Pauls use of Predestination

Okay. This should be obvious but I'll help you again.

The word "all" isn't in the verses you quoted. Why are you insisting upon "ALL".

Establish your claim. The word "all" is not to be found in verse 28.
So what. Who claimed it was?

So some of it was not by God's hand? Like what? Quote the text.

If all is incorrect then point out what was not determined and brought about by His hand. What was not part of the plan. Use the text in your answer. Don't guess

I am quoting you. Commit to all or not. The onus is upon you to commit. Obviously, I'm taking the "not all" position. You need to commit.

I am quoting you. Commit to all or not. The onus is upon you to commit. Obviously, I'm taking the "not all" position. You need to commit.
I will commit to all yet never claimed the word is there. Would you agree all of it was brought about by His hand or did some things occur that were not part of the plan. If so, what? Keep dodging the question

I will commit to all yet never claimed the word is there. Would you agree all of it was brought about by His hand or did some things occur that were not part of the plan. If so, what? Keep dodging the question

I'm not dodging anything.

Mary the mother of Jesus and John the beloved were at least two that were not gathered against Christ.

They were Jews......

Act 4:27 “For indeed both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel,

See how simple that was?

'For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus,
Whom Thou hast anointed,
both Herod, and Pontius Pilate,
with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel,
were gathered together,
For to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy counsel
determined before to be done.'

(Act 4:27-28)

Hello @praise_yeshua & @Presby02,

Your dispute appears to concern the absence of the word, 'ALL' in verse 28 (above). I find it wonderful that Herod, Pontius Pilate, the Gentiles and the People of Israel, regardless of their motivation (unknowingly) did what God had determined beforehand to be done. It is true that - 'Man proposes but God disposes'!!

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Whom Thou hast anointed,
were gathered together,

Your dispute appears to concern the absence of the word, 'ALL' in verse 28 (above). I find it wonderful that Herod, Pontius Pilate, the Gentiles and the People of Israel, regardless of their motivation (unknowingly) did what God had determined beforehand to be done. It is true that - 'Man proposed but God disposes'!!

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Amen

Whom Thou hast anointed,
were gathered together,

Your dispute appears to concern the absence of the word, 'ALL' in verse 28 (above). I find it wonderful that Herod, Pontius Pilate, the Gentiles and the People of Israel, regardless of their motivation (unknowingly) did what God had determined beforehand to be done. It is true that - 'Man proposes but God disposes'!!

Praise His Holy Name!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

If it doesn't say all then why treat it as all?

Man disposes evil. God doesn't dispose evil.

I'm not dodging anything.

Mary the mother of Jesus and John the beloved were at least two that were not gathered against Christ.

They were Jews......

Act 4:27 “For indeed both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel,

See how simple that was?
Again, what occurred that was not part of predestined, determined or that His hand brought about?? Were parts of the plan left to chance?

It's not about who, it's about what occurred. Good try.

See how simple that question is?

So if not all then some. What part of the plan was left to chance?

Interesting how you ignore the Scriptures.

Ecc 9:11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Do you really want a list?

Admit your appeal to "all things" is contrary to Scripture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom