Israel is the Elect of God

'I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you
that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness,
with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

(Eph 4:1-7)

Hello @David Tree,

You have asked me to elaborate on the words (quote):- 'The Church which is the Body of Christ has no covenant made with it's members.'

The original covenant made by God with the nation of Israel at Sinai, was made through a Mediator, which was Moses, who read the terms of the covenant to the children of Israel which they agreed to keep. The new covenant also has a Mediator in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, whose blood is the blood of the new covenant: This covenant is in abeyance at this time, for Israel as a nation has yet to come to repentance. (Jeremiah 31:31, and Hebrews 8-13 ). When it does, as described in Zechariah 12:10, the new covenant will once more be made with Israel.

The Church which is the body of Christ and it's administration was made known to Paul by Divine revelation (Eph. 3:3), after Acts 28, and made known by word of mouth and letter, by him as 'The Lord's Prisoner', to the Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon: It's foundation being the truth of Romans 5:12 - 8:39. No covenant is made with it's membership, the only promise made is the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus (Titus 1:2; 3:7; & 2Tim. 1:1, 2Tim. 1:9) . It does have however all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus, which will be enjoyed in heavenly places in Him, as God's own inheritance in that realm: As redeemed Israel will be on the new earth, with it's blessings of basket and store.

All it's membership are complete in Christ, Holy and without blame in Christ before God, and accepted in the Beloved, having been adopted as Son's of God through Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father, so that we know Him as the God and father of the Lord Jesus Christ, and our Father therefore 'in' Him. and worship Him in Spirit and in truth. May He be blessed!

We have no place of worship and no creed, but we seek to keep the unity of the Spirit which is already made of Ephesians 4, to the glory of God, the Father, and our Saviour, Lord and Head, Christ Jesus.

Forgive me, there is much more that could be said, but I am not in a position to do more at this time. A prayerful reading of the epistles mentioned, in the light of the prayers of chapter 1:17- 23, and 3:14-21, will supply all that you need,

'And hath put all things under His feet,
and gave Him to be the head
over all things to the church,
Which is His body,

the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'
(Eph 1:22-23)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thanks my Sister in Glory = "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory"

A prayerful reading of the epistles mentioned, in the light of the prayers of chapter 1:17- 23, and 3:14-21, will supply all that you need,
CHECK
The Supply of Truth from the Holy Spirit thru the Holy Scriptures has already been granted(and continues).
All Praise & Glory to my LORD Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit Who have provided and are providing thru Grace & Faith!

The new covenant also has a Mediator in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, whose blood is the blood of the new covenant: This covenant is in abeyance at this time
It is impossible for the New Covenant to be in 'abeyance' = the LORD emphatically declared it!

SEE here: "And this Gospel will be preached to all nations and then the end will come." - Matt 24:14

This new covenant is in abeyance at this time FOR the earthbound nation Israel
The New Covenant is not in 'abeyance' for the Jewish people "whom God foreknew"
ONLY a remnant is saved by Grace to this day(same as Gentiles) otherwise no Jew could be SAVED.

SEE here: Romans 10:1-3
"Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God."

Holy Scripture Verified TRUTH:
1.) As we wait for the Second Coming of JESUS, the GOSPEL will NEVER be in 'abeyance' = Matt 24:14 & Revelation 14:6

2.) the Jews according to the flesh who refuse SALVATION/YESHUA are outside the covenant of Grace and are in 'spiritual abeyance' to God.
Matthew chapter 23, Romans chapters 9, 10 & 11 , Acts chapters 6 thru 8 , Revelation chapter 11

3.) YESHUA the MESSIAH has given the Kingdom to a New Spiritually-Born Nation = Matt 21:33-45

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

“Therefore I say to you(Jewish nation), the kingdom of God will be taken from you(Jewish nation) and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.
And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

Do you understand that God will never place in 'abeyance' His GOSPEL for a lost and dying world for which HE immensely suffered
and died on the Cross for the New Covenant to be FREELY given: Gospel of John, John 1:12 , John 3:16

"He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
He came to His own(Jewish nation), and His own(Jewish nation) did not receive Him.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Hello @David Tree,

I will try to answer your question,

* I believe that Israel is in a Loammi condition at present though back in their land.
* I believe also, as already stated, that the new covenant is also in abeyance.

During the Acts period Gentiles were blessed with faithful Abraham, but by nature and practice were strangers from the covenants of promise.
The gifts were in evidence among them, which Paul hoped would cause his own countrymen to be jealous and seek to emulate them by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, and coming to repentance. :-

' I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid:
but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles,
for to provoke them to jealousy.'

(Rom 11:11)

* This state of affairs had been prophisied:-

'But I say, Did not Israel know?
First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people,
and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought Me not;
I was made manifest unto them that asked not after Me.
But to Israel He saith, All day long I have stretched forth My hands
unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.'

(Rom 10:19-21)

* If the nation of Israel were not Loammi. or if the new covenant were in operation today, the historical pattern of events would have been so very different: both in world affairs and in the Christian community.

* Peter, at Pentecost, quoted from Joel, and also promised that if Israel repented the times of refreshing would come from the presence of the Lord, and Christ would be sent back to Israel. That would have set in motion the whole end-time experience prophesied, both in Joel, the other prophets, and by our Lord in the gospel record wouldn't it?

'Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

(Act 3:19-21)

At present I can't see the way forward to answer your questions. Perhaps it is tiredness, David.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Sister Complete,

i want you to know that i am with you on there being an 'abeyance', but it is not on the Gospel and never will be as we wait for the LORD's Return.
The 'abeyance' remains upon the earthbound nation of Israel and will remain until the Second Coming of HaMashiach.

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—
25for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
26but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.”
31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Have you ever heard this song???

Last edited:
Subject Heading:- 'Israel is the Elect of God'
Thanks my Sister in Glory = "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory"

CHECK
The Supply of Truth from the Holy Spirit thru the Holy Scriptures has already been granted(and continues).
All Praise & Glory to my LORD Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit Who have provided and are providing thru Grace & Faith!

It is impossible for the New Covenant to be in 'abeyance' = the LORD emphatically declared it!

SEE here: "And this Gospel will be preached to all nations and then the end will come." - Matt 24:14

The New Covenant is not in 'abeyance' for the Jewish people "whom God foreknew"
ONLY a remnant is saved by Grace to this day(same as Gentiles) otherwise no Jew could be SAVED.

SEE here: Romans 10:1-3
"Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved.
For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge.
For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God."

Holy Scripture Verified TRUTH:
1.) As we wait for the Second Coming of JESUS, the GOSPEL will NEVER be in 'abeyance' = Matt 24:14 & Revelation 14:6

2.) the Jews according to the flesh who refuse SALVATION/YESHUA are outside the covenant of Grace and are in 'spiritual abeyance' to God.
Matthew chapter 23, Romans chapters 9, 10 & 11 , Acts chapters 6 thru 8 , Revelation chapter 11

3.) YESHUA the MESSIAH has given the Kingdom to a New Spiritually-Born Nation = Matt 21:33-45

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

“Therefore I say to you(Jewish nation), the kingdom of God will be taken from you(Jewish nation) and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it.
And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

Do you understand that God will never place in 'abeyance' His GOSPEL for a lost and dying world for which HE immensely suffered
and died on the Cross for the New Covenant to be FREELY given: Gospel of John, John 1:12 , John 3:16

"He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
He came to His own(Jewish nation), and His own(Jewish nation) did not receive Him.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Sister Complete,

i want you to know that i am with you on there being an 'abeyance', but it is not on the Gospel and never will be as we wait for the LORD's Return.
The 'abeyance' remains upon the earthbound nation of Israel and will remain until the Second Coming of HaMashiach.

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—
25for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
26but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.”
31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Have you ever heard this song???

'For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
for it is the power of God unto salvation
to every one that believeth;

to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed
from faith to faith:
as it is written, The just shall live by faith.'

