An Article on free will

The disciples did not understand many things which includes the gospel. They did not believe it until they physically saw Jesus Resurrected from the dead. They were not born again until the Day of Pentecost which Jesus told them to wait for in the upper room.

Matthew 16:8-11
Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked, “You of little faith, why are you talking among yourselves about having no bread? 9 Do you still not understand? Don’t you remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 10 Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many basketfuls you gathered? 11 How is it you don’t understand that I was not talking to you about bread?

Mark 7:18
And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, itcannot defile him;

Mark 8:31-33
He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. 32 He spoke plainly about this, and Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Luke 9:43-45
While everyone was marveling at all that Jesus did, he said to his disciples, 44 “Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you: The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men.” 45 But they did not understand what this meant. It was hidden from them, so that they did not grasp it, and they were afraid to ask him about it.

Jesus predicts His death a 3rd time

Luke 18:31-34

Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. 32 He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; 33 they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.”
34 The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about.

Luke 24:25-26

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?

John 7:39
By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

John 12:16
At first His disciples did not understand these things, but after Jesus was glorified they remembered what had been done to Him, and they realized that these very things had also been written about Him.

John 13
Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.”

Jesus promised the disciples He would bring to their remembrance when Pentecost came and the Holy Spirit would be in them and guide them into all truth.

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you

John 16:7
"It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart I will send him unto you."

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Paul and Peter claim they were guided by the Holy Spirit in the writing of new Scripture.

Romans 15:4. 'For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we, through the patience and comfort of the Scripture might have hope. The OT was actually written for Christians and, indeed, for our times! Therefore we should certainly not ignore it.

Colossians 1:25-27 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship of God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to the saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1Peter 1:10-12.Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied to you of the grace that would come to you, searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow. To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us they were ministering the things which have now been reported to you through those who have preached the gospel yo you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven- things that even angels desire to look into.

These passages from Paul and Peter tell us that the OT prophets didn't fully understand their own writings. It is Paul to whom the 'mystery' of Christ has finally been fully revealed and who can fully understand the OT. Because of that we are able to read it in the light of the New Testament revelation. Jesus said it was Him that the scriptures testify to from Genesis through Malachi. John 5:39. These are the Scriptures that testify of Me.' The OT is all about the Lord Jesus Christ and we should expect to find Him in the Law of Moses, the Psalms and the Prophets just as Jesus told His disciples in the gospels.

Revelation is progressive from old to new and we need the new to understand and comprehend the old. We see this in Peters own life how He was transformed after Pentecost and was able at that time forward of proclaim with boldness and understanding the gospel as we read in Acts and his epistles just as Jesus promised to him that He would bring to remembrance all the things He has taught him. The same with John, James and Jude.

hope this helps !!!

Praise Lord Jesus! Matthew 16:8-11, John 7:39, John 12:16, John 13:7, John 14:26, John 16:7, and John 16:13 were verses posted by you.

The Lord Jesus Christ prevented me from responding to you with passages like Matthew 16:8-11, John 7:39, John 12:16, John 13:7, John 14:26, John 16:7, and John 16:13, yet I wanted to share the concepts represented in these verses, but God assured me that His Hand would be evident.

Now, God revealed God's purpose in causing me not to post verses such as Matthew 16:8-11, John 7:39, John 12:16, John 13:7, John 14:26, John 16:7, and John 16:13.

You wrote "The disciples did not understand many things which includes the gospel".

Also, you wrote "Jesus promised the disciples He would bring to their remembrance when Pentecost came and the Holy Spirit would be in them and guide them into all truth".

The combination of your two writings, there, culminate in the following conveyance:

A dead in sin person cannot righteously perceive King Jesus of the Kingdom of God unless that dead in sin person is born anew by God because thus says King Jesus "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

"The dead do not praise the LORD" (Psalm 115:17).

Behold, you worked very hard to arrive precisely where God had me post to you in the post to which you replied.

@civic, God causes me to ask you again, where is your answer to God's question as presented in the following?

you ask the wrong question with faulty presuppositions - the question is not does God hide or blind some to the truth?

I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes” (Lord Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25).

You believe not the Word of God!

the real question is why does God blind some and not others ?

you do not know the answer or will deny the answer to that ?

Hear the Word of the Lord:

Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.
(Job 38:4)

I'm ready for a response to this question, civic.

Answer, you wise and intelligent one.

A dead in sin person cannot righteously perceive King Jesus of the Kingdom of God unless that dead in sin person is born anew by God because thus says King Jesus "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3).

"The dead do not praise the LORD" (Psalm 115:17).

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

Same mindless repetition seen over and over while rebuttal is ignored

John 15:5 is addressed to believers not unbelievers and it concerns bearing fruit

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:5), so the fruit of believing in Jesus is constrained to exclusively we who live in Jesus and Jesus living in us. We Christians cannot believe in Christ apart from Christ for thus is the Word of Christ!

