Who Exactly is the Church?

jeremiah1five

I made a comment identifying "Gentile Church" differentiating it from the Jewish Church in our present era of Times of the Gentiles, to which @EclipseEventSigns responded "there is no Gentile Church" in which he is attempting to identify "the Church" in the New Covenant writings as being a Church including both Jew and Gentile, which for the purpose of the beginnings of the Church from Pentecost onward to the destruction of the Jewish Temple I disagreed. After further consideration I have to agree with @EclipseEventSigns that [the] Gentile Church does not exist, which it doesn't. The term "Church" has a sole identification as being a term/word identifying Jews and not Gentiles and that the mention in the New Covenant writings where the word "Church" occurs always refers to the Jewish Church of people alone for the word finds its origin in the Hebrew Scriptures identifying the "Great Congregation" in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle and in all future mentions. The word in Greek itself "ekkelsia" means "called out [ones]" and this is exactly what God did in calling out His people and delivering them from bondage in Egypt. In my constant desire to be accurate where the Holy Scripture is concerned, I thought it necessary to bring out these facts and that although there is no such thing as a "Gentile Church", to be as true to Scripture as is my purpose and to bring out this teaching and clarify the biblical response and my position and these truths in my Biblical Christianity. Let me also clarify that this Feast is a one-day occurrence and I correct myself when I said it lasted for seven days, confusing it with another Feast that did last seven days. Therefore, I submit the following:

The Feast of Weeks, alternatively called the Feast of Harvest or Pentecost, celebrated the grain harvest and the renewal of the covenant. It is named for the seven weeks separating it from the Passover celebration. The Feast of Weeks celebrated the entrance into the promised land and its bounty (Lev 23:10).
The Feast of Weeks was marked by the offering of the firstfruits of the grain harvest. In contrast to the Passover feast, this grain offering explicitly included leaven (Lev 23:17). Meat offerings of bulls, a ram, and seven lambs were also required (Num 28:27). Deuteronomy indicates that the Feast of Weeks was to be celebrated at the temple once it had been established (Deut. 16:11). This makes the Feast of Weeks one of the pilgrimage feasts. The date of the feast is “from the day after the Sabbath” (Lev 23:15); it generally falls around the sixth of Sivan.
The Book of Jubilees indicates that the Feast of Weeks included a covenant-renewal ceremony. Thus, the festival may have (at one time) been called the Feast of Oaths (שְׁבֻעוֹת, shevu'oth) rather than the Feast of Weeks (שָׁבֻעוֹת, shavu'oth). The ceremony reflects the renewal of the covenant prior to the entry into the land (Deuteronomy) and after the conquest of the land (Josh. 24).

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. Acts 2:1.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. Acts 2:41.

46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. Acts 2:46–47.

Being at a Jewish Feast that required Jewish males to be present and the fact that this celebration drew in Jews from Gentile lands as the placing of the various tongues spoken in the early verses indicate on a map, it was these conversions and ones after that in which these Jews returned to their homes and synagogues in these various cities and towns (Corinth, Ephesus, Galatia, Philippi, etc.), which formed the core of Jewish Christian fellowships and the beginnings of the Jewish Church as covenanted and prophesied in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Church the Jesus Christ promised to build. And for the next four decades and beyond while the Temple remained everything about the events described in the New Covenant Scriptures clearly record that the Jews and Jewish Christians being affected by arrival of both Messiah and the Holy Spirit all things were seen through the lens of Judaism and a Jewish mindset as all things going to the New Covenant prophesied in Jeremiah 31:31-34, the New Covenant God made with the House of Israel (and Judah), true Biblical Christianity is contained within Jewish history, customs, and culture and that hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles were not included in any of the Hebrew/Jewish Covenants God made with a people later to be identified as "children of Israel" and just "Israel." There is no mention in the Hebrew Scriptures of the Law, the Psalms, and the Prophets of God making covenant with any Gentile or seed of Gentiles and the fact that since the destruction of the Temple the world in part had entered an epoch of what is identified as the Times of the Gentiles, which in my estimation will continue until the destruction of the Gentile nations in the near future but has been evidenced by the bringing in of Gentiles to elect-salvation as prophesied in the Hebrew Scripture. In effect, God is saving hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles without a covenant and for His own purposes. In conclusion, with 3000 Jews being saved on the Day of Pentecost and the Lord adding to His Church (of Jewish Christians) daily, and for the next four decades until destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D., it is not unreasonable to conclude the Church (of Jews) Christ promised to build would have upwards of over tens of thousands of born-again, Spirit-filled Jews that populated Jewish home churches until soon after the destruction of the Temple and that the Church was indeed founded upon Jewish apostles and Jewish prophets in general, and upon Jesus Christ specifically.
To reiterate, there is no such thing as @EclipseEventSigns says, a "Gentile Church."
The "Church" is a Jewish phenomenon and is populated predominantly by Jewish Christians as per covenant and prophecy.
Let those that read and understand these things I write come to the knowledge of the truth.

Subject Heading:- 'Who Exactly Is The Church'

Hello @jeremiah1five, :)

Please include the church which is the body of Christ in your reasoning, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all' (Eph. 1:22-23), made known by Divine revelation to Paul, and administered by him as 'The Lord's Prisoner', from his imprisonment at Rome, at the end of the Acts period (approx. 40yrs), which is the subject of the epistles of Paul to the Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, on the basis of Romans 5:12-8:39? In which both Jew and Gentile believers are brought into Christ, as a joint Body, with Christ as their Head, equal and united in Him? This is a new creation, and is quite independent of Israel as a nation.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Please include the church which is the body of Christ in your reasoning, 'the fulness of Him that filleth all in all' (Eph. 1:22-23), made known by Divine revelation to Paul, and administered by him as 'The Lord's Prisoner', from his imprisonment at Rome, at the end of the Acts period (approx. 40yrs), which is the subject of the epistles of Paul to the Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, on the basis of Romans 5:12-8:39? In which both Jew and Gentile believers are brought into Christ, as a joint Body, with Christ as their Head, equal and united in Him? This is a new creation, and is quite independent of Israel as a nation.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
The Gentiles you mention would be circumcised Gentile proselytes for in the beginning lasting about four decades the witness of Messiah and the Holy Spirit experience was being disseminated among Jews, mainly in the Temple in Jerusalem, in local synagogues in Israel and also in Gentile lands, for these events and experiences were happening to Jews specifically and the twelve tribes in general and Gentile proselytes would be attending their sabbath gatherings and in Jewish homes after the split with the Judaizers and hear these things taking place among the Jews.

Remember, the New Covenant was promised to the House of Israel and Judah (northern and southern kingdoms.) Hard-core, uncircumcised non-covenant Gentiles (Roman or otherwise) did not live among the Jews but had their own sectors and were separated from the Jews because the Jews considered these Gentiles as unclean, and separation would rule the day. So, the things and conversations taking place in Israel and in Gentile lands where Jewish Christians lived were taking place outside the purview of Gentiles.

There is only ONE Church and this Church ("called out [ones]") consisted of Jewish Christians born-again by the Holy Spirit which is fulfillment of covenant and the New Covenant prophecies in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Christ is the fulfillment of covenant and prophecies. And if Gentiles were not mentioned when the covenants were made then they would not be included when the covenant prophecies were being fulfilled. All this Gentile attempts at inheritance thefts based upon Galatians 3:28-29 is error. From Scripture there is no such thing as a Gentile Church for the one main reason being that the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets do not record the existence of a Gentile Church. But there is mention many times over of a Jewish Church but it is being called the "Great Congregation" in Scripture and this Church belongs to God and His Christ/Messiah. God made no covenant with Gentiles and the fact that hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles have been born-again and filled with the Holy Spirit is taking place without a covenant. So, why all these attempts by these same Gentiles at trying to elbow their way - yes, even usurping - the covenants God made with the House of Israel and trying to join themselves into covenants they are never mentioned when created as being a part of.

