Ephesians 1:4 Explained

Paul is speaking about individual salvation in Rom 9
Nope try again its the Nation of Israel and the Gentile nations.

Romans 9:3,30–32 - For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, 4 the people of Israel. What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. 32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone,

Romans 10:18–21- But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for “Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” 19 But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says, “I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry.” 20 Then Isaiah is so bold as to say, “I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.” 21 But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”

Romans 11:11,19–23-Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

hope this helps !!!

Sorry that is not found in the passage.

Righteousness is determined by faith or the lack of it

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900) — 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Those who believe obtain it and those who do not believe do not obtain it

You need to stop ignoring context
Its there but you cannot see it, I cant help you with that, my job is to tell the Truth, not to give sight, Jesus does that friend Lk 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Because it is not there and needs to be read into the passage
God doesnt give everyone to see the truth Matt 11

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Nope try again its the Nation of Israel and the Gentile nations.

Romans 9:3,30–32 - For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, 4 the people of Israel. What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. 32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone,

Romans 10:18–21- But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for “Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” 19 But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says, “I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry.” 20 Then Isaiah is so bold as to say, “I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.” 21 But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”

Romans 11:11,19–23-Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.

hope this helps !!!
Paul is speaking about individual salvation in Rom 9

Dont mean nothing, anybody can quote scripture and still dont believe it
well the few passages I quoted mention the nation of Israel and the Gentile nations no less than 10 times proving your view is the unbiblical view.

its to bad you deny Gods word in romans 9-11.

well the few passages I quoted mention the nation of Israel and the Gentile nations no less than 10 times proving your view is the unbiblical view.

its to bad you deny Gods word in romans 9-11.
Dont mean nothing, anybody can quote scripture and still dont believe it nor understand it

Dont mean nothing, anybody can quote scripture and still dont believe it nor understand it
You do not understand it thats rather OBVIOUS- see the bold below

God mentions Israel, Jews, Gentiles no less than 20 times in Romans 9 alone.

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

@brightfame52

Let’s analyze the text and explore how to address the broader theological question with biblical principles brother--

Text Analysis (Matthew 11:25-26):
Greek Text:

Verse 25: "Ἐν ἐκείνῳ τῷ καιρῷ ἀποκριθεὶς ὁ Ἰησοῦς εἶπεν, Ἐξομολογοῦμαί σοι, Πάτερ, Κύριε τοῦ οὐρανοῦ καὶ τῆς γῆς, ὅτι ἔκρυψας ταῦτα ἀπὸ σοφῶν καὶ συνετῶν καὶ ἀπεκάλυψας αὐτὰ νηπίοις·"
Verse 26: "ναί, ὁ Πατήρ, ὅτι οὕτως ἐγένετο εὐδοκία ἔμπροσθέν σου."
English Translation:
Verse 25: "At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes."
Verse 26: "Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight."
Exegesis and Hermeneutical Analysis:
Contextual Background:

Immediate Context: In Matthew 11, Jesus is addressing various cities that witnessed His miracles but did not repent. His prayer in verses 25-26 comes as a response to the rejection of His message by the learned and the acceptance of it by the humble.

Broader Context: The Gospel of Matthew frequently contrasts the responses to Jesus’ ministry between the religious leaders and the common people, highlighting the reversal of expectations in God’s kingdom.

Key Terms:

Wise and Prudent (σοφῶν καὶ συνετῶν): Refers to those who rely on their own understanding and wisdom, often the religious leaders and scholars.
Babes (νηπίοις): Symbolizes those who are humble and receptive, often considered insignificant by societal standards.
Theological Implications:

Divine Revelation: God’s revelation is a gracious act, given according to His will. It is not based on human wisdom or merit but on humility and openness to God’s truth.
Sovereignty and Grace: The passage underscores God’s sovereignty in revealing or hiding spiritual truths. It emphasizes that divine revelation is an act of grace, not a result of human effort or intellect.
Corrective Approach Using Biblical Exegesis and Hermeneutics:
God’s Desire for All to Know the Truth:

Scripture: 1 Timothy 2:3-4
Text: "This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."
Context and Analysis: This verse indicates God’s desire for all to be saved and know the truth, showing that God’s selective revelation in Matthew 11:25-26 does not imply an absolute exclusion but serves a specific purpose in His redemptive plan.
Responsibility of Human Response:

Scripture: Matthew 7:7-8
Text: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
Context and Analysis: Jesus encourages persistence in seeking God, indicating that the opportunity for revelation is available to those who earnestly seek it.
Inclusivity of the Gospel Message:

Scripture: John 3:16-17
Text: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
Context and Analysis: The gospel is presented as a universal offer of salvation, demonstrating God’s inclusive intent.
God’s Use of the Humble:

Scripture: 1 Corinthians 1:27-29
Text: "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him."

Context and Analysis: Paul explains that God often chooses those who are considered foolish or weak by the world’s standards to accomplish His purposes, emphasizing humility and dependence on God over human wisdom.

Conclusion:
The passage in Matthew 11:25-26 highlights the selective nature of God’s revelation, favoring the humble and receptive over the proud and self-reliant. However, this selective revelation serves a specific purpose within God’s redemptive plan and does not negate God’s desire for all to know the truth. By considering the broader biblical context, we see that God’s ultimate aim is inclusive and redemptive, inviting all to seek and find Him. Using principles of exegesis and hermeneutics, we can appreciate the balance between divine sovereignty and human responsibility in understanding and responding to God’s truth.

I'm not admonishing you brother-just giving you the context and the broader picture.

God bless
Johann

If it not in the scripture it just your imagination

Its there but you cannot see it, I cant help you with that, my job is to tell the Truth, not to give sight, Jesus does that friend Lk 4:18

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
You failed to address the scriptural rebuttal to your view

Romans 9:30–32 (KJV 1900) — 30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

You failed to address the scriptural rebuttal to your view

Dont need to,its a waste of time, you cant see it

Back
Top Bottom