Why was it necessary for Christ to hide truth in a parable

TomL

Mark 4:10–12 (NASB 2020) — 10 As soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve disciples, began asking Him about the parables. 11 And He was saying to them, “To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but for those who are outside, everything comes in parables, 12 so that WHILE SEEING THEY MAY SEE, AND NOT PERCEIVE, AND WHILE HEARING, THEY MAY HEAR, AND NOT UNDERSTAND, OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT RETURN AND IT WOULD BE FORGIVEN THEM.”

Why if man is born with no ability to receive biblical truth is Christ hiding the truth in a parable?

How is it that this is to prevent a circumstance in which they might otherwise return (repent) and be forgiven?

Mark 4:10–12 (NASB 2020) — 10 As soon as He was alone, His followers, along with the twelve disciples, began asking Him about the parables. 11 And He was saying to them, “To you has been given the mystery of the kingdom of God, but for those who are outside, everything comes in parables, 12 so that WHILE SEEING THEY MAY SEE, AND NOT PERCEIVE, AND WHILE HEARING, THEY MAY HEAR, AND NOT UNDERSTAND, OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT RETURN AND IT WOULD BE FORGIVEN THEM.”

Why if man is born with no ability to receive biblical truth is Christ hiding the truth in a parable?

How is it that this is to prevent a circumstance in which they might otherwise return (repent) and be forgiven?
The answer to that is definitely above my pay grade but it would be interesting to read what others think

Why did Jesus speak in parables if calvinism is correct ?

We hear this all of the time comparing mans unregenerate state to that of Lazarus in the tomb in reformed/calvinist teachings.

The fact is calvinism's view on dead is wrong otherwise there would be no need to hide it from them. Why does Jesus need to hide truth from a dead corpse ?

See the contradiction ?

See the oxymoron ?

See the calvinists dilemma ?

In the real world we call this process cognitive dissonance, an inconsistent and contradictory belief. So much for total inability and Jesus need for parables. This is just another example of the inconsistent calvinist/reformed position. Why would God have to harden a dead corpse, a dead man having no ability to hear, see or perceive ?

hope this helps !!

Here are some quotes from Calvinists showing how they understand and explain the “dead in sin” imagery in Scripture. If total depravity is true it makes Jesus teaching in parables a lie.

A dead man cannot exercise faith in Jesus Christ (Gordon H. Clark, The Biblical Doctrine of Man, 102)
A dead man is utterly incapable of willing anything (Pink, Sovereignty of God, 141).
A dead man cannot cooperate with an offer of healing (John H. Gerstner, A Predestination Primer, 18).
The corpse does not restore life to itself, after life is restored it becomes a living agent (Robert Dabney, The Five Points of Calvinism, 35).
The Calvinist holds to the plain teaching of Scripture and says: “No; he is dead. He cannot even open his mouth. Nor does he have any desire to call a doctor to help him. He is dead” … The Calvinist … would compare man to one who jumps off the top of the Empire State Building and is spattered over the sidewalk. Even if there were anything left of him when he landed, he could not know that he needed help, let alone cry out for it. That man is dead—lifeless—and cannot even desire to be made whole … And that is the picture of the sinner. He is dead in his sins and trespasses (Eph. 2:1, 5). He does not want to be made whole, let alone even know that he should be made whole. He is dead. When Christ called to Lazarus to come out of the grave, Lazarus had no life in him so that he could hear, sit up, and emerge. There was not a flicker of life in him. If he was to be able to hear Jesus calling him and to go to Him, then Jesus would have to make him alive. Jesus did resurrect him and then Lazarus could respond (Palmer, The Five Points of Calvinism, 17-18).
Could the Word of God show more plainly than it does that the depravity is total? And that our inability to desire or procure salvation is also total? The picture is one of death—spiritual death. We are like Lazarus in his tomb; we are bound hand and foot; corruption has taken hold upon us. Just as there was no glimmer of life in the dead body of Lazarus, so there is no “inner receptive spark” in our hearts. But the Lord performs the miracle—both with the physically dead, and the spiritually dead; for “you hath he quickened—made alive—who were dead in trespasses and sins.” Salvation, by its very nature, must be “of the Lord” (WJ Seaton, Five Points of Calvinism).
[A sinner] has all the passive properties belonging to a corpse… (Boice & Ryken, Doctrines of Grace, 74).
The natural man is enslaved to sin; he is a child of Satan, rebellious toward God, blind to truth, corrupt, unable to save himself or to prepare himself for salvation. In short, the unregenerate man is dead in sin, and his will is enslaved to his evil nature (Steele & Thomas, Five Points of Calvinism, 19).https://redeeminggod.com/dead-in-sin-calvinistic-analogy/

Wow, is this the infamous fltom from Carm destroyer of Calvinism?

But no, this does not somehow disprove "inability/depravity/ancestral sin/original sin/sin nature," or however you want to call it.

This is not saying people don't need grace to understand, in fact that's not the point at all.

The point is that God filters the insincere, and you have to desire the truth to find it.

For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance,
but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. (Matt. 13:12 ESV)

I would say Dr. Flowers tries a little too hard to "make it fit" his own paradigm in his desire to scrounge out something to fight Calvinism with.

'And when He was alone,
they that were about Him with the twelve
asked of Him the parable.
And He said unto them,
Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God:
but unto them that are without,
all these things are done in parables:
That seeing they may see, and not perceive;
and hearing they may hear, and not understand;
lest at any time they should be converted,
and their sins should be forgiven them.'

(Mar 4:11-12)

Hello @Ahar,

When that question was asked of Him, the Lord Jesus Christ was alone. Around Him were not only the twelve chosen disciples, but others who believed. It was they who questioned Him concerning the parable He had just told to the multitude.

* In response to their question the Lord Jesus quoted from Isaiah 6:9-10. This is an important prophecy in Israel's history written down seven times (Matt. 13:14; Mark 4:12; Luke 8:10; John 12:40; Acts 28:26-27):Quoted in three great dispensational crises:-

1) By Christ, (Mat. 13:14, as coming from Jehovah, on the day a council was held 'to destroy Him'.
2) By Christ, as coming from Messiah in His glory (John 12:40-41) after counsel taken to 'put Him to death' (John 11:53 & cp. 12:37)/
3) By Paul, as coming from the Holy Ghost when after a whole day's conference, they 'believed not' (Acts 28:25-27).

* At this time, in Mark 4, this quotation comes following blaspheme against the Holy Spirit by the Pharisees, who said that the Lord had an 'unclean spirit' (ch. 3). Yes, unbelief reigned among the multitude

* The mysteries of the kingdom would be revealed to the believing.
* The gospel of the Kingdom was already made known, by John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus Christ:-

Mat_3:2 Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat_4:17 Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

* There could be nothing clearer than that, could there?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Matthew 11:25
At that moment Jesus said: My Father, Lord of heaven and earth, I am grateful that you hid all this from wise and educated people and showed it to ordinary people. cev

The parables have a twofold effect- one is to reveal and the other is to conceal. Jesus revealed truth to the simple fishermen ( His disciples) and concealed it form the wise ( the religious one, leaders of the Jews the Pharisees, Sadducees, Sanhedrin etc...

Luke 8:9-10
His disciples asked him what this parable meant. 10 He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that,

“‘though seeing, they may not see;
though hearing, they may not understand

Matthew 18:1-9
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”

2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.

6 “If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7 Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come! 8 If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Do you know why Jesus taught in word pictures/parables ?

1 Corinthians 1:18-25
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

Jesus said what actually happens below which is the exact opposite of calvinism.

Matthew 13
For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.

1- they calloused their own hearts
2- they closed their own ears
3- they closed their own eye

So much for tulip. They did it to themselves, God did not do it to them. He came to their own and His own did not receive Him

Why did Jesus speak in parables if calvinism is correct?

As the astute Calvinist Lorraine Boettner said: Prove one point in tulip wrong and it all collapses. :)

The fact is calvinism's view on dead is wrong otherwise there would be no need to hide it from them. Why does Jesus need to hide truth from a dead corpse?

Total Depravity is wrong as demonstrated by Jesus and the Apostles above. :)

hope this helps !!!

Thinking this disproves the sin nature is just dumb, honestly.

Grace always has to come first—it is that grace being resisted that brings the blindness/hardness.

As if sinners don't need grace—the pride some people's doctrine get them into. :rolleyes:

I might as well throw in the false teaching of the " I " in tulip as well. Grace is resistible.

Irresistible Grace.

John Piper
“Irresistible grace refers to the sovereign work of God to overcome the rebellion of our heart and bring us to faith in Christ so that we can be saved.” Furthermore, “The doctrine of irresistible grace means that God is sovereign and can conquer all resistance when he wills.” In other words, “It means that the Holy Spirit, whenever he chooses, can overcome all resistance and make his influence irresistible.”

The question is this- is the above statement a universal truth found in Scripture or is it a doctrinal assumption in a systematic theology ?

Matthew 22:3
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

Matthew 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

Luke 19:41
And when he drew nigh, he saw the city and wept over it,

Barnes:
the triumphant King and Lord of Zion wept! Amid all "his" prosperity, and all the acclamations of the multitude, the heart of the Redeemer of the world was turned from the tokens of rejoicing to the miseries about to come on a guilty people. Yet they "might" have been saved.

conclusion: Those whom He came to seek and save ( the lost ) rejected Him.