Your belief is apart from Christ because you believe you have free-will apart from Christ.

John 3:3 see here is equivalent to entering or experiencing not observing

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3), so a dead in sin person cannot righteously perceive King Jesus of the Kingdom of God unless that dead in sin person is born anew by God.

Lord Jesus establishes His equivalency of "see" and "perceive" in His blessed saying "You will indeed hear but not understand, and you will indeed see but not perceive" (Matthew 13:14).

In the very same dialog that Jesus opens with "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3) and linguistically confused you sees "John 3:3 see here is equivalent to entering or experiencing not observing", Jesus declared in the closing of the dialog “he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21), so the "work" of "see the Kingdom of God" is "wrought in God".

Your belief of "John 3:3 see here is ... not observing" is anti-truth. Christ literally and figuratively uses the word "see" here which denotes "observe".

John 15:16 choice of the apostles

You did not choose Me, but I chose you” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19), so Jesus exclusively chooses His disciples/believers yesterday, today, and tomorrow (if He causes tomorrow).

You believe that you chose Christ, so your heart adulterates the Holy Word of God as per your quoted writings:
The tradition of man The Word of God
You apostles only did not choose Me but I chose exclusively you apostles
(TomL 15:16)
You did not choose Me but I chose you
(John 15:16)
in order for your heart to preach your sovereignty of man eliminating Christ's Sovereignty of God, and so go your adulterations of the Holy Word of God again and again and again.

The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

John 6:29 you still call Christ a liar

John 6:27 (NASB 2020) — 27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that lasts for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal.”

It's not scripture you get your doctrine from

This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29), but your heart’s treasure is that when Jesus Christ says God, He does not mean God, but, rather, He means man.

You preach your idiot Jesus who is an inferior orator; on the other hand, God causes me to proclaim Lord Jesus Who is the Master Orator with no equal.

You believe that your idiot Jesus is incapable of formulating a coherent sentence with the words that convey His intended meaning; on the other hand, I believe Jesus says what he means with precision, unambigatuity, and Truth (John 14:6).

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE LIVING LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!

Last edited:
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:5), so the fruit of believing in Jesus is constrained to exclusively we who live in Jesus and Jesus living in us. We Christians cannot believe in Christ apart from Christ for thus is the Word of Christ!

Your belief is apart from Christ because you believe you have free-will apart from Christ.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3), so a dead in sin person cannot righteously perceive King Jesus of the Kingdom of God unless that dead in sin person is born anew by God.

Lord Jesus establishes His equivalency of "see" and "perceive" in His blessed saying "You will indeed hear but not understand, and you will indeed see but not perceive" (Matthew 13:14).

In the very same dialog that Jesus opens with "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3) and linguistically confused you sees "John 3:3 see here is equivalent to entering or experiencing not observing", Jesus declared in the closing of the dialog “he who practices the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God” (John 3:21), so the "work" of "see the Kingdom of God" is "wrought in God".

Your belief of "John 3:3 see here is ... not observing" is anti-truth. Christ literally and figuratively uses the word "see" here which denotes "observe".

You did not choose Me, but I chose you” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and “I chose you out of the world” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19), so Jesus exclusively chooses His disciples/believers yesterday, today, and tomorrow (if He causes tomorrow).

You believe that you chose Christ, so your heart adulterates the Holy Word of God as per your quoted writings:
The tradition of manThe Word of God
You apostles only did not choose Me but I chose exclusively you apostles
(TomL 15:16)
You did not choose Me but I chose you
(John 15:16)
in order for your heart to preach your sovereignty of man eliminating Christ's Sovereignty of God, and so go your adulterations of the Holy Word of God again and again and again.

The only way for free-willian philosophers to acheive free-will is for them to add to the Word of God, and it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God” (Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3), but your heart’s treasure is that when Jesus Christ says God, He does not mean God, but, rather, He means man.

You preach your idiot Jesus who is an inferior orator; on the other hand, God causes me to proclaim Lord Jesus Who is the Master Orator with no equal.

You believe that your idiot Jesus is incapable of formulating a coherent sentence with the words that convey His intended meaning; on the other hand, I believe Jesus says what he means with precision, unambigatuity, and Truth (John 14:6).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE LIVING LORD JESUS CHRIST!!!
This person whining about mindless repetition is rich.

Once again you ignore the point previously noted. This not about the ability to believe but the ability to live the Christian life

Even the unregenerate who fell away were able to believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Once again you simply ignoring previously cited facts and argument

5. see someth.=experience someth. (Ps 26:13); good days 1 Pt 3:10 (Ps 33:13; τ. βασιλείαν J 3:3. θάνατον see death=die Lk 2:26; Hb 11:5 (cf. Ps 88:49; Anth. Pal. 6, 230 ἰδεῖν Ἀίδην); grief Rv 18:7 (cf. 1 Macc 13:3 τὰς στενοχωρίας; Eccl 6:6 ἀγαθωσύνην). τὴν διαφθοράν experience decay=decay Ac 2:27, 31; 13:35-7 (all Ps 15:10); τ. ἡμέραν (Soph., Oed. R. 831; Aristoph., Pax 345; Polyb. 10, 4, 7; 32, 10, 9; Ael. Aristid. 32 p. 601 D.; Lam 2:16; Jos., Ant. 6, 305): τὴν ἡμέραν τ. ἐμήν J 8:56; μίαν τῶν ἡμερῶν Lk 17:22

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 221.

4. to experience ⇔ see — to experience something, conceived of as being present during the experience so as to view it

Rick Brannan, ed., Lexham Research Lexicon of the Greek New Testament (Lexham Research Lexicons; Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2020).

As seen the context of John 3:3 is speaking of experiencing not believing as you falsely claimed

Observed this well known Calvinist commentary

cannot see—can have no part in (just as one is said to “see life,” “see death,” &c.).

Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset, and David Brown, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (vol. 2; Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), 131.

And this Calvinist Greek Scholar

He cannot see the kingdom of God (οὐ δυναται ἰδειν την βασιλειαν του θεου [ou dunatai idein tēn basileian tou theou]). To participate in it as in Luke 9:27. For this use of ἰδειν [idein] (second aorist active infinitive of ὁραω [horaō]) see John 8:51; Rev. 18:7.

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Jn 3:3.

And Calvin himself

To SEE the kingdom of God is of the same meaning as to ENTER INTO the kingdom of God, as we shall immediately perceive from the context

John Calvin and William Pringle, Commentary on the Gospel according to John (vol. 1; Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2010), 108.

Also other verses using the word see

Luke 2:26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.

John 3:36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 8:51Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Heb 11:5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

It is clear an honest handling of this word shows it pertains to experience, to enter, to obtain
Once again ignoring rebuttal

Again Christs choice of his apostles

His disciples were given to him by the Father.

John 17:6–12 (NASB 2020) — 6 “I have revealed Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have followed Your word.

From them he chose 12 to be apostles

Luke 6:13–16 (ESV) — 13 And when day came, he called his disciples and chose from them twelve, whom he named apostles: 14 Simon, whom he named Peter, and Andrew his brother, and James and John, and Philip, and Bartholomew, 15 and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon who was called the Zealot, 16 and Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.

John 6:70 (ESV) — 70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve? And yet one of you is a devil.”

John 13:18 (UASV) — 18 I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’

clearly Christ chose his apostles

Ye have not chosen me. The word here translated chosen is that from which is derived the word elect, and means the same thing. It is frequently thus translated, Mar. 13:20; Mat. 24:22, 24, 31; Col. 3:12. It refers here, doubtless, to his choosing or electing them to be apostles. He says that it was not because they had chosen him to be their teacher and guide, but because he had designated them to be his apostles. See Jn. 6:70; also Mat. 4:18–22.11 Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Luke & John (ed. Robert Frew; London: Blackie & Son, 1884–1885), 341.

consider the various choices here

Matthew 22:1–14 (ESV) — 1 And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, 2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son, 3 and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come. 4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.” ’ 5 But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, 6 while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them. 7 The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy. 9 Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’ 10 And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests. 11 “But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment. 12 And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Think of how many times passages like John 15:16 (“You did not choose me; I chose you…”) are used as proof texts for the Calvinistic belief of individual election to salvation when clearly Jesus is speaking to His servants who are being prepared to take the invitation to the rest of the world. They are using Divine Choice #1 as proof for their belief about Divine Choice #3.

Divine Choice #1: The choice of His servants, who were given the task of sending out the invitation.

Divine Choice #2: The choice to send the invitation first to His own and then to all others.

Divine Choice #3: The choice to allow only those clothed in proper wedding garments to enter the feast.

In John 15:16 we have the choice of the apostles

You simply repeat your argument without ever addressing rebuttal

This person whining about mindless repetition is rich.
What is rich is you do not know the difference between unanswered rebuttal and rebutted arguments which never get addressed repeated over and over.

But being the dodger that you are, that is not surprising at all.

Once again you ignore the point previously noted. This not about the ability to believe but the ability to live the Christian life

Even the unregenerate who fell away were able to believe

Luke 8:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Once again you ignore the point previously noted. This is about believing in who God says God is!

In Luke 8:13, the Word of God declares "these have no root", so the free-willians are not rooted in Jesus Christ who says "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:5), so the fruit of believing in Jesus is constrained to exclusively we who live in Jesus and Jesus living in us. We Christians cannot believe in Christ apart from Christ for thus is the Word of Christ!

