Those who deny the Lord Jesus is God (=YHWH) are not saved (2 Corinthians 11:4)

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by it, and without it, was made nothing that was made. In it was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darknesse, and the darknesse comprehendeth it not.”

(John 1:1-5, Bishops’ Bible, 1568)

@synergy I’ve now presented you with four English translations (Geneva Bible, Tyndale Bible, Great Bible and Bishops’ Bible) which render the Greek in the same way. I will be presenting you with more.
What about all the other translations? Why are you ignoring them? Me, I'm willing to explore why your four disregarded Greek grammar; whereas, you have not so much as hinted at wondering why the other ones got Greek grammar right. That's a major difference between us. I'm willing to explore and exercise critical thinking. Why don't you?

You possess the language skills necessary to find out why the trinitarian scholars translated the passage in the way that they did. I’m embarrassed for you that you think they were “grammar illiterates”.

It should soon begin dawning on you, if it hasn’t already, that these highly skilled trinitarian translators - none of whom are “grammar illiterates” - see something in the passage that you don’t. I encourage you to seek out why they translated the passage in the manner that they did. It won’t cause you to abandon trinitarianism - it certainly didn’t cause the translators to abandon trinitarianism - and you’ll be blessed by it when you do.
I'll keep mentioning the following to you until I get some semblance of a counterargument or a critical thought from you:

Permit me the honor of introducing you to the Word of God. Do tell us how an "it" can ride a horse, have eyes, have a head, wear a crown, wear a garment, etc... This should be interesting....

Rev 19:11 And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war.
Rev 19:12 And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself.
Rev 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, so that with it He should strike the nations. And He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And He has on His garment, and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

I'm not saying you are, but a gospel that doesn't include He rose from the dead is a false gospel.
We must go back to the gospel and what the scriptures teach about the good news of Jesus death, burial and resurrection as defined in 1 Corinthians 15.

1 Corinthians 15:17- And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

The passage declares if Christ is not risen, raised from the dead, resurrected then our faith is in vain and we are still dead in our sins. We are saved by His life/Resurrection not His death.

His death atoned for sin but does not give life.

Romans 4:24-25
but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Paul declares in Romans 5:10 the following: For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Cf Acts 17:31.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

What about all the other translations? Why are you ignoring them?

I’m not ignoring them. I know what they say and I know why the translators render it as they do.

Me, I'm willing to explore why your four disregarded Greek grammar …

That’s commendable. What have you learned so far in your exploration?

… whereas, you have not so much as hinted at wondering why the other ones got Greek grammar right.

I don’t wonder why. I know why.

That's a major difference between us. I'm willing to explore and exercise critical thinking. Why don't you?

There are major differences between us, but that’s not one of them.

I'll keep mentioning the following to you until I get some semblance of a counterargument or a critical thought from you:

Permit me the honor of introducing you to the Word of God. Do tell us how an "it" can ride a horse, have eyes, have a head, wear a crown, wear a garment, etc... This should be interesting....

Rev 19:11 And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war.
Rev 19:12 And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself.
Rev 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, so that with it He should strike the nations. And He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And He has on His garment, and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Your disrespect for me is enormous. Your misunderstanding of me is immense.

My college professors called the type of question you‘re asking me a “DD“ question.

Do you know what the “DD“ stands for?

If you’ll ask me the “DD” question just one more time, I’ll give you the answer. Scout’s honor.

My college professors called the type of question you‘re asking me a “DD“ question.

If you’ll ask me the “DD” question just one more time, I’ll give you the answer. Scout’s honor.
I have no idea what DD stands for. Anyways, I'll take you up on your offer that you would reply to Rev 19:11-16 if I asked you one more time. Those verses are central to who exactly John is talking about in John 1. From those verses it can be clearly seen that the proper pronoun for the Word of God is definitely not "it". To call the Word of God an "it" shows that "your disrespect for [the Word of God] is immense".

Divine Determinism ?

I have no idea what DD stands for. Anyways, I'll take you up on your offer that you would reply to Rev 19:11-16 if I asked you one more time. Those verses are central to who exactly John is talking about in John 1. From those verses it can be clearly seen that the proper pronoun for the Word of God is definitely not "it". To call the Word of God an "it" shows that "your disrespect for [the Word of God] is immense".
Hello synergy,

I do not find anyone saying that the Word of God, that it, came down when the holy spirit overshadowed Mary, and had become born into flesh, offensive. I do not find anyone saying the Holy Spirit, it is what is sent from the Father by Jesus, either. It doesn't show disrepect for the bible at all, it just how you define something you can fully explain. The Holy spirit, can be an it, because it's non-gender anyway looking into the greek, and the Word of God, can be described as an it cause all you have is in the beginning, God said let there be light, and I don't know how to describe what the "Word of God" looked like. It's just like the words, used in language when you and me speak to each other. It is words, being spoken.

to all,
what our brother @Matthias is missing is the UNDERSTANDING of "WITH" in John 1:1b and was God in John 1:1c.

God is the "ECHAD" of HIM-SELF. when he, GOD, created and made all things he was "ALONE", Per Isaiah 44:23 via Genesis 1.
if God was "ALONE", and BY-HIMSELF the Person here in John 1:1-3 is God "HIM-SELF", per Isaiah 63:5.

the Geneva bible was in ERROR, in not understanding God as the "ECHAD" of HIM-SELF. this is just too easy not to understand.

101G.

Hello synergy,

I do not find anyone saying that the Word of God, that it, came down when the holy spirit overshadowed Mary, and had become born into flesh, offensive. I do not find anyone saying the Holy Spirit, it is what is sent from the Father by Jesus, either. It doesn't show disrepect for the bible at all, it just how you define something you can fully explain. The Holy spirit, can be an it, because it's non-gender anyway looking into the greek, and the Word of God, can be described as an it cause all you have is in the beginning, God said let there be light, and I don't know how to describe what the "Word of God" looked like. It's just like the words, used in language when you and me speak to each other. It is words, being spoken.
What if you called your mother or wife an "it"? See my point? It's the Dog House for you.

Funny DD explanations by @civic .

Back
Top Bottom