Let's be honest here. I have asked many times for someone to prove to me through the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets (Hebrew Scriptures) of any mention or inclusion of uncircumcised Gentiles in these three covenants (Abraham, Mosaic, New Covenant) and no one can do it.
Let's be honest here, too, that the New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, Matthew, John, etc., are letters to the various Jewish Churches throughout Israel and Gentile lands by these same men only discussing and attempting to understand to their counterparts the effect Messiah and the Holy Spirit's arrivals had on these same covenants because this was the "new thing" [Isaiah] God was doing in the earth (Israel) and it took time to search the Hebrew Scriptures to understand just that - the New Covenant. It happened daily, in their synagogues, in the Temple, in the marketplace, in the streets on the road, everywhere Jews were talking about Messiah's coming out of His tomb and this experience of a Holy Spirit impacting their lives. If you and I were Jews living in that time we would be participating in this 'national' discussion. It was a Jewish phenomenon taking place among the Jews, not uncircumcised Gentiles. Not yet at least. Christ was building His covenant Church so why don't we let Him without we Gentiles looking for ways to get in these covenants when in these same covenants there is NO MENTION in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets of God EVER making covenant with Gentiles. If He did, they would be clearly mentioned and there might even be Gentile Scriptures - but He didn't and there aint. Now, tell me, are these things I am saying reasonable? Are these things I am saying a correct and reasonable, as well as Scriptural view of these things that took place with the Jews and the main characters involved? James writes "to the twelve tribes scattered." The book of Hebrew is just that: TO THE HEBREWS. Saul's letters contain Jewish history, Jewish Messiah, Jewish Law, Jewish Psalms, Jewish prophets, Jewish people, Jewish covenants, Jewish culture, Jewish customs, Jewish daily religious life and practice, Jewish thought and mindset all about Jewish life. The gospels are a historical to the Jews so that they may believe this Jesus promised through covenant and prophecies was actually and truly their long-awaited Messiah. Matthew contains the greatest number of references to the Hebrew Scriptures that no uncircumcised Gentile would understand let alone care to even discuss, unless that Gentile was a circumcised proselyte.
Everything is coming to a head. Prophecy is being fulfilled in many places and who is the central subject at hand? It is Israel. When Christ returns His foot is not going to touch down in Washington D.C, or at NATO headquarters in Brussels, or even in Rome. His foot will touch down outside of Jerusalem. And who will God gather against Israel? Hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles, and personally I believe Gentile Christians will also be against Israel. Saul writes God has blinded Israel's eyes and is USING Gentiles to make His Bride jealous. When this finally sinks into their consciousness and God turns His full attention back to Israel and the Holy Spirit is again dealing with Israel Gentile Christians will feel this effect in their walks and in their prayers and in their relationships with other Christians as Gentile Christians must decrease and Israel MUST increase.

The Gentiles you mention would be circumcised Gentile proselytes for in the beginning lasting about four decades the witness of Messiah and the Holy Spirit experience was being disseminated among Jews, mainly in the Temple in Jerusalem, in local synagogues in Israel and also in Gentile lands, for these events and experiences were happening to Jews specifically and the twelve tribes in general and Gentile proselytes would be attending their sabbath gatherings and in Jewish homes after the split with the Judaizers and hear these things taking place among the Jews.

Remember, the New Covenant was promised to the House of Israel and Judah (northern and southern kingdoms.) Hard-core, uncircumcised non-covenant Gentiles (Roman or otherwise) did not live among the Jews but had their own sectors and were separated from the Jews because the Jews considered these Gentiles as unclean, and separation would rule the day. So, the things and conversations taking place in Israel and in Gentile lands where Jewish Christians lived were taking place outside the purview of Gentiles.

There is only ONE Church and this Church ("called out [ones]") consisted of Jewish Christians born-again by the Holy Spirit which is fulfilment of covenant and the New Covenant prophecies in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Christ is the fulfillment of covenant and prophecies. And if Gentiles were not mentioned when the covenants were made then they would not be included when the covenant prophecies were being fulfilled. All this Gentile attempts at inheritance thefts based upon Galatians 3:28-29 is error. From Scripture there is no such thing as a Gentile Church for the one main reason being that the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets do not record the existence of a Gentile Church. But there is mention many times over of a Jewish Church but it is being called the "Great Congregation" in Scripture and this Church belongs to God and His Christ/Messiah. God made no covenant with Gentiles and the fact that hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles have been born-again and filled with the Holy Spirit is taking place without a covenant. So, why all these attempts by these same Gentiles at trying to elbow their way - yes, even usurping - the covenants God made with the House of Israel and trying to join themselves into covenants they are never mentioned when created as being a part of.

Let's be honest here. I have asked many times for someone to prove to me through the Law, Psalms, and the Prophets (Hebrew Scriptures) of any mention or inclusion of uncircumcised Gentiles in these three covenants (Abraham, Mosaic, New Covenant) and no one can do it.
Let's be honest here, too, that the New Covenant writings of Saul, Peter, James, Matthew, John, etc., are letters to the various Jewish Churches throughout Israel and Gentile lands by these same men only discussing and attempting to understand to their counterparts the effect Messiah and the Holy Spirit's arrivals had on these same covenants because this was the "new thing" [Isaiah] God was doing in the earth (Israel) and it took time to search the Hebrew Scriptures to understand just that - the New Covenant. It happened daily, in their synagogues, in the Temple, in the marketplace, in the streets on the road, everywhere Jews were talking about Messiah's coming out of His tomb and this experience of a Holy Spirit impacting their lives. If you and I were Jews living in that time we would be participating in this 'national' discussion. It was a Jewish phenomenon taking place among the Jews, not uncircumcised Gentiles. Not yet at least. Christ was building His covenant Church so why don't we let Him without we Gentiles looking for ways to get in these covenants when in these same covenants there is NO MENTION in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets of God EVER making covenant with Gentiles. If He did, they would be clearly mentioned and there might even be Gentile Scriptures - but He didn't and there aint. Now, tell me, are these things I am saying reasonable? Are these things I am saying a correct and reasonable, as well as Scriptural view of these things that took place with the Jews and the main characters involved? James writes "to the twelve tribes scattered." The book of Hebrew is just that: TO THE HEBREWS. Saul's letters contain Jewish history, Jewish Messiah, Jewish Law, Jewish Psalms, Jewish prophets, Jewish people, Jewish covenants, Jewish culture, Jewish customs, Jewish daily religious life and practice, Jewish thought and mindset all about Jewish life. The gospels are a historical to the Jews so that they may believe this Jesus promised through covenant and prophecies was actually and truly their long-awaited Messiah. Matthew contains the greatest number of references to the Hebrew Scriptures that no uncircumcised Gentile would understand let alone care to even discuss, unless that Gentile was a circumcised proselyte.
Everything is coming to a head. Prophecy is being fulfilled in many places and who is the central subject at hand? It is Israel. When Christ returns His foot is not going to touch down in Washington D.C, or at NATO headquarters in Brussels, or even in Rome. His foot will touch down outside of Jerusalem. And who will God gather against Israel? Hard-core, uncircumcised, non-covenant Gentiles, and personally I believe Gentile Christians will also be against Israel. Saul writes God has blinded Israel's eyes and is USING Gentiles to make His Bride jealous. When this finally sinks into their consciousness and God turns His full attention back to Israel and the Holy Spirit is again dealing with Israel Gentile Christians will feel this effect in their walks and in their prayers and in their relationships with other Christians as Gentile Christians must decrease and Israel MUST increase.
'Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,'

