What is a "Salvation Issue"?

Hello @brightfame52,

That is your thinking, not mine.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
It appears to be your thinking, who posted this ?

Hello @Doug Brents,

I have no 'issue' with SALVATION. It is a finished work, accomplished by the Lord Jesus Christ by His death and resurrection. God has reconciled the world unto Himself, and it is for each individual to receive the fruit of that reconciliation, which is peace with God: by coming to Him in simple faith in the efficacy of the sacrificial offering that the Lord Jesus Christ has made, by dying in our place; taking upon Himself the penalty for our sin, that we may be declared, 'not guilty' and receive the gift of life from God through Him.

There are two sides to this, and both of them are correct.
1: Jesus' death and resurrection, by itself, is sufficient to cover the sin of every single person who has ever and will ever live. His gift is infinite, but our sin in finite. Even if our sin were a solid of the densest, hardest material the size of the whole universe, that were just a drop in the ocean of Jesus' forgiveness.
2: Only those who accept Jesus' forgiveness receive His forgiveness. He does not force His forgiveness on those who do not want it. None of us deserve His forgiveness, but we must do what He says leads to us receiving His forgiveness to get it.

What did Jesus say to the Church in Laodicea?
"Those whom I love, I rebuke and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me."
Jesus stands outside our heart, outside our life, and He is knocking on the door. IF, not when, but IF anyone hears His voice and opens the door (an action real or metaphorical) that man takes, then He will come in and have a restored, reconciled relationship with the one who opened the door. We can certainly close the door and keep Jesus out of our heart, and thus remain in condemnation for eternity.

What did Jesus say to Nicodemus? God loved the whole world so much that He gave His Son, so that anyone who has faith in Jesus will be saved from eternal death to eternal life.

There are so many more. We don't receive His forgiveness without any action on our part.
Yes its by faith that we receive the benefit of His atonement for sin. Its unbelief that keeps one from its benefit and remains condemned.

John 3
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Yes its by faith that we receive the benefit of His atonement for sin. Its unbelief that keeps one from its benefit and remains condemned.

John 3
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
Amen! John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Amen! John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who (is not water baptized? - NO) does not believe is condemned already, because he has not (been water baptized? - NO) because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
I totally and absolutely agree with what you're saying. I will say this though if someone won't be water baptized they've got some serious explaining to the Lord to do as to why they were not once they get to heaven. Some I believe mistakenly exult from a precise spiritually legal standpoint they don't have to get baptized but in order to be considered an obedient child of God that does not grieve the heart of God they should be.

And water baptism is not a thing God has instituted as an instruction for his sake by the way.....BUT FOR OUR SAKE. It's similar to communion that's for our sake not necessarily for his. What these things are meant to do is effect our consciousness all throughout out lives. When it comes to baptism when any time in the future one feels the temptation to sin they in their minds are to reflect back and say and remember,

No when I received Christ my old man died the death of the cross.....and the old man was buried. He's dead he's gone, but now I'm a new man in Christ Jesus with the life and nature of God within.

There is a reason too he tells one to get this done right away after receiving Christ is so that for pretty much right away you have this image in your consciousness that the old man was buried (water a type of death) but ALSO RISEN to new life. But can one be saved without being baptized in the physicals water? I'd say yes but they're walking out their spiritual life in a very awkward way which is not the will of God.

John 3
Please define "belief/believed" etc. in this verse. What does that word mean?

Please define "belief/believed" etc. in this verse. What does that word mean?
4100. pisteuó
4100. pisteuó
Strong's Concordance
pisteuó: to believe, entrust​
Original Word: πιστεύω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: pisteuó
Phonetic Spelling: (pist-yoo'-o)
Definition: to believe, entrust
Usage: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.
HELPS Word-studies
4100 pisteúō (from 4102 /pístis, "faith," derived from 3982 /peíthō, "persuade, be persuaded") – believe (affirm, have confidence); used of persuading oneself (= human believing) and with the sacred significance of being persuaded by the Lord (= faith-believing)

4100. pisteuó
Strong's Concordance
pisteuó: to believe, entrust​
Original Word: πιστεύω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: pisteuó
Phonetic Spelling: (pist-yoo'-o)
Definition: to believe, entrust
Usage: I believe, have faith in, trust in; pass: I am entrusted with.
HELPS Word-studies
4100 pisteúō (from 4102 /pístis, "faith," derived from 3982 /peíthō, "persuade, be persuaded") – believe (affirm, have confidence); used of persuading oneself (= human believing) and with the sacred significance of being persuaded by the Lord (= faith-believing)
Thank you.
This is not what most people who speak modern English think of when we say the word "believe". Pisteuo means faith.

Now, what is faith?

Thank you.
This is not what most people who speak modern English think of when we say the word "believe". Pisteuo means faith.

Now, what is faith?
Thankfully, the Bible contains a clear definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Simply put, the biblical definition of faith is “trusting in something you cannot explicitly prove

This definition of faith contains two aspects: intellectual assent and trust. Intellectual assent is believing something to be true. Trust is actually relying on the fact that the something is true. A chair is often used to help illustrate this. Intellectual assent is recognizing that a chair is a chair and agreeing that it is designed to support a person who sits on it. Trust is actually sitting in the chair.

Understanding these two aspects of faith is crucial. Many people believe certain facts about Jesus Christ. Many people will intellectuallyagree with the facts the Bible declares about Jesus. But knowing those facts to be true is not what the Bible means by “faith.” The biblical definition of faith requires intellectual assent to the facts and trust in the facts.