(Rom 1:16)

Hello @David Tree,

Thank you for your responses.

With respect, I have not said that I believe, 'the gospel of the grace of God,' to be in abeyance: No, for it was the power of the gospel that saved me, and undoubtedly saved you too. It is The New Covenant that I believe to be in abeyance at this time. The door of salvation is open for all to enter in, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Praise God!

'For finding fault with them, He saith,
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord,
when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers
in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;
I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:
and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to Me a people:

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother,
saying, Know the Lord:
for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness,
and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

In that He saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old.
Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.'

(Heb 8:8-13)

Thank you for sharing
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
'Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,'

(2Ti 1:1)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

The old covenant was made with Israel, and the new covenant will also be made with Israel (Jer. 31:31-34 & Heb. 8:8) . The Church which is the Body of Christ has no covenant made with it's members: However, we do have, 'the promise of life, which is in Christ Jesus': For we were chosen in Him, before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:4). He is our Head: Our promise is in Him; where it is safe, and assured of fulfilment.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
And who is "we"?
And don't say "Church" because I will ask you who is the "Church."

Who is "we"?

Hello @David Tree,

I will try to answer your question,

* I believe that Israel is in a Loammi condition at present though back in their land.
* I believe also, as already stated, that the new covenant is also in abeyance.

During the Acts period Gentiles were blessed with faithful Abraham, but by nature and practice were strangers from the covenants of promise.
The gifts were in evidence among them, which Paul hoped would cause his own countrymen to be jealous and seek to emulate them by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, and coming to repentance. :-

' I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid:
but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles,
for to provoke them to jealousy.'

(Rom 11:11)

* This state of affairs had been prophisied:-

'But I say, Did not Israel know?
First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people,
and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought Me not;
I was made manifest unto them that asked not after Me.
But to Israel He saith, All day long I have stretched forth My hands
unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.'

(Rom 10:19-21)

* If the nation of Israel were not Loammi. or if the new covenant were in operation today, the historical pattern of events would have been so very different: both in world affairs and in the Christian community.

* Peter, at Pentecost, quoted from Joel, and also promised that if Israel repented the times of refreshing would come from the presence of the Lord, and Christ would be sent back to Israel. That would have set in motion the whole end-time experience prophesied, both in Joel, the other prophets, and by our Lord in the gospel record wouldn't it?

'Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out,
when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
And He shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things,
which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

(Act 3:19-21)

At present I can't see the way forward to answer your questions. Perhaps it is tiredness, David.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
If the covenant is with Israel and Scripture cannot be broken, your position that Gentiles "are blessed with Abraham" violates Scripture and breaks with Scripture.
How can you say the covenant is with Israel and then turn and say it is with Gentiles also.
Where in the Old Testament is the Gentile covenant?

And let's not quote Saul because there is no covenant mentioned by God including Gentiles.

The Jerusalem Council stood for the entire Christian Church. The circumcision requirement was thus abrogated. You were still free to practice it or not. There was no one stopping you from removing your entire member, if you so desired.
The decision only affected half-Jew/half-Gentile Christians who were born again. They were either proselytes or God-Fearers or both. But there are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants. To say there are is to break Scripture and add to the bible things that are not there.
Your attempt to spit on the Bible verses that declare that there is no division of Jew or Greek in Christ's Church is duly noted - as is your continued delirium for abrogated Ethnic Cleansing.
God made NO COVENANT with non-Hebrew Gentiles.
Half-Jew/half-Gentiles carry Abraham's seed and therefore are in covenant still just as Samaritans are.

from faith to faith:

Hello @David Tree,

With respect, I have not said that I believe, 'the gospel of the grace of God,' to be in abeyance: No, for it was the power of the gospel that saved me, and undoubtedly saved you too. It is The New Covenant that I believe to be in abeyance at this time. The door of salvation is open for all to enter in, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Praise God!

because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord;

saying, Know the Lord:

Thank you for sharing
In Christ Jesus
Chris

If the New Covenant was in 'abeyance' no one could be saved.

