If you're going to reject the atonement, be consistent—REJECT IT ALL.

Absolutely incredible

And now Judaism, Islam, and Atheism, and all world religions are all happy with a moralistic self-righteous system.

Any good person can be saved without that messy blood of Jesus being spattered everywhere.

I hope you all wake up, before it is too late—but it will only be your own fault.

how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation (Heb. 2:3 NKJ)

Yes its incredible that I see no scripture, zero references but many subjective opinions and presuppositions. I'm still waiting for a biblical and exegetical argument to support your non biblical ideas that are eisegesis, not exegesis.

Great verse btw I love it, believe it and support it 100%. :)

Yes its incredible that I see no scripture, zero references but many subjective opinions and presuppositions. I'm still waiting for a biblical and exegetical argument to support your non biblical ideas that are eisegesis, not exegesis.

Great verse btw I love it, believe it and support it 100%. :)
Just as Augustine begot the beliefs that eventually led to Calvinism, Anselm begot the beliefs that led to the pagan satisfaction theory that it's God that needs changing instead of man. The audacity of that paganism.

Absolutely incredible

And now Judaism, Islam, and Atheism, and all world religions are all happy with a moralistic self-righteous system.
Huh? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Where is the self-righteousness in the sacrifice of one's sins?
Any good person can be saved without that messy blood of Jesus being spattered everywhere.
Huh? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Nobody is doing away with the Cross around here.
I hope you all wake up, before it is too late—but it will only be your own fault.
We woke up to the fact that Anselm's satisfaction theory of atonement is pagan. When will you wake up?
how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation (Heb. 2:3 NKJ)
Wonderful verse. Everything we said perfectly aligns with that verse. Thanks for mentioning it.

Huh? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Where is the self-righteousness in the sacrifice of one's sins?

Huh? How did you arrive at that conclusion? Nobody is doing away with the Cross around here.

We woke up to the fact that Anselm's satisfaction theory of atonement is pagan. When will you wake up?

Wonderful verse. Everything we said perfectly aligns with that verse. Thanks for mentioning it.
Amen

God also said the following about sacrifices:

11 I am sick of your sacrifices. Don’t bring me any more of them. I don’t want your fat rams; I don’t want to see the blood from your offerings

So a sacrifice by itself is not automatically and always about Christ. It's also what sacrifices we perform in our hearts. When we sacrifice our desires for the advancement of God's Kingdom then His anger against us is soothed.
Yes, there are a multitude of scacrifices. Have been talikng of specifically one kind. They speak of/prophesy Christ and they are of Christ
Why are you and Civic mixing in anything that is not related Christ?

Yes, there are a multitude of scacrifices. Have been talikng of specifically one kind. They speak of/prophesy Christ and they are of Christ
Scripture is all about Him from cover to cover so why are your denying that ?

Interesting that yu go to scripture that avoids the topics at hand and your excuse is all scripture is about Christ.Classic for you
Everything I post is relevant to the topic of discussion. That’s an interesting way for you to avoiding responding to my posts.

This one is talking about a blood sacrifice. What non-blood sacrifice are you talking about?

Excuse me? Can you quote me talking about a non-blood sacrifice, There are such things but that was not my topic.
Leviticus 5
And if his means do not suffice for two turtledoves or two pigeons, he shall bring as his offering for that of which he sinned a tenth of an ephah of choice flour for a chatat; he shall not add oil to it or lay frankincense on it, for it is a chatat… 5:13 Thus the priest shall make expiation on his behalf for whichever of these sins he has sinned, and he shall be forgiven…. It shall belong to the priest, like the meal offering.

Thus, flour offerings, which have no blood, can expiate for sin.

Deuteronomy 30
And you return (shuv) to YHWH your God, and you and your children heed His command with all your heart and soul, just as I enjoin upon you this day, 30:3 then YHWH your God will restore (shuv) your fortunes and take you back in love. He will bring you together again (shuv) from all the peoples where YHWH your God has scattered you.

Even in places where we might expect an emphasis on sacrifice, we find the promotion of a change in action.

1 Kings 8
When they sin against You—for there is no person who does not sin—and You are angry with them and deliver them to the enemy, and their captors carry them off to an enemy land, near or far; 8:47 and then they take it to heart in the land to which they have been carried off, and they repent and make supplication to You in the land of their captors, saying: ‘We have sinned, we have acted perversely, we have acted wickedly’… 8:49 oh, give heed in Your heavenly abode to their prayer and supplication, uphold their cause, 8:50 and pardon Your people who have sinned against You for all the transgressions that they have committed against You. Grant them mercy in the sight of their captors that they may be merciful to them.

Here forgiveness requires no sacrifices or blood. And this Deuteronomic idea is shared with many prophetic texts

Centuries before Christ was born, Isaiah the prophet spoke of His life and death sufferings, clearly distinguishing between the two: “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:4–6

According to Matthew, the Lord fulfilled the first part of verse 4 of Isaiah’s prophecy during His life of earthly ministry before the cross as He cast out demons and healed all that were sick. Matthew 8:17

Centuries before Christ was born, Isaiah the prophet spoke of His life and death sufferings, clearly distinguishing between the two: “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:4–6

According to Matthew, the Lord fulfilled the first part of verse 4 of Isaiah’s prophecy during His life of earthly ministry before the cross as He cast out demons and healed all that were sick. Matthew 8:17
I was not addresseing atonement, that is a sidetrack. I thnk our topic is Jesus still a man and are we men in heaven?

It's the only logical conclusion left if you deny Christ fulfilled all righteousness.

YOU have to fulfill it in your own good deeds.

Yes you are, you are robbing it of it's Biblical meaning, making it nothing more than empty show.

If the Cross is not about a true atonement, then you either rob God of his holiness or establish your own.

There's no other option.

This is not how logic works—it's called a genetic fallacy.

The pagans believed in a higher power, so every belief of God is pagan.

The pagans prayed, so every kind of prayer is pagan.

The pagans believed in spirits, so everyone who believes in spirits is pagan.

Problem is, if you deny Jesus faced that wrath for you, Hebrews says there is nothing left but wrath for you.

Trampling on that Blood—saying it was nothing more than just a good man dying.

And nobody but YOU can pay for your sins.

Profanity.

29 How much greater punishment do you think that person deserves who has contempt for the Son of God,
and profanes the blood of the covenant that made him holy, and insults the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know the one who said, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."
31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
(Heb. 10:29-31 NET)

Back
Top Bottom