2 Corinthians 6:1
As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it.

Hebrews 10:29
Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us.

Hebrews 12:25
Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!

Hebrews 6:4-8
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Here we have those receiving Gods grace sharing in the Holy Spirit of grace reject it. They have fallen away permanently from His grace and can no longer repent.

Psalm 78:17;40
But they continued to sin against Him, rebelling in the desert against the Most High. How often they disobeyed Him in the wilderness and grieved Him in the desert!

Here we see them in the wilderness rejecting Gods grace upon them and grieving God in the process.

People sin: Which separated all from fellowship with God.
Responsible: Able-to-respond to God’s appeals for reconciliation.
Open door: For anyone to enter by faith. Whosoever will may come to His open arms.
Vicarious atonement: Provides a way for anyone to be saved by Christ’s blood.
Illuminating grace: Provides clearly revealed truth so that all can know and respond in faith.
Destroyed: For unbelief and resisting the Holy Spirit.
Eternal security: For all true believers.

Gods teaching His Grace is resisted which refutes the " I " in tulip

My top 20 reasons against grace being irresistible

1-Matthew 22:3
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

2-Matthew 23:37
“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

3-Luke 19:41
And when he drew nigh, he saw the city and wept over it,

4-Galatians 5:4-7
You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision is of any avail, but faith working through love. You were running well; who hindered you from obeying the truth?

5-Hebrews 12:14-15
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.

6-2 Corinthians 6:1
As God’s partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God’s kindness and then ignore it.

7-Hebrews 10:29
Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us.

8-Hebrews 12:25
Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!

9-Genesis 6:3: And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

10-2 Chronicles 36:15-16: And the Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them, because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place. But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against His people, till there was no remedy.

11-Proverbs 29:1: He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, Will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

12-Isaiah 30:15 “For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quiteness and confidence shall be your strength.’ But you would not.”

13-Isaiah 65:2“I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people, Who walk in a way that is not good, According to their own thoughts.”

14-Jeremiah 35:15 “I have also sent to you all My servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, ‘Turn now everyone from his evil way, amend your doings, and do not go after other gods to serve them; then you will dwell in the land which I have given to you and your fathers.’ But you have not inclined your ear, nor obeyed Me.”

15-Acts 7:51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.”

16-Acts 13:46: Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.”

17-Romans 10:21: But to Israel he says: “All day long I have stretched out My hands To a disobedient and contrary people.”

18- Matthew 23:37: Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those sent to her! How often I have wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.”

19- Hebrews 6:4-8
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Here we have those receiving Gods grace sharing in the Holy Spirit of grace reject it. They have fallen away permanently from His grace and can no longer repent.

20- Psalm 78:17;40
But they continued to sin against Him, rebelling in the desert against the Most High. How often they disobeyed Him in the wilderness and grieved Him in the desert.

Adam who was “spiritually “dead hid from God in the garden and was able to communicate with God and understand Him. In the day you eat you shall surely die. So adam sinned and was spiritually dead and yet could communicate with God and understand God. “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” (Genesis 3:10)

Luke 16:27-31 -“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

Above we see that Jesus declared the physical dead and spiritual dead can respond to spiritual things. The dead spiritual/physical dead man is pleading for his own brother’s life.

Jesus declares in John 5:25, “An hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.” Here Jesus says the spiritually dead can and will hear him

In Mark 2:17 Jesus said, “"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." The sick/spiritually dead can hear and understand Jesus- the sinner who is dead in their sins can understand.

In Romans 1 we read of the spiritually dead that they can perceive God and that Gods handiwork is self-evident to them and that the things of God are clearly seen by them so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20- For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.”

conclusion: Calvinism uses eisegesis to support their idea of spiritual death to mean a corpse that cannot respond. That is not true as we read above from Jesus and the Apostles. You see there are many unproven presuppositions built into Gods Sovereignty and mans condition and free will to choose or reject God. God does not force Himself on anyone for that by definition would be unloving, just as it would be for you or I to force another person to love you.

hope this helps !!!

Thinking this disproves the sin nature is just dumb, honestly.

Grace always has to come first—it is that grace being resisted that brings the blindness/hardness.

As if sinners don't need grace—the pride some people's doctrine get them into. :rolleyes:
You can hang onto your Augustinian heresy of a sin nature that denies free will as he taught all you want but that doesn't change the truth. No one in Christianity believed that false teaching until he brought that into the church from manicheanism/gnosticism, Platonism human philosophy. Augustine was the worst heretic that the church bought into. A wolf in sheeps clothing.

hope this helps !!!

