Why was it necessary for Christ to hide truth in a parable

The Word Of Truth
by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

In Eph. 1:13 the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and believing “the Word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.” This declaration is substantiated by many other passages of Scripture. Our Lord said: “He that heareth… and believeth… hath everlasting life” (John 5:24). This at a time when sacrifices and baptism were still required for the remission of sins. Even then men had to hear and believe to be saved, for “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Rom. 10:17).

Now, however, salvation is received by hearing and believing alone. Works for salvation are not merely unnecessary; they are forbidden. Today salvation is “to him that worketh not, but believeth” (Rom. 4:5). “For by grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:8,9).

God has changed His dealings with men from time to time down through the ages, teaching one lesson at a time. This is why it is so important to note the dispensational distinctions in Scripture, “rightly dividing the Word of truth.”

Once the works of the Law were required for salvation: “But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested” (Rom. 3:21) and men are saved solely by faith in Christ, “being justified freely by [God’s] grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 3:24). We are saved, then, as we hear and believe what Paul calls, “the Word of truth, the gospel of your salvation” (Eph. 1:13), and we are established in the faith as we obey II Tim. 2:15: “rightly dividing the Word of truth.”
he is a dutch reformed calvinist like I was for many decades.

The Word Of Truth
by Pastor Cornelius R. Stam

In Eph. 1:13 the Apostle Paul declares that men are saved and sealed by hearing and believing “the Word of truth, the gospel of your salvation.” This declaration is substantiated by many other passages of Scripture. Our Lord said: “He that heareth… and believeth… hath everlasting life” (John 5:24). This at a time when sacrifices and baptism were still required for the remission of sins. Even then men had to hear and believe to be saved, for “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God” (Rom. 10:17).

Now, however, salvation is received by hearing and believing alone. Works for salvation are not merely unnecessary; they are forbidden. Today salvation is “to him that worketh not, but believeth” (Rom. 4:5). “For by grace are ye saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast” (Eph. 2:8,9).

God has changed His dealings with men from time to time down through the ages, teaching one lesson at a time. This is why it is so important to note the dispensational distinctions in Scripture, “rightly dividing the Word of truth.”

Once the works of the Law were required for salvation: “But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested” (Rom. 3:21) and men are saved solely by faith in Christ, “being justified freely by [God’s] grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” (Rom. 3:24). We are saved, then, as we hear and believe what Paul calls, “the Word of truth, the gospel of your salvation” (Eph. 1:13), and we are established in the faith as we obey II Tim. 2:15: “rightly dividing the Word of truth.”
Relevancy to the op?

Arguing for dispensationalism?

two ways of salvation?

Mark 4:10–12 (NASB 2020) — 10 As soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve disciples, began asking Him about the parables. 11 And He was saying to them, “To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but for those who are outside, everything comes in parables, 12 so that WHILE SEEING THEY MAY SEE, AND NOT PERCEIVE, AND WHILE HEARING, THEY MAY HEAR, AND NOT UNDERSTAND, OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT RETURN AND IT WOULD BE FORGIVEN THEM.”

Why if man is born with no ability to receive biblical truth is Christ hiding the truth in a parable?

How is it that this is to prevent a circumstance in which they might otherwise return (repent) and be forgiven?
This is why we have four gospels. our Lord Gives us the answer in where our brother Matthew records the answer.

Matthew 13:11 "He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." (WHY?). Matthew 13:12 "For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matthew 13:13 "Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Matthew 13:14 "And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:" Matthew 13:15 "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matthew 13:16 "But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matthew 13:17 "For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them."

101G.

This is why we have four gospels. our Lord Gives us the answer in where our brother Matthew records the answer.

Matthew 13:11 "He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." (WHY?). Matthew 13:12 "For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath." Matthew 13:13 "Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand." Matthew 13:14 "And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:" Matthew 13:15 "For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them." Matthew 13:16 "But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." Matthew 13:17 "For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them."

101G.
The question is why is it necessary to hide truth from people who have no capability to believe truth.

The question is addressed to Calvinists who hold man is dead with no capacity to believe truth

It is understood Jesus is hiding truth.

Who is a Dutch reformed Calvinist? Stam??!!
Yes I read his bio on the website.

see below

Pastor Stam was born into a Dutch family. In 1977 when Carol and I were living in Minnesota, we were pleased to meet Peter Stam, one of his brothers. Peter was a member of a Christian Reformed Church, a denomination theologically Calvinistic and Dutch in origin. Another brother had been a missionary to China with the China Inland Mission. John and Betty Stam were murdered by Chinese communists in 1934 during the Chinese Civil War.

Relevancy to the op?

Arguing for dispensationalism?

two ways of salvation?
You are relatively new here-but who are you to judge and condemn another man-you are a Christian, aren't you?

Yes-Grace Ambassadors and Berean Bible Society I listen and learn a ton from-dispentational speaking-relevant to your OP=are you Arminian or Pelagian-or somewhere in the middle? Not really sure what you are?

Or just here to philosophize?

