The Discovery of Hidden Mystery Against OSAS

As are many people. The Gospel must have it's work in us. Some have enough faith to start the journey toward God. God wants man to seek Him. Sometimes that takes time.
It helps when you know what the Bible actually says. About ten years ago I prayed and asked God to wipe my mind clean of all false doctrines from all denominations, and asked the Author, Himself, to teach me His meaning, and He has. My mind about exploded, and I'm still learning. He's not done with me yet. You might try that too and see what happens. I know you to be thirsty too.

It helps when you know what the Bible actually says. About ten years ago I prayed and asked God to wipe my mind clean of all false doctrines from all denominations, and asked the Author, Himself, to teach me His meaning, and He has. My mind about exploded, and I'm still learning. He's not done with me yet.

I do know what it says. That is why I know you're wrong. Please share how the Scriptures say I'm wrong. I'll listen. I doubt you want to take this journey with me. Surprise me.

Like I asked did Paul include you when he said "such is common to man"?

I do know what it says. That is why I know you're wrong. Please share how the Scriptures say I'm wrong. I'll listen. I doubt you want to take this journey with me. Surprise me.

Like I asked did Paul include you when he said "such is common to man"?

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

I want to discuss scripture with you so I'll let you know when I get back from my doctor. See you later.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

I want to discuss scripture with you so I'll let you know when I get back from my doctor. See you later.

Okay.

Is it not the Spirit of God that assists in the resistance as referenced by Paul's words "God is faithful"? I believe it is clear that Paul is reference those who have the Spirit of God.

Thusly, it common with man (even those who have the Spirit of God) to be tempted.

and @Obediah. This is what 1 John 1:8 really means. Next chapter 1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

It is the difference between the talkers and the walkers. The talkers (key word, say) have not confessed their sins. Verse 7 is a walker that is filled with the Spirit. Then:

1 John 3:8-9
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

You are reading with a western mindset, but John is using an eastern Hebrew writing style. Don't be deceived.
Thank you for the response and I respect your opinion. The funny part about it was before I finish writing my post I knew what was coming. Yeah my western mindset gets in the way a lot. And thanks again for worrying about me being deceived but I have that covered quite well. I have what's called a Bougie Woogie Detector. When anyone tries to deceive me my Bougie Woogie detector goes off and I really start paying close attention.

Thank you for the response and I respect your opinion. The funny part about it was before I finish writing my post I knew what was coming. Yeah my western mindset gets in the way a lot. And thanks again for worrying about me being deceived but I have that covered quite well. I have what's called a Bougie Woogie Detector. When anyone tries to deceive me my Bougie Woogie detector goes off and I really start paying close attention.
With that being said, is 1 John 1:8 a born again Christian, or one that has never confessed yet?

Okay.

Is it not the Spirit of God that assists in the resistance as referenced by Paul's words "God is faithful"? I believe it is clear that Paul is reference those who have the Spirit of God.

Thusly, it common with man (even those who have the Spirit of God) to be tempted.
I'm back.

There are two types of sins. Sins unto death and sins not unto death. What a born again Christian is incapable of doing are sins unto death. Those desires are never in our nature anymore. Jesus took us from death to life.

The other type of sin has to do with actions we do showing immaturity in the fruit of the Spirit. It is these trespasses we have to grow out of. That is why Peter said,

2 Peter 1:5-11
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

If we are barren that is like John 15:1-6
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. 5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

With that being said, is 1 John 1:8 a born again Christian, or one that has never confessed yet?
1 John was a letter written to churches near Ephesus. So you could assume it was for believers.

Occasion and Purpose. John states that he wrote to give assurance of eternal life to those “who believe in the name of the Son of God” (1John 5:13). The uncertainty of his readers about their spiritual status was caused by an unsettling conflict with the teachers of a false doctrine. John refers to the teachings as deceitful (1 John 2:26; 3:7) and to the teachers as “false prophets” (1 John 4:1), liars (1 John 2:22), and antichrists (1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3). They had once been within the church, but had withdrawn (1 John 2:19) and had “gone out into the world” (John4:1) to propagate their dangerous heresy. Jack Hayford spirit filled Study Bible, My favorite

Wait for it...
John’s purpose in writing 1 John then, was to expose the heresy of the false teachers and to confirm the faith of the true believers.

