The mediocrity of Unitarianism. Where are the "John the Beloveds" in Unitarianism?

That explains your atheistic attitude toward the Scripture. When it doesn't say what you want it to say, you just switch some words around until you get the desired translation. Yes, English can absolutely follow the Greek word order and Philippians 2:6 is one such example in which it can. Following the word order, it actually says Jesus isn't equal with God. That's funny since all over the Bible Jesus is not equal with God.

So it would literally translate as "Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider it a thing to be seized to be equal to God."

In other words, Jesus did not consider himself equal with God. Jesus even said so in some of the below verses.
John 14:28: "The Father is greater than I."​
Mark 10:18: "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone."​
John 5:19: "The Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing."​
1 Corinthians 15:27-28: "For he has put everything under his feet. Now when it says that 'everything' has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."​
What a joke

I did not write those translations and you are just denying scripture because you know your theology cannot account for the facts extolled here

Philippians 2:5–7 (ESV) — 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

An impersonal thing cannot exist in the form of God, does not have a mind, cannot count or consider, empty himself

You have constantly dodged these facts because your theology cannot account for them and we both know it which is why you change the subject

BTW none of your out of context verses show the word was impersonal so one has to wonder why you post them other than to dodge the issue

Thanks for the insight, DavidTree.
May our love for God increase every day.
Thank you Pancho for that prayer request to our Heavenly FATHER

We, who desire God's Pure and Perfect Love, need to love JESUS first = Everyday = for in doing so the FATHER looks and SEES us loving HIM

Lord Jesus Christ says: "No one comes to the FATHER but thru ME"

When we begin to love the Lord Jesus Christ, each day, we begin loving the FATHER which then extends to our neighbors and each other.

i highlighted each day because of our frailty without JESUS, our forgetfulness of His Commandments and our Daily need to forgive those who have sinned against us = just as the Lord Jesus Christ forgives us = Daily = My Daily BREAD

Shalom

EXCELLENT = let us place Matt 22:37-39 in our hearts Today!!!

Now please reference the words of Christ in John 14:19-21

What are the two commandments given to us in John 14:19-21 that we must embrace whereby we prove that we love God.

The Commandments of God are the Commandments of Jesus, as Jesus is "The Word of God". At least this is what the Scriptures say.

John 14: 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that "he may abide with you for ever;" 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, "he it is" that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matt. 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matt. 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live "by bread alone", but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matt. 5: 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as "your Father which is in heaven" is perfect.

Matt. 6: 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, "when thou prayest", enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not "ye" therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

I think it is important to show our Love for God and His son, in the manner that they instruct which means to Seek out all of the instructions of the Jesus "of the Bible" regarding how to Love God and how to Love others, and how to Love ourselves.

He said all of the Law and Prophets hang on the two greatest commandments that His Father gave to us. I think that means the Law and Prophets instruct men for "doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It seems Jesus wants us to learn how to Love God and how to Love one another, and how to Love thyself, so you can love others "as thyself". As opposed to following the instructions of this religious sect or business of this world, or that religious sect or business of this world.

Thank you for the question.

Matthew 22
41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
“The son of David,” they replied.

But when HE asked Peter the same question, what did Peter say? Whose Son did The God and Father of the Lord's Christ reveal to Peter that Jesus was? David's son? Or God's Son.

And whose Son did Jesus Himself tell them He was?

John 10: 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, "I am the Son of God"?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that "the Father" "is in me", and "I in him".

David understood this.

Psalms 110: 1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at "my right" hand, until "I make" thine enemies "thy" footstool. 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. 3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou (Davids Lord) art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. (Priest of who?)

5 The Lord at "thy right hand" shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

Peter understood this.

Matt. 15: 15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, "the Son of the living God". 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but "my Father" which is in heaven.

I understand this as well.

But I don't think those "many" who come in Christ's Name, promoting an image of God in the likeness of a long haired, extremely handsome man, who was born on Dec. 25, have the same understanding.

You call the belief in the Father as the Head of the Son, a fallacy. You also promote the religious philosophy that God placed unbearable Laws you call "A Yoke of Bondage" on the Necks of men who placed their trust in Him. You also preach that Jesus overcame Sin, death and temptation because HE was 100% immortal God, and not a man who humbled Himself to His Father in Faith/obedience.

You are free to adopt the religious business and/or sect that promotes these philosophies. I just think it is more important to believe what the Scriptures actually teach, unpopular as they are in the religious kingdoms of this world.

The Commandments of God are the Commandments of Jesus, as Jesus is "The Word of God". At least this is what the Scriptures say.

John 14: 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that "he may abide with you for ever;" 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, "he it is" that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Matt. 22: 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matt. 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live "by bread alone", but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matt. 5: 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as "your Father which is in heaven" is perfect.

