Favoritism in Unconditional Election

Rhema appears here

Romans 10:8
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Romans 10:17
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:18
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

The Holy Bible: King James Version (Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version.; Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009).

I see nothing particularly significant in its use
Rhema is just the root word. rhēmatos is the spoken word, statement, someone saying, or utterance, and appears in only 7 places.

Rhema is just the root word. rhēmatos is the spoken word, statement, someone saying, or utterance, and appears in only 7 places.
If you feel comfortable with your claim, then why not take the challenge I put forth to you?

Your appeal to ignore the Greek root of any word is very problematic. Did you listen to @Johann about Morphology? What good is Morphology when you're not only ignoring it you have no idea of the etymology of the source?

I would like to see a systematic approach somewhere here. I want to deal with Greek Grammar and Syntax but I don't see it will be meaningful to you nor @Johann when you take such silly and self serving approaches when dealing with how languages are constructed.

I will say this, the problem with your approach thus far is significant. I can prove that authors of the NT used these words interchangeably. As much as you want to see a meaningfulness in a derivative of "Rhema", it is obvious the authors didn't see it your way.

Last edited:
More absurdity

They really really want to replace Christ and they don't often even realize it.

Christ was/is favored. It is a Satanic influence in their flavor of election.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

So much for their false claims to uniquely find "grace" among men.

So what?

Rhema appears here

Romans 10:8
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Romans 10:18
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

The Holy Bible: King James Version (Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version.; Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009).

There is nothing particularly significant in its use

rhematos appears here

Matthew 26:75
75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Mark 14:72
72 And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

Luke 2:17
17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

Luke 9:45
45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.

Luke 20:26
26 And they could not take hold of his words before the people: and they marvelled at his answer, and held their peace.

Acts 11:16
16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Bible: King James Version (Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version.; Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Mt 26:75–Ro 10:17.

Back
Top Bottom