Favoritism in Unconditional Election

You have no idea-and @civic is enjoying this with you-but it is no skin of my nose and if you want to stay stunted in your growth that's on you, ain't it?

What value do you expect to get out of this?

I've tried many times in my life to "forge" ahead when God had other plans for me. Chastening isn't fun.

If the Calvinist were right, there would never be any chastening for them. After all, they are chosen. Christ was perfect wasn't He? Can anyone lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is Christ that justifies.....

Time to "crow" here. Boasting is required.

Quote the confessed belief in predetermined foreknowledge, and I will respond to that.

You've changed recently. I'm glad you have. You're mellowing a little. I welcome it. You are trying to form a more consistent response. You've never been dumb. You're an intelligent person but your are still resisting. I know you can respond "in kind".

Tell me what you believe in this. I will accept it. Don't you believe in foreknowledge being the power of God to accomplish exactly what He wanted before you were born?

You've changed recently. I'm glad you have. You're mellowing a little. I welcome it. You are trying to form a more consistent response. You've never been dumb. You're an intelligent person but your are still resisting. I know you can respond "in kind".

Tell me what you believe in this. I will accept it. Don't you believe in foreknowledge being the power of God to accomplish exactly what He wanted before you were born?
No, that's not what I believe.

If its of conditions you must meet, its no longer grace ! Its works
Romans 4:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 4:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
That verse does not prove that faith is something that comes from us. It simply explains that it cannot be of works. The context begins here (after the part about the fact that Abraham believed God without circumcision):

13 For not through law [is] the promise to Abraham, or to his seed, of his being heir of the world, but through the righteousness of faith;

Taken from the same chapter:

4 and to him who is working, the reward is not reckoned of grace, but of debt;

So if you claim "This is the work of God" means "This is the work required by God", then salvation is the reward of debt, not grace.

That verse does not prove that faith is something that comes from us. It simply explains that it cannot be of works. The context begins here (after the part about the fact that Abraham believed God without circumcision:

13 For not through law [is] the promise to Abraham, or to his seed, of his being heir of the world, but through the righteousness of faith;
Salvation is based on faith rather than adherence to the law, in order to emphasize God's grace and ensure that the promise of salvation is certain for all who share Abraham's faith, thus highlighting Abraham's significance as a spiritual father to believers of all nations.

Romans 4:11 (NIV): "And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them."

Galatians 3:7 (NIV): "Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham."

Galatians 3:9 (NIV): "So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."

Galatians 3:29 (NIV): "If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

James 2:23 (NIV): "And the scripture was fulfilled that says, 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,' and he was called God’s friend."

Hebrews 11:8-12 (NIV): This passage recounts Abraham's faith journey and highlights his significance as a model of faith for all believers.

These verses emphasize that Abraham is not only the physical ancestor of the Jewish people but also the spiritual father of all who share his faith in God. Believers from every nation are considered children of Abraham through their faith in Jesus Christ, and they inherit the promises of God alongside him.

Of course it's true, if you go by @civic interpretation. Jacob God loved but Esau God loved less. Therefore God loves some people more (or less) than he loves others.
Luke 14:26 (KJV 1900) — 26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

That verse does not prove that faith is something that comes from us. It simply explains that it cannot be of works. The context begins here (after the part about the fact that Abraham believed God without circumcision):

That was not its purpose but to show faith as a condition is consistent with grace

That was not its purpose but to show faith as a condition is consistent with grace
It's a condition, but the text does not say faith is something we do apart from the work of God. Again:

So if you claim "This is the work of God" means "This is the work required by God", then salvation is the reward of debt, not grace.

If its of conditions you must meet, its no longer grace ! Its works

It's a condition, but the text does not say faith is something we do apart from the work of God. Again:

sorry but again you substitute your understanding for the word of God

by failing to address a passage in its context and equivocating on word meaning

In john, work is anything you do

In Paul work speaks to what you have earned

He is clear that faith on the part of the believer does not earn salvation.

Taken from the same chapter:

Not true. You still owe a debt. You are indebted. Your living sacrifice is a reasonable SERVICE.

You are misread the reference.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

No matter how you slice it.... faith is never a work. However, your indebtedness to the work of Christ requires YOUR living sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom