Revelation Bible Study Lessons

Kenny

Although Christians are most familiar with the first coming of Christ, it is the second coming that gets the most ink in the Bible. References to the second coming outnumber references to the first by a factor of eight to one. Scholars count 1,845 biblical references to the second coming, including 318 in the New Testament. Christ’s return is emphasized in no less than seventeen Old Testament books and seven out of every ten chapters in the New Testament. The Lord Himself referred to His return twenty-one times. The second coming is second only to faith as the most dominant subject in the New Testament.

Thanks. I may check that out. The series I like is on the Bruce Gore YT channel concerning the series on Revelation.

I'm in the process of cross-linking various passages to find out how OT and NT passages convey the same sequence of events. My task involves passages from Deut 32 to Rev 21. These all tell the same events.

Last edited:
I should have said that this is not the popular view held by people. On my computer, I'm showing how we have had Revelation and Matt 24 interpreted in the wrong contexts. Maybe I will have stuff that will eventually clarify the details for everyone. (Ok. stop laughing.) Anyhow, I briefly watched a video on Revelation by Beale and it seemed unconvincing compared to Gore.

Thanks. I may check that out. The series I like is on the Bruce Gore YT channel concerning the series on Revelation.

I'm in the process of cross-linking various passages to find out how OT and NT passages convey the same sequence of events. My task involves passages from Deut 32 to Rev 21. These all tell the same events.
That's interesting about Deut 32 to Rev 21. I'll take a look at it right now

I should have said that this is not the popular view held by people. On my computer, I'm showing how we have had Revelation and Matt 24 interpreted in the wrong contexts. Maybe I will have stuff that will eventually clarify the details for everyone. (Ok. stop laughing.) Anyhow, I briefly watched a video on Revelation by Beale and it seemed unconvincing compared to Gore.
We were actually talking about why people don't study Revelation. I think that's one of the reasons is they may have tried at one time and it was confusing to them. So clarifying the details for everyone is actually a very good idea. Well at least for the ones that are interested and haven't given up on trying to understand it.

We were actually talking about why people don't study Revelation. I think that's one of the reasons is they may have tried at one time and it was confusing to them. So clarifying the details for everyone is actually a very good idea. Well at least for the ones that are interested and haven't given up on trying to understand it.
Well. I'm kind of getting to a point that I am concerned about typical people reading scripture to obtain doctrine. Maybe one should read scripture just to be familiar with the texts when the pastor teaches. Alternatively, dig deeply to find out what ideas are actually supported in the text. I don't mean this to turn people away from reading scripture. But I have "concerns." I can balance this with saying I have concerns with how scholars also mess up ideas -- but overall the background research is still vital. Edited: I mean that scholars can miss obvious logic issues and they can fail to look deeper into passages that have been difficult to resolve.

Last edited:

I wasn't able to find any cross references Deut 32 to Rev 21. I'll try looking for the sequence of events that are the same.

Well. I'm kind of getting to a point that I am concerned about typical people reading scripture to obtain doctrine. Maybe one should read scripture just to be familiar with the texts when the pastor teaches. Alternatively, dig deeply to find out what ideas are actually supported in the text. I don't mean this to turn people away from reading scripture. But I have "concerns." I can balance this with saying I have concerns with how scholars also mess up ideas -- but overall the background research is still vital.
Wow that's amazing as we were actually talking about the same thing today in our small group. Some pastors water down the word in order to keep everyone happy. Especially in the society we live in today. I think those fire and brimstone bible thumping pastor days are over.

I wasn't able to find any cross references Deut 32 to Rev 21. I'll try looking for the sequence of events that are the same.
I don't exactly mean that Deut 32 states things that are directly stated in Revelation. There are just many connections across various prophecies that tie these together in the same message.

Jesus repeats that idea of a perverse generation from Deut 32:5 "They have dealt corruptly with him; they are no longer his children because they are blemished; they are a crooked and twisted generation."

Then Deut 32:36–37 shows that God's servants will survive. This reflects the remnant of Isa 10:20-22 which are those of the Israel people that come to Christ and then are raised in Rev 20:4-6. That is the form of connections I mean.

Wow that's amazing as we were actually talking about the same thing today in our small group. Some pastors water down the word in order to keep everyone happy. Especially in the society we live in today. I think those fire and brimstone bible thumping pastor days are over.
I mainly think there are misperceptions that were even begun by the church fathers. The problem is that they lost much detail from the first century and thus, for most concepts, had the starting point we might have in just reading the text to figure out stuff like eschatology. I am trying to explain some of this in my project with all the cross-linked details.

I believe it's going to be a outstanding work when completed. And I know you will enjoy yourself while you're working on it.

I believe it's going to be a outstanding work when completed. And I know you will enjoy yourself while you're working on it.
Yep. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'm typing on one idea and realize there is another idea to document or explain. I can end up leaving stuff unfinished because I don't want to forget the new idea/topic I want to address.
I think for other people to even accept what I'm sharing is that they need to recognize the issue: how can you expect to be right if you are not willing to be wrong? The idea is that people should be able to look at a different perspective and be willing to be corrected in their thinking. Of course this is difficult with so many views being shared. Also, everyone here is sharing some unique view or new idea. 😆

Yep. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'm typing on one idea and realize there is another idea to document or explain. I can end up leaving stuff unfinished because I don't want to forget the new idea/topic I want to address.
I think for other people to even accept what I'm sharing is that they need to recognize the issue: how can you expect to be right if you are not willing to be wrong? The idea is that people should be able to look at a different perspective and be willing to be corrected in their thinking. Of course this is difficult with so many views being shared. Also, everyone here is sharing some unique view or new idea. 😆
I agree, I come here to get new ideas from other people's thoughts on a certain topic then I go and dig into all the information I can find on that topic before I settle on my opinion. But I also stay open to changing my opinion.

Well. I'm kind of getting to a point that I am concerned about typical people reading scripture to obtain doctrine. Maybe one should read scripture just to be familiar with the texts when the pastor teaches. Alternatively, dig deeply to find out what ideas are actually supported in the text. I don't mean this to turn people away from reading scripture. But I have "concerns." I can balance this with saying I have concerns with how scholars also mess up ideas -- but overall the background research is still vital. Edited: I mean that scholars can miss obvious logic issues and they can fail to look deeper into passages that have been difficult to resolve.
We understand in part...

Sure. But we have to be cautious about misunderstanding in bigger parts. I'm not sure what to recommend. But it helps when teachers get better informed.
It has appeared to me, after being a Christan for 50 years and reading posts here (and at CARM) for maybe 20, that many Christians, and of course many people refuse to evaluate their conclusions. People know what they believe but they don't know how those conclusions were reached so they can only argue the conclusions that were handed to them, but not demonstrate from scripture how they were derived. Obviously this is not everyone; there are many students here and in the world who strive to see what scripture actually teaches.
Having said that, I think much of scripture, when pursued by the Sprit and the intellect, can be and is understood,

Last edited:
It has appeared to me, after being a Christan for 50 years and reading posts here (and at CARM) for maybe 20, that many Christians, and of course many people refuse to evaluate their conclusions. People know what they believe but they don't know how those conclusions were reached so they can only argue the conclusions that were handed to them, but not demonstrate from scripture how they were derived. Obviously this is not everyone; there are many students here and in the world who strive to see what scripture actually teaches.
Having said that, I think much of scripture, when pursued by the Sprit and the intellect, can be and is understood,
Very true :)

I like that you said "much of scripture" since there is sort of a similarity of that to understanding math. Math can be understood at different levels and can be helpful at all levels. Somewhat toward discovering the levels of bible study people do, I had set up that long-forgotten poll of what level of study people were doing. I have lots of issues I could address at the higher level of bible study. Those will probably come up in separate discussions though. I did share the issue I highlighted in Zephaniah between earth and land -- which was the starting point for a current project on gathering verses under certain key apocalyptic terms to show how those fit together "chronologically."

I like that you said "much of scripture" since there is sort of a similarity of that to understanding math. Math can be understood at different levels and can be helpful at all levels. Somewhat toward discovering the levels of bible study people do, I had set up that long-forgotten poll of what level of study people were doing. I have lots of issues I could address at the higher level of bible study. Those will probably come up in separate discussions though. I did share the issue I highlighted in Zephaniah between earth and land -- which was the starting point for a current project on gathering verses under certain key apocalyptic terms to show how those fit together "chronologically."
And for me the one ruling key to understanding is to invite. include, listen to the Spirit thru the study process. Not always a pat thing, but really what is needed for profitable study. There are many cases of people who have studied endlessly but their conclusions are contrary to the Spirit, They feel syperior in their knowledge and may be that, but their understanding is crippled and flawed. I have fought against that in myself for years through prayers and renewed effort toward listening to Him.
Yet, back to what i quoted earlier: We understand in part...

Although Christians are most familiar with the first coming of Christ, it is the second coming that gets the most ink in the Bible. References to the second coming outnumber references to the first by a factor of eight to one. Scholars count 1,845 biblical references to the second coming, including 318 in the New Testament. Christ’s return is emphasized in no less than seventeen Old Testament books and seven out of every ten chapters in the New Testament. The Lord Himself referred to His return twenty-one times. The second coming is second only to faith as the most dominant subject in the New Testament.

The second coming, is basically when souls meet Christ on the clouds
soon

after that, this same remnant
rebuilds eden paradise with Christ,
returns with Christ to this earth to console poor jacob left behind,
which is most Christians today to be left behind...
who will go through tribulation
and will be quite upset at their pastors...
and die during that horrific time...
but will finally understand and meet Christ

after all His souls are gathered
and have been restored to their Original body in paradise,
which often people refer to as the resurrection body
which He gives us Back...

this earth will be left to its rats and moles
and be desolated..
and no one will pass here again

Back
Top Bottom