Matt. 6: 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, "when thou prayest", enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not "ye" therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

I think it is important to show our Love for God and His son, in the manner that they instruct which means to Seek out all of the instructions of the Jesus "of the Bible" regarding how to Love God and how to Love others, and how to Love ourselves.

He said all of the Law and Prophets hang on the two greatest commandments that His Father gave to us. I think that means the Law and Prophets instruct men for "doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

It seems Jesus wants us to learn how to Love God and how to Love one another, and how to Love thyself, so you can love others "as thyself". As opposed to following the instructions of this religious sect or business of this world, or that religious sect or business of this world.

Thank you for the question.
It seems Jesus wants us to learn how to Love God and how to Love one another,

Can you please read Post 259 - ty

Can you please read Post 259 - ty

That is what I was responding to. There is no doubt that those "Christians" in Matt. 7:22 claimed to Love Jesus and obey Him. Every Morman, every JW, every Calvinist, every Catholic, Every member of the Jones cult claimed to Love God and Love Jesus. The Pharisees claimed to Love God. It seems important seek God and His Son's guidance in order to know HOW to Love them, or what "Love" to show for them.

The point of my post is to consider how God wants to be loved. Does HE want men to reject His Judgments and create their own? Does He want men to create images of Him in the likeness of some random, handsome man with blue eyes and long flowing hair? Does HE want men to create their own high days, while rejecting His Sabbaths?

Jesus Himself commanded to "Seek First, the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness". If we Love Him, will we not be "Doers" of all His Sayings?

That is what I was responding to. There is no doubt that those "Christians" in Matt. 7:22 claimed to Love Jesus and obey Him. Every Morman, every JW, every Calvinist, every Catholic, Every member of the Jones cult claimed to Love God and Love Jesus. The Pharisees claimed to Love God. It seems important seek God and His Son's guidance in order to know HOW to Love them, or what "Love" to show for them.

The point of my post is to consider how God wants to be loved. Does HE want men to reject His Judgments and create their own? Does He want men to create images of Him in the likeness of some random, handsome man with blue eyes and long flowing hair? Does HE want men to create their own high days, while rejecting His Sabbaths?

Jesus Himself commanded to "Seek First, the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness". If we Love Him, will we not be "Doers" of all His Sayings?
There is no doubt that those "Christians" in Matt. 7:22 claimed to Love Jesus and obey Him. Every Morman, every JW, every Calvinist, every Catholic, Every member of the Jones cult claimed to Love God and Love Jesus. The Pharisees claimed to Love God.
There is no doubt that what you said here is 100% TRUTH

It seems important seek God and His Son's guidance in order to know HOW to Love them, or what "Love" to show for them.
How we do this determines whether or not we are obeying God.

YES or NO

There is no doubt that what you said here is 100% TRUTH

How we do this determines whether or not we are obeying God.

YES or NO

Jesus already tells us how to do this, in some of His Commandments I mentioned in my reply to you, in my understanding.

Matt. 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And another;

Matt. 6: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Where are these things found?

Rom. 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For "therein" "is the righteousness of God revealed" from faith to faith: as it is written, "The just shall live by faith".

This is found in the Only Holy Scriptures that were available to Paul, that Jesus taught from. The Law and Prophets, (Hab. 2:4) So seeking the Righteousness of God, as Jesus commanded, can be found in the Law and Prophets where the Righteousness of God is revealed to men.

18 For the wrath of God is (also) revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Paul confirms this later on.

2 Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, "for instruction in righteousness": 17 That the man of God may be perfect, "throughly furnished" unto all good works.

Then our works will show who we Love more, God or a random religious sect of which there are many.

Jesus already tells us how to do this, in some of His Commandments I mentioned in my reply to you, in my understanding.

Matt. 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

And another;

Matt. 6: 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Where are these things found?

Rom. 1: 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For "therein" "is the righteousness of God revealed" from faith to faith: as it is written, "The just shall live by faith".

This is found in the Only Holy Scriptures that were available to Paul, that Jesus taught from. The Law and Prophets, (Hab. 2:4) So seeking the Righteousness of God, as Jesus commanded, can be found in the Law and Prophets where the Righteousness of God is revealed to men.

18 For the wrath of God is (also) revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Paul confirms this later on.

2 Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, "for instruction in righteousness": 17 That the man of God may be perfect, "throughly furnished" unto all good works.

Then our works will show who we Love more, God or a random religious sect of which there are many.
YES YES YES

Currently you and my friend @Pancho Frijoles are Beginning to connect the D.O.T.S. of scripture

You are Right THERE at the very DOOR but still missing something or should i say SOMEONE who Loves us and laid down His Life for us.

So "let us" be like the "Let Us" of Genesis and connect the D.O.T.S. of Scripture together in ________________________________________

Finish the last sentence with One Word........

@civic @praise_yeshua @Pancho Frijoles @Studyman and everyone - Do you know what D.O.T.S. stands for?

P.S. - If we refuse "Let Us" then our brains become chopped 'lettuce'

Back
Top Bottom