Mark 16:16~"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

It is also easy for Satan to fool those who allegedly know Adonai's Word to misinterpret
and twist Scripture to to further some false agenda or narrative.
So then, tell me, is it a physical act to "confess with the mouth"? And according to Scripture, does confession (of Jesus as Lord) with the mouth result in salvation, or does salvation result in confession with the mouth? Rom 10:9-10

Since Scripture is very clear that confession of Jesus as Lord with the mouth (obviously a physical act) results in salvation, there can be no argument that there is no physical action that leads to, or results in, salvation. That means that the belief that Eph 2:8-9 means that there is no action required to receive salvation is a false belief. That makes your position the false doctrine.

What came first the chicken or the egg?

Discover the truth behind Jesus' name! Uncover the Hebrew origins and the profound meaning behind the name that changed the world.

The origins of the name Jesus in a Hebrew context hold significant meaning. In Hebrew, Jesus is derived from the name Yehoshua, which translates to "Yahweh is salvation." Yehoshua was a common Hebrew name during the time of Jesus, and it carried powerful connotations as it linked the individual with the salvation of Yahweh.

Understanding the Hebrew context of Jesus' name sheds light on the significance of his role as savior. The name Jesus in Hebrew encompasses the belief that he is the one who brings salvation. It aligns with biblical prophecies, such as Luke 1:31 and Matthew 1:21, which prophesy the birth of a child who will save his people.

The name "Jesus" was translated into English from its original form in Hebrew. The Hebrew name is Yeshua (ישוע), which means "salvation" or "he saves." In Hebrew, Yeshua was a common name, and its significance lies in its meaning rather than its specific spelling.

During the translation process, several factors influenced the English language spelling of "Yeshua" as "Jesus." First, the translation of the Bible into English occurred in the 16th century, and at that time, the name "Jesus" was commonly used in the English-speaking world. This usage can be traced back to the Greek form of the name, "Iēsous," which was used in the New Testament in the Koine Greek language.

So then, tell me, is it a physical act to "confess with the mouth"? And according to Scripture, does confession (of Jesus as Lord) with the mouth result in salvation, or does salvation result in confession with the mouth? Rom 10:9-10

Since Scripture is very clear that confession of Jesus as Lord with the mouth (obviously a physical act) results in salvation, there can be no argument that there is no physical action that leads to, or results in, salvation. That means that the belief that Eph 2:8-9 means that there is no action required to receive salvation is a false belief. That makes your position the false doctrine.
You are about as ignorant as a guy I just put on ignore. Anybody can confess with the mouth. Satan has done that. There has to be a change or circumcision of the heart to have salvation from Yeshua. Sorry, words can be empty. You sound like some legalistic Baptist who knows enough about Adonai's Word to get into trouble.

What if your death and dumb can you confess Jesus as Lord in sign language.👍 Confessing Jesus as Lord signified a willingness to surrender one’s life to follow Him. It's not what saves you.

Although Romans 10:9 might appear to mean that public confession is a necessary condition for salvation, it is best interpreted as pointing to an evidence of salvation, rather than the condition itself. We are saved by grace through faith, not by means of an audible profession of faith. As always, we should let clearer passages of Scripture guide our understanding of less explicit verses.

You are about as ignorant as a guy I just put on ignore. Anybody can confess with the mouth. Satan has done that. There has to be a change or circumcision of the heart to have salvation from Yeshua. Sorry, words can be empty. You sound like some legalistic Baptist who knows enough about Adonai's Word to get into trouble.
Exactly. Confessing with your mouth is only half of the equation. The important part is believing in your heart that Jesus is Lord and that God raised him from the dead.

What if your death and dumb can you confess Jesus as Lord in sign language.👍 Confessing Jesus as Lord signified a willingness to surrender one’s life to follow Him. It's not what saves you.

Although Romans 10:9 might appear to mean that public confession is a necessary condition for salvation, it is best interpreted as pointing to an evidence of salvation, rather than the condition itself. We are saved by grace through faith, not by means of an audible profession of faith. As always, we should let clearer passages of Scripture guide our understanding of less explicit verses.
Well said my brother.
Shalom

Neither I, nor Scripture, say that confession of Jesus as Lord is the only thing that is required. It is just one step, and a step that Satan has never taken. Satan knows exactly who Jesus is, but he refuses to accept Him as Lord. Satan wants to be equal with God, and thinks that his power and wisdom make him able to force God to accept him. But he is obviously wrong.

