Job and Calvinism?

Rockson

Just some interesting thoughts how we don't find Calvinism in the story of Job. Let's look at a passage,

The LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.” Then Satan answered the LORD, “Does Job fear God for nothing? “Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.” Then the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD. Job 1: 6,12

So Satan wanted to bring Job down. He wanted him to despair of God and thought he'd be able to do it. But why would he even think he would be able to achieve this if every action of man was ordained. Notice God said this, for Job is a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. And notice Satan didn't say, "Well of course! You imparted within him irresistible grace so don't waste my time suggesting he could have chosen anything different!" So in that spiritual kingdom if they believed God ordained everything then why wouldn't God's enemy bring this up now? If Satan believed God did this sort of thing you have to know he would have mocked, ridiculed and challenged God on this.

Satan did not, DID NOT believe God put the reverence or fear of God within one by a regeneration. He believed Job feared or reverenced God because he was blessed materially. The devil also said, that if God would take away the blessings Job would curse him to his face. This shows he didn't believe God imparted an an irresistible quality of anything within Job or any one else for that matter. Giving the right pressure any man would fold and why did he believe that? Because he knew MAN had free will. So where is the Calvinism in the book of Job? I contend you just can't find it.

Absolutely. The Jews became Calvinists in the Scripture. Not that there isn't flashes of it throughout history before those Jesus fought during His Advent. Jod had the promises of God. That is a covenant relationship.

Just some interesting thoughts how we don't find Calvinism in the story of Job. Let's look at a passage,

The LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil.” Then Satan answered the LORD, “Does Job fear God for nothing? “Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face.” Then the LORD said to Satan, “Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him.” So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD. Job 1: 6,12

So Satan wanted to bring Job down. He wanted him to despair of God and thought he'd be able to do it. But why would he even think he would be able to achieve this if every action of man was ordained. Notice God said this, for Job is a blameless and upright man who fears God and turns away from evil. And notice Satan didn't say, "Well of course! You imparted within him irresistible grace so don't waste my time suggesting he could have chosen anything different!" So in that spiritual kingdom if they believed God ordained everything then why wouldn't God's enemy bring this up now? If Satan believed God did this sort of thing you have to know he would have mocked, ridiculed and challenged God on this.

Satan did not, DID NOT believe God put the reverence or fear of God within one by a regeneration. He believed Job feared or reverenced God because he was blessed materially. The devil also said, that if God would take away the blessings Job would curse him to his face. This shows he didn't believe God imparted an an irresistible quality of anything within Job or any one else for that matter. Giving the right pressure any man would fold and why did he believe that? Because he knew MAN had free will. So where is the Calvinism in the book of Job? I contend you just can't find it.
Let's look at Job 42:2. LOL

Let's look at Job 42:2. LOL
Laughing like a court jester again are you?

OK so show me where is it playing out in the way that you would like to mean that God micro manages everything by ordaining things. Especially when what you believe we can see absolutely came crashing down in what Lk 7:30 says that certain type of purposes of God can be resisted by men.

But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John .Lk 7:30

So go ahead tell me how we you think fits the book of Job when one sees the whole dialogue taking place in the first few chapters of Job. Oh I get it yeah....none of it is ever to be taken seriously.

Laughing like a court jester again are you?

OK so show me where is it playing out in the way that you would like to mean that God micro manages everything by ordaining things. Especially when what you believe we can see absolutely came crashing down in what Lk 7:30 says that certain type of purposes of God can be resisted by men.

But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John .Lk 7:30

So go ahead tell me how we you think fits the book of Job when one sees the whole dialogue taking place in the first few chapters of Job. Oh I get it yeah....none of it is ever to be taken seriously.
Ephesians 1:11. Does all mean all without exception there?

Right, no purpose of God is thwarted but some are. LOL We got it.

You're misled by the word "purpose" in that verse. More simply, they rejected the job God had assigned to them. That's not the same thing as thwarting God's purpose. If anything, it was God's purpose that they rejected the job assigned to them.

You're the ones' playing "word matching" games without establishing any context or defense of your claims.

I can do the same thing. YOU @The Rogue Tomato are misled by the word "purpose" in your verses of choice.

Nice non rebuttal Mr debate guy
Nice dodge once again here is the OP you ignored.

Nice dodge once again here is the OP you ignored.

I contend you can. Job 42:2

There, dealt with.

My claim remains. Despite your stupid conspiracy theories no seems to hold to but you.

You don't know anything about hardly anything. You've found a theology that feeds your ego and you LOVE IT...... It makes you feel special while you endless tell others that God hates them and has predestined them to damnation without a cause.....

It is not a conspiracy. You don't even know the canonical or manuscript history of what you quote. You just know you like Job 42:2 in your perversion and it doesn't matter what evidence exists to the contrary.

You're a hack of epic proportions. I'll take a baby aspirin and "worry" over your assessment of what I wrote.

You don't know anything about hardly anything. You've found a theology that feeds your ego and you LOVE IT...... It makes you feel special while you endless tell others that God hates them and has predestined them to damnation without a cause.....

It is not a conspiracy. You don't even know the canonical or manuscript history of what you quote. You just know you like Job 42:2 in your perversion and it doesn't matter what evidence exists to the contrary.

You're a hack of epic proportions. I'll take a baby aspirin and "worry" over your assessment of what I wrote.
There ya go. He was simply parroting what he read on some website. A colossal waste of time

Back
Top Bottom