Why was it necessary for Christ to hide truth in a parable

Read the text

YOU read the text, and stop being a mindless parrot.

PLEASE.

For once.

Compare this statement here:

"The sun came out, and shone it's bright heat, so that the wax might melt and the clay might harden."

Is the sun deliberately wanting and forcing the results, or are they an inevitable consequence of them?

The real irony of this is all, is that you actually are taking the Calvinist position that Christ himself is actively hindering people from coming to him.

But he did not hide the truth from everyone so they would not believe

Christ didn't hide the truth from ANYONE deliberately.

That's not what a LOVING GOD does.

He desires ALL MEN TO COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

Please drop your Calvinist assumptions about what this passage means.

But he did not hide the truth from everyone so they would not believe

And Calvinist theology says there could not have believed unless they were regenerated first

Hiding truth would be unnecessary if Calvinism is true

It's as plain as day

It's not Calvinist theology. It's right there in the Bible, and it will remain there no matter how many times I quote it.

John 6:65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

And, yes, what he's saying about parables is that God chooses on whom to have mercy and whom He will harden. That's monergism. You may not like it, but God doesn't give a rat's bahootie what you like and do not like. Don't have faith in your opinion. Have faith that God is God and does whatever He will with His creation. Respect that and that's how you trust God with everything.

Christ didn't hide the truth from ANYONE deliberately.

That's not what a LOVING GOD does.

He desires ALL MEN TO COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.

Please drop your Calvinist assumptions about what this passage means.

Who are YOU to say what a loving God does? Nobody, that's who.

to all,
the parable of the Sower is critical in understanding to the disciple. what did the parable mean to the Disciples.
A. don't sow your seed on top of the ground, and just let it sit out in the OPEN, for any and everyone to come along with a wind of Doctrine to take away the word of God. IT MUST BE GROUNDE AND ROOTED. one must PREPARE the Ground/hears as well as him, or herself for the word of God a prepared minister of God, is to 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:16 "But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness." for if you're not a prepared minister of God, the evil one will take away the word of God.

B. Never sow on stony Ground, a good Sower always remove the stone and rock which hinder Growth. the removal of the stones is bible base facts. as a preacher once said, "Don't make it up..... Look it up". 2 Timothy 4:2 "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."

C. always weed out before you sow. KNOW the Word of God for Little Leven ...... false doctrine will HINDER, and even might choke you out. Galatians 5:5 "For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith." Galatians 5:6 "For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." Galatians 5:7 "Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?" Galatians 5:8 "This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you." Galatians 5:9 "A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump." Galatians 5:10 "I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be." Galatians 5:11 "And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased." Galatians 5:12 "I would they were even cut off which trouble you."

D. a good Sower sows his seed ,IN. IN, IN the PERPARED HEART of the believer. Rooted and Grounded in Christ Jesus. for there is no other foundation, except the Lord Jesus. Ephesians 3:17 "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love," Ephesians 3:18 "May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;"

101G.

Text

Mark 4:10–12 (ESV) — 10 And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. 11 And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables, 12 so that “ ‘they may indeed see but not perceive, and may indeed hear but not understand, lest they should turn and be forgiven.’ ”
and you still not comprehending?

101G.

Do you speak to a dead man with a parable?

Calvinists believe Christ did

it makes no sense
the word of God is what bring DEAD MEN ALIVE.

Isaiah 42:7 "To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

Luke 1:78 "Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us," Luke 1:79 "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

101G.

Who are YOU to say what a loving God does? Nobody, that's who.

You are mixing categories here.

God created logic and reason.

I could say who are YOU to think clearly and write within grammatical laws?

Why don't you write gibberish like God intended?

No, God does give us reason to understand some things, and he tells us what love is.

So if a theology like Calvinist violates God's own definition of love, we can know it is wrong.

And that is not "resisting" or "talking back" to God, using his own Word he gave us.

Jesus did. Why? So that they remained dead.
Sorry but that's got to be (on this subject) about the most bizarre thing I've ever read. So he spoke to them so that they'd remain dead? Which proves what? It would have to prove which REALLY goes against your paradigm that man does indeed have the capacity to come to God without irresistible grace!

I mean if he has to do something for them to remain dead the Calvinistic Total Depravity is a farce!

the word of God is what bring DEAD MEN ALIVE.

Isaiah 42:7 "To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

Luke 1:78 "Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us," Luke 1:79 "To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace."

101G.
And ?

How are you addressing the fact jesus hid truth to prevent unregenerate men from believing?

And ?

How are you addressing the fact jesus hid truth to prevent unregenerate men from believing?

What an evil Jesus you have.

Please repent.

who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:4 NKJ)

It's not Calvinist theology. It's right there in the Bible, and it will remain there no matter how many times I quote it.

John 6:65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

And, yes, what he's saying about parables is that God chooses on whom to have mercy and whom He will harden. That's monergism. You may not like it, but God doesn't give a rat's bahootie what you like and do not like. Don't have faith in your opinion. Have faith that God is God and does whatever He will with His creation. Respect that and that's how you trust God with everything.
So what? Everyone holds revelation is needed to enable faith

Please address the argument of the op instead of running elsewhere

God had mercy upon those with faith and hardened those without it

That is not teaching Calvinism

and this denies unconditional election and reprobation

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900) — 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Romans 10:18–21 (KJV 1900) — 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.
Romans 11:20–23 (KJV 1900) — 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

And ?

he did not, listen, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men." John 1:5 "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."
You are not addressing the question of the op.
101G has Over and Over.

LISTEN ONE MORE TIME, Luke 8:16 "No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light." Luke 8:17 "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad." Luke 8:18 "Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have."

101G suggest you read your commentary on these scriptures.

101G.

You are mixing categories here.

God created logic and reason.

I could say who are YOU to think clearly and write within grammatical laws?

Why don't you write gibberish like God intended?

No, God does give us reason to understand some things, and he tells us what love is.

So if a theology like Calvinist violates God's own definition of love, we can know it is wrong.

And that is not "resisting" or "talking back" to God, using his own Word he gave us.

I think this scene from Nefarious is something you should watch.

What an evil Jesus you have.

Please repent.

who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:4 NKJ)
Get a grip and read

Mark 4:10–12 (KJV 1900) — 10 And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

Luke 8:9–10 (KJV 1900) — 9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be? 10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

he had a crucifixion to accomplish. It was not until after the resurrection he commissioned the gospel to go unto all nations

You must be an old man with a mean temper and have something against "Flowers" @civic's favorite.

You must be an accuser of the brethren who loves ad hominems and assuming the worst motives about people, instead of actually looking at their arguments.

Please repent.

What I said stands.

Back
Top Bottom