To confession of Jesus must be added repentance from sin (Acts 3:19), but this also does not result in salvation being received. Salvation is actually received when one is baptized into Christ (Col 2:11-14, Rom 6:1-7, 1 Pet 3:21, Eph 5:26-27, John 3:5, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16).

Correct, it is not what saves you, but it does result in your salvation.
Read the passage again. Does confession result in salvation? Or does salvation result in confession? According to what Scripture says, which is correct?

Well said my brother.
Shalom
I think one denomination salvation was built on the audible confession with no inward change. This particular denomination also believes you can willfully sin during and every week and repent on and every Sunday and your good to go. I call it your "free get out of Hell card."

Neither I, nor Scripture, say that confession of Jesus as Lord is the only thing that is required. It is just one step, and a step that Satan has never taken. Satan knows exactly who Jesus is, but he refuses to accept Him as Lord. Satan wants to be equal with God, and thinks that his power and wisdom make him able to force God to accept him. But he is obviously wrong.

To confession of Jesus must be added repentance from sin (Acts 3:19), but this also does not result in salvation being received. Salvation is actually received when one is baptized into Christ (Col 2:11-14, Rom 6:1-7, 1 Pet 3:21, Eph 5:26-27, John 3:5, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16).
You must be a Campbellite of the biblically bankrupt Church of Christ. These people are real nut jobs. I should know because I was married to one in a former life.

Correct, it is not what saves you, but it does result in your salvation.

Read the passage again. Does confession result in salvation? Or does salvation result in confession? According to what Scripture says, which is correct?
Again you're misinterpreting scripture. It doesn't result in your salvation. You can confess Jesus Lord because you have been saved.

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3

When do you receive the holy spirit? After you are saved right?

I think one denomination salvation was built on the audible confession with no inward change. This particular denomination also believes you can willfully sin during and every week and repent on and every Sunday and your good to go. I call it your "free get out of Hell card."
Clearly that is a false doctrine, and that is not what I am promoting by any means. As Paul says in Rom 6:1 Heaven forbid that we should continue in sin so that grace can abound all the more!!

Again you're misinterpreting scripture. That doesn't result in your salvation. You can confess Jesus Lord because you have been saved.

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Doug Brent's doesn't obviously know anything about true salvation through Yeshua. He has to add some kind of work requirement to the salvation equation.

Again you're misinterpreting scripture. It doesn't result in your salvation. You can confess Jesus Lord because you have been saved.

The Holy Spirit comes to dwell in your heart when you are saved, but He can and does work in you before that.

"And He, when He comes (i.e. the Holy Spirit) will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;

concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; ..." John 16:8-9

The root of all evil is unbelief in Christ, it is not in failing to be baptized. The condemning sin of the world lies in the rejection of the Redeemer, not in failing to be baptized. Here we have the root of righteousness and the root of sin in the acceptance or rejection of Jesus Himself.

"This is the judgment, (that men were not baptized? No) that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness (you must be baptized in order to be saved) rather than the Light (Jesus Himself) for their deeds were evil. John 3:19

"But as many as received (baptism? No) Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God (by getting baptized? No), even to those who believe in His name." John 1:12 Believing in Jesus is salvation, not believing in baptism.

Having said that, I return to the fact that I do not reject baptism. I acknowledge that it is a commandment of Jesus and that all who have been saved should obey the Lord and be baptized as soon as they can, after their born again experience.

I also condemn the idea that if we don't believe that water baptism is the action that saved us, that we aren't really saved at all. That accusation is demonic. My salvation rests solely in the person of Jesus Himself, not in the physical act of water baptism.

Last edited:
Doug Brent's doesn't obviously know anything about true salvation through Yeshua. He has to add some kind of work requirement to the salvation equation.
Talk to me about me. Don't talk to Believe about me behind my back.

And no, I do not add anything to salvation that Scripture does not demand.

Back
Top Bottom