You can hang onto your Augustinian heresy of a sin nature that denies free will as he taught all you want but that doesn't change the truth. No one in Christianity believed that false teaching until he brought that into the church from manicheanism/gnosticism, Platonism human philosophy. Augustine was the worst heretic that the church bought into. A wolf in sheeps clothing.

Absurd all around.

I show an earlier church father who taught the sin nature more clearly than even people do today, and you bald face deny the plain meaning of his words in your bizarre twisted commitment to swallow the lies that others have fed to you that somehow Augustine is the first one to teach that.

The sin nature is taught all throughout Scripture right along with free will, together. To insist they somehow contradict each other is a non sequitur, it is an illogical position, it is a false dichotomy, a wrong either/or. Grace always comes first and empowers our will to choose.

I can only conclude that someone who so blatantly resists the truth so clearly in front of them, has somewhere blinded themselves.

Absurd all around.

I show an earlier church father who taught the sin nature more clearly than even people do today, and you bald face deny the plain meaning of his words in your bizarre twisted commitment to swallow the lies that others have fed to you that somehow Augustine is the first one to teach that.

The sin nature is taught all throughout Scripture right along with free will, together. To insist they somehow contradict each other is a non sequitur, it is an illogical position, it is a false dichotomy, a wrong either/or. Grace always comes first and empowers our will to choose.

I can only conclude that someone who so blatantly resists the truth so clearly in front of them, has somewhere blinded themselves.
There is no " sin nature " in the Bible. People become sinners when they sin, not before they sin. The Bible say God does not hold the child guilty for the sins of his parents. No inherited sin from father tracing it back to adam. DEATH was the result adams sin that was passed to all men, not a sin nature.

hope this helps !!!

How horrible this all is!!?
Oh for the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus!!

😞
I'm ok if this is directed at me as I can take criticism. I like to let the readers know where the doctrines in Christendom came from, who started them in church history. As you can tell I'm not a fan of augustine, calvin, luther whow were students of augustine. I think many false teaching were formed by these men that are accepted in christianity. I say thiss as a former calvinist of 40 years who believed those doctrines.

I think a few people here should black out that text. God is love, and a loving God would never actively prevent people from coming to him and being saved. :D

I think a few people here should black out that text. God is love, and a loving God would never actively prevent people from coming to him and being saved. :D
Let God be true and every man a liar. I think someone doesn't understand the bible and has been sold a bill of goods from calvin. :)

Romans 1
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Scripture interprets scripture- precept upon precept :)

hope this helps !!!

'And when He was alone,
they that were about Him with the twelve
asked of Him the parable.
And He said unto them,
Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God:
but unto them that are without,
all these things are done in parables:
That seeing they may see, and not perceive;
and hearing they may hear, and not understand;
lest at any time they should be converted,
and their sins should be forgiven them.'

(Mar 4:11-12)

Hello @Ahar,

When that question was asked of Him, the Lord Jesus Christ was alone. Around Him were not only the twelve chosen disciples, but others who believed. It was they who questioned Him concerning the parable He had just told to the multitude.

* In response to their question the Lord Jesus quoted from Isaiah 6:9-10. This is an important prophecy in Israel's history written down seven times (Matt. 13:14; Mark 4:12; Luke 8:10; John 12:40; Acts 28:26-27):Quoted in three great dispensational crises:-

1) By Christ, (Mat. 13:14, as coming from Jehovah, on the day a council was held 'to destroy Him'.
2) By Christ, as coming from Messiah in His glory (John 12:40-41) after counsel taken to 'put Him to death' (John 11:53 & cp. 12:37)/
3) By Paul, as coming from the Holy Ghost when after a whole day's conference, they 'believed not' (Acts 28:25-27).

* At this time, in Mark 4, this quotation comes following blaspheme against the Holy Spirit by the Pharisees, who said that the Lord had an 'unclean spirit' (ch. 3). Yes, unbelief reigned among the multitude

* The mysteries of the kingdom would be revealed to the believing.
* The gospel of the Kingdom was already made known, by John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus Christ:-

Mat_3:2 Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mat_4:17 Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

* There could be nothing clearer than that, could there?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
I'm sure the scripture is perfectly clear but it's kind of early and I still have brain fog. I asked the administrator if he would start a category on The Parables of Jesus. We should be able to get a lot of clarity going on in that one.

Knowledge relative to "Eternal Things" requires man to seek God.

There are parallels in this life that point to "Eternal Things" but they only begin the journey. God has designed this life to force man to seek knowledge.

Parables require more than simple "mathematics" or "constructs". They require experience to understand. Which requires man to seek to know God.

Which all men can do naturally.

Back
Top Bottom