Was Jesus learning to be like his Father?

MatthewG

Hello to you and welcome,

This question pertains to "was Jesus learning to become like his Father?"

While I am of the firm standing belief, that Yeshua, is noted as the Lord God Almighty, however this title, is only noted in the Revelation.

Before, in the Old Testament the only title known is Gen_17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. Almighty God. The Prophet Isaiah prophecies about Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Of a time which the Son of God would come, and also be seen as the mighty God.

Something to note is that before being sent down from heaven by the Father, the Word of God, was with the Father ever since the beginning, and the holy spirit of God was hovering above the face of the deep. Considering the Word having left the former state, now being born in the Flesh of Yeshua, and the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit resides within Jesus to help him over come things in the flesh that come as a temptation which led away from doing the Fathers will. It seems that was Jesus main stay, while reading John last night, there are very interesting conversations going on, Jesus was primarily focused on doing his Fathers will. This is where the question comes in, considering that Jesus is now living on earth, which the Word was used to being there in heaven near the Father, which in turn makes Jesus also now the right-hand man of God. However, when all things were said to be overcame, there was a mention noted by Paul about what would happen.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

Jesus would reign, until all enemies are placed under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For when this happened, the until part remains. Today, I believe all enemies have been placed under his feed, and that death has been destroyed, and when all things are placed under his feet. That does not mean that God is put under Jesus, who put all things under him. Now, I am not sure what you believe when it comes to the name of God, but Yahava is a choice that I use, and Yahava is the God Almighty, He is the Father, and He sent His Word who was his Son, and all things were subjected underneath him as all enemies today have been conquered over. You can see here that the Son and the Father have their place, and the Son is not over the Father

While Jesus was going in his life, and doing the very will of the Father despite his own will (all while enjoying company, fellowship, having sadness over loss, helping others, feeding, and washing the feet of his disciples). Was Jesus learning to become like his Father?

Because there is a promise made, in Revelation which Jesus speaks,

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

To those in Laodicea, those who heard the knock, and let Yeshua in, those who would overcome would be granted to sit with him in his throne (right hand of God), even as I also overcame (he has overcame), and am set down with my Father in his throne.

With this, in the very next chapter you have the word that was mentioned in the first sentence, the title "Lord God Almighty" this is my overview of the subject at hand, hope that you consider what is written and that perhaps anyone who has comments would like to share. I could be right, I could be wrong, may the Holy spirit of God guide.

Let me also add the final touch, with using Revelation 4, and let's just see what is there.

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

John, probably going through a vision here, looked, a door was opened in heaven (this reminds me of when Jesus was baptized by John - and heaven was opened)

and the first voice which I heard was as it were a trumpet talking with me; (what a weird sound to hear, and the first voice is talking saying to John,

Come up here, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter. Who is the first voice?

Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

And immediately John says that he was in the spirit; and behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Now you are seeing a vision here of a throne, and there is only one sitting on it. It was in heaven, and John is beholding this sight.

Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper, and a sardine stone; (elements that I am not sure about to consider); and there was a rainbow round the throne (symbolism for peace? When God sent the Rainbow to signify the peace that he desired with all mankind, and this has been made possible because of his Son, who chose to do his will. With the rainbow all around the throne, which there was one who was sitting there, in sight like unto an emerald.

Rev 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

And round about the throne were four and twenty seats; and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of God, do not know who these elders are, all that is know is there are seats that around sitting around the one throne, with one who sits upon it, and there is no mention of any other throne on the right hand of God here. They were all dressed in white raiment, and they had on their heads crowns of God (Crown of life?)

Rev 4:5 And out of the throne proceeded lightning and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

And out of the throne which is in heaven, proceeded lightings, and thundering's, and voices; and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. What these seven spirits of God are? I don't know, what this could be.

Rev 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

And before the throne which proceeded lightings and thunderings and voices, there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, with the rainbow, jasper, emerald. There were four beasts full of eyes before and behind (scary scene here John sees, seems shocking.)

Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the four beast was like a flying eagle, (there is a lot to digest here.)

Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

And the four beast had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within; and they rest not day and night, saying Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was and is and is to come.

Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

And those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who lives forever and ever.

Rev 4:10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

The fourty and twenty elders who were around the throne, dressed in white, and sitting in chairs, fall down before him who is sitting on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne saying,

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Thou are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou has created all things, and for thy pleasure they were created.

Did the Son, who got to sit with his Father, become one again just like they were before in the beginning, of God, become the Lord God Almighty, having to learn from his Father, to do his will, and to subject himself obedient until death, holding up the law, for all people, overcoming Satan, demons, sin, all things including death. And the Son gave everything back to his Father, in order that God be all in all, and that with this Yahava, the God of Israel, has been able to reconcile the world back to what Adam had lost in the Garden of Eden, in making peace, and being able to allow people to make their choices as they go about life.

Thank you for viewing.

i wouldn't call God's nature DNA

Christ has the nature of Him

whereas nature here is not of Him
.. it is the fallen matrix dna type
physicality = satanic

Dont Fathers and Sons tend to learn from one another? Jesus flesh, was by no means God. However within the flesh was the Word of God, and the Holy Spirit of God. That is why Jesus is named Immanuel because he was God with them (as the Word of God) but not by the flesh.

