Why was it necessary for Christ to hide truth in a parable

healing the sick is those sick/dead in sin. Hosea 14:4 "I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.""

This is obviously God saying He will do it personally.

I know the difference between physical healing, which is what Jesus told the disciples to do, and the healing that Jesus brings in salvation. They are not the same thing.
And I know context-God's chosen, Covenantal nation.

NASB (UPDATED) TEXT: HOSEA 14:4-7
4I will heal their apostasy,
I will love them freely,
For My anger has turned away from them.
5I will be like the dew to Israel;
He will blossom like the lily,
And he will take root like the cedars of Lebanon.
6His shoots will sprout,
And his beauty will be like the olive tree
And his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon.
7Those who live in his shadow
Will again raise grain,
And they will blossom like the vine.
His renown will be like the wine of Lebanon.

14:4 “I will heal their apostasy”

In verses 4-8 God speaks! The VERB (BDB 950, KB 1272) is a Qal IMPERFECT. Healing is an OT metaphor for forgiveness (cf. Hos. 5:13; 6:1; 7:1; 11:3; Ps. 103:3; Isa. 57:18; Jer. 3:22).

The term “apostasy” (BDB 1000) is literally “turning back” (cf. Hos. 11:7). It is used in Jeremiah for turning away from YHWH (cf. Jer. 2:19; 3:22; 5:6; 8:5; 14:7; Judah is called faithless in Jer. 3:6,8,11,14; also notice Jer. 7:24). If Israel “turns back” (i.e., repents) from sin (cf. Hos. 14:1) YHWH will “heal their turning back” (i.e., apostasy) tendencies! His anger has “turned away from them” (cf. Deut. 30:1-10). Notice the series of word plays on shub (BDB 996). See Special Topic: Apostasy (aphistçmi).

“I will love them freely”
This VERB (BDB 12, KB 17, Qal IMPERFECT) is parallel to heal in line 1. Grace (God's unchanging character), not merit (humans ever-changing heart and motives), is the key to the new covenant (cf. Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-38). However, an initial and ongoing response is demanded, not only repentance and faith (cf. Deut. 30; Mark 1:15; Acts 2:21), but also obedience (cf. Luke 6:46) and perseverance (cf. Rev. 2-3).

“My anger has turned away from them”

The term “anger” (BDB 60) is from “nose” or “face.” Anger can be seen in a red face and hard breathing. Here is an anthropomorphism for God's deep feelings.
There is a play on the word “turn back” or “return” (BDB 996) in this context:
1. return, Hos. 14:1
2. return to, Hos. 14:2
3. turn away, Hos. 14:4
4. also in Hos. 14:7
14:5 “the dew” Dew (literal here, not like 6:4; 13:3) is the only source of moisture in Israel between the two rainy periods and is crucial for crops to mature. Verses 5-7 describe the agricultural signs of God's blessings (cf. Deut. 27-28).
There is a series of JUSSIVES in Hos. 14:5-6:

1. “blossom,” Hos. 14:5 - BDB 827, KB 965, Qal IMPERFECT - JUSSIVE in meaning
2. “will stake its roots,” Hos. 14:5 (i.e., will take root) - BDB 645, KB 697, Qal JUSSIVE
3. “sprout” (lit. “go”), Hos. 14:6 - BDB 229, KB 246, Qal IMPERFECT - JUSSIVE in meaning
4. “will be” - BDB 224, KB 243, Qal JUSSIVE
▣ “Lebanon” This is the land north of Israel called Phoenicia, whose capital is Tyre. It was famous for its trees. In this context
1. trees, Hos. 14:5 (parallel to city)
2. trees, Hos. 14:6 (parallel to olive trees)
3. wine, Hos. 14:7 (parallel to vine)
In context, this may be a veiled reference to Ba'al, who Jezebel from Tyre, brought into Israel. The fertility of Lebanon was from YHWH, not Ba'al (cf. Hos. 14:8).

