How Christ’s death secures the salvation of those who believe.

Theophilus

In the gospel of Matthew his Christology and Soteriology go hand in hand. I think it's a great mistake to isolate various Christian doctrines one from another, especially these two.

We can see what the church said about Christ, that the issue was Christological. But at the level of why the church said what it said about Christ, the underlying issue was soteriological. This is why I say Christology and Soteriology go hand in hand, and I believe it is very important for us to grasp the soteriology that lay behind the church’s Christology in order to understand that Christology itself.

Soteriology is the study of salvation. It guards against false understanding about salvation and helps ensure we know if we’re truly saved from God’s wrath for our sin.
Christology is the study of the Person and work of Jesus Christ, particularly Jesus’ primary work—salvation. (Luke 19:10; I Timothy 1:15-16).

Yes, to be saved, we need something to be saved from.

Sin and wrath go hand and hand in the Bible, and all have sinned.

But some make forgiveness so cheap that God's holy Law can be violated and God's righteous standard can be ignored, and God can let go of sins with no vindication or retribution of his just standard, just like a Muslim or an Orthodox Jew.

This takes the form of denying eternal conscious torment in hell or the substitutionary punishment of wrath for our sins in Christ.

The CROSS OF CHRIST is what makes the Christian doctrine UNIQUE, in that God himself takes our punishment for us!

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: (Phil. 3:18 NKJ)

we are being saved from the evil realm
(mystery-babylon, and its sin nature which is its good and evil tree)

mystery-babylon, with adam,
imprisoned us after the fall

they are unspeakably evil

the cross is not a sacrificial fetish object

Christ suffered very much for us
at the hands of God's enemy...

God never changes.

He loves Christ very much and He loves us who are His souls very much.

He never would torture Christ or us.
It is the satanic realm who did that to us.
They are the creepy ones who torture.

God hates esau. That is where His wrath is directed.

He never would torture Christ or us.
It is the satanic realm who did that to us.
They are the creepy ones who torture.

God hates esau. That is where His wrath is directed.
The most amazing chapter-

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Shalom
J.

The most amazing chapter-

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
Isa 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
Isa 53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Shalom
J.
how does that relate to what I said ?

the ancient texts are there to study. the lucifer chapter is about Adam who works for the sons of ammon in the other reality.

Where are the ancient texts re the Lucifer chapter and Adam who works for the sons of Amon?
Ancient texts such as
scripture
egyptian hieroglyphs.

The chapter in the OT of which it is
mistakenly assumed by many that the subject was lucifer when the subject is adam.

Adam did not die.

God is not a torturer.

esau / sons of ammon / satanic realm most definitely are.
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Eph 6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
Eph 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
Eph 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Eph 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Back
Top Bottom