Now if you don't have anything edifying to discuss-go with your little group-birds of a feather flock together-and leave me alone as I am listening to anointed preaching and teaching at the moment.

A hearty Shalom Achi all the way from SA.

Yes I read his bio on the website.

see below

Pastor Stam was born into a Dutch family. In 1977 when Carol and I were living in Minnesota, we were pleased to meet Peter Stam, one of his brothers. Peter was a member of a Christian Reformed Church, a denomination theologically Calvinistic and Dutch in origin. Another brother had been a missionary to China with the China Inland Mission. John and Betty Stam were murdered by Chinese communists in 1934 during the Chinese Civil War.

Well-he is no more a Dutch Reformed Calvinist-sorry to inform you- as I receive e mails from them. And even if he and the team is-I still learn a ton from them.

Well-he is no more a Dutch Reformed Calvinist-sorry to inform you- as I receive e mails from them. And even if he and the team is-I still learn a ton from them.
He never left calvinism as his best friend said in the bio. Well now that he is dead for sure he is no longer a calvinist but when he was alive and well on planet earth he was a staunch calvinist. :)

He never left calvinism as his best friend said in the bio. Well now that he is dead for sure he is no longer a calvinist but when he was alive and well on planet earth he was a staunch calvinist. :)
Seems you are not aware what the current Berean Bible Society is teaching-yes? Nor Utley, nor Grace Ambassadors-.

Seems you are not aware what the current Berean Bible Society is teaching-yes? Nor Utley, nor Grace Ambassadors-.
Seems you are not aware stam pastored this reformed church.

Preakness Community Church located in Preakness, New Jersey.

The question is why is it necessary to hide truth from people who have no capability to believe truth.

The question is addressed to Calvinists who hold man is dead with no capacity to believe truth

It is understood Jesus is hiding truth.
the Lord Jesus did not hide any truths but it was their understanding of his speech they could not grasp. listen, John 8:43 "Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word." STOP, was all deaf? no, they hear, but did not understand. here is a principle. "a truth can be spoken, but because it is not the right time for the hear to understand.". see one can speak a scriptural truth, but it may not be perceived/or understood correctly, at that time. and with this a soul could be damage or lost because of the TRUTH... "AT THAT TIME".

one can be scripturally correct, but Spiritually in ERROR. an elder mother told me that a long time ago. she put it this way, "sometimes one has to give up the right for the wrong.". at that time I did not understand what she meant until many years later. sometime a teaching can for some be before the hears needs. this is why one must go to the hear level of speech.

101G.

Last edited:

The Influential Writings of C. R. Stam
by Pastor Joe Watkins

(Pastor Joe Watkins is the Executive Director of Things to Come Mission.)

Cornelius R. Stam went to be with the Lord on March 9, 2003. Perhaps the greatest contribution Pastor Stam made to the church and missions was through his prolific writing ministry. During his 70 year ministry, he authored more than 30 books on numerous biblical subjects.

The ministry of Things to Come Mission, in several countries of the world, was started when nationals were sent Pastor Stam’s books. The ministry in the Philippines was started when Brother J. H. Palmer sent Pastor Stam’s books and pamphlets to Brother Juan Undag. Juan and others in the Philippines became convinced that what they read in Pastor Stam’s books was the truth for today. That truth was the key to understanding the Bible. The truth of II Timothy 2:15—rightly dividing the Word of Truth. This group of Filipino believers and pastors wrote to Brother Palmer asking him to send a missionary to the Philippines to start Things to Come Mission and teach this truth.

In January 1958, Brother Vernon Anderson and family arrived in the Philippines to begin Things to Come Mission. My wife and I joined them in October 1958. Over the years many other missionaries followed.

Today there are over 500 national churches, 5 Bible Institutes (Pastor Stam’s books are used as textbooks), hundreds of trained pastors and Bible women, plus Filipino missionaries serving in Kenya, Brazil, Indonesia, the Philippines and South Africa.

Things to Come Mission has given thousands of Pastor Stam’s books to national pastors and leaders in Kenya, the Philippines, Brazil (translated booklets), Indonesia, Australia and other countries of the world. And we will continue to send these works out as the Lord provides. TCM has greatly benefited by the writings of Pastor Stam.

This article was taken from the International Harvest, the official newsletter of Things to Come Mission. If you would like more information about Things to Come Mission, please write: Pastor Joe Watkins, 2200 English Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46201, or e-mail: [email protected]. You may also learn more about TCM at their website: www.tcmusa.org.

Cornelius Stam, Pastor
I have drawn from Cornelius Stam's Berean Bible Society's daily "Two Minutes with the Bible" short articles. These are freely emailed to all who sign up for it. Mr. Stam was a Pastor and the founder of the Berean Bible Society. He was a prolific writer proclaiming the Pauline "gospel of the grace of God" (Act 20:24) and the Word of Truth "rightly divided" (2Tim 2:15). Note: This is not to diminish Mr Stam's writings, for we highly regard his exegesis of the Scripture. - Mr. Stam uses the NIV, which in many cases radically conflicts with the KJV. - Since his articles were brief to fit the liitations of a newpaper column at the time they were written, several of his articles have been adapted to add detail for clarity, by Arthur J. Licursi. I highly recommend his many expository books explaining Bible truth "rightly divided."