14:6-7 “olive tree. . .grain. . .vine” The three main crops of Palestine are olive oil, grains, and grapes. YHWH gave them this fertile land (e.g., Deut. 8:7-9; 11:9-12). These were from YHWH, not Ba'al! The restoration of God's people to the land flowing with milk and honey is described as agricultural abundance (cf. Amos 9:13-15), but in reality it is the intimacy of the interpersonal relationship that is the greatest joy of a restored and renewed people/family!
14:7 “Those who live in his shadow” The VERB (BDB 442, KB 444, Qal PERFECT) means to sit or to dwell. This is a metaphor of (1) God as a mother bird who protects her young under her wings (cf. Ps. 17:8; 36:7; 57:1; 63:7; Matt. 23:27) or (2) because of the agricultural context of Hos. 14:5-7 and 8, this probably refers to God as a provider of a fruitful tree (cf. Hos. 14:8; Ezek. 17:22-24). See Special Topic: Shadow As a Metaphor for Protection and Care.
It is YHWH, not Ba'al, who is the source of fertility and stability (cf. Hos. 14:8).

Utley-if you haven't heard of him.

And I know context-God's chosen, Covenantal nation.

NASB (UPDATED) TEXT: HOSEA 14:4-7
4I will heal their apostasy,
I will love them freely,
For My anger has turned away from them.
5I will be like the dew to Israel;
He will blossom like the lily,
And he will take root like the cedars of Lebanon.
6His shoots will sprout,
And his beauty will be like the olive tree
And his fragrance like the cedars of Lebanon.
7Those who live in his shadow
Will again raise grain,
And they will blossom like the vine.
His renown will be like the wine of Lebanon.

14:4 “I will heal their apostasy”

In verses 4-8 God speaks! The VERB (BDB 950, KB 1272) is a Qal IMPERFECT. Healing is an OT metaphor for forgiveness (cf. Hos. 5:13; 6:1; 7:1; 11:3; Ps. 103:3; Isa. 57:18; Jer. 3:22).

The term “apostasy” (BDB 1000) is literally “turning back” (cf. Hos. 11:7). It is used in Jeremiah for turning away from YHWH (cf. Jer. 2:19; 3:22; 5:6; 8:5; 14:7; Judah is called faithless in Jer. 3:6,8,11,14; also notice Jer. 7:24). If Israel “turns back” (i.e., repents) from sin (cf. Hos. 14:1) YHWH will “heal their turning back” (i.e., apostasy) tendencies! His anger has “turned away from them” (cf. Deut. 30:1-10). Notice the series of word plays on shub (BDB 996). See Special Topic: Apostasy (aphistçmi).

“I will love them freely”
This VERB (BDB 12, KB 17, Qal IMPERFECT) is parallel to heal in line 1. Grace (God's unchanging character), not merit (humans ever-changing heart and motives), is the key to the new covenant (cf. Jer. 31:31-34; Ezek. 36:22-38). However, an initial and ongoing response is demanded, not only repentance and faith (cf. Deut. 30; Mark 1:15; Acts 2:21), but also obedience (cf. Luke 6:46) and perseverance (cf. Rev. 2-3).

“My anger has turned away from them”

The term “anger” (BDB 60) is from “nose” or “face.” Anger can be seen in a red face and hard breathing. Here is an anthropomorphism for God's deep feelings.
There is a play on the word “turn back” or “return” (BDB 996) in this context:
1. return, Hos. 14:1
2. return to, Hos. 14:2
3. turn away, Hos. 14:4
4. also in Hos. 14:7
14:5 “the dew” Dew (literal here, not like 6:4; 13:3) is the only source of moisture in Israel between the two rainy periods and is crucial for crops to mature. Verses 5-7 describe the agricultural signs of God's blessings (cf. Deut. 27-28).
There is a series of JUSSIVES in Hos. 14:5-6:

1. “blossom,” Hos. 14:5 - BDB 827, KB 965, Qal IMPERFECT - JUSSIVE in meaning
2. “will stake its roots,” Hos. 14:5 (i.e., will take root) - BDB 645, KB 697, Qal JUSSIVE
3. “sprout” (lit. “go”), Hos. 14:6 - BDB 229, KB 246, Qal IMPERFECT - JUSSIVE in meaning
4. “will be” - BDB 224, KB 243, Qal JUSSIVE
▣ “Lebanon” This is the land north of Israel called Phoenicia, whose capital is Tyre. It was famous for its trees. In this context
1. trees, Hos. 14:5 (parallel to city)
2. trees, Hos. 14:6 (parallel to olive trees)
3. wine, Hos. 14:7 (parallel to vine)
In context, this may be a veiled reference to Ba'al, who Jezebel from Tyre, brought into Israel. The fertility of Lebanon was from YHWH, not Ba'al (cf. Hos. 14:8).