(2Tim. 1:1)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

Thank you for taking the time to give such a full response. :)
I do not disagree with anything that you have said: but, with respect, it does not address the content of reply #2, that you are responding to, which relates to the epistles written by Paul from prison at Rome, following the Divine revelation given to Him concerning the church which is The Body of Christ,' ... the fulness of Him that filleth all in all'. To this company was given one abiding promise, and that is life through His name. That promise was made with Christ it's Head, before the foundation of the world.(2 Tim. 1:9, Eph. 4:1)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
If I am understanding you correctly and the target Scripture of Ephesians 1:22-23 and Romans 5:12-8:39 then let me post the passages and try to give my understanding to your submission of "Divine revelation" supposedly given to Saul/Paul. But let me bring in those statements by Saul leading up to your verses so that his complete thoughts may be considered in total:
First, Saul is writing to Jewish Christians at Rome

PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Saints in the Hebrew Scripture are identified as covenant Israel.
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
These spiritual blessings are described in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenant.
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
God promised to send a Deliverer 'like unto Moses' yet there is an added blessing associated with this Deliverer - being redeemed by His blood through sacrifice of Himself.
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
"All things Christ" are all things having to do with Israel's Redeemer and Messiah given to Israel through covenant and through prophecy.
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
There is no doubt that the covenant and the promised blessing that flow from it are an inheritance which can only be received by Israel through the death of a testator.
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Being in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenants it was no small thing for these Jews who became born-again (whether at Pentecost or elsewhere) to 'trust' that this Messiah which hung on a tree - a curse and a stumbling block to Jewish minds - was their actual Redeemer prophesied that should come - were saved by the preaching of Peter (word of truth) or common Jewish Christians who returned to Rome from Pentecost and testified about their experiences and through this preaching/witness received the "Holy Spirit of promise."
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Again, describing covenant, the blessings of these covenants, and the prophecies being fulfilled in Israel at the time which they understand and accept as their inheritance.
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
More on their inheritance.
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward [meaning Jews] who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
The gospel or good news that God has kept His promise to Israel and a Redeemer who had to die and raised to overcome death that reigned from Adam to Moses and beyond.
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Israel believed in a Sovereign God.
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
The 'church' or "great Congregation" in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle in the next verse is identified now as Messiah's body (of believers) with Messiah as the head of that body of believers for Messiah received from the Father all things for His role as sacrificial lamb of God, a Deliverer who removed iniquity from Jacob.
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Describes the totality of Messiah's power and authority from foot (vs. 22) to head (vs. 22.)
Eph. 1:1–23.

AND:

Romans 5:12 to 8:39 which is too long to post here.

Interpreting these verses, we can understand that they express the exalted position of Jesus Christ. The passage emphasizes the power and authority of Christ, depicting him as being raised from the dead, seated at the right hand of God, and placed above all rule and authority. The image of having "all things under his feet" symbolizes complete dominion and control.

Furthermore, the passage highlights the relationship between Christ and the church. The church is described as Christ's body, emphasizing unity and connection. Christ is presented as the head of the church, indicating his authority and leadership over the community of believers. The church is referred to as the fullness of Christ, suggesting that through the church, the presence and purpose of Christ are manifested in the world.

In essence, Ephesians 1:22-23 underscores the elevated status of Christ and the intimate connection between Christ and the community of believers, the church. The imagery used emphasizes Christ's supremacy and the vital role of the church as an extension of his presence and work in the world.

Is this what you were looking for?

If I am understanding you correctly and the target Scripture of Ephesians 1:22-23 and Romans 5:12-8:39 then let me post the passages and try to give my understanding to your submission of "Divine revelation" supposedly given to Saul/Paul. But let me bring in those statements by Saul leading up to your verses so that his complete thoughts may be considered in total:
First, Saul is writing to Jewish Christians at Rome

PAUL, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Saints in the Hebrew Scripture are identified as covenant Israel.
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
These spiritual blessings are described in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenant.
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
God promised to send a Deliverer 'like unto Moses' yet there is an added blessing associated with this Deliverer - being redeemed by His blood through sacrifice of Himself.
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
"All things Christ" are all things having to do with Israel's Redeemer and Messiah given to Israel through covenant and through prophecy.
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
There is no doubt that the covenant and the promised blessing that flow from it are an inheritance which can only be received by Israel through the death of a testator.
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Being in the Abrahamic, Mosaic, and New Covenants it was no small thing for these Jews who became born-again (whether at Pentecost or elsewhere) to 'trust' that this Messiah which hung on a tree - a curse and a stumbling block to Jewish minds - was their actual Redeemer prophesied that should come - were saved by the preaching of Peter (word of truth) or common Jewish Christians who returned to Rome from Pentecost and testified about their experiences and through this preaching/witness received the "Holy Spirit of promise."
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Again, describing covenant, the blessings of these covenants, and the prophecies being fulfilled in Israel at the time which they understand and accept as their inheritance.
15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
More on their inheritance.
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward [meaning Jews] who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
The gospel or good news that God has kept His promise to Israel and a Redeemer who had to die and raised to overcome death that reigned from Adam to Moses and beyond.
21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Israel believed in a Sovereign God.
22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
The 'church' or "great Congregation" in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle in the next verse is identified now as Messiah's body (of believers) with Messiah as the head of that body of believers for Messiah received from the Father all things for His role as sacrificial lamb of God, a Deliverer who removed iniquity from Jacob.
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
Describes the totality of Messiah's power and authority from foot (vs. 22) to head (vs. 22.)
Eph. 1:1–23.

AND:

Romans 5:12 to 8:39 which is too long to post here.

Interpreting these verses, we can understand that they express the exalted position of Jesus Christ. The passage emphasizes the power and authority of Christ, depicting him as being raised from the dead, seated at the right hand of God, and placed above all rule and authority. The image of having "all things under his feet" symbolizes complete dominion and control.

Furthermore, the passage highlights the relationship between Christ and the church. The church is described as Christ's body, emphasizing unity and connection. Christ is presented as the head of the church, indicating his authority and leadership over the community of believers. The church is referred to as the fullness of Christ, suggesting that through the church, the presence and purpose of Christ are manifested in the world.

In essence, Ephesians 1:22-23 underscores the elevated status of Christ and the intimate connection between Christ and the community of believers, the church. The imagery used emphasizes Christ's supremacy and the vital role of the church as an extension of his presence and work in the world.

Is this what you were looking for?

Hello @jeremiah1five,

Thank you for responding to my request that The Church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, may be included in your reasoning. :) You have summarised the passage, Romans 5:8-8:39, which is foundational to the teaching introduced by Paul (by revelation) in the letters written from prison, to the Ephesian, Philippian and Colossian saints, and to Titus, Timothy and Philemon. Teaching as it does the identification by God of the believer with the death, burial, quickening and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ: Ephesians revealing the further joy of the believer's identification with Christ's ascension to God's right hand in heavenly places (Eph. 2:6). Which is the place of inheritance for the members of the Church of the One Body (Eph. 1:11). All the blessings of the Church of the One Body, are to be enjoyed in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus: Which unlike that of Israel, are not blessings of 'basket and store' (Deut. 28:5 & 17), but spiritual in nature, and that company are the glad recipients of ALL spiritual blessings, in Christ Jesus (Eph. 1:3). They also comprise God's inheritance in heavenly places (Eph. 1:18), as redeemed Israel will be on the new earth.

Having been on-line for several hours, I must go off-line now, so will close here, with my thanks.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Hello @jeremiah1five,

Thank you for responding to my request that The Church of the One Body, of which Christ is the Head, may be included in your reasoning. :) You have summarised the passage, Romans 5:8-8:39, which is foundational to the teaching introduced by Paul (by revelation) in the letters written from prison, to the Ephesian, Philippian and Colossian saints, and to Titus, Timothy and Philemon. Teaching as it does the identification by God of the believer with the death, burial, quickening and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ: Ephesians revealing the further joy of the believer's identification with Christ's ascension to God's right hand in heavenly places (Eph. 2:6). Which is the place of inheritance for the members of the Church of the One Body (Eph. 1:11). All the blessings of the Church of the One Body, are to be enjoyed in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus: Which unlike that of Israel, are not blessings of 'basket and store' (Deut. 28:5 & 17), but spiritual in nature, and that company are the glad recipients of ALL spiritual blessings, in Christ Jesus (Eph. 1:3). They also comprise God's inheritance in heavenly places (Eph. 1:18), as redeemed Israel will be on the new earth.

Having been on-line for several hours, I must go off-line now, so will close here, with my thanks.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Christ was promised to Israel. The Church is Israel. If Christ was promised to Israel and there is such a 'thing' as body of the promised Christ and Christ is building His Church which is Israel, then there is no Gentiles in this covenant Christ nor His body. Gentiles are being saved without a covenant. But you are doing what Gentiles do and trying to steal Israel's inheritance of Christ and His spiritual body by implying at the least, and saying at the most that Gentiles are in the body of Christ which they are not, not alongside Israel. Don't you understand Salvation is of the Jews and their salvation is through covenant and prophecies.
Now think this through: If Gentiles are not mentioned or included in Israel's covenants, then why are you as well as others trying to include yourself in their covenants as a Gentile when no Gentiles are in their covenants as described in Scripture?

Christ was promised to Israel. The Church is Israel. If Christ was promised to Israel and there is such a 'thing' as body of the promised Christ and Christ is building His Church which is Israel, then there is no Gentiles in this covenant Christ nor His body. Gentiles are being saved without a covenant. But you are doing what Gentiles do and trying to steal Israel's inheritance of Christ and His spiritual body by implying at the least, and saying at the most that Gentiles are in the body of Christ which they are not, not alongside Israel. Don't you understand Salvation is of the Jews and their salvation is through covenant and prophecies.
Now think this through: If Gentiles are not mentioned or included in Israel's covenants, then why are you as well as others trying to include yourself in their covenants as a Gentile when no Gentiles are in their covenants as described in Scripture?
'Ye worship ye know not what:
we know what we worship:
for salvation is of the Jews.'

(Joh 4:22)

Yes salvation was of the Jews, as our Lord said to the Samaritan woman (above), but a change took place at the end of the Acts period, at the final rejection of Christ by the Jews of the dispersion: For we are told in Acts 28:28 that salvation was sent to the Gentiles, for they would hear it.

'For the heart of this people is waxed gross,
and their ears are dull of hearing,
and their eyes have they closed;
lest they should see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart,
and should be converted,
and I should heal them.
Be it known therefore unto you,
that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles,
and that they will hear it.'

(Act 28:27-28)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

'Ye worship ye know not what:
we know what we worship:
for salvation is of the Jews.'

(Joh 4:22)

Yes salvation was of the Jews, as our Lord said to the Samaritan woman (above), but a change took place at the end of the Acts period, at the final rejection of Christ by the Jews of the dispersion: For we are told in Acts 28:28 that salvation was sent to the Gentiles, for they would hear it.

'For the heart of this people is waxed gross,
and their ears are dull of hearing,
and their eyes have they closed;
lest they should see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart,
and should be converted,
and I should heal them.
Be it known therefore unto you,
that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles,
and that they will hear it.'

(Act 28:27-28)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
There was no "final rejection" by the Jews, only the religious leaders rejected Him, and for the most part, the crowds thronged Jesus and followed Him through the streets, the fields, mounts and hilltops and edges of lakes and over the ponds. The word is "multitudes" but how many exactly is that? It doesn't say. Being Passover there were crowds there to memorialize the Passover and many Jews from all over Israel were there. Also, note that the prophecy came true that a "remnant shall return" from Assyria and Babylon and Gentile lands in between. The better part stayed in their new home in these Gentile lands and this would mean a majority' stayed behind. So, although there were crowds at the crucifixion the majority of the twelve tribes were not present in Jerusalem. Another point is that to prove not all Israel rejected their Messiah the crowds do not represent all Israel as 3000 Jews were saved, born-again, and filled with the Holy Spirit, then began the gospel to go out of Jerusalem, into Samaria, into Judah, into the uttermost parts of the then-known world.

Acts 28:27 is misleading for these Gentiles (and that's what they were) could also be circumcised proselytes as well as Luke's own interpretation of joining two separate First Covenant passages/prophecies to run them against each other for here is the original:

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; And see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, And make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, And the houses without man, And the land be utterly desolate,
Isaiah 6:9–11.

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
Acts 28:28–29.

They may one day "hear [it]" but not that day for the only people that visited Saul were Jews, not Gentiles. Now, 1,991 years later we can look back and understand the time when hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles would "hear" would be around the time of "utterly desolation", most likely soon after the destruction of their Temple in the Jewish revolt of the late 60s A.D. ending in 70 A.D. Although Luke doesn't put space between these two prophecies there was definitely a space of time between fulfillment of each.
Now, consider the time when the time the hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles would "hear" until the end of their era of "hearing" and with the destruction of Gentile nations God turns His full attention back on Israel, removes their blindness, and begins the gospel-recruitment process of Israel finally acknowledging their Messiah through the prophetic ministry of the two Jewish "candlesticks" preaching Messiah to the Jews. So, in short, there was no "final rejection" by the Jews, only a temporary red stop light for the Jews and a green light for the Gentiles for a time.
Then, the light turns green again for the Jews and, as Saul said, "All Israel shall be saved."

There was no "final rejection" by the Jews, only the religious leaders rejected Him, and for the most part, the crowds thronged Jesus and followed Him through the streets, the fields, mounts and hilltops and edges of lakes and over the ponds. The word is "multitudes" but how many exactly is that? It doesn't say. Being Passover there were crowds there to memorialize the Passover and many Jews from all over Israel were there. Also, note that the prophecy came true that a "remnant shall return" from Assyria and Babylon and Gentile lands in between. The better part stayed in their new home in these Gentile lands and this would mean a majority' stayed behind. So, although there were crowds at the crucifixion the majority of the twelve tribes were not present in Jerusalem. Another point is that to prove not all Israel rejected their Messiah the crowds do not represent all Israel as 3000 Jews were saved, born-again, and filled with the Holy Spirit, then began the gospel to go out of Jerusalem, into Samaria, into Judah, into the uttermost parts of the then-known world.

Acts 28:27 is misleading for these Gentiles (and that's what they were) could also be circumcised proselytes as well as Luke's own interpretation of joining two separate First Covenant passages/prophecies to run them against each other for here is the original:

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; And see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, And make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, And the houses without man, And the land be utterly desolate,
Isaiah 6:9–11.

28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.
Acts 28:28–29.

They may one day "hear [it]" but not that day for the only people that visited Saul were Jews, not Gentiles. Now, 1,991 years later we can look back and understand the time when hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles would "hear" would be around the time of "utterly desolation", most likely soon after the destruction of their Temple in the Jewish revolt of the late 60s A.D. ending in 70 A.D. Although Luke doesn't put space between these two prophecies there was definitely a space of time between fulfillment of each.
Now, consider the time when the time the hard-core, uncircumcised Gentiles would "hear" until the end of their era of "hearing" and with the destruction of Gentile nations God turns His full attention back on Israel, removes their blindness, and begins the gospel-recruitment process of Israel finally acknowledging their Messiah through the prophetic ministry of the two Jewish "candlesticks" preaching Messiah to the Jews. So, in short, there was no "final rejection" by the Jews, only a temporary red stop light for the Jews and a green light for the Gentiles for a time.
Then, the light turns green again for the Jews and, as Saul said, "All Israel shall be saved."
'For if the casting away of them
be the reconciling of the world,
what shall the receiving of them be,
but life from the dead?'

(Rom 11:15)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

There was a believing remnant called out by God, but the nation represented by their elders, did indeed reject the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul explains the reason why a remnant only was saved, in Romans 11.

Praise God! That one day all Israel shall be saved. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
'For if the casting away of them
be the reconciling of the world,
what shall the receiving of them be,
but life from the dead?'

(Rom 11:15)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

There was a believing remnant called out by God, but the nation represented by their elders, did indeed reject the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul explains the reason why a remnant only was saved, in Romans 11.

Praise God! That one day all Israel shall be saved. :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
No one can die or be responsible for another's sin. Whoever of the leadership in Israel rejected Christ more than likely was saved later on:

7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith. Acts 6:7.

I put "a great company" out of 70 Sanhedrin members as a majority.
It didn't matter who rejected Christ when He died on the cross. Christ didn't reject them. And that is the nature of salvation. He chooses us, we don't (and can't) choose Him:

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: Jn 15:16.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom. 9:16.

As far as Saul and his statement about "a remnant being saved", Saul changed the word from the prophecy of Isaiah and manipulated the meaning in the original prophecy to suit his need. He was not being honest with Scripture and that is one check against him. Now I may begin to understand why certain of the church fathers when compiling the canon didn't want to include Romans. But here is my proof:

22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, Yet a remnant of them shall return:
Isaiah 10:22.

27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: Rom. 9:26–27.

You can't defend this.

"Divine revelation" supposedly given to Saul/Paul.
7-in fact.
As far as Saul and his statement about "a remnant being saved", Saul changed the word from the prophecy of Isaiah and manipulated the meaning in the original prophecy to suit his need. He was not being honest with Scripture and that is one check against him. Now I may begin to understand why certain of the church fathers when compiling the canon didn't want to include Romans. But here is my proof:
Glad I saw this-undermining Paul and the 13 Pauline epistles.
Want me to introduce you to Tovia Singer or any Ultra-Orthodox rabbi?
Do you believe Jesus is your Savior?

No one can die or be responsible for another's sin
The Savior Out of Heaven

“No one hath ascended into heaven, but (except) he that descended out of heaven, even the Son of man, who is in heaven” (John 3:13). The entire New Testament bears record to the fact that the Son of God found it necessary to come out of heaven in order to become the Saviour of the world. “The second man is the Lord out of heaven” (I Corinthians 15:47). The preposition “ek” meaning “out of”, often translated “of, from”, proves conclusively that Christ came out of heaven once to die a redeeming death, and although now in heaven, will come out of heaven again. Most Christians profess to believe in His first coming out of heaven, but are ignorant of or deny the fact that He will come again, although the entire New Testament with the exception of three books, Philemon, 2nd and 3rd John, bears witness to the fact and in the same language which describes His first coming.

No doubt fanatical date-setters have spoiled this glorious truth for most Christians, but such cannot alter the infallible Word of God. The whole philosophy of Christianity is hopeless and pessimistic apart from it; for the Bible no where holds out hope of immortality and resurrection apart from it, and if it will never occur, then Christians are of all men most to be pitied (I Corinthians 15:23, 19). A failing and powerless Christendom surely presents to the world a defeated God, when it throws away the hope of Christ’s coming with power and great glory (Matthew 24:30).

Every true Christian has been made conformable with Christ’s death (Philippians 3:10), i. e., has been crucified with Him (Galatians 2:20; Romans 6:6; Colossians 3:3) for the penalty of sin, and has been given the hope of having his body of humiliation made conformable with Christ’s body of glory Philippians 3:21).

This redemption of the body (Romans 8:23) is to be realized when Christ next comes out of heaven. We have already received everlasting life, the salvation of our souls, but we await the salvation of our bodies.

Those who spiritualize or misplace this resurrection err and overthrow the faith of some (II Timothy 2:18). This will not be a general resurrection; for it is called an “ek (out) resurrection ek (out of) dead ones” (Philippians 3:11), signifying that some of the dead will remain in the grave after this takes place. It would seem to include only the Body of Christ. Paul had the hope of attaining to this out resurrection, not by meritorious effort; for the word “attain” here merely means to come to or arrive at, as is seen from its usage in Acts 26:7 “come”; Acts 25:13 “came unto”; I Corinthians 10:11 “come”; towards which he pressed (Philippians 3:12, 14).

Some teach that the Body of Christ began after God set Israel aside in Acts 28:28, and therefore the hope of resurrection in I Corinthians 15:51, 52; I Thessalonians 4:13 to 17 (given before Acts 28) is not for the Body of Christ. They say our hope is found in Philippians 3:11, 14, 20, 21 and Colossians 3 :4, and claim that these passages teach that our Lord is not coming out of heaven as in I Thessalonians 4, but that we will be called up on high, to meet Christ, not in the air, but in heaven. This theory seems to be contradicted, however, by the very scripture they use. Philippians 3:20 reads: “For our citizenship is in Heaven, from whence (ek ou—out of which, i. e., out of heaven) also we look for (or eagerly await—same word used in Romans 8:19, 23, 25; I Corinthians 1:7; Hebrews 9:28) the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.” It is exactly what the Thessalonians were doing: they were “waiting, for His Son from (ek—out of) heaven” (I Thessalonians 1:10). Christ is now in heaven; we are to wait for Him out of heaven He must descend from heaven as in I Thessalonians 4:16 before Philippians 3:20, 21 can be realized. The day in which the Corinthians and Thessalonian event is to be realized is called “the day of our Lord Jesus Christ” (I Corinthians 1:8), and the one in which the Philippian hope is to be realized is called “the day of Jesus Christ” and the “day of Christ” (Philippians 1:6; Philippians 2:16).

If these are two separate events, then language seems useless in making the distinction. We must, of course, recognize the distinction between His two comings or parousias; for there will first be a parousia or coming “for His saints” (I Thessalonians 4:15; II Thessalonians 2:1) in which the Church takes part; and then there will be the parousia “with His saints” (I Thessalonians 3:13). The former is called a Mystery (I Corinthians 15:51); the latter is the subject of prophecy and not a mystery, being the Second Coming of Christ back to the earth. Our hope is not to die and go to be with Christ in heaven, but to be caught up with Him when He next comes out of heaven, and to ever be with Him where ever He is.

As we open the Gospel of Mark we are introduced to the Lord Jesus Christ at the age of thirty. There we find nothing of the ancestors, birth, or childhood of Jesus, the Son of God.

We must turn to Matthew and Luke to learn what little is recorded concerning the birth and childhood of the Holy Child Jesus. Let us see how John’s Gospel begins:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God.” John 1:1 and 2.

Nothing here of the human ancestors of Mary the virgin. Nothing here of the birth of the Babe in Bethlehem.

We read these words in John 1:10, 14 and 18:

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not “ “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” “No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”

The Creator of all things was God in the beginning and now He has become flesh to be the Lamb of God and the King of Israel.

Note John 1:29:

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world!”

And John 1:49:

“Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.”

The Lamb for sacrifice.—The King to reign in glory.

Here we have the order mentioned in I Peter 1:11, the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow. In Matthew, Mark and Luke, we have Christ as King, first, and then rejected to become the Lamb.

But let us see how this first chapter of John agrees with Philippians 2:5 to 8:

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Also Hebrews 2:9:

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

Now let us read again John 1:29:

“The next day John seeth Jesus corning unto him, and saith, BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD Which taketh away the sin of the world.”

John 1:47 to 49:

“Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile! Nathanael saith unto Him, Whence knowest Thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. Nathanael answered and saith unto Him, Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God: THOU ART THE KING OF ISRAEL.”

Here we have Christ presented as “The Lamb of God” going to the tree to be crowned with thorns. We have Him saluted as “The King of Israel,” going to the throne to reign over the House of Israel (Luke 1:33). Israel’s prophets for centuries had foretold Israel’s future history, prophesying concerning “the tree,” “the tribulation” and “the throne.”

When we compare Isaiah 53, where Christ is pictured as the suffering Messiah dying for His Nation, with Isaiah 9:6 and 7, where Christ is seen on the throne of David as a conquering King, reigning in power and glory, we understand something of the two lines of Prophecy concerning Israel’s coming Messiah and King. Some one has referred to Christ as the Lamb on the cross and King on David’s throne, as the crimson and purple lines of Prophecy. Note Hebrews 9:28:

“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”

Note Acts 1:11:

“Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”

THE SON OF MAN GOETH AND COMETH
Now compare Matthew 26:24:

“The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.”

with Matthew 24:30:

“And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

In Matthew 26:24, we read, “the Son of man goeth.” This speaks of Calvary and His suffering.

In Matthew 24:30, we read, “They shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”

Thus we have the story of the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow, which Israel’s prophets told of aforetime. I Peter 1:11.

Nathanael was an Israelite, in whom there was no guile, under the fig tree. Nathanael means “the gift of God.” The fig tree stands for Israel. Nathanael was a guileless Israelite. God is going to send the Lord Jesus to His fig tree.

Note what God is yet to do for Israel according to Ezekiel 36:24 to 29:

“For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you. and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.”

Why will God do this?

Note Ezekiel 36:21 and 22:

“But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.”

Why will Israel be saved when the Deliverer comes out of Zion, according to Romans 11:25 and 26?

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.”

Hear God’s answer:

“For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” Romans 11:29. “For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” Romans 11:27.

God is going to cleanse, sanctify and restore Israel for His own holy name’s sake; because His gifts and calling are without repentance. Then redeemed Israel will be “Nathanael (the gift of God) in whom there is no guile.” And Israel will join with Nathanael, “Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God: Thou art the King of Israel.” John 1:49.

The heaven must retain Jesus Christ until the restitution of all things spoken by the holy prophets since the world began. Acts 3:21.

He will return in the clouds with power and great glory for Israel’s redemption. Luke 21:25 to 33. When? When the fig leaf is tender, “Behold the fig tree and all the trees.”

Yes, the Word became flesh to go to the cross of Calvary and to go to David’s throne.

In the gospel of grace the sinner begins with the death and resurrection of Christ. In all of Paul’s ministry we shall learn that in presenting the gospel of grace he had little to say about the birth and earthly ministry of Jesus Christ.

Christ began His earthly life with His miraculous birth. The sinner begins his spiritual life with his new birth, which is miraculous. Then God’s instructions are found in I Peter 2:2:

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”

The sinner must begin at Calvary. Then he can join with Paul. Galatians 2:20:

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

Note again John 1:14:

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

“Dwelt” should be translated “tabernacled.”

Now note Luke 1:35:

“And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee : therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”

“That Holy Thing” “tabernacled.” In the Old Testament God’s sanctuary for Israel was in the tabernacle.

That “holy thing tabernacled.” There was the gold and the silver, the blue and the purple and the crimson and the white. All spoke of the Lord Jesus Christ. There was the brazen altar, the laver of water, the bread, the light, the altar of incense, the interceding high priest.

Now note in John:

1. Christ is the Lamb of God. John 1:29.

2. In John much is said about water. John 4. John 5:5. In chapter 13 Christ is washing the disciples’ feet.

3. Christ is the Bread of God. John 6:51.

4. Christ is the Light of the world. John 9:5.

5. Christ in John 17 is the interceding highpriest.

Surely the sanctuary and the tabernacle spoke of the Word which became flesh, the Holy God Who tabernacled among us. Thus we see in John’s Gospel we have the record of One Who being a man is making Himself equal with God.

Note John 8:58:

“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

Now note also John 8:24:

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

Here we note that the penalty for not believing that Jesus Christ is the eternal “I AM” means for the unbeliever to die in his sins. In the Gospel of John, Christ calls Himself the “I AM” about twenty times.

CHRIST AND THE WORLD
Note these statements in:

John 1:10: “He was in the world and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.”

John 1:29: “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God, Which taketh away the sin of the world.”

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

John 8:12: “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life.”

John 15:18 and 19: “If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.”

John 12:31: “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.”

The word “world” occurs more than 75 times in John’s Gospel. In that Record we learn that the world belongs to Christ by right of creation and by right of redemption.

Note in Christ’s prayer for His disciples several statements concerning them and the world: “I have manifested Thy name unto the men that Thou gavest Me out of the world; Thine they were and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy Word.” John 17:6.

CHRIST CAME UNTO HIS OWN
Note John 1:10 and 11:

“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.”

In John 1:3 and 1:10, we learn that all things are created by Jesus Christ when He was the Word with God in the beginning. “He came unto His own.” “His own,” here, is neuter and refers to His own world or His own things. “His own received Him not.” “His own,” here, is masculine and refers to His own people; His own nation.

Jehovah was both the Creator and Redeemer of Israel:

“But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name: thou are mine.” Isaiah 43:1. “I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your king.” “This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.”

Isaiah 43:15 and 21. “Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his Redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 44:6.

In the earthly ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His visit to this earth, surely we have the story, “Christ came unto His own and His own received Him not.”

GRACE—THE LAMB OF GOD
Perhaps we noticed the absence of the word “grace” in the Gospel of Matthew. To be sure there was grace in some of the messages of Christ, such as, “Come unto Me and I will give you rest.” But there was also much of law in the Lord’s messages in Matthew.

In this respect there is a great difference in the Gospel of John. In the very first chapter we find Christ rejected by Israel. “He came unto His own and His own received Him not.” John 1:11.

Thus we see that we have in the first chapter of John what we have in the closing chapters of Matthew namely, Israel’s rejection of their Messiah; the Stone rejected by the builders.

--Yet you tell to @Complete "a different story"

It was this rejection by Israel and the death of the Lamb of God that brought in God’s reign of grace through Jesus Christ. Read carefully Romans 11:11 to 15 and Romans 5:20 and 21.

We have already learned that John’s Gospel is filled with messages of grace. But in Romans 8:1 and 2 we have the great “grace” message. “No condemnation in Christ” because of the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus.

Note again John 3:18 and John 6:47:

“He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but He that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me hath everlasting life.”

“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ;” “not condemned;” “hath everlasting life.”

Note again John 6:29:

“Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him Whom He hath sent.”

The first work which God gives to any man is to believe on Him Whom God hath sent.

Surely we must learn this most important lesson, if we would understand John’s Gospel, so radically different from the Synoptics in many respects; namely, that, in applying the grace message of the Gospel of John we must look at Christ as having already been rejected, crucified and raised from the dead, when we begin the very first chapter and read John 1:12. “As many as received Him.”

In no other way can we reconcile the messages of John 1:12 and 3:16 with Matthew 15:24.

Remember the words of the Lord Jesus in Matthew 15:24: “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Here note that Christ is sent only to Israel. But in John 3:16 we find Christ given to the world; that “whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” In John 1:11 Christ is rejected by Israel. In John 1:12, “As many as received Him to them gave He power to become the sons of God.”