How you are misrepresenting this man-

However-

Pastor Stam believed the Lord had called him to a ministry of “the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery” (Romans 16:25). To that ministry he was faithful throughout his life.
1705937471847.png

What a man! Hey?

Last edited:
@TomL
Maybe these verses can help one to better understand, 1 Corinthians 9:19 "For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more." 1 Corinthians 9:20 "And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;" 1 Corinthians 9:21 "To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law." 1 Corinthians 9:22 "To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." 1 Corinthians 9:23 "And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you."

101G.

The Influential Writings of C. R. Stam
by Pastor Joe Watkins

(Pastor Joe Watkins is the Executive Director of Things to Come Mission.)

Cornelius R. Stam went to be with the Lord on March 9, 2003. Perhaps the greatest contribution Pastor Stam made to the church and missions was through his prolific writing ministry. During his 70 year ministry, he authored more than 30 books on numerous biblical subjects.

The ministry of Things to Come Mission, in several countries of the world, was started when nationals were sent Pastor Stam’s books. The ministry in the Philippines was started when Brother J. H. Palmer sent Pastor Stam’s books and pamphlets to Brother Juan Undag. Juan and others in the Philippines became convinced that what they read in Pastor Stam’s books was the truth for today. That truth was the key to understanding the Bible. The truth of II Timothy 2:15—rightly dividing the Word of Truth. This group of Filipino believers and pastors wrote to Brother Palmer asking him to send a missionary to the Philippines to start Things to Come Mission and teach this truth.

In January 1958, Brother Vernon Anderson and family arrived in the Philippines to begin Things to Come Mission. My wife and I joined them in October 1958. Over the years many other missionaries followed.

Today there are over 500 national churches, 5 Bible Institutes (Pastor Stam’s books are used as textbooks), hundreds of trained pastors and Bible women, plus Filipino missionaries serving in Kenya, Brazil, Indonesia, the Philippines and South Africa.

Things to Come Mission has given thousands of Pastor Stam’s books to national pastors and leaders in Kenya, the Philippines, Brazil (translated booklets), Indonesia, Australia and other countries of the world. And we will continue to send these works out as the Lord provides. TCM has greatly benefited by the writings of Pastor Stam.

This article was taken from the International Harvest, the official newsletter of Things to Come Mission. If you would like more information about Things to Come Mission, please write: Pastor Joe Watkins, 2200 English Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46201, or e-mail: [email protected]. You may also learn more about TCM at their website: www.tcmusa.org.

Cornelius Stam, Pastor
I have drawn from Cornelius Stam's Berean Bible Society's daily "Two Minutes with the Bible" short articles. These are freely emailed to all who sign up for it. Mr. Stam was a Pastor and the founder of the Berean Bible Society. He was a prolific writer proclaiming the Pauline "gospel of the grace of God" (Act 20:24) and the Word of Truth "rightly divided" (2Tim 2:15). Note: This is not to diminish Mr Stam's writings, for we highly regard his exegesis of the Scripture. - Mr. Stam uses the NIV, which in many cases radically conflicts with the KJV. - Since his articles were brief to fit the liitations of a newpaper column at the time they were written, several of his articles have been adapted to add detail for clarity, by Arthur J. Licursi. I highly recommend his many expository books explaining Bible truth "rightly divided."

How you are misrepresenting this man-

However-

Pastor Stam believed the Lord had called him to a ministry of “the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery” (Romans 16:25). To that ministry he was faithful throughout his life.
View attachment 486

What a man! Hey?
Did he pastor this church ? Yes or no

Pastor Stam’s first pastorate was in Preakness, New Jersey, and it was there that The Berean Searchlight magazine began as an outgrowth of a small church bulletin containing a brief weekly Bible lesson by Pastor Stam

hope this helps !!! :)

Did he pastor this church ? Yes or no

You have the wrong godly man in your cross hairs=

When did the Berean Bible Society actually have its beginning? Interestingly, it began in a two-room school house in Preakness (now Wayne), New Jersey. Here a group of believers began to see the importance of understanding the “the mystery” revealed to Paul, and the urgency of proclaiming the unadulterated “gospel of the grace of God”. It was Pastor C. R. Stam’s first pastorate: the Preakness Community Church.

Last edited:
You have the wrong godly man in your cross hairs=

When did the Berean Bible Society actually have its beginning? Interestingly, it began in a two-room school house in Preakness (now Wayne), New Jersey. Here a group of believers began to see the importance of understanding the “the mystery” revealed to Paul, and the urgency of proclaiming the unadulterated “gospel of the grace of God”. It was Pastor C. R. Stam’s first pastorate: the Preakness Community Church.
Which is a reformed Dutch Calvinist church so thanks for proving my point. Only a Calvinist can pastor a Dutch reformed church :)

Back
Top Bottom