1 John was a letter written to churches near Ephesus. So you could assume it was for believers.

Occasion and Purpose. John states that he wrote to give assurance of eternal life to those “who believe in the name of the Son of God” (1John 5:13). The uncertainty of his readers about their spiritual status was caused by an unsettling conflict with the teachers of a false doctrine. John refers to the teachings as deceitful (1 John 2:26; 3:7) and to the teachers as “false prophets” (1 John 4:1), liars (1 John 2:22), and antichrists (1 John 2:18, 22; 4:3). They had once been within the church, but had withdrawn (1 John 2:19) and had “gone out into the world” (John4:1) to propagate their dangerous heresy. Jack Hayford spirit filled Study Bible, My favorite

Wait for it...
John’s purpose in writing 1 John then, was to expose the heresy of the false teachers and to confirm the faith of the true believers.
Speaking of Jack Hayford, I read the comments on 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 that refers you back to what was said about 1 John 1:8! I was floored as Jack is my spiritual father, and I sure do miss him. I tried getting in touch with him to ask if he okayed those comments. They were so bad I was embarrassed for him.

In 2000 I was driving from Arizona back to Church on the Way and God spoke to me and said, "I am giving you the office of Teacher." I told Jack and Jack and his son-in-law Scott Bauer are the ones who anointed me for the office of Teacher.

Speaking of Jack Hayford, I read the comments on 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 that refers you back to what was said about 1 John 1:8! I was floored as Jack is my spiritual father, and I sure do miss him. I tried getting in touch with him to ask if he okayed those comments. They were so bad I was embarrassed for him.

In 2000 I was driving from Arizona back to Church on the Way and God spoke to me and said, "I am giving you the office of Teacher." I told Jack and Jack and his son-in-law Scott Bauer are the ones who anointed me for the office of Teacher.
Did you ever meet Keith Green? So you're from the valley. I grew up in the valley and Arizona.

I'm glad you're here, We're blessed with your Teaching Ministry

some of yours is right there
This is a false statement that implies the power of God is weak.

"Unlike Christ, we do not have the ability to live without being overcome by temptation. Even when God makes a way to escape, we don't always take it. "

Romans 8:29
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Brethren of Jesus are in His image. That is truth, not the false doctrines that we will always sin, that Jesus did not take away our sin. Doctrines of demons say the opposite of what Jesus accomplished.

I'm back.

There are two types of sins. Sins unto death and sins not unto death. What a born again Christian is incapable of doing are sins unto death. Those desires are never in our nature anymore. Jesus took us from death to life.

This is contrary to what Paul taught those at Corinth.

1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Last edited:
I think we would agree that it's sinful when a major denomination ordained a practicing homosexual as a bishop. But we let slide our selfishness, our critical spirit, our impatience, and our anger. It’s easy to let ourselves off the hook by saying that these sins are not as bad as the flagrant ones of society.

I can't find any place in the Bible where God has given us the authority to establish values for different sins. Instead He says through James, “Whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for or is guilty of all of it” James 2:10

That Scripture is difficult for us to understand because we think in terms of individual laws and their respective penalties. But God’s Law is seamless. The Bible speaks not of God’s laws, as if many of them, but of God’s Law as a single whole. When a person commits murder, he breaks God’s Law. When a Christian lets speech that tends to tear down another person come out of his mouth, he breaks God’s Law.

I understand that a non-believer sins are not forgiven unless he gets saved. I also understand that a believer can walk in the flesh and be harboring unconfessed sin. I believe that it can be a real hindrance in our walk with the Lord.

Sin is much more than wrong actions, unkind words, or even those evil thoughts we never express. Sin is a principle or moral force in our hearts, our inner being. Our sinful actions, words, and thoughts are simply expressions of the principle of sin residing within us, even in those of us whose hearts have been renewed.

We get our hearts right with the Lord by repenting and asking for forgiveness.

Back
Top Bottom