Those who deny the Lord Jesus is God (=YHWH) are not saved (2 Corinthians 11:4)

Please explain what you mean when you wrote "I don't really have a problem with "it.""

I see gender as a strictly human construct.

If there were a ghost in the room and people were holding a seance, someone can say "It is here," without meaning to depersonalize the entity.

The reason we see "it" as an insult, is because a lot of relational use is to depersonalize someone into an object.

For example, if you hate someone or find them ugly, you say "Look at 'it' over there in the corner all alone."

So the intent to insult does not follow the necessary grammatical meaning.

I see God as genderless essentially since "He" is Spirit, and the gender pronouns are meant to be symbolic.

If there were a ghost in the room and people were holding a seance, someone can say "It is here," without meaning to depersonalize the entity.

The reason we see "it" as an insult, is because a lot of relational use is to depersonalize someone into an object.

For example, if you hate someone or find them ugly, you say "Look at 'it' over there in the corner all alone."

I see God as genderless essentially since "He" is Spirit, and the gender pronouns are meant to be symbolic.
This goes beyond beyond a question of gender. Like you said, the pronoun "it" can be used to depersonalize or alienate a person. The depersonalization of the Word of God is exactly what Unitarians seek and this opening gives them the excuse to do exactly that. No, that viral thinking of theirs stops here. This is D Day for the Trinitarians.

What if you called your mother or wife an "it"? See my point? It's the Dog House for you.

Funny DD explanations by @civic .

That doesn't make sense, but calling a Child an it sometimes is used in the english language. "It died" The child died during birth or whatever. Idk I don't have a problem with it personally but it may something you personally find a problem with, cause mother or wife doesn't make sense to me, Synergy. That was not even what was talked about in the post but it's okay, it's a subjective personal issue.

All the best to you, as I love you no matter what you may say, but I do like to provide information if possible that is only considerable no one should ever trust me, nor people on the internet at all for that matter.

May your fellowship be with Yahava, and the Son of God.

I have no idea what DD stands for.

You didn’t ask what it means, but I’ll tell you anyway.

Before I do, why did I ask you to ask me the question just one more time? The professor explained:

The first time someone asks you a DD question, don’t answer it. If the questioner asks you the DD question the second time, don’t answer it. And if the questioner asks you the DD question a third time, don’t answer it, think of the Trinity, and ask the persistent questioner to ask the DD question just one more time.

I followed his formula and you, being a man of your word, asked the DD question one more time.

Now the first time I saw the professor write “DD?” on the blackboard, I wasn’t sure what he had up his sleeve; but I was suspicious. In academic circles, “DD” is a common acronym for “Doctor of Divinity”. But that’s not what a DD question is.

A DD question, according to my professor, is … are you ready for this?

A DD question is a “Dumb Donkey“ question. It’s so bad that only a dumb donkey would ask it.

Your question - Do tell us how an “it” can ride a horse, have eyes, have a head, wear a crown, wear a garment, etc.? - is a DD question. It assumes that I believe that such a thing. It’s absurd.

An “it” doesn’t ride a horse, have eyes, have a head, wear a crown, wear a garment, etc. A human person does.

Anyways, I'll take you up on your offer that you would reply to Rev 19:11-16 if I asked you one more time. Those verses are central to who exactly John is talking about in John 1.

It is in your theology.

From those verses it can be clearly seen that the proper pronoun for the Word of God is definitely not "it".

You obviously still haven’t discovered why the trinitarian scholars rendered it that way.

To call the Word of God an "it" shows that "your disrespect for [the Word of God] is immense".

The word of God is never a person in the Hebrew Bible. The word of God is an “It”. For example, see Isaiah 55:11.

This goes beyond beyond a question of gender. Like you said, the pronoun "it" can be used to depersonalize or alienate a person. The depersonalization of the Word of God is exactly what Unitarians seek and this opening gives them the excuse to do exactly that. No, that viral thinking of theirs stops here. This is D Day for the Trinitarians.

Had you attempted to hazard a guess about what a DD question is, I would have awarded you a D grade just for making for making the effort.

You didn’t ask what it means, but I’ll tell you anyway.

Before I do, why did I ask you to ask me the question just one more time? The professor explained:

The first time someone asks you a DD question, don’t answer it. If the questioner asks you the DD question the second time, don’t answer it. And if the questioner asks you the DD question a third time, don’t answer it, think of the Trinity, and ask the persistent questioner to ask the DD question just one more time.

I followed his formula and you, being a man of your word, asked the DD question one more time.

Now the first time I saw the professor write “DD?” on the blackboard, I wasn’t sure what he had up his sleeve; but I was suspicious. In academic circles, “DD” is a common acronym for “Doctor of Divinity”. But that’s not what a DD question is.

A DD question, according to my professor, is … are you ready for this?

A DD question is a “Dumb Donkey“ question. It’s so bad that only a dumb donkey would ask it.

Your question - Do tell us how an “it” can ride a horse, have eyes, have a head, wear a crown, wear a garment, etc.? - is a DD question. It assumes that I believe that such a thing. It’s absurd.

An “it” doesn’t ride a horse, have eyes, have a head, wear a crown, wear a garment, etc. A human person does.
The Word of God is a person. We're getting somewhere here. Next step is to acknowledge that He is uncreated per John 1:3. Can you understand that or should we go through this DD exercise again?
It is in your theology.
You obviously still haven’t discovered why the trinitarian scholars rendered it that way.
Rev 19:11-16 is one solid reason.
The word of God is never a person in the Hebrew Bible. The word of God is an “It”. For example, see Isaiah 55:11.
The Word of God appeared several times to OT Prophets. They're called Theophanies. Do we have to go through another DD exercise before you acknowledge that?

The Word of God is a person. We're getting somewhere here. Next step is to acknowledge that He is uncreated per John 1:3. Can you understand that or should we go through this DD exercise again?

Have you asked yourself why the trinitarian scholars who translated the word as ”it” did so? If you haven’t, you should. Your belief that they were ”grammar illiterates” is atrocious.

Rev 19:11-16 is one solid reason.

The Word of God appeared several times to Prophets. They're called Theophanies. Do we have to go through another DD exercise before you acknowledge that?

The Messenger of the LORD did appear to the prophets, in the old testament, what that looked like I dont know. Yahava showed up in a burning bush, and also cloud, @synergy. While God, Gods Word and Gods Spirit all are founded in the Old Testament, I dont see the Word of God then as a person, to me personally; if you choose to believe that is the right way to go about it; its fine by me. Its very personal, some people say that if people believe a certain way about things they will be deemed non-christians. I dont see that is fair if people are allowed to choose, think, and have their own opinion as long as they are not putting bondage on people to say “you must believe this way!”

Yes, the Word was with God in the beginning, the Word was God, but the Word left its former place and then was born into a human body, becoming a person.

There is nothing wrong with seeing God, and Him speaking His Word, just as the Word of God being spoken. There is no human form, until (It) the LOGOS of Godcame into being, John 1:14.

Last edited:
What happened to there's no such thing as a stupid question, they lied to me. :(

100% false.

Trying to slip out of it by changing the literal name "Word of God" to just.... well kinda "like" the Word of God.

And his name shall be called.... "Kinda Like the Word of God." — No Bible Ever (NBE version)

Have you ever studied a foreign language? I studied French in High School; Hebrew and Greek in college.*

Grammatical gender is an important concept to understand.

* I’m originally from Appalachia. My Hebrew professor was speaking about accents in class one day. He turned to me, smiled, and said that I was an interesting example of someone who spoke Hebrew with a unique accent. We called it “Hillbilly Hebrew.”

Well, as it turns out, my Hebrew professor was also the professor I had for Greek. The first day that I walked into his Greek class, he was looking at something on his desk. I knocked on the door, he glanced up to see who was knocking. Before he said anything, I smiled, said “Is this the Hillbilly Greek Class?” and we both burst out laughing. (Yes. When I speak Greek, I speak it with an Appalachian accent.)

What happened to there's no such thing as a stupid question, they lied to me. :(

They lied to all of us.

100% false.

You’re mistaken.

Trying to slip out of it by changing the literal name "Word of God" to just.... well kinda "like" the Word of God.

And his name shall be called.... "Kinda Like the Word of God." — No Bible Ever (NBE version)

You’re making a false leap. If you want to present my position, then present it correctly.

The Messenger of the LORD did appear to the prophets, in the old testament, what that looked like I dont know. Yahava showed up in a burning bush, and also cloud, @synergy. While God, Gods Word and Gods Spirit all are founded in the Old Testament, I dont see the Word of God then as a person, to me personally; if you choose to believe that is the right way to go about it; its fine by me. Its very personal, some people say that if people believe a certain way about things they will be deemed non-christians. I dont see that is fair if people are allowed to choose, think, and have their own opinion as long as they are not putting bondage on people to say “you must believe this way!”

Yes, the Word was with God in the beginning, the Word was God, but the Word left its former place and then was born into a human body, becoming a person.

There is nothing wrong with seeing God, and Him speaking His Word, just as the Word of God being spoken. There is no human form, until (It) the LOGOS of Godcame into being, John 1:14.
I believe that the Uncreated Word of God Person became flesh as Jesus Christ. It's the same God Person throughout. Theophanies and Rev 19:11-16 prove that. Only a God Person can save. A human person cannot save. Everyone is free to believe whatever they want.

A human person cannot save.

About 9 out of 10 trinitarians I’ve spoken with have nevertheless insisted that Jesus is a human person.

@civic and I have had a good conversation about it.

JAT doesn’t understand trinitarian theology and is very often trinitarian in name only.

About 9 out of 10 trinitarians I’ve spoken with have nevertheless insisted that Jesus is a human person.

@civic and I have had a good conversation about it.

JAT doesn’t understand trinitarian theology and is very often trinitarian in name only.
Jesus is both 100% God and 100% human. It's that fact that saves us humans because only God can save us. The Unitarian Jesus cannot save since he is not God.

Back
Top Bottom