14:6-7 “olive tree. . .grain. . .vine” The three main crops of Palestine are olive oil, grains, and grapes. YHWH gave them this fertile land (e.g., Deut. 8:7-9; 11:9-12). These were from YHWH, not Ba'al! The restoration of God's people to the land flowing with milk and honey is described as agricultural abundance (cf. Amos 9:13-15), but in reality it is the intimacy of the interpersonal relationship that is the greatest joy of a restored and renewed people/family!
14:7 “Those who live in his shadow” The VERB (BDB 442, KB 444, Qal PERFECT) means to sit or to dwell. This is a metaphor of (1) God as a mother bird who protects her young under her wings (cf. Ps. 17:8; 36:7; 57:1; 63:7; Matt. 23:27) or (2) because of the agricultural context of Hos. 14:5-7 and 8, this probably refers to God as a provider of a fruitful tree (cf. Hos. 14:8; Ezek. 17:22-24). See Special Topic: Shadow As a Metaphor for Protection and Care.
It is YHWH, not Ba'al, who is the source of fertility and stability (cf. Hos. 14:8).

Utley-if you haven't heard of him.
I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Jesus command to His disciples in Matthew?

Except that you are denying the context. You don't get to decide that something that is clearly dealing with physical healing is not, simply because there is a passage that uses completely different terms that doesn't. That isn't how it works. It isn't even related. We don't save people, that is heal them spiritually. That is God's turf. Some plant the see, some water, but it is God who gives the increase. It is by Jesus stripes that we are healed, not by His disciples.

"101G cannot agree with that, Matthew 10:7 "And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 10:8 "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give."

Jesus is speaking to the disciples to do something.

healing the sick is those sick/dead in sin. Hosea 14:4 "I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.""

I know the difference between physical healing, which is what Jesus told the disciples to do, and the healing that Jesus brings in salvation. They are not the same thing.
apparently, U cannot Understand nor READ with KNOWLEDGE. not all sickness are of sin...... (the Physical Kind), but HERE in context it is speaking of sin. listen carefully, John 9:1 "And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth." John 9:2 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" John 9:3 "Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him."

now "healing" in CONTEXT. Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." HOW WAS THEY HEALED? 1 Corinthians 15:3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;" the definition of Heal: (of a person or treatment) cause (a wound, injury, or person) to become sound or healthy again. according to the scriptures, CAUSE? Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
another word for "bruised" is "injury". one can find this at, https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/bruise.html
strips is another word for "strike".... "how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"
scripture, Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."
another word for "pierced" is "strike"
H1856 דָּקַר daqar (daw-kar') v.
1. to stab.
2. (by analogy) to starve.
3. (figuratively) to revile.
[a primitive root]
KJV: pierce, strike (thrust) through, wound.

my God this is too easy not to comprehend.

101G.

Oh...I see.....you assert that without scripture.

The Father gave to Jesus those who listened to John and when they listened to John and obeyed the Father gave them to Christ. Still doesn't mean those who came through John that they didn't come of their own free will.
Divine enablement and free choice goes hand in glove--too many Imperatives to prove that. Yet it is all of God and none of self.

Do you have any actual scriptural references on this? Preferably Jesus saying that this is true, and not that it wasn't grated to them because of them. What did Jesus say about the disciples after they answered His question "And who do you say that I am?" You will find what you need in His response.
You will find what you need in understanding that in Mark 4 the masses didn't have to know right then that Jesus was the Son of God. They just needed to know he was an anointed empowered prophet of God and to put God's word FIRST in their lives and not worldly pursuits.

I assume that scripture you're taking me too is where it states flesh and blood hadn't revealed Jesus was the Christ but it came by revelation.....it was largely meant to be a secret for most of Jesus ministry thus he told them don't tell any man this , that is at that point in time. (see Mk 8:30)

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Jesus command to His disciples in Matthew?
Your post-

----------------------------------------------------------------

Are you stressing physical healing?

I do, and you can't. You would say believe His words, but deny His nature.

Just because you don't feel it means anything, that reflects on God how? Are you God's spokes person now? Does God need a reason or an excuse to get by you?

Ah, so you don't believe God can act as He wants. Understood.

So God isn't rational now? God can't do what He wants? You do realize that God sees far ahead in any situation, probably because He determined it. All things work out for good, to those who love him. I'm pretty sure you can point out a lot of horrible things that have happened to people who love God, however, if you look down the road, it really does work out for good. However, when you are short-sighted, you start calling everything that doesn't fit what you believe, not rational. Are you trying to say you understand God better than your fellow man? Have you read Job?

