Council of Nicea and Constantinople

I said copy Jesus and his teachings. Do you dispute copying Jesus and his teachings?

Jesus never worshipped himself nor instructed anyone to worship him. Jesus' example is worshipping and praying to the Father.

Matthew 26
39Going a little farther, He fell facedown and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will.”

Luke 10
21At that time Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight.

John 5
19So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.

John 17
1When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You.

Hebrews 5
7During the days of Jesus’ earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence.
That is wonderful to show Christ's humanity. Next you can examine the divinity of Christ in the Godhead. Maybe you have heard that the divinity of Christ has been central to the discussion. It gets tiresome that you neglect the center of the debate.

I just looked it up. The earliest is 4th century Greek texts= Catholicism translating.
You ignored this

• P90 (P. Oxy. 3523), is a small fragment of papyrus with portions of the Gospel of John (18:36-19:7) on both sides in Greek. It has been dated paleographically to the second century A.D.4 This text is part of the Oxyrhynchus papyri, a group of manuscripts discovered in the ancient garbage dump near Oxyrhynchus, Egypt.
  • Papayrus P104 (P. Oxy. 4404) is a second-century papyrus fragment that contains Matt. 21:34-37 on the front, and traces of verses 43 and 45 on the back.5 This manuscript is 6.35 cm by 9.5cm in size.

You ignored this

• P90 (P. Oxy. 3523), is a small fragment of papyrus with portions of the Gospel of John (18:36-19:7) on both sides in Greek. It has been dated paleographically to the second century A.D.4 This text is part of the Oxyrhynchus papyri, a group of manuscripts discovered in the ancient garbage dump near Oxyrhynchus, Egypt.
  • Papayrus P104 (P. Oxy. 4404) is a second-century papyrus fragment that contains Matt. 21:34-37 on the front, and traces of verses 43 and 45 on the back.5 This manuscript is 6.35 cm by 9.5cm in size.
Wait Tom! How can you use archaeological facts to dispute Keiw1's misconceptions of history? Is that really fair?

The other question is whether Keiw1 says the Peshitta is translated from the Latin.

Wait Tom! How can you use archaeological facts to dispute Keiw1's misconceptions of history? Is that really fair?

The other question is whether Keiw1 says the Peshitta is translated from the Latin.
Shame on me for using facts to dispute him

The consensus within biblical scholarship, although not universal, is that the Old Testament of the Peshitta was translated into Syriac from Biblical Hebrew, probably in the 2nd century CE, and that the New Testament of the Peshitta was translated from Koine Greek, probably in the early 5th century.[5][6] This New Testament, originally excluding certain disputed books (2 Peter, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation), had become a standard by the early 5th century. The five excluded books were added in the Harklean Version (616 CE) of Thomas of Harqel.[7][8][9] The New Testament of the Peshitta often reflects the Byzantine text-type, although with some variations.[10][11]

Shame on me for using facts to dispute him

The consensus within biblical scholarship, although not universal, is that the Old Testament of the Peshitta was translated into Syriac from Biblical Hebrew, probably in the 2nd century CE, and that the New Testament of the Peshitta was translated from Koine Greek, probably in the early 5th century.[5][6] This New Testament, originally excluding certain disputed books (2 Peter, 2 John, 3 John, Jude, Revelation), had become a standard by the early 5th century. The five excluded books were added in the Harklean Version (616 CE) of Thomas of Harqel.[7][8][9] The New Testament of the Peshitta often reflects the Byzantine text-type, although with some variations.[10][11]
I saw the Peshitta used in some commentaries of the 1800s. The Peshitta offers an attestation to the early scriptures from a different culture. I'm just not sure what controversies that it will clear up -- except for ones like this.

I saw the Peshitta used in some commentaries of the 1800s. The Peshitta offers an attestation to the early scriptures from a different culture. I'm just not sure what controversies that it will clear up -- except for ones like this.
Etheridge has a English translation of the Peshitta

Lamsa - from the Aramaic of the Peshitta

That is wonderful to show Christ's humanity. Next you can examine the divinity of Christ in the Godhead. Maybe you have heard that the divinity of Christ has been central to the discussion. It gets tiresome that you neglect the center of the debate.
Jesus is a man with a God he worshipped, prayed to, and depended on just like the rest of his brothers and sisters. Are you copying his ways like he said to?

Jesus is a man with a God he worshipped, prayed to, and depended on just like the rest of his brothers and sisters. Are you copying his ways like he said to?
More denigration of the identity of Christ. You do not understand his ministry on earth and then you use that to deny his deity. You are not following the basics of scripture. It is harder then to get into the nuances. I'm not sure how long you have been reading scripture, but you need to be under the instruction of a good teacher for now.

You still pretend this is Catholicism. Please learn history before you start trying to speak on it. Otherwise, you are wasting people's time and patience.
I have learned history. Catholicism = 2Thess 2:3--they screwed it all up because Jesus was never with them.

You ignored this

A fragment is not the bible.

Back
Top Bottom