God is Good all the time !

So Calvinists should be asking God why is it you don't want people to believe in Calvinism? I mean if they don't that has to mean you didn't want them to correct? So why are you telling me to seek to persuade them but you're doing a sabotage act against my work. That would be like you've told me to run a race but unknown to me you've tied both of my shoelaces together from both of my shoes and I go stumbling off of the line. Do you want me to run the race with this thing or not?
I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe I wasn't clear in my Post. The idea I was trying to convey was in regards to God's long suffering with Calvinist who in my belief paint the wrong picture of God.

But God also allows them to choose to leave Calvinism. He breaks those shoelaces and set them free.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Maybe I wasn't clear in my Post. The idea I was trying to convey was in regards to God's long suffering with Calvinist who in my belief paint the wrong picture of God.

But God also allows them to choose to leave Calvinism. He breaks those shoelaces and set them free.
Sure and I agree. I was just adding other things that Calvinists need to consider as well.

Sure and I agree. I was just adding other things that Calvinists need to consider as well.
Got ya, my brain hasn't started working yet. Of course that might be a good thing.

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head, I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain
I'd unravel every riddle
For any individ'le
In trouble or in pain

No need when He is omniscient.
yet God is long suffering and God wept over the unbelief and stiff necked Jews who rejected Him. How He longed for and tried to care for them like a mother hen over her brood. But they wouldn't let Him and resisted God and rebelled against Him. They died in unbelief.

So much for determinism and Gods will being accomplished. God is not willing that any should perish but for all men to come to repentance and be saved.

But again in calvinism we see God gives/grants repentance so here we see another OXYMORON within the systematic, another contradiction.

hope this helps !!!

No need when He is omniscient.
No offence Presby but aren't you really trying to go around the issue? Do you believe everything at every moment of time is the will of God or don't you? That is what Calvinists believe correct? Everything is ordained? Why therefore would he be suffering (long suffering)?? If everything was the will of God why would he not be in a constant state of being pleased???

yet God is long suffering and God wept over the unbelief and stiff necked Jews who rejected Him. How He longed for and tried to care for them like a mother hen over her brood. But they wouldn't let Him and resisted God and rebelled against Him. They died in unbelief.

So much for determinism and Gods will being accomplished. God is not willing that any should perish but for all men to come to repentance and be saved.

But again in calvinism we see God gives/grants repentance so here we see another OXYMORON within the systematic, another contradiction.

hope this helps !!!
God's will is always accomplished. Job 42, Proverbs 21:30, IsIsaiah 14:27

God's will is always accomplished. Job 42, Proverbs 21:30, IsIsaiah 14:27
No its not otherwise Jesus wouldn't tell us to pray for Gods will here on earth to be done.

Its not Gods will that anyone perishes. 2 Pt 3:9

but we know most perish on the broad road and few are saved on the narrow road.

hope this helps !!!

No offence Presby but aren't you really trying to go around the issue? Do you believe everything at every moment of time is the will of God or don't you? That is what Calvinists believe correct? Everything is ordained? Why therefore would he be suffering (long suffering)?? If everything was the will of God why would he not be in a constant state of being pleased???
No offense but how does that work when God knew for a eternity?

Civic now denies scripture. That slope is getting slippery
no you deny Jesus teaching and the Apostles. God is not willing ( not His will ) that anyone perishes.

but we know they do. so much for sovereignty and Gods will in calvinism.

yes you are on a slippery slope.

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them: 'As surely as I live, declares the Lord GOD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked should turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

1 Timothy 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

hope this helps !!!

Say to them: 'As surely as I live, declares the Lord GOD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked should turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?'

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

no you deny Jesus teaching and the Apostles. God is not willing ( not His will ) that anyone perishes.

but we know they do. so much for sovereignty and Gods will in calvinism.

yes you are on a slippery slope.

hope this helps !!!
My texts, actually relevant to tge topic, remain unaddressed.

that would help !!!

Got ya, my brain hasn't started working yet. Of course that might be a good thing.

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
And my head, I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain
I'd unravel every riddle
For any individ'le
In trouble or in pain
I think your brain is working well. I like your Wizard of Oz eg.

Thinking of the Tin Man, Scarecrow and Lion.

Tin Man: Calvinism is a religious paradigm which has it's heart ripped out of it. It's lacks the true feeling and passion of how God's heart longs to impart eternal life to everyone of his creatures.

Scarecrow: Calvinists have good brains but they're just not using them correctly. They merely need to start rightly dividing the WORD of TRUTH.

Lion: Calvinists just need to assert courage and not be afraid to rise up and challenge the thought they have of God's character. Courage only needs to play out one step at a time. Here's hoping they'll move that direction.

No offense but how does that work when God knew for a eternity?
It works extremely well in a Non Calvinists way. He's still sad and grieved that his will is not being done by some. During the period of time where he's in the longsuffering mode his will is not being done.

But now your turn. You believe God's will is ALWAYS, ALWAYS being done. So now maybe you can explain why therefore there would be suffering at all and not that he'd be constantly pleased?

It works extremely well in a Non Calvinists way. He's still sad and grieved that his will is not being done by some. During the period of time where he's in the longsuffering mode his will is not being done.

But now your turn. You believe God will is ALWAYS, ALWAYS being done. So now maybe you can explain why therefore would be suffering at all and not be constantly pleased?
Well stated Amigo :)

evil, wickedness, rape, murder, genocide, lying is all gods will in calvinism, even babies in hell. all for his glory too.

Yet we know God is Good all the time, loving all the time. Its His nature/character to be that way. :)

Which god is the True God ?

Which god is Good ?

It works extremely well in a Non Calvinists way. He's still sad and grieved that his will is not being done by some. During the period of time where he's in the longsuffering mode his will is not being done. Much like hardening Pharaoh's heart.

But now your turn. You believe God will is ALWAYS, ALWAYS being done. So now maybe you can explain why therefore would be suffering at all and not be constantly pleased?
He is sad and grieved that His will is not being done by some because that is what He determined to occur for His purposes to be accomplished. Nothing can thwart His will or His purpose.

Back
Top Bottom