No, you implied it from what I said. I am telling you that it doesn't matter whether or not the truth was hidden, except that God decided to present the situation to us in that manner. Why do you believe God would be afraid that someone He doesn't want to save, might hear and choose to be saved? You seek to thwart God as though He doesn't know what is going to happen at any time, before it happens?

That is Jesus doctrine of total inability. Some have said that a certain verse in scripture was mistranlated, due to the similarity in words in Aramaic. Does that change the original meaning of the verse...simply mistranslating it? No. So shouldn't you consider what it means if one uses the alternate meaning? Here it is, with the alternate rendering. It is easier to thread a rope through the eye of a needle, then for the rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. The rope in question is the kind used in ancient times for boats and such. You know, about an inch or two in diameter, that holds the huge block and tackle on boats. Try putting that through the eye of a needle of that type that existed at the time. It isn't happening. Rope back then was made from camel hair, so the words are virtually identical. (I read that the words are the same, but I'm not sure anymore.) It is the original that was inspired, and the latter versions are copies. Carefully copied over, but still only copies. Yet if you talk to textual critics, the overall message presented by the Bible has not changed with copies. There are some places with errors, but they actually don't have any real impact on the Biblical context. The Bible has been miraculously preserved.

After Jesus said these words about the rich man, the disciples were astonished. Why? Because Jesus just said it is a little more difficult for that rich man to enter into heaven, or because He basically said it is impossible? His answer to that question tells us. "With man it is impossible..." FULL STOP. After this point, there is NOTHING about man anymore. What do we read next? "but with God, all things are/become possible" (depends on translation). Total inability without God, taught by Jesus Himself.
God is rational your theology however is not

You don't put a blindfold on a blind man

you do not hide truth from one who cannot hear

You do not posit a situation where one who cannot believe, believes

You just cannot deal with the facts and there are multiple examples

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would god blind someone who had no ability to see?

Luke notes had men not grown hardened they could have believed

Acts 28:27 (KJV 1900) — 27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

unregenerate men are shown to receive the word with joy

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

The adversary steals the word away so men will not believe

Luke 8:11–12 (KJV 1900) — 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Somewhat redundant if man has no capacity to believe

To the contrary however many verses indicate he can believe

John 1:6–7 (KJV 1900) — 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

John 5:45–47 (KJV 1900) — 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

John 4:39 (KJV 1900) — 39 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

John 17:20 (KJV 1900) — 20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Romans 10:10–17 (KJV 1900) — 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 7:31 (KJV 1900) — 31
And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?

John 5:36 (KJV 1900) — 36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

John 12:40 (KJV 1900) — 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

God blinded men to prevent their belief. Why would god blind someone who had no ability to see?
Context-

The Close of Acts
by T. Leonard Lewis

A few years before Shalmaneser, king of Assyria, captured the City of Samaria, the capital of the ten tribes of Israel, Isaiah was called and commissioned to go to Judah with a message for the people of Judah and Jerusalem. He was given a vision of Jehovah of hosts and when he had been called to his task, his commission was:

“GO AND TELL THIS PEOPLE, HEAR YE INDEED, BUT UNDERSTAND NOT; AND SEE YE INDEED, BUT PERCEIVE NOT. MAKE THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE FAT, AND MAKE THEIR EARS HEAVY, AND SHUT THEIR EYES; LEST THEY SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND CONVERT AND BE HEALED.” Isaiah 6:9 and 10.

This was to be the burden of Isaiah’s message. Shortly thereafter Judah was given to see in the experience of the ten tribes of Israel just what would be their fate, if they continued to reject the Word of God. They did not heed this lesson, and about a hundred years later Judah suffered a terrible judgment. Jerusalem was besieged, the temple desecrated and destroyed and God’s people were carried away into captivity at the hand of Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon. Thus was political independence taken away from the Jews and governmental authority was vested in the Gentiles. Thus began, politically, the “times of the Gentiles.”

When the fullness of time was come God sent forth His Son. When Jesus appeared He came to fulfill the prophecies of the Old Testament Scriptures. He said, “the time is fulfilled.” Mark 1:14 and 15. He followed John the Baptist whose call to the Jews was: “Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 3:2. Jesus likewise began with the same message: “Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 4:17. The kingdom of the heavens that He announced as being at hand was the kingdom prophesied by Daniel when he said: “the God of heaven Shall set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed.” Daniel 2:44. When the Lord Jesus had been approved by God in the midst of Israel by miracles and wonders and signs, when by fulfilling Isaiah 35:5 and 6 Jesus had proved that He was indeed Israel’s King, He sent His twelve apostles out with the same message: “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” Matthew 10:7. With the message Jesus gave His apostles authority and power to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead and cast out demons. But the leaders of the Jews would not have the Lord Jesus as King. They rejected the testimony of John the Baptist, the Lord Jesus and His apostles. The Lord then very significantly quoted the passage with which we are dealing. Isaiah 6:9 and 10: “Therefore, speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith

“BY HEARING YE SHALL HEAR, AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND; AND SEEING YE SHALL SEE, AND SHALL NOT PERCEIVE; FOR THIS PEOPLE’S HEART IS WAXED GROSS, AND THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, AND THEIR EYES THEY HAVE CLOSED; LEST AT ANY TIME THEY SHOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS, AND SHOULD UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND SHOULD BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM.” Matthew 13:13 to 15.

In the Gospel according to John we have the record, of Jesus’ seven great signs given to Israel to show them His Messiahship. He turned the water into wine, healed the nobleman’s son, raised up the man at the pool of Bethesda fed the five thousand people with five loaves and two fishes, walked on the water, opened the eyes of the blind man, and lastly, He raised Lazarus from the dead. When he had performed these mighty miracles the chief priests and Pharisees “took counsel together for to put Him to death”. John 11:54. We then hear Jesus, just before He went to the cross, quote again Isaiah 6:9 and 10:

“THEREFORE THEY COULD NOT BELIEVE, BECAUSE THAT ESAIAS SAID AGAIN, HE HATH BLINDED THEIR EYES, AND HARDENED THEIR HEART; THAT THEY SHOULD NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES, NOR UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM.” John 12:39-40.

Again after the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, as we turn to the Book of Acts, we find the Lord giving the Jews another opportunity to receive the Messiah and the Kingdom. Acts 3:19 to 21. The Holy Spirit now gave witness to the Jews of a risen, glorified Messiah who was willing to return and fulfill the prophecies, if the Jews would accept Him. But they would not receive the testimony of the Holy Spirit. Acts 7:51; Acts 5:26 to 33. For thirty years we find the message of the Holy Spirit going forth first to the Jews (during the “Acts” period) and they everywhere refusing the testimony. Acts 13:46; Acts 18:6. Finally Paul reached Rome and called for the Jews first. Acts 28:17 to 28. To them he spake concerning Christ as the hope of Israel (verse 20) and expounded to them out of the law of Moses and the prophets the things concerning Jesus and the kingdom of God. (verse 23). When they were not agreed Paul quotes for the last time Isaiah 6:9 and 10.

Acts 28:26 and 27:

“SAYING, GO UNTO THIS PEOPLE, AND SAY, HEARING YE SHALL HEAR, AND SHALL NOT UNDERSTAND; AND SEEING YE SHALL SEE, AND NOT PERCEIVE; FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE IS ‘WAXED GROSS, AND THEIR EARS ARE DULL OF HEARING, AND THEIR EYES HAVE THEY CLOSED; LEST THEY SHOULD SEE WITH THEIR EYES, AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND SHOULD BE CONVERTED, AND I SHOULD HEAL THEM.”

Paul declared this to be the word of the Holy Spirit and then he added (verse 28): “Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it”.

The Book of Acts very significantly closed at this place and then in the Epistles written after the statement of Acts 28:28, we find Paul explaining the Mystery, hid from other ages, but now made known: the Mystery among the Gentiles “Christ in you the hope of glory”; the mystery concerning the believer’s identification with the risen Christ seated in the heavenlies.

When “the times of the Gentiles” were ushered in, after Isaiah’s first usage of our passage, governmental authority was taken from the Jew and given to the Gentile. When Paul finally quoted it in Acts 28:26 and 27, spiritual authority was taken from the Jews and given to the Gentiles. Soon thereafter the judgment fell and Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed and the Jews were scattered abroad in fulfillment of Luke 21:24; Matthew 23:37 to 39.

We do seriously blunder to teach that Israel was set aside with the death of Christ. God gave them years of grace in answer to the Lord’s prayer on the cross. Compare Luke 21:20 with Matthew 23:38 and Acts 28:25 to 28 and decide whether Israel’s desolation took place in 33 A.D. or after 63 A.D.

A word of warning might well be added by application to Christendom today. What happened to the Jew is about to happen to Christendom because they have closed their eyes and stopped their ears and hardened their hearts against the Word of God and judgment is about to fall upon on apostate church.

A word of warning might well be added by application to Christendom today. What happened to the Jew is about to happen to Christendom because they have closed their eyes and stopped their ears and hardened their hearts against the Word of God and judgment is about to fall upon on apostate church.
Self-willed isn't it.

Explained in the unread post as to the WHY "they" closed their eyes and stopped their ears--

Shalom.
Why was Isaiah commissioned to announce it?

Read Isaiah 5 and recognize it as a judicial pronouncement

Was it not for their stubborn self will and unbelief we see throughout both testaments

Then consider how does God harden

Does he cause the hardening directly?

or does his remove the influence of his Spirit or some other means

In the parable of the op all we see is Christ hiding truth not causing unbelief

GINOLJC, to all

There is nothing preached that is hid, it's just the hears have not heard, because they have not read to understand. and now it is preached unto all who have ears to hear.

Romans 10:1 "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved." Romans 10:2 "For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge." Romans 10:3 "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God." Romans 10:4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." (READ THAT AGAIN). Romans 10:5 "For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them." Romans 10:6 "But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)" Romans 10:7 "Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)" Romans 10:8 "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;" Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:11 "For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." BINGO, FAITH was never MIXED with belief. what a wonderful work of God. and NOW that word that is spoke is standing right in front of the hears. for the wonderful work of God is now ... MANIFESTED.

Let's see it. was this not preached afore? let's check the RECORD, Deuteronomy 30:11 "For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off." STOP, 101G suggest one to read Gill, Clark and any commentary you desire. was it HIDDEN? no, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" let's go on.

Deuteronomy 30:12 "It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?" Deuteronomy 30:13 "Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?" LISTEN, Deuteronomy 30:14 "But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it." HOLD IT..... the "word" small case "w", in thy mouth, and in thy heart?" this term "word" here is the Hebrew term,
H1697 דָּבָר dabar (daw-ɓaw') n-m.
1. a word.
2. a saying.
3. (by implication) a matter (as spoken of).
4. (generically) a thing.
5. (adverbially) a cause.
6. (royally) a sovereign or royal edict, a matter or a word spoken by a king which carries the innate force of a royal command.
7. a chronicle (i.e. a record of events).
[from H1696]
Root(s): H1696

Keep definition #2. in one's Mind.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Word: G3056 λόγος logos (lo'-ğos) n.
1. a word, something said (including the thought).
2. (by implication) a saying or expression.
IMPORTANT ..... Definition #13, listen, #13. (special use #2) the “Holy-word” of God (as the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament).
let's see it clearly, OT and NT. Genesis 15:1 "After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward." Genesis 15:2 "And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?" the "word" of the LORD is the "Lord" who is God. now the NT and it;s revelation, Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." HERE, "The word", Lower case "w" in word, is G3056 λόγος logos (lo'-ğos) n. the same word used in John 1:1 ....... BINGO, the connection is Made. the "word", lower case w in word, OT is the "Lord" who is God, which confirms Psalms 110:1 and 5 as the "LORD"/"Lord" is the same one PERSON.

so there is no difference in the "word" of the LORD OT, and the "Word" as John 1:1c except, the "word" of God is now manifested in flesh, in person. so clearly John 1:1c states "was God is correct. so the "word" of the LORD, (the ECHAD), of God, is the "Word" of God manifested in flesh. the same one Person in the ECHAD of God Himself shared in FLESH..

this same "word" was foretold, again by Moses. Deuteronomy 18:15 "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;"

if God Spoke, why did not the people HEAR? answer, Ezekiel 33:31 "And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as my people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness."

this is why the people did not hear the Lord JESUS, because they had not HEARD the TRUTH of the OT. the elites had the books of the prophets, but did they guide the masses in the writing of God? what did Ezekiel say? "and they hear thy words, but they will not do them: for with their mouth they shew much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness." that's why they are called LOST SHEEP. they had no Guide/Teacher. this is why we have the Holy Spirit our Guide/Teacher.

now the Prophet that Moses spoke of has come, (the Messiah/the Rabbi/TEACHER, God himself speaking, but yet they hear not, and see not. but the People are LOST sheep. this is why Preaching is so Important.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom