Identifying the sign one has received the Spirit in the book of Acts

Sorry, had to leave town for three days.
Good to hear. Now I can stop spending all this money on milk just for the pictures on the carton.
Prophecy is very much about things that don't exist yet. Look into it, don't take my word for it.
Here's something you may not know. Prophecy is about past, present, and future as much as Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13: 8; Eccl. 1:9.)

Gentiles did not exist yet, then what are the Egyptians? They ain't descendants of Abraham. They must be another nation.
As I said and is true, everyone was an Adamite until the Abram the Hebrew (Gen. 14:13), his covenant, and circumcision divided the obedient Hebrew people (seed of the woman) from the disobedient Adamites (seed of the serpent.) God did command them to be fruitful and multiply, but most everyone chose to remain together (Gen. 11.)
So, if Joseph is a prophecy about Christ in His day (which, the son of man did not exist yet as a man. So are you saying then, it therefore cannot be a prophecy about Christ, because the man Jesus did not exist yet?), which after being handed over to the Egyptians and raised to the throne, saved the Egyptians who listened to Joseph, then who are the Egyptians? Are they Gentiles, one of the other nations? Who does Egypt represent here? Rome! All citizens of the Roman Nation! They don't represent the nation of Israel, though it would come to include all Israel, by going into that nation.
Joseph is a type of Christ and Egyptians were Gentile (non-Hebrew.) But there are also dissimilarities. Joseph was second-in-command. Jesus was top tier. Egyptians were Egyptians. And the Roman Empire was not all Italians. Especially not in the armies.
You will need this big picture, if you want the foundation to the end from the beginning "Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done", Genesis, Revelation.
God is able to declare the end from the beginning because He ordained the end. From His eternal perspective everything is already said and done, Christ sits on the throne, judgment is past, and eternity is in full swing. This is why to be absent from the body (from our perspective in time) is to be present with the LORD because in death time doesn't exist and in death, we enter the eternal state while from the perspective in time bodies can be in the grave decades and millennia, but the soul is already with the LORD and all things are finished.
We have God's word (not yours) which teaches us the proper methods of interpreting the O.T. "used similitudes ["allegory"; do you except Paul's writings?], by the ministry of the prophets". And, we are talking prophecy, not the spirit of the Law.
Allegory is a Greek term developed by Augustine (if memory serves.) The Scripture was all literal unless the context required spiritualizing or symbolism/representation (like Tabernacle.) God says what He means, and He means what He says. It was literal. He spoke and it was understood and obeyed. Man has made all these engines and methods to understanding His Word. Usually, to find ways of disobeying Him with all kinds of ways to take His Word and twist it to mean something never intended just so that "we" don't have to obey. That stuff occurs here to some extent. When the Word goes forth to do what it was sent to do men like to bring up methods of interpretation just so they don't lose arguments and be proven wrong. You'll learn.

I am one that can "clear up a lot of Gentile heresy," but first as to: "Show me in Genesis..15..where Gentiles are mentioned or included in the Abrahamic Covenant..YOU CAN'T." They may not, but I can.

Which Gentiles were saved in Abraham's terrifying dark dream (Gen. 15)? After Joseph was hated, sold, handed over to the Egyptians, falsely accused, put in prison with two criminals, then raised to the throne, which Gentiles did Joseph save? Do you understand these things?

May require another thread to finish this, though.
Seems this op has been hijacked from the original subject

John 7:38–39 (ESV) — 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’ ” 39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

John promises the indwelling of the Spirit will transpire upon the glorification of Christ

In the book of Acts we see

Acts 2:1–33 (ESV) — 1 When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. 2 And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. 3 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. 4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. 5 Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. 6 And at this sound the multitude came together, and they were bewildered, because each one was hearing them speak in his own language. 7 And they were amazed and astonished, saying, “Are not all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?” 13 But others mocking said, “They are filled with new wine.” 14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel: 17 “ ‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; 18 even on my male servants and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy. 19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke; 20 the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. 21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’ 22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know— 23 this Jesus, delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men. 24 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it. 25 For David says concerning him, “ ‘I saw the Lord always before me, for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken; 26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; my flesh also will dwell in hope. 27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One see corruption. 28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’ 29 “Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33 Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing.

Having been glorified Christ had poured what was seen on the day of Pentecost

The Jews were the first to be indwelt by the Spirit and accompanying Charimata speaking in tongues was the sign of it

At the receiving of the Spirit of both the Samaritans and the Gentiles there were observable signs

The gentiles we know spoke in tongues and there was an unstated visable sign at the Samaritans reception

Tongues was certain the initial evidence the Spirit had taken up residence in the gentiles

and it is likely tongues was the sign at the Samaritans reception

Good to hear. Now I can stop spending all this money on milk just for the pictures on the carton.

Here's something you may not know. Prophecy is about past, present, and future as much as Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13: 8; Eccl. 1:9.)

As I said and is true, everyone was an Adamite until the Abram the Hebrew (Gen. 14:13), his covenant, and circumcision divided the obedient Hebrew people (seed of the woman) from the disobedient Adamites (seed of the serpent.) God did command them to be fruitful and multiply, but most everyone chose to remain together (Gen. 11.)

Joseph is a type of Christ and Egyptians were Gentile (non-Hebrew.) But there are also dissimilarities. Joseph was second-in-command. Jesus was top tier. Egyptians were Egyptians. And the Roman Empire was not all Italians. Especially not in the armies.

God is able to declare the end from the beginning because He ordained the end. From His eternal perspective everything is already said and done, Christ sits on the throne, judgment is past, and eternity is in full swing. This is why to be absent from the body (from our perspective in time) is to be present with the LORD because in death time doesn't exist and in death, we enter the eternal state while from the perspective in time bodies can be in the grave decades and millennia, but the soul is already with the LORD and all things are finished.

Allegory is a Greek term developed by Augustine (if memory serves.) The Scripture was all literal unless the context required spiritualizing or symbolism/representation (like Tabernacle.) God says what He means, and He means what He says. It was literal. He spoke and it was understood and obeyed. Man has made all these engines and methods to understanding His Word. Usually, to find ways of disobeying Him with all kinds of ways to take His Word and twist it to mean something never intended just so that "we" don't have to obey. That stuff occurs here to some extent. When the Word goes forth to do what it was sent to do men like to bring up methods of interpretation just so they don't lose arguments and be proven wrong. You'll learn.
You are all over the place, and it looks like your are just trying to give an answer, any answer.
So lets see if we agree on anything.

Is Abraham's terrifying dark dream a prophecy?
I will be very clear in my answer, I say, "Yes!"

Could one prophecy about the Gentiles coming into existence?
My answer is "Yes." That is what prophcey is "things that are not yet done."

You are in much error. Even about who Jesus is "top tier," A father is greater than their son, even though the son is equal to their father.

But it seem we would have to start another thread. So this is my last post in this thread.

You are all over the place, and it looks like your are just trying to give an answer, any answer.
So lets see if we agree on anything.
You obviously do not know what I know.
Is Abraham's terrifying dark dream a prophecy?
I will be very clear in my answer, I say, "Yes!"
Yes.
And so was God's word to him in Genesis 15:13-15.
Could one prophecy about the Gentiles coming into existence?
My answer is "Yes." That is what prophcey is "things that are not yet done."
God prophesied several times that Israel would fall into sin and judgment, not just once. So, it was done before and it repeated itself. There are many elements of prophecy in Revelation that happened before. So, it's not "things that are not yet done."
Here's a key to understanding the ministry of a prophet. A prophet fore-tells, and a prophet forth-tells.
Learn something. If you humble yourself, you will learn. But a prideful man can learn nothing.
And I can fore-tell and forth-tell you have a lot to learn.
You are in much error. Even about who Jesus is "top tier," A father is greater than their son, even though the son is equal to their father.
I wasn't comparing Jesus with the Father. You were the one to compare Jesus and Joseph and I merely said Jesus is "top teir" meaning His is King and Joseph was not.
But it seem we would have to start another thread. So this is my last post in this thread.
There is no we. But get on with your bad self.

You do not know proper hermenuetics

Proper hermenuetics gives the New Testament priority over the old
I know this is a standard position and I've stated this as a concept myself. Of course it should never be presented as if the Bble itsself states "interpret the old by the new" One of the notable contradictions to this concept is Revelation. So much of imagery there is only understood as it is connected back to the old to where ghe ideas are first presented in fuller context. In my Christian life this is a fairly new understanding of that dynamic.

Last edited:
I know this is a standard position and I've stated this as a concept myself. Of course it should never be presented as if the Bble itsself states "interpret the old by the new" One of the notable contradictions to this concept is Revelation. So much of imagery there is only understood as it is connected back to the old to where ghe ideas are first presented in fuller context. In my Christian life this is a fairly new understanding of that dynamic.
Yes, Revelation has much which must be investigated in the Old Testament

Ultimately however, the New Testament is the latest and greatest revelation we have of God as seen through the life of Christ.

Yes, Revelation has much which must be investigated in the Old Testament

Ultimately however, the New Testament is the latest and greatest revelation we have of God as seen through the life of Christ.
Yes, I agree with the idea of the Bible having ever widening revelation of truth over time..

Back
Top Bottom