Worshipping The Son

Origen’s work which contains it is extant.

That doesn't establish that he is the first to use the word. I'm going to stop right here and demand you acknowledge this very simple fact. You're conflating many things when I'm dealing with pieces of the the argument. If your pieces are not ALL true, then you have a marred construct.

That doesn't establish that he is the first to use the word. I'm going to stop right here and demand you acknowledge this very simple fact. You're conflating many things when I'm dealing with pieces of the the argument. If your pieces are not ALL true, then you have a marred construct.

Demand whatever you want. You‘ve thrown away Origen. That’s not a wise thing to do.

They wouldn’t be able to convince a person like you, nor would they expend any time attempting to.

Using the arguments you're using, you're correct. They wouldn't.

Appealing to a man living in the 3rd century's use of a late compound Greek word doesn't equal anything. You have to do better than this....

I can put two words together. How about untenablegobbledygook? Maybe I can start a trend then "back date" its application to the first century.

Origen did much more than that, as I’ll show, in coming up with the doctrine of the Trinity. If you were well-schooled in church history and post-biblical doctrinal development you would know that.

You don't think I don't know the history? Origen was not a "AUTHORITY" on the subject. I've never used a single word from him to establish the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Quote me. You can't. You're arguing with me over something that is meaningless to the subject at hand and you don't even know it.

Using the arguments you're using, you're correct. They wouldn't.

Appealing to a man living in the 3rd century's use of a late compound Greek word doesn't equal anything. You have to do better than this....

I can put two words together. How about untenablegobbledygook? Maybe I can start a trend then "back date" its application to the first century.

Once again it falls on the shoulders of a Jewish monotheist to do what trinitarians should do but seldom do.

You don't think I don't know the history? Origen was not a "AUTHORITY" on the subject. I've never used a single word from him to establish the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Quote me. You can't. You're arguing with me over something that is meaningless to the subject at hand and you don't even know it.

You know church history? What, then, was Origen’s helpful suggestion?

Who’s there?

So your answer is the Son is less than His Father?

There is a reason I asked you about rank. You don't know the argument. You're following professors that didn't teach you about it... :)

Listen, this has been fun but I'm not going to keep doing this. I really have better things to do than to argue over a liar from the 3rd century. Just put me in the Sola Scriptura category and deal with me from the Scriptures. I'll listen.

Back
Top Bottom