Believing that Jesus is God incarnate who died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and was resurrected is not enough. Even the demons “believe” in God and acknowledge those facts (cf. James 2:19). We must personally and fully rely on the death of Christ as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. We must “sit in the chair” of the salvation that Jesus Christ has provided. This is saving faith. The faith God requires of us for salvation is belief in what the Bible says about who Jesus is and what He accomplished and fully trusting in Jesus for that salvation (Acts 16:31). Biblical faith is always accompanied by repentance (Matthew 21:32; Mark 1:15).

The biblical definition of faith does not apply only to salvation. It is equally applicable to the rest of the Christian life. We are to believe what the Bible says, and we are to obey it. We are to believe the promises of God, and we are to live accordingly. We are to agree with the truth of God’s Word, and we are to allow ourselves to be transformed by it (Romans 12:2).

Why is this definition of faith so important? Why must trust accompany agreeing with facts? Because “without faith, it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). Without faith, we cannot be saved (John 3:16). Without faith, the Christian life cannot be what God intends it to be (John 10:10).Got?’s

hope this helps !!!

Thankfully, the Bible contains a clear definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Simply put, the biblical definition of faith is “trusting in something you cannot explicitly prove
That is a very bad translation. The more proper translation of Heb 11:1 is "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." The NASB says, "a proof of things not seen." Faith is the proof of the things we cannot see.
This definition of faith contains two aspects: intellectual assent and trust. Intellectual assent is believing something to be true. Trust is actually relying on the fact that the something is true. A chair is often used to help illustrate this. Intellectual assent is recognizing that a chair is a chair and agreeing that it is designed to support a person who sits on it. Trust is actually sitting in the chair.
Exactly. The chair does not provide any relief from the pain in our feet if we remain standing just intellectually recognizing that the chair could provide relief. It only relieves our hurting feet when we trust our weight to the chair and sit in it.

This is the same thing we see in salvation. Before we can receive the salvation that Jesus offers, we MUST both intellectually recognize that He is the only source of salvation, AND we must do the things He said are required to receive His salvation.
Understanding these two aspects of faith is crucial. Many people believe certain facts about Jesus Christ. Many people will intellectually agree with the facts the Bible declares about Jesus. But knowing those facts to be true is not what the Bible means by “faith.” The biblical definition of faith requires intellectual assent to the facts and trust in the facts.

Believing that Jesus is God incarnate who died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins and was resurrected is not enough. Even the demons “believe” in God and acknowledge those facts (cf. James 2:19). We must personally and fully rely on the death of Christ as the atoning sacrifice for our sins. We must “sit in the chair” of the salvation that Jesus Christ has provided. This is saving faith. The faith God requires of us for salvation is belief in what the Bible says about who Jesus is and what He accomplished and fully trusting in Jesus for that salvation (Acts 16:31). Biblical faith is always accompanied by repentance (Matthew 21:32; Mark 1:15).
Repentance is just one of the prerequisites for receiving salvation. Repentance must come before we receive salvation (Acts 3:19), because it is done "so that your sins may be wiped away", and "in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord". Confession of Jesus as Lord also "results in" our receiving salvation. As does baptism, "in which you were also raised with Him". It is in baptism that we die to sin, and are united with Christ.
The biblical definition of faith does not apply only to salvation. It is equally applicable to the rest of the Christian life. We are to believe what the Bible says, and we are to obey it. We are to believe the promises of God, and we are to live accordingly. We are to agree with the truth of God’s Word, and we are to allow ourselves to be transformed by it (Romans 12:2).

Why is this definition of faith so important? Why must trust accompany agreeing with facts? Because “without faith, it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). Without faith, we cannot be saved (John 3:16). Without faith, the Christian life cannot be what God intends it to be (John 10:10).Got?’s

hope this helps !!!
And without faith, we do not even enter into relationship with God; we do not receive forgiveness except through the exhibited faith in obedience to God's commands.

All of what you describe here are examples of what may or may not be a salvation issue. But that does not help us define the term "salvation issue". What would you say is the proper definition of the term?
SInce the phrase "salvation issue" is not a Biblical phrase, it just comes down to what you mean by the phrase, or what a partcular Christian or church means by it. It sounds like saying there are some issues that could hinder or help salvation.

'Ye worship ye know not what:
we know what we worship:
for salvation is of the Jews.'

(John 4:22)

'Be it known therefore unto you,
that the salvation of God
is sent unto the Gentiles,

and that they will hear it'.'

(Act 28:28)

Hello there, :)

* Between the words of our Lord Jesus Christ to the Syrophoenician woman, and Paul's declaration at the end of Acts 28 to the Jews of the diaspora, over 40 years later: The Lord fulfilled His purpose, by doing the will of His Father, dying upon the cross: and being raised again, thereby destroyed the works of the Devil, and delivered all. who will place their trust in Him, from the consequence of sin, which is death and the grave.

* The ministry of Christ was rejected, and the second ministry of Paul, the Apostle of the risen Christ to the Gentiles, was also rejected by those that heard it (see 2 Tim. 1:15). Many today have never heard the content of that second ministry of Paul: Are not even aware that He had two ministries ( Acts 26:16) to fulfil from the risen Christ; For the prison epistles of Paul, are rarely referred to, and if so, are not identified as the revelation of God relating to the Church which is the Body of Christ specifically.

* Those prison epistles are seven in all:- (Eph. Phil. Col. 1 & 2 Tim. Titus and Philemon). The truth of which was 'hid in God' (Eph. 3:9) until revealed to Paul after Acts 28: Is not the subject of any other part of Scripture, therefore unsearchable (Eph. 3:8), except in those seven epistles.​

'Unto me, (Paul)
who am less than the least of all saints,
is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles
the unsearchable riches of Christ;'

(Eph 3:8)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus by God's grace (1 Cor. 1:30-31).
Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom