God is Good all the time !

Got ya, my brain hasn't started working yet. Of course that might be a good thing.

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head, I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain
I'd unravel every riddle
For any individ'le
In trouble or in pain

'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.'

(2Ti 1:7)

'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on Thee:
because he trusteth in Thee.'

(Isa. 26:3 )

Praise God!

:)

'For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.'

(2Ti 1:7)

'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind is stayed on Thee:
because he trusteth in Thee.'

(Isa. 26:3 )

Praise God!

:)
Amen !!! :)

The more I studied this word in the Bible, the more one central concept seemed to jump out: God’s goodness conveys His generosity. His goodness means far more than His generosity, but it certainly includes His infinitely generous attitude toward us. By nature, He longs to bring joy and blessing to all His creatures.

The Bible repeatedly presents goodness as a core quality of our Lord, and I wanted to share just 23 of those occasions. These 23 verses point you to the goodness of our God and what it means for our lives.

The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth. Exodus 34:6

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord: “For He is good, for His mercy endures forever toward Israel.” Ezra 3:11

Good and upright is the Lord. Psalm 25:8

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

The Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies are over all His works. Psalm 145:9

No one is good but One, that is, God. Mark 10:18

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! Matthew 7:11

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works. Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, and I will declare Your greatness. They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, and shall sing of Your righteousness. Psalm 145:5-7

He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. Psalm 33:5

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8

Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting. Psalm 100:4-5

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness. Psalm 107:8-9

As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. Psalm 103:13-14

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness. Psalm 143:10

The Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him. Psalm 92:15

You are good, and do good; teach me Your statutes. Psalm 119:68

You also gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, and did not withhold Your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst. Nehemiah 9:20

Hear me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good; turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies. Psalm 69:16

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7

Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. Psalm 31:19-20
Hello Maurice,

Thank you for listing these references to God's goodness. :)

What came into my mind while reading through them, was a verse which is close to my heart: forgive me if I quote the passage in which it comes ((Eph 2:1-10) :-

And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,
.. according to the prince of the power of the air,
.... spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
...... Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
........ fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
.......... and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us,
.. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )
.... And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
...... That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace
........ in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
.......... For by grace are ye saved through faith;
............ and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.'

Praise God!

* That little word, 'kindness', to me, is an expression of God's goodness, and will be received by us, through Christ Jesus, our risen Lord, during the ages to come.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Did that already. Read before posting is always a good policy
Yes the 2 wills of God is a fallacy , a strawman and unfounded in scripture. It’s just another man made doctrine like tulip and PSA . It’s a must for Calvinism to be bought into by anyone. Just like PSA was necessary to be created because of tulip. Pull one LEGO from any of the refined doctrines and it all comes tumbling and crashing down like pixie sticks.

As Lorraine Boettner so astutely said. Remove 1 of the 5 points and they all fall.

It’s a tangled web used to catch people.

Yes the 2 wills of God is a fallacy , a strawman and unfounded in scripture. It’s just another man made doctrine like tulip and PSA . It’s a must for Calvinism to be bought into by anyone. Just like PSA was necessary to be created because of tulip. Pull one LEGO from any of the refined doctrines and it all comes tumbling and crashing down like pixie sticks.

As Lorraine Boettner so astutely said. Remove 1 of the 5 points and they all fall.

It’s a tangled web used to catch people.
More empty rhetoric with no substance. Are you a billboard?

I'm knowledgeable on the topic as a former calvinist for over 4 decades. :)

" Prove any one of them false and the whole system must be abandoned. They are found to dovetail perfectly one into the other. They are so many links in the great chain of causes, and not one of them can be taken away without marring and subverting the whole Gospel plan of salvation through Christ."

It was my expertise for years and I know the doctrines inside out, upside down and every which way. :)

Just let me know what you want to know about calvinism that you cannot answer. I have the answers as I debated non calvinists for decades. :)

I'm knowledgeable on the topic as a former calvinist for over 4 decades. :)

" Prove any one of them false and the whole system must be abandoned. They are found to dovetail perfectly one into the other. They are so many links in the great chain of causes, and not one of them can be taken away without marring and subverting the whole Gospel plan of salvation through Christ."

It was my expertise for years and I know the doctrines inside out, upside down and every which way. :)

Just let me know what you want to know about calvinism that you cannot answer. I have the answers as I debated non calvinists for decades. :)
Seems to ne a empty claim to me.

I see no evidence of said expertise.

Pride goes before the fall.

Don't sit by the phone.

Seems to ne a empty claim to me.

I see no evidence of said expertise.

Pride goes before the fall.

Don't sit by the phone.
Boettner one of the greatest calvinist theologians said it and I quoted him. I see you don't know your own calvinist theologians and what they said and taught.

I do and call tell you how they all differ on several topics within calvinism. :)

next.......................

Boettner one of the greatest calvinist theologians said it and I quoted him. I see you don't know your own calvinist theologians and what they said and taught.

I do and call tell you how they all differ on several topics within calvinism. :)

next.......................
So what. Who said I have to walk in lock step? Strange arguement

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for listing these references to God's goodness. :)

What came into my mind while reading through them, was a verse which is close to my heart: forgive me if I quote the passage in which it comes ((Eph 2:1-10) :-

And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world,
.. according to the prince of the power of the air,
.... spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
...... Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
........ fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind;
.......... and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God, Who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us,
.. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )
.... And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
...... That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace
........ in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
.......... For by grace are ye saved through faith;
............ and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.'

Praise God!

* That little word, 'kindness', to me, is an expression of God's goodness, and will be received by us, through Christ Jesus, our risen Lord, during the ages to come.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
My pleasure. Actually the word of God is what gives me the most joy.

Substance from a Calvinist no less ;)

I can back up my claims with calvinism and what theologians claim, say and teach.

Loraine Boettner has stated on p. 59 of his book, The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination,

"prove any one of them true and all of the others will follow as logical and necessary parts of the system. Prove any one of them false and the whole system must be abandoned."

1)I have already proven irresistible grace is not true with Acts 7:51

2)I have proven the atonement is not limited- John 1:20, 3:16, 1 Tim 2:4-6, 2 Pet 3:9 and 1 John 2:2

3)I have proven that election is not unconditional- whosoever will may come, that means all, everyone from numerous passages . John 1:12 John 3:16

hope this helps !!!

Substance from a Calvinist no less ;)

I can back up my claims with calvinism and what theologians claim, say and teach.

Loraine Boettner has stated on p. 59 of his book, The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination,

"prove any one of them true and all of the others will follow as logical and necessary parts of the system. Prove any one of them false and the whole system must be abandoned."

1)I have already proven irresistible grace is not true with Acts 7:51

2)I have proven the atonement is not limited- John 1:20, 3:16, 1 Tim 2:4-6, 2 Pet 3:9 and 1 John 2:2

3)I have proven that election is not unconditional- whosoever will may come, that means all, everyone from numerous passages . John 1:12 John 3:16

hope this helps !!!
Whoppe. Committing the appeal to authority fallacy does not help.

Whoppe. Committing the appeal to authority fallacy does not help.
I proved you accusation was wrong. Thanks for admitting finally I was right with my statement about the false teaching of tulip- remove 1 pedal and it all collapses. :)

I proved you accusation was wrong. Thanks for admitting finally I was right with my statement about the false teaching of tulip- remove 1 pedal and it all collapses. :)
It does and I agree. If one falls they all fall. You have not removed one petal despite your boisterous childish claims

Sure you have. Like I said boisterous and childish.
Jesus and the Apostles take down limited atonement

1 John 2:2-He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 2:15-17
-Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

1 John 4:3-6- but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

1 John 4:14- And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world

1 John 5:19
- We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Now its very clear from the Lexicon definition and in 1 John that the cosmos/world does not mean Gods elect (that is Calvinism) not what John means in his epistle. It clearly means everyone with no exceptions in this world, all of its inhabitants who make up the ungodly multitude. It is clearly all inclusive of everyone, all, the entire world that lies under the evil one in opposition to God from the context of 1 John.

Only someone with a closed mind trapped in their dogma/doctrine would argue otherwise resulting in eisegesis( reading their own ideas into the text) rather than exegesis ( letting the text dictate ones ideas ).

We see above that the whole world lies under the evil one and its that same identical whole world in 1 John 2:2 that Jesus made PROPITIATION for which is clear from the CONTEXT in 1 John.

So if the above truth from 1 John 2:2 which is clear as to the biblical meaning is all inclusive not exclusive ( Gods elect Jew/Gentiles) which comes from ones dogma/doctrine ( calvinism) and not Scripture and specifically in 1 John makes me a non calvinist then I'm here to official renounce my association with that group.

John 3:16- For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son that WHOSOEVER believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Its that world whom Christ made propitiation which is everyone, all humanity, all the world and its inhabitants as the Greek lexicons define the meaning of world which includes everyone.

Jesus teaching destroys Free will below.

Notice in Numbers whoever looked at the snake lived and did not die- those who did not look at the snake died. The willingly looked and lived. Just like in the N.T. those who look to Jesus live, no coersion, no forcing one to look. ITs up to man to accept the snake or reject the snake which can save them.

Multiple Choice Question below :

Numbers 21:9: So Moses made a bronze serpent and put it on the flag pole; and it came about, that if a serpent bit _________, and he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

1. Everyone
2. An Elect Person
3. A Lucky Lottery Winner

Biblical Answer !

John 3:14-15
Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him

Numbers 21:8-9
The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Matthew 13- The Parable of the Sower

1The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

T- man can choose to hear, see and receive the gospel
U- all can choose to believe and receive as demonstrated in the parable of the 4 soils
L- all soils received the seed without exception
I- 3 soils resisted all but 1 soil remained faithful and did not resist
P- 3/4 soils ( minds/hearts )did not preserver in the faith

1- Only something alive can be choked. You cannot choke the dead. And as we can see they all had life to begin with in each soil.
2- Only something alive can be scorched by the Sun and withered.
3- Only someone alive can receive the word in the heart and have it snatched away
4- Only someone alive can receive the word with Joy and endure for a while

hope this helps !!!

Luke 14:23 And the master said to the servant, ‘Go out to the highways and hedges and compel (αναγκασον) people to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I tell you, none of those men who were invited shall taste my banquet.’” @synergy. Remember this from the old forum :) The Greek word αναγκασον is to urge or compel, not irresistibly draw.

There are 4 major Calvinist pillars that fall with the Parable of the Wedding Feast which is connected to the Parable of the Sower above.
  1. Monergism (Total Depravity),
  2. Preservation of Saints (many called by God but few chosen by God),
  3. Irresistible Grace (many called by God but few chosen by God),
  4. and even Limited Atonement because as many as could possibly be found were invited
hope this helps !!!

Back
Top Bottom