You will learn to rightly cutting straight the D'varim of YHVH IF you read the NT and NOT rejecting the 13 Pauline epistles @jeremiah1five

Some teach that the Body of Christ began after God set Israel aside in Acts 28:28, and therefore the hope of resurrection in I Corinthians 15:51, 52; I Thessalonians 4:13 to 17 (given before Acts 28) is not for the Body of Christ. They say our hope is found in Philippians 3:11, 14, 20, 21 and Colossians 3 :4, and claim that these passages teach that our Lord is not coming out of heaven as in I Thessalonians 4, but that we will be called up on high, to meet Christ, not in the air, but in heaven. This theory seems to be contradicted, however, by the very scripture they use. Philippians 3:20 reads: “For our citizenship is in Heaven, from whence (ek ou—out of which, i. e., out of heaven) also we look for (or eagerly await—same word used in Romans 8:19, 23, 25; I Corinthians 1:7; Hebrews 9:28) the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.” It is exactly what the Thessalonians were doing: they were “waiting, for His Son from (ek—out of) heaven” (I Thessalonians 1:10). Christ is now in heaven; we are to wait for Him out of heaven He must descend from heaven as in I Thessalonians 4:16 before Philippians 3:20, 21 can be realized. The day in which the Corinthians and Thessalonian event is to be realized is called “the day of our Lord Jesus Christ” (I Corinthians 1:8), and the one in which the Philippian hope is to be realized is called “the day of Jesus Christ” and the “day of Christ” (Philippians 1:6; Philippians 2:16).
If these are two separate events, then language seems useless in making the distinction. We must, of course, recognize the distinction between His two comings or parousias; for there will first be a parousia or coming “for His saints” (I Thessalonians 4:15; II Thessalonians 2:1) in which the Church takes part; and then there will be the parousia “with His saints” (I Thessalonians 3:13). The former is called a Mystery (I Corinthians 15:51); the latter is the subject of prophecy and not a mystery, being the Second Coming of Christ back to the earth. Our hope is not to die and go to be with Christ in heaven, but to be caught up with Him when He next comes out of heaven, and to ever be with Him where ever He is.​

Subject Heading, 'Who exactly is the Church?'​

'That I may know Him,
and the power of His resurrection,
and the fellowship of His sufferings,
being made conformable unto His death;
If by any means I might attain unto
the resurrection
(exanastasis) of the dead.'
(Php 3:10)

'For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.'

(Col 3:3-4)

Hello Johann, :)

I do not want to derail the subject of the thread, but, as an Acts 28 dispensationalist to whom you refer, I do believe that when Christ Who is our life shall appear, we (the church which is His Body) shall appear with Him in glory.

I do not profess to understand it, nor can I therefore expound or defend it adequately, but I believe it.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I cannot pursue this subject properly here for it will derail the subject of the thread, but, as an Acts 28 dispensationalist, I do believe that when Christ Who is our life shall appear, we (the church which is His Body) shall appear with Him in glory.
THE TRANSFER OF CHURCHES
In the Church of Christ we hear of “Amillenarians,” “Postmillenarians,” “Pre-Tribulation Premillenarians,” and “Post-Tribulation Premillenarians.” But whether a “Post” or a “Pre,” all Christians are dispensationalists. The Premillenarians may have a few more dispensations than the others but the Postmillenarians divide God’s spiritual programs into “The Old Testament” and “The New Testament.”

They invariably start off with the great blunder of teaching that the Old Testament (Covenant) began with the first chapter of Genesis, instead of with the twentieth chapter of Exodus, 2500 years later. God made a new Covenant with Israel in Exodus 20. It became “old” after Christ died.

The Postmillenarians do not agree as to when the New Testament dispensation began. Most of them say, on the day of Pentecost; but many say, in the Book of Matthew. But they all agree that at some definite or indefinite time, the living saints under the Old Covenant became saints under the New Covenant. Therefore there was a transfer from the Old Testament Church into the New Testament Church.

The so-called “Ultra-dispensational Premillenarians teach that the saints, who were alive at the close of the “Acts” period, became members of the Body of Christ, which they teach had its historic beginning after Paul reached Rome. Virtually one hundred per cent of them teach that the Bride of Christ is Israel, or Israelitish. They claim, of course, that the Body of Romans 12:4 and 5 is not identified with the Body of Ephesians 3:6. But the point is, they teach the transfer of Churches. But because of Matthew 19:28 most of them doubt if the twelve apostles ever became members of the Church of the Mystery.

Virtually all of the Premillenarians in the “regular” camp teach that while Jesus of Nazareth was on earth, the Body did not exist, except in the predestinated purpose of God. They know that during the earthly ministry of Christ, many Jews were saved and received kingdom baptism into the kingdom. Their teaching is that these “Kingdom of Heaven” saints became “Church” saints, or members of Christ’s Body, on the day of Pentecost. They at least claim this for the one hundred and twenty of Acts 1:15; although they say nothing about the great number of other Jews and the company of saved Samaritans mentioned in John 4:39 and 41. But the point is, they believe in the transfer either from “the Kingdom” to “the Church,” or from the Old Church to the New Church. All Christians believe in a transfer, whether they begin the Body in Matthew or with John 20, Acts 2, Acts 7, Acts 28, or any other chapter of Acts.

What do you believe? Be a Berean and remember I John 2:27, that the Holy Spirit is the only infallible teacher.

Hi @Complete
Nothing wrong with what you are saying-what a glorious Day that will be!
Shalom to you and precious family.
Johann

If one believes that the Body of Christ began historically with the advent of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost, he is given the right hand of fellowship by the “regular” Fundamentalists. If one believes that the Body of Christ began after the close of the “Acts” period, the “regulars” brand him as an “ultradispensationalist” and from their camp goes up the cry “Bullingerism.”

If one disagrees with both of these groups, he receives the anathema from both directions,
Of course all of these groups believe that the Body of Christ was purposed by God before the foundation of the world and was the secret purpose of God until Christ made known the secret to the apostle Paul.

There are some Christians who think they can prove that the Church of God began with John the Baptist. They support their claim with Luke 16:16: “The law and the prophets were until John since that time the Kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.” They claim this “Kingdom of God” was the Body of Christ, or the New Testament Church.

But the great majority of Christians have definitely fixed Pentecost of Acts Two as the birthday of the Church, and most of them are not only dogmatically opposed to any fellowbelievers, who fix that time of beginning later on, but they ungraciously ridicule, condemn and malign them.

One of their favorite expressions is “divisive teaching.” Many of these condemning brethren, who teach “Premillennialism,” “Eternal Security” and “The Postponement of the Kingdom,” know full well that some spiritual saints consider these doctrines “divisive” and even worse, but they continue to teach what they believe.

We give the Scriptures that are generally used to prove that the Church of God of Acts 2 and the Body of Christ of Ephesians 3:6 are one and the same Church, the New Testament Church which began on the day of Pentecost with Peter and the Eleven and their fellowdisciples, the one hundred and twenty of Acts 1:15.

I Corinthians 12:13
“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one Body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”
Acts 2:4
“And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
Acts 2:38
“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 2:47
“Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the Church daily such as should be saved.”
Galatians 1:13 and 22
“For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the Church of God, and wasted it.” “And was unknown by face to the churches of Judaea which were in Christ.” Also I Corinthians 15:9 and Philippians 3:6.
Acts 9:4
“And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me?”
Acts 11:18
“When they heard these things they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance Unto life.”
Acts 15:14
“Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name.”
Ephesians 2:20
“And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner Stone.”
Ephesians 2:16
“And that He might reconcile both unto God in one Body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby.”
Inasmuch as the twelve apostles received Holy Spirit baptism on the day of Pentecost, and inasmuch as the Church of God is composed of Jews and Gentiles baptized by the Holy Spirit into one Body, the Twelve, and their fellow-disciples, must have been baptized into the Body on the day of Pentecost and they must have been the first members of the New Testament Church, the Church of God which He purchased with His own blood (Acts 20:28), “the Joint- Body” of Ephesians 3:6.

