same people will rebel against Jesus Christ. So much for true "WORSHIP"

Not all of them.

Have you ever heard of "vain worship"? You maybe doing it yourself.

You worship a deity that the Messiah doesn’t. That’s vain worship in the extreme. Scripture calls it idolatry.

Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

I'm willing to "bet" that this represents your "brand" of worship.

You’ll lose your shirt if you do.

Surprising.

Jesus of Nazareth.

Do you agree with Nathanael?

Joh 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

It is my experience that those refer to Jesus Christ with such a distinct do not give Jesus Christ His rightful rank above all things. You have that in common with those that reference Jesus Christ in such a manner.

All who reign with the Messiah will be worshipped.

You can keep dreaming. Not going to happen. You're not going to be some "god" on some planet somewhere countless women in your harem. Are you Mormon?

Not all of them.

Sure. Not all of them but a majority of them. They never truly worshipped Jesus Christ.

You worship a deity that the Messiah doesn’t. That’s vain worship in the extreme. Scripture calls it idolatry.

I adore Jesus Christ. I worship Jesus Christ. I find NO fault in Him whatsoever. You're never going to obtain His rank. You're just the other Unitarians when it comes to you this. You try to make yourself equal to Jesus Christ. You're not.

You’ll lose your shirt if you do.

You're not any different than another other Unitarians. You're just fabricated more nonsense to try and avoid the fact that you're vainly worshipping Jesus Christ by teaching the commandments of men.

Didn’t I tell you it was bizarre?

That’s what Origen’s “helpful suggestion” does to the mind.

Eternal generation of the Son is “extra biblical mumbo jumbo.”

While we’re on the subject of extra biblical, so is ousia. No one living in biblical times ever used the term is speaking about God.

Good thing Origen isn't an authority on the subject. I could care less what he had to say about it. No one here has taken his position. Apparently you enjoy arguing with dead men.

BTW the way. Do you want to dedicate a thread on your claims concerning "ousia"?

Absolutely not, that's disgusting!!!

17 The loftiness of man shall be bowed down,
And the haughtiness of men shall be brought low;
The LORD alone will be exalted in that day,
18 But the idols He shall utterly abolish. (Isa. 2:17-18 NKJ)

I've known several over the years that held that position. I actually heard a man once say that he hoped that God made him THE ruler of the town he lived in at the time during the millenial reign.

It is sad how ego gets in the way of truly bowing the knee to Jesus Christ.

Surprising.

Kentucky isn’t located in Britain.

Do you agree with Nathanael?

Joh 1:46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.

Yes.

It is my experience that those refer to Jesus Christ with such a distinct do not give Jesus Christ His rightful rank above all things. You have that in common with those that reference Jesus Christ in such a manner.

Jesus is above all things except his God, the Father.

You can keep dreaming. Not going to happen. You're not going to be some "god" on some planet somewhere countless women in your harem. Are you Mormon?

I’m a Jewish monotheist. Jewish monotheists aren’t Mormons.

Sure. Not all of them but a majority of them. They never truly worshipped Jesus Christ.

Agreed.

I adore Jesus Christ. I worship Jesus Christ. I find NO fault in Him whatsoever. You're never going to obtain His rank. You're just the other Unitarians when it comes to you this. You try to make yourself equal to Jesus Christ. You're not.

I don’t aspire to achieve his rank.

You're not any different than another other Unitarians.

You know that’s not true.

You're just fabricated more nonsense to try and avoid the fact that you're vainly worshipping Jesus Christ by teaching the commandments of men.

You’re bearing false witness.

Christ is given the identical honor , praise , glory and worship in heaven as the Father in Revelation 5. So the Unitarians that would be in heaven would be committing idolatry by their own standards they had on earth. It’s only Trinitarians who give the identical honor here on earth and in heaven.

Last edited:
Absolutely not, that's disgusting!!!

17 The loftiness of man shall be bowed down,
And the haughtiness of men shall be brought low;
The LORD alone will be exalted in that day,

18 But the idols He shall utterly abolish. (Isa. 2:17-18 NKJ)

I hope you’ll be there to witness it. More than that, I hope you won’t be on the wrong side of it if you are.

I've known several over the years that held that position. I actually heard a man once say that he hoped that God made him THE ruler of the town he lived in at the time during the millenial reign.

It is sad how ego gets in the way of truly bowing the knee to Jesus Christ.

Whoever the man was that you heard say that had, himself, heard and believed Jesus’ teaching. Do as that man did. Listen to and believe Jesus.

Christ is given the identical honor , praise , glory and worship in heaven as the Father in Revelation 5. So the Unitarians that would be in heaven would be committing idolatry by their own standards they had on earth. It’s only Trinitarians who give the identical honor here in earth and in heaven.

Charles Spurgeon: Depend upon it, my hearer, you never will go to heaven unless you are prepared to worship Jesus Christ as God. They are all doing it there: you will have to come to it, and if you entertain the notion that he is a mere man, or that he is anything less than God, I am afraid you will have to begin at the beginning and learn what true religion means. You have a poor foundation to rest upon.
http://www.thedailyspurgeon.com/2012/01/true-god-from-true-god.html

Kentucky isn’t located in Britain.

You appealed to a Cambridge definition. It is odd to me that an American Citizen wouldn't know what British English can be significantly different than American English.

I believe you made a mistake. I will wait for you to acknowledge it. Nathan said "can anything good come out of Nazareth". Nathan was skeptical. I hope you're not actually skeptical of the goodness of Jesus Christ.

Christ is given the identical honor , praise , glory and worship in heaven as the Father in Revelation 5. So the Unitarians that would be in heaven would be committing idolatry by their own standards they had on earth. It’s only Trinitarians who give the identical honor here in earth and in heaven.

There are numerous problems with your position.For now, let’s focus on one: some unitarians give the identical honor etc. to Jesus that you’re speaking about. It’s incorrect to put all unitarians in the same category. I know from conversations with you that you know that there is diversity in unitarianism - unitarians don’t all believe the same about God.

Back
Top Bottom