The Importance of Studying Bible Prophecy

The Bible Helps Us To:​

1. SEE WHO GOD IS AND HOW MUCH HE LOVES US.​

It is through the Bible that we learn that God is our loving creator and constant wooer. God tells us in His Word that His love for us is deep, vast, and unchanging. The truth: He desires to be in close relationship with us, and has specifically designed us with gifts and talents that glorify Him. When we correctly view ourselves through God’s lens — we are so very loved, wanted, and valuable — we can push back on a secular world that says otherwise. The good news: Only God’s view matters!

He loved the world of people so much he gave his son for them

John 3:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

He loved the world of people so much he gave his son for them

John 3:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
No other verse in the Bible so succinctly summarizes God’s relationship with humanity and the way of salvation. Thank you Jesus for saving us🙏

I've been in love with God's word since the first time I picked up a bible. It was a donated bible just laying around at the VA hospital. In the first time I purchased a study bible I couldn't believe what a blessing it was. This is all before the internet. I didn't even know what a commentary was.

Things have certainly changed. I can't even count all the christian books I now have in digital format and printed hardcover books.
I have many on in time prophecies That I've studied through several times. So it's definitely important to me.

I think that the book of Revelation is the first place in Scripture we should turn to for the study of God’s plan for the ages. John received these prophecies through a series of vivid visions containing symbolic images and numbers that echo those found in the prophetic books of the Old Testament. John records these visions in the chronological order in which he received them, many of them are pictures of the same events from different perspectives. He does not, however, provide a chronological order in which certain historical events are to occur. I think this is part of what makes the Book of Revelation somewhat difficult to study.

Twice in the book of Revelation we are told that the door to heaven will be opened. It is first opened to receive the church into heaven at the time of the Rapture: “After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, ‘Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this’” Rev.4:1. The door swings open a second time for Christ and His church to proceed from heaven on their militant march back to earth Rev.19:11. The first opening is for the Rapture of the saints; the second is for the return of Christ!

When Jesus arrives on earth the second time, His landing will dramatically herald the purpose of His coming. The moment His feet touch the Mount of Olives, the mountain will split apart, creating a broad passageway from Jerusalem to Jericho. As you can imagine, this will be an unprecedented geological cataclysm.

Let’s look briefly at the Bible’s description of the glory and majesty Christ will display at His second coming. Very few Christians have a biblical understanding of what will take place when Christ establishes His Kingdom, and ushers in the Millennium.

It is certain that Christ will return to establish a literal Messianic Kingdom. The Old Testament promises a kingdom This same promise was reiterated in the New Testament and by Christ Himself. There is never even the slightest indication in the Scriptures that this kingdom will be anything other than a literal kingdom. Christ will return prior to the Millennium to establish His reign.

The Messianic Kingdom is eternal. Dispensationalists have historically labeled the first 1,000 years as the Millennial Kingdom. However, the Eternal State is simply a continuation of the Kingdom of Christ. The Eternal State will be located in the new heavens and new earth, but it will be a part of the same Kingdom ushered in by Christ at the Second Coming. Therefore, it is more accurate to refer to the Messianic Kingdom with its two distinct phases: the millennial phase and the eternal phase.

So after the Second Coming of Christ, the Millennium begins. The end of the Millennium is not the end of the Kingdom. After the final judgment, the Kingdom of Christ will continue on in the Eternal State.

The book of Revelation is the last book in the Bible for a reason. It is a very unclear book. Because of that we should look at all the other clear books that contain truth about the end, before we look for end time information in Revelation. Revelation should be interpreted in light of all the other New Testament information on the end times and some Old Testament prophecies, not the other way around.
Such topics as the rapture, the tribulation, the millennium, the resurrection of the dead, the second coming, the day of the Lord, the last day, the judgment, the burning of this heaven and this earth, the creation of a New Heaven and a New Earth, the man of sin, the 70 weeks of Daniel, can all be quite clearly understood, before we ever even consider Revelation. So anything we see in Revelation should be interpreted using our thorough knowledge of the New Testament and some Old Testament prophecies.

So if we want to learn of God's plan for the ages, Revelation should be the last place to look for it, not the first. Perhaps this is why Obadiah and so many others have been gullible enough to accept the dispensational teaching on the end times.

I'm not suggesting that we don't read Revelation - we should read it, but understand that many topics there have been clearly covered in previous books. Once again we see the principle: Interpret the unclear with the clear - not the other way around.

The book of Revelation is the last book in the Bible for a reason. It is a very unclear book. Because of that we should look at all the other clear books that contain truth about the end, before we look for end time information in Revelation. Revelation should be interpreted in light of all the other New Testament information on the end times and some Old Testament prophecies, not the other way around.
Such topics as the rapture, the tribulation, the millennium, the resurrection of the dead, the second coming, the day of the Lord, the last day, the judgment, the burning of this heaven and this earth, the creation of a New Heaven and a New Earth, the man of sin, the 70 weeks of Daniel, can all be quite clearly understood, before we ever even consider Revelation. So anything we see in Revelation should be interpreted using our thorough knowledge of the New Testament and some Old Testament prophecies.

So if we want to learn of God's plan for the ages, Revelation should be the last place to look for it, not the first. Perhaps this is why Obadiah and so many others have been gullible enough to accept the dispensational teaching on the end times.

I'm not suggesting that we don't read Revelation - we should read it, but understand that many topics there have been clearly covered in previous books. Once again we see the principle: Interpret the unclear with the clear - not the other way around.
I like what James Vernon McGee Says about it. the Book of Revelation is the sixty–sixth book of the Bible, and it comes last. This means that we need to know sixty–five other books before we get to this place. You need to have the background of a working knowledge of all the Bible that precedes it.

I believe if you do a thorough study on the book of revelation it'll take you through every other book in the bible.

I've been in love with God's word since the first time I picked up a bible. It was a donated bible just laying around at the VA hospital. In the first time I purchased a study bible I couldn't believe what a blessing it was. This is all before the internet. I didn't even know what a commentary was.

Things have certainly changed. I can't even count all the Christian books I now have in digital format and printed hardcover books.
I have many on in time prophecies That I've studied through several times. So it's definitely important to me.
I agree God's word is awesome!

One of the best ways for me in studying God’s Word is to set aside time each day for personal devotions. My purpose in this time is simply to quiet my heart before the Lord and have fellowship with Him.

My daily devotions are not meant to be a time of in-depth Bible study. During my quiet time, I plan to simply draw closer to the Lord through meditation on His Word and communion with Him in prayer. In this chapter, I Believe a daily devotion time will help us be more deliberate about enjoying Jesus’ presence, every day.

One of the best ways for me in studying God’s Word is to set aside time each day for personal devotions. My purpose in this time is simply to quiet my heart before the Lord and have fellowship with Him.

My daily devotions are not meant to be a time of in-depth Bible study. During my quiet time, I plan to simply draw closer to the Lord through meditation on His Word and communion with Him in prayer. In this chapter, I Believe a daily devotion time will help us be more deliberate about enjoying Jesus’ presence, every day.
I've noticed there's quite a few daily devotions on this forum. I'm going to check one out right now.

I think this is part of what makes the Book of Revelation somewhat difficult to study.
But also makes it really east to generate ALL SORTS of phony "theologies" about.

Since I'm a "Pan-millennialist" (it'll all "pan out" when it's time), my overall attitude towards end-time falsities is that: when It happens, it happens, and those who are walking in the Spirit will know.
Personally, I'll "occupy" til I die (or HE comes), with no personal preference one way or the other. I didn't expect him in '88, although some folks did and were terribly injured economically by that foolishness, just like they were by Camping's 2011 fantasies.

AND I have no idea really what will go down when it's TIME, and He does return. The ONLY Bioblical prophesy that was actually understood properly was the return from captivity under Nehemiah.

Jewish prophetic theology was SO CORRUPT that they totally MISSED their own visitation, and murdered their Messiah. and contemporary Christian Eschatology is still nothing but rank speculation.

But also makes it really east to generate ALL SORTS of phony "theologies" about.

Since I'm a "Pan-millennialist" (it'll all "pan out" when it's time), my overall attitude towards end-time falsities is that: when It happens, it happens, and those who are walking in the Spirit will know.
Personally, I'll "occupy" til I die (or HE comes), with no personal preference one way or the other. I didn't expect him in '88, although some folks did and were terribly injured economically by that foolishness, just like they were by Camping's 2011 fantasies.

AND I have no idea really what will go down when it's TIME, and He does return. The ONLY Bioblical prophesy that was actually understood properly was the return from captivity under Nehemiah.

Jewish prophetic theology was SO CORRUPT that they totally MISSED their own visitation, and murdered their Messiah. and contemporary Christian Eschatology is still nothing but rank speculation.
What was that guy's name that predicted the return of Jesus in 88 I was trying to remember it this morning.

One thing is for sure we are definitely in the end times. In one sense, everything that takes place after the ascension of Christ takes place in the end times. The end times started in the New Testament. We’re still in the end times. The question is whether we are at the end of the end times and are coming close to the return of Jesus as it was set forth in the book of Revelation.

I believe Jesus will return soon. as throughout the book of Revelation, where it talks about those things that are “near at hand.”

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:20

His coming may be soon—today or tomorrow, but the time of Jesus' return is locked up in the counsels of God.

Ray Stedman has started a new devotional for July on revelation. I'll be posting each day that it's available.

The daily devotionals are inspired from a message that Ray delivered,

This is from the best book that I've found on in times.

You Can Trust Prophetic Scripture
We are living in strange times. One very popular and influential author—an Emergent Christian—says we cannot be certain about anything, including such biblical doctrines as prophecy. We should therefore dismiss any concern for such things as evidence, proof, debate, and arguing for one position over another. All is ambiguous, we are told.

As I read this author’s book, it struck me that one paragraph after another was brimming with self-defeating arguments. For example, he seemed completely certain that he was correct about his position that we cannot be certain about anything.

He also asserted that there are no good reasons for what we believe—and then provided what he considered to be good reasons for holding that there are no good reasons for what we believe. This kind of sloppy thinking is a reflection of our current culture.

Ron Rhodes, The End Times in Chronological Order: A Complete Overview to Understanding Bible Prophecy

Back
Top Bottom