As we open the Gospel of Mark we are introduced to the Lord Jesus Christ at the age of thirty. There we find nothing of the ancestors, birth, or childhood of Jesus, the Son of God. We must turn to Matthew and Luke to learn what little is recorded concerning the birth and childhood of the Holy Child Jesus.​
Let us see how John’s Gospel begins:-​
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.​
The same was in the beginning with God.” John 1:1 and 2.
Nothing here of the human ancestors of Mary the virgin. Nothing here of the birth of the Babe in Bethlehem.​
We read these words in John 1:10, 14 and 18:​
“He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew him not “​
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”​
“No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.”​
The Creator of all things was God in the beginning and now He has become flesh to be the Lamb of God and the King of Israel.
Note John 1:29:​
“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world!”​
And John 1:49:​
“Nathanael answered and saith unto Him, Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God; Thou art the King of Israel.”
The Lamb for sacrifice.—The King to reign in glory.
Here we have the order mentioned in I Peter 1:11, the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow. In Matthew, Mark and Luke, we have Christ as King, first, and then rejected to become the Lamb.
But let us see how this first chapter of John agrees with Philippians 2:5 to 8:
“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:​
Who, being in the form of God,​
thought it not robbery to be equal with God:​
But made Himself of no reputation,​
and took upon Him the form of a servant,​
and was made in the likeness of men:​
And being found in fashion as a man,​
He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death,​
even the death of the cross.”​

Also Hebrews 2:9:​
“But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death,​
crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”​
Now let us read again John 1:29:​
“The next day John seeth Jesus corning unto him, and saith, BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD Which taketh away the sin of the world.”​
John 1:47 to 49:​
“Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom there is no guile!​
Nathanael saith unto Him, Whence knowest Thou me?​
Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.​
Nathanael answered and saith unto Him, Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God: THOU ART THE KING OF ISRAEL.”
Here we have Christ presented as “The Lamb of God” going to the tree to be crowned with thorns.​
We have Him saluted as “The King of Israel,” going to the throne to reign over the House of Israel (Luke 1:33).​
Israel’s prophets for centuries had foretold Israel’s future history, prophesying concerning “the tree,” “the tribulation” and “the throne.”​
When we compare Isaiah 53, where Christ is pictured as the suffering Messiah dying for His Nation, with Isaiah 9:6 and 7, where Christ is seen on the throne of David as a conquering King, reigning in power and glory, we understand something of the two lines of Prophecy concerning Israel’s coming Messiah and King. Someone has referred to Christ as the Lamb on the cross and King on David’s throne, as the crimson and purple lines of Prophecy. Note Hebrews 9:28:

“So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”​

Note Acts 1:11:​
“Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven?​
this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven,​
shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”​
THE SON OF MAN GOETH AND COMETH​
Now compare Matthew 26:24:​
“The Son of man goeth as it is written of Him:​
but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed!​
it had been good for that man if he had not been born.”​

with Matthew 24:30:​
“And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:​
and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn,​
and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven​
with power and great glory.”​

In Matthew 26:24, we read, “the Son of man goeth.” This speaks of Calvary and His suffering.​
In Matthew 24:30, we read, “They shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.”​
Thus we have the story of the sufferings of Christ and the glory that should follow, which Israel’s prophets told of aforetime. I Peter 1:11.​
Nathanael was an Israelite, in whom there was no guile, under the fig tree.​
Nathanael means “the gift of God.” The fig tree stands for Israel.​
Nathanael was a guileless Israelite. God is going to send the Lord Jesus to His fig tree.​
Note what God is yet to do for Israel according to Ezekiel 36:24 to 29:
“For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you. and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.”​
Why will God do this?​

Note Ezekiel 36:21 and 22:-​
“But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.​
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel,​
but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.”​
Why will Israel be saved when the Deliverer comes out of Zion, according to Romans 11:25 and 26?​
“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits,​
that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved:​
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.”​
Hear God’s answer:​
“For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” Romans 11:29.​
“For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” Romans 11:27.​
God is going to cleanse, sanctify and restore Israel for His own holy name’s sake; because His gifts and calling are without repentance.​

Then redeemed Israel will be “Nathanael (the gift of God) in whom there is no guile.”​
And Israel will join with Nathanael in saying, “Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God: Thou art the King of Israel.” John 1:49.
The heaven must retain Jesus Christ until the restitution of all things spoken by the holy prophets since the world began. Acts 3:21.​
He will return in the clouds with power and great glory for Israel’s redemption. Luke 21:25 to 33.​
When? When the fig leaf is tender, “Behold the fig tree and all the trees.”​
Yes, the Word became flesh to go to the cross of Calvary and to go to David’s throne.​
In the gospel of grace the sinner begins with the death and resurrection of Christ. In all of Paul’s ministry we shall learn that in presenting the gospel of grace he had little to say about the birth and earthly ministry of Jesus Christ.​
Christ began His earthly life with His miraculous birth. The sinner begins his spiritual life with his new birth, which is miraculous.​

Then God’s instructions are found in I Peter 2:2:-​
“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”​
The sinner must begin at Calvary. Then he can join with Paul. Galatians 2:20:-​
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:​
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,​
Who loved me, and gave himself for me.”​
Note again John 1:14:​
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,​
(and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)​
full of grace and truth.”​
Dwelt” should be translated “tabernacled.”​
Now note Luke 1:35:​
“And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee :​
therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.”​
“That Holy Thing” “tabernacled.” - In the Old Testament God’s sanctuary for Israel was in the tabernacle.​
That “holy thing tabernacled.” There was the gold and the silver, the blue and the purple and the crimson and the white. All spoke of the Lord Jesus Christ. There was the brazen altar, the laver of water, the bread, the light, the altar of incense, the interceding high priest.​
Now note in John:-​
1. Christ is the Lamb of God. John 1:29.​
2. In John much is said about water. John 4. John 5:5. In chapter 13 Christ is washing the disciples’ feet.​
3. Christ is the Bread of God. John 6:51.
4. Christ is the Light of the world. John 9:5.
5. Christ in John 17 is the interceding High-Priest.​
Surely the sanctuary and the tabernacle spoke of the Word which became flesh, the Holy God Who tabernacled among us.​

Thus we see in John’s Gospel we have the record of One Who being a man is making Himself equal with God.​
Note John 8:58:-​
“Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily,​
I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”​
Now note also John 8:24:-
“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins:​
for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins.”​
Here we note that the penalty for not believing that Jesus Christ is the eternal “I AM” means for the unbeliever to die in his sins.​

In the Gospel of John, Christ calls Himself the “I AM” about twenty times.​

CHRIST AND THE WORLD
Note these statements in:​

John 1:10: “He was in the world and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.”​
John 1:29: “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold, the Lamb of God, Which taketh away the sin of the world.”​
John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”​
John 8:12: “Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the Light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life.”​
John 15:18 &19: “If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. If ye were of the world the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.”​
John 12:31: “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.”​

The word “world” occurs more than 75 times in John’s Gospel.​
In that Record we learn that the world belongs to Christ by right of creation and by right of redemption.​

Note in Christ’s prayer for His disciples several statements concerning them and the world:-​
“I have manifested Thy name unto the men that Thou gavest Me out of the world;​
Thine they were and Thou gavest them Me; and they have kept Thy Word.” John 17:6.

Praise God!

Thank you, @Johann.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom