One God

Jesus is God. The question is how. Trinitarianism, which was developed gradually over a period of several hundreds years, offers us an answer. I believe Jewish monotheism, which is the theology of Jesus, offers the better answer to the question.

Jesus is God. The question is how. Trinitarianism, which was developed gradually over a period of several hundreds years, offers us an answer. I believe Jewish monotheism, which is the theology of Jesus, offers the better answer to the question.

By claiming He is the Son of Man (Mark 14:62; cf. Daniel 7:13) demonstrates Jesus' claim to be God -> Almighty God.

The Son of Man is the proper recipient of 'pelach' (Daniel 7:14). One of the ways of offering 'pelach' is by prayer (Daniel 6:10, 16).
To be the proper recipient of prayer means to be Almighty God. (post 20).

I’ll have to review Harris’ list and let you know.

Meanwhile, isn’t it enough that I’ve agreed that such verses exist?

I believe Jesus is God, but not in the same way that you do.
How can He be God ( YHWH ) and not God ( YHWH ) ?

“In other words, under shaliah Yeshua is ‘God’ without being God.”

the Jewish law of agency.

The concept of Agency does not apply at all in the area of prayer that is directly rendered unto the Lord Jesus since one can just as easily render prayer directly unto the Father. An agent would be a party when the other party is not there and/or cannot be reached.

An "agent" is therefore unnecessary.

except he never claimed to be God and no one referred to him as God, worshiped him etc.....

In most translations the “as” is italicized. It is added by the translators to convey understanding. God made Moses God to Pharaoh. Moses was God’s agent. Yahweh is Moses’ God. Yahweh is also Jesus’ God.

Have you ever heard Jesus referred to as “the new Moses”?

In most translations the “as” is italicized. It is added by the translators to convey understanding. God made Moses God to Pharaoh. Moses was God’s agent. Yahweh is Moses’ God. Yahweh is also Jesus’ God.

Have you ever heard Jesus referred to as “the new Moses”?

Irrelevant, because others can be referred to as G/god.

But the Lord Jesus is "my God" (John 20:28).
Whenever this expression is used by a believer in the OT it always referred to the Almighty. Thomas would most likely have known this. Jesus would have definitely known this.

Last edited:
Irrelevant, because others can be referred to as G/god.

But the Lord Jesus is "my God" (John 20:28).
Whenever this expression is used by a believer in the OT it always referred to the Almighty. Thomas would most likely have known this. Jesus would have definietly known this.

Had you exercised patience last night you would have found out that I believe John 20:28 is one of the passages where Jesus is called theos. You make my point for me when you say that “others can be referred to as God/god.”

Had you exercised patience last night

You had time to ramble on and ignore what I wrote concerning the NT by more than once going to the Old Testament, so the blame is on you.

you would have found out that I believe John 20:28 is one of the passages where Jesus is called theos. You make my point for me when you say that others can be referred to as God/god.

Great, because being "my God" proves He is the Almighty. - See my previous post.

You had time to ramble on and ignore what I wrote concerning the NT by more than once going to the Old Testament, so the blame is on you.

I didn’t ignore what you wrote. You didn’t acknowledge the connection between the Messiah being referred to as elohim in the OT and theos in the NT. I did. Heb. elohim = Gk. theos.

I didn’t ignore what you wrote. You didn’t acknowledge the connection between the Messiah being being referred to as elohim in the OT and theos in the NT. I did. Heb. elohim = Gk. theos.

That means you ignored it and ran somewhere else.

That's okay. Those who deny Jesus is God often employ this pitiful tactic.

Nothing new.

No surprise.

Does worshipping Jesus prove, as trinitarians and many unitarians assert, that Jesus is God? No. Why doesn’t it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom