Mark 16:16~"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in your heart when you are saved, but He can and does work in you before that.
Two different things. I would imagine you're talking about common grace. According to John , one of the ways in which a person discerns their sinfulness is through the convicting work of the Holy Spirit. But that doesn't mean you're going to accept Jesus as your savior. You could just remain in your sin.

"And He, when He comes (i.e. the Holy Spirit) will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; ..." John 16:8-9

The root of all evil is unbelief in Christ, it is not in failing to be baptized. The condemning sin of the world lies in the rejection of the Redeemer, not in failing to be baptized. Here we have the root of righteousness and the root of sin in the acceptance or rejection of Jesus Himself.

"This is the judgment, (that men were not baptized? No) that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. John 3:19

"But as many as received (baptism? No) Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God (by getting baptized? No), even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12 Believing in Jesus is salvation, not believing in baptism.

Having said that, I return to the fact that I do not reject baptism. I acknowledge that it is a commandment of Jesus and that all who have been saved should obey the Lord and be baptized as soon as they can, after their born again experience.

I also condemn the idea that if we don't believe that water baptism is the action that saved us, that we aren't really saved at all. That accusation is demonic. My salvation rests solely in the person of Jesus Himself, not in the physical act of water baptism.
Right on!

I can talk to whomever and about whatever.
You are a works salvation heretic.
Your are saying it is ok to gossip? Hmmm.

I am not a heretic at all. I live by, advocate, and teach the Truth that is found in God's Word. If He had not said that repentance LEADS TO forgiveness, I would not advocate for it. If He had not said that confession of Jesus as Lord RESULTS IN salvation, I would not advocate for it. If God had not said that baptism is the point at which salvation is received, I would not advocate for it. But He did, and so I must.

Two different things. I would imagine you're talking about common grace. According to John , one of the ways in which a person discerns their sinfulness is through the convicting work of the Holy Spirit. But that doesn't mean you're going to accept Jesus as your savior. You could just remain in your sin.
Absolutely you could. But as Rom 10:9-10 says, confession of Jesus as Lord RESULTS IN salvation. This means that the Holy Spirit can work in you to lead you to the truth even before He saves you.

Correct! My son in law was convicted during a church service, but never accepted salvation through Yeshua.

Absolutely you could. But as Rom 10:9-10 says, confession of Jesus as Lord RESULTS IN salvation. This means that the Holy Spirit can work in you to lead you to the truth even before He saves you.
You don't understand the proper order of salvation.

Paul is explaining that both Jews and Gentiles are saved in the same way, by faith. Paul will also say that one must “call on the name of the Lord” Ro 10:13. It is by grace and grace alone that we are saved. In verse 10 he will explain it in proper order, first the belief in the heart, followed by the declaration of Jesus from the mouth.

You leaving in your heart about what Jesus did on the cross and his resurrection from the tomb is what saves you. That's Faith. Confession of the mouth is talking about what has occurred when you got saved.

Keyword "Can" Because the holy spirit "Can" Convict a person of sin does not mean they're going to accept salvation in Christ by Grace alone through Faith alone.

Paul’s message is that salvation is by grace through faith apart from good works, but it inevitably results in a life of good works. We can do good works not to become saved but because we are saved.

Some people like to put the cart in front of the horse.

"And He, when He comes (i.e. the Holy Spirit) will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

The root of all evil is unbelief in Christ, it is not in failing to be baptized. The condemning sin of the world lies in the rejection of the Redeemer, not in failing to be baptized. Here we have the root of righteousness and the root of sin in the acceptance or rejection of Jesus Himself.

"This is the judgment, (that men were not baptized? No) that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness (you must be baptized in order to be saved) rather than the Light (Jesus Himself) for their deeds were evil. John 3:19

"But as many as received (baptism? No) Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God (by getting baptized? No), even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12 Believing in Jesus is salvation, not believing in baptism.

Having said that, I return to the fact that I do not reject baptism. I acknowledge that it is a commandment of Jesus and that all who have been saved should obey the Lord and be baptized as soon as they can, after their born again experience.

I also condemn the idea that if we don't believe that water baptism is the action that saved us, that we aren't really saved at all. That accusation is demonic. My salvation rests solely in the person of Jesus Himself, not in the physical act of water baptism.

"This is the judgment, (that men were not baptized? No) that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness (you must be baptized in order to be saved) rather than the Light (Jesus Himself) for their deeds were evil. John 3:19

Amen. Now that we have that all straightened out let's talk about the trinity Or maybe the rapture:love:

You don't understand the proper order of salvation.

Paul is explaining that both Jews and Gentiles are saved in the same way, by faith. Paul will also say that one must “call on the name of the Lord” Ro 10:13. It is by grace and grace alone that we are saved. In verse 10 he will explain it in proper order, first the belief in the heart, followed by the declaration of Jesus from the mouth.

You leaving in your heart about what Jesus did on the cross and his resurrection from the tomb is what saves you. That's Faith. Confession of the mouth is talking about what has occurred when you got saved.
You are rewording Scripture.
Rom 10:10 - "for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation"
What does Scripture, not @Believe, say?

Believing in your heart alone does not save. The demons believe that Jesus is God, but they are not saved.

Rom 10:10 - "for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation"

Believing in your heart alone does not save. The demons believe that Jesus is God, but they are not saved.
Demons don't believe in their heart that Jesus can save them. Talk about rewording scripture you're quite good at it.

Time to put you on ignore with your heretical postings. Glad people can see through it.
Your probably involved with some Cult group masquerading as a Christian ✝️ group.

Demons don't believe in their heart that Jesus can save them. Talk about rewording scripture you're quite good at it.
Romans 10:10 in the New Testament is a verse that speaks about the process of salvation through belief and confession. The verse in the NIV reads:

"For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

Syntactic Force, Morphology, and Grammar Breakdown
Greek Text:
Ἐν γὰρ καρδίᾳ πιστεύεται εἰς δικαιοσύνην, στόματι δὲ ὁμολογεῖται εἰς σωτηρίαν.

English Transliteration:
En gar kardia pisteuetai eis dikaiosynēn, stomati de homologeitai eis sōtērian.

Phrase-by-Phrase Analysis:
Ἐν γὰρ καρδίᾳ (En gar kardia)

Ἐν (en): Preposition meaning "with" or "in."
γὰρ (gar): Conjunction meaning "for," used to provide a reason or explanation.
καρδίᾳ (kardia): Noun in the dative singular, meaning "heart."
Translation: "For with the heart"

πιστεύεται (pisteuetai)

πιστεύεται (pisteuetai): Verb in the present passive indicative, third person singular of πιστεύω (pisteuō), meaning "to believe" or "is believed."
Translation: "one believes" or "it is believed"

εἰς δικαιοσύνην (eis dikaiosynēn)

εἰς (eis): Preposition meaning "unto" or "into," indicating purpose or result.
δικαιοσύνην (dikaiosynēn): Noun in the accusative singular, meaning "righteousness" or "justification."
Translation: "unto righteousness" or "resulting in righteousness"

στόματι δὲ (stomati de)

στόματι (stomati): Noun in the dative singular, meaning "mouth."
δὲ (de): Conjunction meaning "but" or "and," used to contrast or connect clauses.
Translation: "and with the mouth"

ὁμολογεῖται (homologeitai)

ὁμολογεῖται (homologeitai): Verb in the present passive indicative, third person singular of ὁμολογέω (homologeō), meaning "to confess" or "is confessed."
Translation: "one confesses" or "it is confessed"

εἰς σωτηρίαν (eis sōtērian)

εἰς (eis): Preposition meaning "unto" or "into," indicating purpose or result.
σωτηρίαν (sōtērian): Noun in the accusative singular, meaning "salvation."
Translation: "unto salvation" or "resulting in salvation"

Full Translation and Commentary:
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Syntactic Force: The verse uses parallel structure to emphasize the dual aspects of salvation: internal belief and external confession. The prepositions "with" (ἐν) and "unto" (εἰς) highlight the means and the result of these actions.
Morphology: Key verbs (πιστεύεται, ὁμολογεῖται) are in the present passive indicative, indicating ongoing actions that result in a state of being. Nouns (καρδίᾳ, στόματι) are in the dative case, indicating the instrument or means by which actions are performed, while (δικαιοσύνην, σωτηρίαν) are in the accusative case, indicating the goal or result.
Grammar: The use of the conjunction (γὰρ) explains the relationship between belief and righteousness, and confession and salvation. The structure of the sentence creates a balanced and rhythmic flow, reinforcing the theological point.

Romans 10:10 is situated within the broader context of Paul's discussion on the righteousness that comes from faith, specifically in Romans 9-11. Here's an overview of the context:

Immediate Context (Romans 10:5-13):
Romans 10:5-8:
Paul contrasts the righteousness based on the law with the righteousness based on faith. He quotes Moses, stating that the law's righteousness requires living by the commandments. He then cites Deuteronomy 30:12-14 to show that the righteousness of faith speaks of belief in the heart and confession with the mouth, emphasizing that the message of faith is accessible.

Romans 10:9-10:
Paul articulates the principle of salvation through faith:

Romans 10:9: "If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:10: "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."
Romans 10:11-13:
Paul reinforces his argument by quoting Isaiah 28:16 and Joel 2:32, affirming that everyone who believes in Jesus will not be put to shame and that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Broader Context (Romans 9-11):
Romans 9:
Paul begins by expressing sorrow for Israel's unbelief and explains that not all descendants of Israel are true Israel. He discusses God's sovereign choice in election, using examples like Isaac, Jacob, and Esau.

Romans 10:
Paul focuses on Israel's failure to attain righteousness because they sought it through the law rather than through faith. He emphasizes that Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Verses 1-4: Paul expresses his desire for Israel to be saved and explains their zeal for God is not based on knowledge. They did not submit to God's righteousness but sought to establish their own.
Verses 5-21: He contrasts righteousness based on the law with righteousness based on faith, explaining that salvation is available to all who believe and confess Jesus as Lord.
Romans 11:
Paul addresses the question of whether God has rejected His people. He asserts that there is still a remnant chosen by grace and explains that Israel's unbelief has led to the inclusion of the Gentiles, with the ultimate hope of Israel's restoration.

Theological Themes:
Righteousness by Faith: Paul contrasts the futile pursuit of righteousness through the law with the righteousness that comes through faith in Christ.
Accessibility of Salvation: The message of salvation through faith is near and accessible to all, regardless of ethnic background.
Universal Offer of Salvation: Salvation is available to everyone who believes in Jesus and confesses Him as Lord.
Conclusion:
Romans 10:10 serves as a key verse within Paul's larger argument about the nature of salvation and righteousness. It underscores that justification (being declared righteous) and salvation (being delivered from sin) are achieved through a combination of internal belief and external confession. This message is a pivotal part of Paul's theological exposition in Romans, emphasizing the central Christian doctrine of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. Romans 10:9

How many times you want to go over this? When you confess with your mouth you're confessing that you've been saved. Confessing that you've been saved happens after you are saved. That you are saved

The mouth, then, becomes the means by which someone expresses their faith in Christ. Only saved believers can truthfully say with their mouths what has happened in their hearts: they have placed their faith in Jesus.

For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. Romans 10:9

How many times you want to go over this? When you confess with your mouth you're confessing that you've been saved. Confessing that you've been saved happens after you are saved. That you are saved

The mouth, then, becomes the means by which someone expresses their faith in Christ. Only saved believers can truthfully say with their mouths what has happened in their hearts: they have placed their faith in Jesus.
I put this guy on Ignore. Tired of reading his heretical crap.

Romans 10:10 in the New Testament is a verse that speaks about the process of salvation through belief and confession. The verse in the NIV reads:

"For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."
Because you believe and are justified you're able to confess with your mouth that you are saved. Professing with your mouth doesn't save you. Believing in your heart that Jesus is Lord will save you. It's already been mentioned in this thread a few times that if you're not saved you're unable to confess Jesus as Lord.

Back
Top Bottom