The Importance of Studying Bible Prophecy

I didn't know that.
Don't feel like The Lone Ranger I never heard of him till now. At any rate I think studying time prophecy helps us comprehend God’s plans and purposes for humanity, including His relationship with Israel and the world. It reveals His ultimate goal of bringing all creation to the knowledge of Himself.

They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
as the waters cover the sea.
Isaiah 11:9

God's plan welcome to pass and mankind can't stop it. We're not going to destroy the planet no matter what we do.

Hello there,

I found these blog entries, and would be glad if someone would take a look at the content Please may God give you grace to reply kindly, and respectfully, for the one who has shared the results of her studies in these entries, is a child of God.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I liked the devotional.

Be a Wise Steward!​

September 27, 2024
Luke 12:42-46 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward whom his lord shall set over his houseservants, to give them their portion of food in season? 43 Blessed is that servant when his lord comes and finds him so doing. 44 Truly I say to you that he will set him over all his possessions. 45 But if that servant says in his heart, My lord delays his coming, and shall begin to beat the male servants and women servants, and to eat and drink and to be drunk, 46 the lord of that servant will come in a day when he does not expect, and at an hour when he does not know. And he will cut him apart, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
The concept of ownership often influences how one can view the world, but if we recognize the truth that our time here is short and we can’t take anything with us, it will change our perspective. We are simply stewards of what has been entrusted to us. I’ve been running Worthy and its sites for 25 years, and I’ve never thought I was an owner but rather a steward of a ministry.

But how do we define stewardship? In English, stewardship is the responsibility of safeguarding, nurturing, and enhancing the resources entrusted to you on behalf of another. However, if we dive into the Biblical definitions it will unlock deeper mysteries of stewardship, I believe it will radically transform how we live.

The Hebrew word for steward, Sochen, also translates as agent, representative, and even “power of attorney” in legal terms. In Greek, the word for steward, oikonomos, offers an even deeper insight, meaning overseer or superintendent of household affairs. So the concept of stewardship is not only taking care of one’s goods, but also of one’s family.

To be a wise steward, one must be found faithful, reliable, and trustworthy. The Hebrew word for “faithful,” ne’eman, is closely related to amin, meaning “reliable.” Both of these words share the same root as emunah, the Hebrew word for “faith”. Another word derived from this same root is omenet, meaning “nursemaid”—someone entrusted with the responsibility to nurture and raise a household and its children.
So in both Hebrew and Greek, there is a deeper revelation about stewardship, it’s not just about goods and possessions, but about how we treat one another!
So stewardship in not simply responsibility over one’s material possessions, but also encompasses our care for people and the relationships we have with one another. When we embrace this Biblical understanding, it will profoundly shape our perspective of life, what we are called to do, and how we live. So let’s choose to live to a higher level of faithfulness, trustworthiness, and love, knowing that this life and all that it entails is ultimately simply on loan to us by God!

I think that the book of Revelation is the first place in Scripture we should turn to for the study of God’s plan for the ages.
But, of course since "Eschatology is nothing but a "Religious word" meaning "RANK SPECULATION".

we DARE NOT take the words of "Prophesy experts" seriously - PARTICULARLY in terms of dedicating resources, or making serious Personal plans on the basis of prophetic foolishness. Lots of folks have been HURT by the likes of Harold Camping, Edgar Whisnant, Jim Jones, or David Koresh and their Eschatological Stupidity.

The wiser choice is to simply "ABIDE UNTIL HE COMES". Commit thy way unto the Lord, believe also in Him and HE WILL BRING IT TO PASS!! (Ps 37:5)

And let the "End Times Experts" bawl their confusion, and sell their books.

Simple as that.

Looks good to me.:)
Hello Administrator,

Thank you. I felt the need to hear the opinion of others especially in regard to the timings, and the prophetic calendar of the feasts. The entries are so clear and straightforward, it is refreshing.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

But, of course since "Eschatology is nothing but a "Religious word" meaning "RANK SPECULATION".

we DARE NOT take the words of "Prophesy experts" seriously - PARTICULARLY in terms of dedicating resources, or making serious Personal plans on the basis of prophetic foolishness. Lots of folks have been HURT by the likes of Harold Camping, Edgar Whisnant, Jim Jones, or David Koresh and their Eschatological Stupidity.

The wiser choice is to simply "ABIDE UNTIL HE COMES". Commit thy way unto the Lord, believe also in Him and HE WILL BRING IT TO PASS!! (Ps 37:5)

And let the "End Times Experts" bawl their confusion, and sell their books.

Simple as that.
I'm just talking about studying the Bible, not promoting any cult. The study could begin with an overview of Revelation. The key to interpretation is context—what is the whole passage or book about?—and the key to context is purpose—what is the author’s aim for the whole work? In lesson one you will lay the foundation for your study of Revelation by asking yourself, Why did the author (and God) write the book? What did they want to accomplish? What is the book about?

GINOLJC, to all.
101G has a question, listening to the YouTube of dr. Ron Rhodes above on when the rapture occurs and reading, "God Calls His People to Repentance", by sister Marilyn's C Messages. was this not fulfilled by the two witnesses of Revelation chapter 11 who are John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus the Christ?

101G.

The bible if full of prophecy, I have always liked this one.

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel. (Genesis 3:15)

Hi John,
yes, that's a good prophecy, and the one to fulfilled it was God himself, coming in flesh who is the LAST Adam, the seed, (meaning the one), for all will be saved in him.

101G.

Don’t let your Bible study become an exercise in knowledge alone. Treat the passage as God’s Word, and stay in dialogue with Him as you study. Pray, “Lord, what do You want me to see here?” “Father, why is this true?” “Lord, how does this apply to my life?”

GINOLJC, to all.
101G has a question, listening to the YouTube of dr. Ron Rhodes above on when the rapture occurs and reading, "God Calls His People to Repentance", by sister Marilyn's C Messages. was this not fulfilled by the two witnesses of Revelation chapter 11 who are John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus the Christ?

101G.

I'm just talking about studying the Bible, not promoting any cult. The study could begin with an overview of Revelation. The key to interpretation is context—what is the whole passage or book about?—and the key to context is purpose—what is the author’s aim for the whole work? In lesson one you will lay the foundation for your study of Revelation by asking yourself, Why did the author (and God) write the book? What did they want to accomplish? What is the book about?
Which "authoritative version" would you like????

Which "authoritative version" would you like????
I would have to read it first before I could make a decision. And I would rely on the Holy Spirit to guide me.

• John 14:26 – "But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you."
  • Romans 8:11-14 – "The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you."
  • Matthew 10:19-20 – "When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit."
  • Galatians 3:3 – "Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?"
  • Acts 4:8 – "Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers of the people and elders.”"

I would have to read it first before I could make a decision. And I would rely on the Holy Spirit to guide me.
Good plan!!!!! in my case, I don't take any of it seriously, since it isn't important. "Religious belief" has no effect on God's plan for the Age, and Personally, I doubt if ANYBODY has a clue about what it'll really look like.

The bible if full of prophecy, I have always liked this one.

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel. (Genesis 3:15)

And the Gospel (Good news) is that: HE DID!!!! the old testament looks forward to God's provision, and the NEW testament looks back to Jesus.

Good plan!!!!! in my case, I don't take any of it seriously, since it isn't important. "Religious belief" has no effect on God's plan for the Age, and Personally, I doubt if ANYBODY has a clue about what it'll really look like.

Why Study Gods Word​

To Know God Better.

Since the Bible is God's Word, studying it is a way to know God better. Through His words we come to know not only the nature and attributes of God, but we also come to understand His plan for each of us. In a larger sense, we also come to know God's plan in history, His sovereignty, His providence, His love and more. There is only so much we can learn about God apart from the Bible. But with it we can know God better.
Studying the Bible also helps us avoid theological error.

The Bible tells us, "Watch your life and doctrine closely" 1 Timothy 4:16, adding that we "must teach what is in accord with sound doctrine" Titus 2:1. If the Bible is our authority for faith and life, then the inspired words it contains will help us to avoid error. In a pluralistic world with many religious and non-religious ideas competing for attention, studying the Bible provides us with a firm foundation in God's truth rather than the errors of the world. Knowing the Bible also helps us respond to error and answer questions that skeptics and others may have about it.

Because it's in the Bible.

"Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near." (Revelation 1:3, ESV)

plural eschatologies 1 : a branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of humankind 2 : a belief concerning death, the end of the world, or the ultimate destiny of humankind specifically : any of various Christian doctrines concerning the Second Coming, the resurrection of the dead, or the Last Judgment.

Eschatology: What the Bible Says Will Happen in End Times​

The Bible says, "In the last days there will be very difficult times" (1 Timothy 3:1, NLT). Jesus Christ told his followers there will be "wars and threats of wars ... famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. ... You will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers. And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold" (Matthew 24:6–14, NLT).

These Bible verses give us a brief snapshot of what will happen at the end of days. They only scratch the surface of a fascinating theological branch known as eschatology. Although a challenging area of study, eschatology helps believers understand prophetic passages of Scripture and how to live the Christian life in preparation for end times.

Back
Top Bottom