The Flesh of Jesus had to be learned to be sudued, and Jesus used his will, in order to do his Fathers will; and Jesus talks about how the Father works and the Son works, that is why overcoming was something which granted the Son to sit with His Father.

So, maybe some people dont see some learning involved, I believe that Jesus learned, and he taught, he learned what the fathers will was and he did those works on his behalf.

Thank you for voicing that Diz. Jesus was born under the law, there was standards which Jesus did abide and fulfill which no other person could. And that is why it is amazing now today, that the very same spirit that rose Christ up lives in us today to help us overcome darkness with light.

Thank you for voicing that Diz. Jesus was born under the law, there was standards which Jesus did abide and fulfill which no other person could. And that is why it is amazing now today, that the very same spirit that rose Christ up lives in us today to help us overcome darkness with light.

Amen! The same Spirit!

Does anyone find the information of any use?
To be honest, since you asked I'd prefer you write much shorter posts that engage the reader in a conversation. Long diatribes tend to be ineffective.

I don't think anyone taking a posture of being on high bestowing the reader with information is very effective. All it is, is your humble analysis. Are you open to criticism of your analysis or do you want it summarily accepted as "information?"

Way to hi-jack the thread.

Name one son—anywhere—that doesn't have his father's DNA.

But, but, but, but, the lengths people gooooo.
I just did. And I can name another, Adam.

The Bible is simply silent on some things. Let it remain a mystery. There is no reason to interject our rationalization. God is spirit and Jesus is flesh. Spirit does not have DNA for that is flesh.

Why not just let it remain a mystery what God does that is not explicitly revealed in Scripture?

Someone once told me, its the faith that Jesus had in His Father and his overall will, to make and set forth a heavenly kingdom which is now today established forever, with gates that never close, having all mankind reconciled back to God because of being in Christ to help (Jesus) learn his will and also to fulfil the law, and the propheices of the prophets, in which allows all people now to be able to partake in the death, burial, and resurrection becoming adopted by Yahava, the Father, God Almighty, as a child of his because of partaking in faith, newness of life is produced, by Christ now in you, the hope of glory.

The whole narrative, and the context of the Bible as a whole is need of consideration, starting with the fall of mankind, and ending in restoration; though all of us live in a fallen world, God is pleased with everyone being reconciled to himself, which allows anyone who decides to trust God in their life and look to him, God is then pleased seeing people trust him in faith, and he rewards those who diligently seek after thr LORD.

Everything today revovles around trusting Yahava, day by day, having a relationship, and also fellowshiping with Him and also His Son, Jesus, who words which he had spoke are spirit and life; telling of many things which all should be encouraged to look into; including things that mentioned in Revelation; as hard as it can be to read its worth looking over and really consider what is being shared by John, which is a revelation made know to Jesus; when his time had come nearer to approach and save the generation of the tweleve tribes and some gentiles to be rescued when he would return and have gathered the bride saving them from the wrath of God which included the destruction of Israel, as Gods first bride.

Because of victory, over all things, death (even second death), sheol or hell, satan, the false prophet, the beast, and all things being placed beneath Jesus feet, it seems the Father allows His Son to return to his achieved glory, becoming once again, with the Father as the Word of God known as the Lord God Almighty.

The Garden of eden state has been obtained because of the Lord Jesus Christ, and his Faith in His Father to achieve he goal which has always been for the good of mankind, in which all from the farthests parts of earth to the nearest Gods glory is spoken of through the creation which was created by the very Word of God which was spoken, since “Let there be light.”

To be honest, since you asked I'd prefer you write much shorter posts that engage the reader in a conversation. Long diatribes tend to be ineffective.

I don't think anyone taking a posture of being on high bestowing the reader with information is very effective. All it is, is your humble analysis. Are you open to criticism of your analysis or do you want it summarily accepted as "information?"
The only choice is to read throughly and then respond. Its something that has been learned over time, and sure there might be something wrong, its just a subjective view, which is to a curious question.

Last post is here https://berean-apologetics.communit...earning-to-be-like-his-father.1117/post-37316

When it comes dna, I dont see the point of even mentioning it. Jesus dna was of the flesh, a Nazarene, that had shed his blood for the sins of the world. There is no such thing as God dna. The only ones I know of is God, Gods Holy Spirit, and Gods Word. Gods Word was sent down from heaven, and not of earth. The Word became Flesh, meaning within the flesh; the Word of God was as the soul, attached to the flesh from within, which was Jesus who had a mind, will, emotion. Upon the Baptism of Jesus, the Holy Spirit of God, then was upon Him, and from within Jesus by his flesh was helped by the Word, the Holy Spirit of God, and praying to His Father, all while being Immanuel, which is God with us.

Because of the Word of God within Jesus, Jesus was the very image expression of Gods heart, his Word, which was his Love for all mankind, and desire to all be reconciled to him, if they have faith or not; they must decide.

I dont see the need to use Dna anywhere, because Jesus was by defintion a Nazarene that would have been his flesh dna, there is no such thing as spiritual dna, though He had all that going on from within Him, doing the Works of the Father.

Last post here https://berean-apologetics.communit...earning-to-be-like-his-father.1117/post-37316

Jesus was not learning

Jesus as His Son
has eden nature
the nature of God's paradise

just as soon many
sons and daughters upon this earth
will be restored to their original eden nature
and to eden and
will be with God again

which is the entire purpose of His scroll
(all His words to us since we fell)
which is the unsealed vision....