God is Good all the time !

He is sad and grieved that His will is not being done by some because that is what He determined to occur for His purposes to be accomplished. Nothing can thwart His will or His purpose.
Sorry Presby but didn't you just trip over your own words? You said NOTHING can thwart his will but you started by saying he is sad and grieved his will IS NOT being done. So which is it? Is his will being done in every moment of time or is it not? I say it's not. I don't believe you truly believe it is either or you wouldn't have said what you did in the first line of your statement.

You can come out of your scrambler theology which pulls you one way and then pulls you back the other keeping you in confusion. Have the courage to rise up and say CORRECT I'm done with it! And don't pull back thinking we will pride ourselves in beating you in something. We truly do care for you and would merely like to see you get on the right track. God Bless.

Sorry Presby but didn't you just trip over your own words? You said NOTHING can thwart his will but you started by saying he is sad and grieved his will IS NOT being done. So which is it? Is his will being done in every moment of time or is it not? I say it's not. I don't believe you truly believe it is either or you wouldn't have said what you did in the first line of your statement.

You can come out of your scrambler theology which pulls you one way and then pulls you back the other keeping you in confusion. Have the courage to rise up and say CORRECT I'm done with it! And don't pull back thinking we will pride ourselves in beating you in something. We truly do care for you and would merely like to see you get on the right track. God Bless.
No I did not say it, the Bible does. LOL

Got a answer? Hebrews 1:3 Colossians 1:17

hope you can help
Its about the creation of our universe with the meaning of all things and not your presuppositions. The context makes that abundantly clear.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

cf- Heb 11:3- By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.

Colossians 1- The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

1 Cor 8:6- yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we exist. And there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we exist.

I knew what you were going to quote and knew you had no leg to stand on. Its about the creation of our universe/world to which all things pertain. Not your calvinist assumptions you have read into the text.

hope this helps !!!

Its about the creation of our universe with the meaning of all things and not your presuppositions. The context makes that abundantly clear.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

cf- Heb 11:3- By faith we understand that the world has been created by the word of God so that what is seen has not been made out of things that are visible.

Colossians 1- The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

John 1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made

I knew what you were going to quote and knew you had no leg to stand on.

hope this helps !!!
Nope. It's written in the present tense. "sustains all things". Not did sustain all things at creation
Poor effort.

Notice folks now all does not mean all without exception any more.

You skipped over Colossians 1:17. Shocker

still need help!!!

Nope. It's written in the present tense. "sustains all things". Not did sustain all things at creation
Poor effort.

Notice folks now all does not mean all without exception any more.

You skipped over Colossians 1:17. Shocker

still need help!!!
sorry its the creation account in every single one of the 5 passages I quoted. you are denying the scriptures teaching and reading into it your false assumptions.

sorry its the creation account in every single one of the 5 passages I quoted. you are denying the scriptures teaching and reading into it your false assumptions.
Sorry, it's written in the present tense. Sustains all things. You are denying scripture. I am sure you understand how tense work right? Past, present and future. I have to ask given your silly take on this paticular passage. No offense. Just trying to help.

Sorry, it's written in the present tense. Sustains all things. You are denying scripture. I am sure you understand how tense work right? Past, present and future. I have to ask given your silly take on this paticular passage. No offense. Just trying to help.
He presently sustains His creation of all things He made in the beginning.

see how easy that was to refute. :)

BTW- I had 2 years of N.T. Greek I took in the mid 80's. My pastor was a N.T. Greek and Hebrew Scholar who knows 8 languages. He was my next door neighbor and I learned from him one on one.

hope this helps !!!

No I did not say it, the Bible does. LOL
Look again at what your theology has done to you.

You've said nothing can thwart his will but he's sad and grieved his will is not being done.

Don't answer quickly back. How about just take a few days and think about what you've just said.

You've said nothing can thwart his will but he's sad and grieved his will is not being done.

Don't answer quickly back. How about just take a few days and think about what you've just said.
I have lots of popcorn ready. 🍿

His descriptive will, yes. His will based on His decree, no.

He presently sustains His creation of all things He made in the beginning.

see how easy that was to refute. :)

BTW- I had 2 years of N.T. Greek I took in the mid 80's. My pastor was a N.T. Greek and Hebrew Scholar who knows 8 languages. He was my next door neighbor and I learned from him one on one.

hope this helps !!!
Bingo! Glad I could help.

God could zap you at any second. He could allow the world to impress any time

His descriptive will, yes. His will based on His decree, no.
The only words that come to mind upon seeing you've said this is twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.

So you expect ANY one with a rational mind ever to be able to give you a passing grade that what you just said makes any coherent sense?

So readers I guess it's up to you. Is it worthy of your acceptance to believe God's will can never be thwarted but God is sad and grieved that his will is not being done?

He does? Another Provisionist presupposition.

Does will to save tge whole world? Yet He knowingly created a world where that would never happen.
quote your assumed 2 wills of God in scripture.

I'll get the popcorn ready for you to find the invisible verse with the 2 wills of God.

The only words that come to mind upon seeing you've said this is twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are.

So you expect ANY one with a rational mind ever to be able to give you a passing grade that what you just said makes any coherent sense?

So readers I guess it's up to you. Is it worthy of your acceptance to believe God's will can never be thwarted but God is sad and grieved that his will is not being done?
ditto its a losing battle when it comes to the Trinity. No Trinitarian believes God has 2 wills. Its calvinism at work to fix their theology and claim God has these 2 wills. Its nowhere found in Scripture.

So much for sola scripture lol.

quote your assumed 2 wills of God in scripture.

I'll get the popcorn ready for you to find the invisible verse with the 2 wills of God.
So do most theologians.

Perscriptive will: relates to the rule of duty to His rational creatures.

Descriptive will: concerns His purpose and relates to the fruition of events.

So do most theologians.

Perscriptive will: relates to the rule of duty to His rational creatures.

Descriptive will: concerns His purpose and relates to the fruition of events.
Nope God only has one will which was determined before creation and that everything occurs in the universe by His will, His choosing, His decree, His predestination, His Sovereignty, His election, the damning of the lost and the salvation of the chosen ones. etc..............

Calvinism 101. I usually have to remind calvinists what calvinism teaches.

The Bible never mentions God has 2 wills. Its man made theology at work.

Viva Sola Scriptura !!!!

Back
Top Bottom