JESUS is the 'Open Door of Salvation' = His Blood is the NEW Covenant = Luke 22:20

And JESUS took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”
Likewise JESUS also took the cup after supper, saying;
“This cup is the New Covenant in My Blood, which is shed for you."

The decision only affected half-Jew/half-Gentile Christians who were born again. They were either proselytes or God-Fearers or both. But there are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants. To say there are is to break Scripture and add to the bible things that are not there.

Half-Jew/half-Gentiles carry Abraham's seed and therefore are in covenant still just as Samaritans are.
The Eternal Covenant came to earth for all of Adam's descendants = Mankind

GOSPEL of Elohim Declares:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.
All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His [c]own, and His [d]own did not receive Him.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become sons of God,
to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth

And who is "we"?
And don't say "Church" because I will ask you who is the "Church."

Who is "we"?
Hello @jeremiah1five,

If you look at the wording of my response, you will see that I was speaking particularly of the Church which is the Body of Christ, because that is the company I identify with. Yet eternal life is the gift of God assured to all who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and are trusting God to keep His word on the basis of the the finished work of Christ His only Begotten Son.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

If the covenant is with Israel and Scripture cannot be broken, your position that Gentiles "are blessed with Abraham" violates Scripture and breaks with Scripture.
How can you say the covenant is with Israel and then turn and say it is with Gentiles also.
Where in the Old Testament is the Gentile covenant?

And let's not quote Saul because there is no covenant mentioned by God including Gentiles.
'Know ye therefore that they which are of faith,
the same are the children of Abraham.
And the scripture,
foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith,
preached before the gospel unto Abraham,
saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.'

(Gal 3:7-9)

Hello @jeremiah1five,

The Old Covenant was made by God with the children of Israel at Sinai, under the Mediatorship of Moses.
The New Covenant will again be made with the children of Israel, under the Mediatorship of Christ Jesus the risen Lord.

Gentiles during the Acts period were blessed with the blessing of Abraham. (* see Scripture above)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

JESUS is the 'Open Door of Salvation' = His Blood is the NEW Covenant = Luke 22:20

And JESUS took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.”

'In the fourteenth day of the first month at even
is The LORD'S passover.''

(Lev 23:5)

Let the children of Israel also keep the passover
at His appointed season.'

(Num 9:2)

'And it shall come to pass,
when your children shall say unto you,
What mean ye by this service?
That ye shall say,
It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover,
Who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt,
when He smote the Egyptians,
and delivered our houses.
And the people bowed the head and worshipped
.'

(Exo 12:26-27)

Hello @DavidTree,

Thank you for your response,

The words of the Lord Jesus Christ, that you have quoted, were spoken to His disciples at the Passover supper, instituted by God. Being Jews they were keeping the feast, and no uncircumcised Gentile would have been among them.

'All the congregation of Israel shall keep it.
And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee,
and will keep the passover to the LORD,
let all his males be circumcised,
and then let him come near and keep it;
and he shall be as one that is born in the land:
for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

One law shall be to him that is homeborn,
and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.'

(Exo 12:47-49)

* The Lord Jesus told His disciples that from then on, when they partook of the supper at Penticost, drank the wine and ate the food according to God's instruction, they were to eat and drink with the death of the Lord Jesus Christ in mind.

'For this is My blood of the new testament (ie., covenant),
which is shed for many for the remission of sins.'

(Mat.26:28)

* No covenant could be made without the shedding of blood (Eodus 24:8; Heb. 9:20), and no remission of sins without it (Lev.17:11).
'For the life of the flesh is in the blood:
and I have given it to you upon the altar
to make an atonement for your souls:
for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.'
(Lev 17:11)

'And He said unto them,
With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof,
until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and said,
Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine,
until the kingdom of God shall come.

And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it,

and gave unto them, saying,
This is My body which is given for you:
this do in remembrance of Me.
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying,

This cup is the new testament (ie., covenant) in My blood, which is shed for you.
(Luk 22:15-20)

* The content of the 'cup' was representative of the blood of the covenant that the Lord would shed: He would also be the Mediator of that covenant. If Israel had repented the Lord Jesus would have been sent back (Acts 3:19-21), and His Kingdom come, and He would once more have partaken of the fruit of the vine: but though an opportunity of at least 40 years was given, during the Acts period, Israel as a nation failed to repent, and we still await the Lord's return, and the repentance of Israel, which will surely come. Then the covenant will be secured to them, as foretold in Jeremiah 31:31.

* Perhaps we should also, just, 'bow our heads and worship' (Exodus 12:27 above). For I am conscious of treading on holy ground.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
'And when Abram was ninety years old and nine,
the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him,
I am the Almighty God; walk before Me, and be thou perfect.
And I will make My covenant between Me and thee,
and will multiply thee exceedingly.
And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
As for Me, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham;
for a father of many nations have I made thee.
And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
And I will establish My covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations
for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger,
all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
And God said unto Abraham,
Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
This is My covenant, which ye shall keep, between Me and you and thy seed after thee;
Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin;
and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt Me and you.

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations,
he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised:
and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised,
that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken My covenant.'

(Gen 17:1-14)

Praise God! For He is faithful that promised.

You just love to issue out one false statement after another. We've just concluded that this statement of yours is false: "Nothing in the Law was abrogated except the animal sacrifices." Now we're calling you out on your next false statement which is "The decision only affected half-Jew/half-Gentile Christians who were born again." The Jerusalem Council was binding on the entire born again assemblies (both Gentiles and Jews). You have no proof otherwise, as usual. Without any proof on your part, your statement will be deposited in the nearest waste paper basket.
You keep forgetting about the New Covenant Eucharist where all born again Christians (Gentiles and Jews) shared in its communion. You can keep your abrogated Ethnic Cleansing Euphoria.

You just love to issue out one false statement after another. We've just concluded that this statement of yours is false: "Nothing in the Law was abrogated except the animal sacrifices." Now we're calling you out on your next false statement which is "The decision only affected half-Jew/half-Gentile Christians who were born again." The Jerusalem Council was binding on the entire born again assemblies (both Gentiles and Jews). You have no proof otherwise, as usual. Without any proof on your part, your statement will be deposited in the nearest waste paper basket.

You keep forgetting about the New Covenant Eucharist where all born again Christians (Gentiles and Jews) shared in its communion. You can keep your abrogated Ethnic Cleansing Euphoria.
Unless he repents, he will be judged a liar = Proverbs 30:5-6

Every word of God is pure;
He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Do not add to His words,
Lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.

'And when Abram was ninety years old and nine,
the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him,
I am the Almighty God; walk before Me, and be thou perfect.
And I will make My covenant between Me and thee,
and will multiply thee exceedingly.
And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
As for Me, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham;
for a father of many nations have I made thee.
And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
And I will establish My covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations
for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger,
all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
And God said unto Abraham,
Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
This is My covenant, which ye shall keep, between Me and you and thy seed after thee;
Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin;
and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt Me and you.

And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations,
he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised:
and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised,
that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken My covenant.'

(Gen 17:1-14)

Praise God! For He is faithful that promised.

Based on this beautiful passage of Scripture from Genesis:

"the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised,
that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken My covenant.'"

Do you believe that this remains in effect Today?

from faith to faith:

Hello @David Tree,

saying, Know the Lord:

Thank you for sharing
In Christ Jesus
Chris

What do you believe is the difference between the "Gospel of the Grace of God" and the 'New Covenant'???

What do you believe is the difference between the "Gospel of the Grace of God" and the 'New Covenant'???
Hello @David Tree,

'The gospel of the grace of God' was preached by the Apostle Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles. The first occurrence of this terminology is in Acts 20, spoken by Paul to the elders of the Ephesian Church, whom he met on the way to Jerusalem. Where he would be arrested and imprisoned.

'And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem,
.. knowing the things that shall befall me there:
.... Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city,
...... saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
But none of these things move me,
.. neither count I my life dear unto myself,
.... so that I might finish my course with joy,
...... and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus,
........ to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
And now, behold, I know
.. that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God,
.... shall see my face no more.
...... Wherefore I take you to record this day,
........ that I am pure from the blood of all men.
.......... For I have not shunned to declare unto you
............ all the counsel of God.
Take heed therefore
unto yourselves,
.. and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers,
.... to feed the church of God, which He hath purchased with His Own blood.
'
(Act 20:22-28)

* It is worth taking note of the fact that what Paul had preached to the Ephesian Elders during his ministry among them was, 'the gospel of the Kingdom', but he had received a ministry from the Lord to testfy 'The gospel of the grace of God', which he was eager to fulfill.
[ https://levendwater.org/companion/append140.html ].

* This has no connection to the covenants either old or new.

* Though Paul had preached all 'the counsel of God' that he himself had received, there was yet more to be revealed, and made known in the epistles written from prison at Rome. (Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Tim. Titus & Philemon). The Mystery that had been hidden in God since the world began (Eph.3:9), and made known to Paul as 'the Lord's Prisoner'.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
'But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD,
.. I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts;
.... and will be their God, and they shall be My People.
...... And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour,
........ and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD:
.......... for they shall all know Me,
............ from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:
.............. for I will forgive their iniquity,
................ and I will remember their sin no more.
Thus saith the LORD,
Which giveth the sun for a light by day,
and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night,
which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar;
The LORD of hosts is His Name:
If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD,
.... then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before Me for ever.
Thus saith the LORD;
If heaven above can be measured,
.... and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath,
....... I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.'

(Jer 31:33-37)

Blessed Assurance!

Last edited:

And the "You" are identified as the children of Israel.
Jesus spoke those words to twelve Jews.
Scripture cannot be broken. But look at the many fractures Gentiles strike Scripture with their teaching that Gentiles are in the Abraham covenant and that Jesus died for Gentiles.
It is agreed by Gentiles that Christ fulfilled the Law, that as the lamb of God took the place of the animal sacrifice and died under the Law to and for the children of Israel since we know that the Law was given to the children of Israel and their ceremonial laws were commanded by God for the yearly atonement of the sins of the children of Israel.

There is no evidence at all in the Law, Psalms, and Prophets writings the high priest left the borders of Israel, went to Gentiles and offered sacrifices for non-Hebrew Gentiles, so if Jesus was the lamb of God and God sent His Son as substitute for the animal that was sacrificed to atone for the sins of the children of Israel, and Scripture cannot be broken and Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law, then how say Gentiles that Christ died to atone for Gentile sins who were never under the Law and the target of the animal sacrifices to begin with? That's adding to the bible teaching that is just not there. It was specifically for that erroneous reason that Gentiles believe and teach Jesus died for Gentiles that Saul cleared up that error by saying:

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

Gentiles were never under the Law. Gentiles never had any atonement made for their sins and for hundreds of generations since Abraham non-Hebrew Gentiles were born and died without any consideration from God nor was there any atonement made for these uncircumcised, non-covenant, idol-worshiping, unclean Gentiles.

17 All nations [Gentiles] before him are as nothing;
And they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
Isaiah 40:17.

There is nothing in Scripture that declares Jehovah's love for Gentiles. None at all.
But there is evidence Jehovah's love for the people He chose from all peoples of the earth and showed that love in a succession of covenants that culminated in Jehovah sending His only Son to die for the sins of the children of Israel in covenant with Him.

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers,
Deut. 7:6–8.

ABOVE all people on the face of the earth. That is an astounding thing for God to say of one people ABOVE all the rest of people on the face of the earth.

They are a people CHOSEN and made to be ABOVE all people on the face of the earth.
The Hebrew nation, the children of Israel, are the Sovereign Elect of God.
No other people has such a dignified and special designation that the Creator of heaven and earth would have ONE PEOPLE upon which He would place His Sovereign Love upon.
And that people is Israel.
Israel is the elect of God.

Back
Top Bottom