In Luke 8:13, Jesus does not say "believe in Me".

Viz

John 6:29

Verse 28 defines for us the works of God

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29), but your heart’s treasure is that when Jesus Christ says God, He does not mean God, but, rather, He means man.

You preach that your Jesus says "This is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (TomL 6:29), so your free-will apart from Christ thoughts establish you as one of those who "have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away" (Luke 8:13).

"The work of God” (John 6:29) is inextricably rooted in Christ by Christ for us Christians!

Once again you simply ignoring previously cited facts and argument

5. see someth.=experience someth. (Ps 26:13); good days 1 Pt 3:10 (Ps 33:13; τ. βασιλείαν J 3:3. θάνατον see death=die Lk 2:26; Hb 11:5 (cf. Ps 88:49; Anth. Pal. 6, 230 ἰδεῖν Ἀίδην); grief Rv 18:7 (cf. 1 Macc 13:3 τὰς στενοχωρίας; Eccl 6:6 ἀγαθωσύνην). τὴν διαφθοράν experience decay=decay Ac 2:27, 31; 13:35-7 (all Ps 15:10); τ. ἡμέραν (Soph., Oed. R. 831; Aristoph., Pax 345; Polyb. 10, 4, 7; 32, 10, 9; Ael. Aristid. 32 p. 601 D.; Lam 2:16; Jos., Ant. 6, 305): τὴν ἡμέραν τ. ἐμήν J 8:56; μίαν τῶν ἡμερῶν Lk 17:22

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 221.

4. to experience ⇔ see — to experience something, conceived of as being present during the experience so as to view it

Rick Brannan, ed., Lexham Research Lexicon of the Greek New Testament (Lexham Research Lexicons; Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2020).

As seen the context of John 3:3 is speaking of experiencing not believing as you falsely claimed

Observed this well known Calvinist commentary

cannot see—can have no part in (just as one is said to “see life,” “see death,” &c.).

Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset, and David Brown, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (vol. 2; Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), 131.

And this Calvinist Greek Scholar

He cannot see the kingdom of God (οὐ δυναται ἰδειν την βασιλειαν του θεου [ou dunatai idein tēn basileian tou theou]). To participate in it as in Luke 9:27. For this use of ἰδειν [idein] (second aorist active infinitive of ὁραω [horaō]) see John 8:51; Rev. 18:7.

A.T. Robertson, Word Pictures in the New Testament (Nashville, TN: Broadman Press, 1933), Jn 3:3.

And Calvin himself

To SEE the kingdom of God is of the same meaning as to ENTER INTO the kingdom of God, as we shall immediately perceive from the context

John Calvin and William Pringle, Commentary on the Gospel according to John (vol. 1; Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software, 2010), 108.

You returned to your vomit of quoting your god Calvin, again, you closet Calvinist, you; at the same time, you reject the Word of God declaring "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3), so a dead in sin person cannot righteously perceive King Jesus of the Kingdom of God unless that dead in sin person is born anew by God.

Also other verses using the word see

Luke 2:26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.

John 3:36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 8:51Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Heb 11:5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

It is clear an honest handling of this word shows it pertains to experience, to enter, to obtain

The word "see" denotes "observe" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3.

AND, the word "see" connotes "perceive" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3.

AND, the word "see" indicates "experience" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3 with the caveat that Jesus expands to explicitly use "enter" as recorded in John 3:3-8.

AND, the word "see" indicates "enter" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3 with the caveat that Jesus expands to explicitly use "enter" as recorded in John 3:3-8.

AND, the word "see" indicates "obtain" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3 with the caveat that Jesus expands to explicitly use "enter" as recorded in John 3:3-8.

Your heart's treasure is that you adulterate "perceive" right out of "see" as recorded in John 3:3 resulting in your foreign to Christ "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot enter the Kingdom of God[ (TomL 3:3).

The Love of God's words are "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3) as well as “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)!

But your heart’s treasure is that when Jesus Christ says see, He does not mean see, but, rather, He means enter.

You preach that your Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot enter yet can perceive the Kingdom of God" (TomL 3:3), so your free-will apart from Christ thoughts establish you as one of those who "have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away" (Luke 8:13).

We "born again” (John 3:3) are exclusively caused by Christ to be rooted in Christ and the Father exclusively causes us "born again” (John 3:3) to be children of God by the exclusive choosing of the Son of God in the unearned love from God for the glory of God!

Once again ignoring rebuttal

Again Christs choice of his apostles

His disciples were given to him by the Father.

John 17:6–12 (NASB 2020) — 6 “I have revealed Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have followed Your word.

From them he chose 12 to be apostles

Luke 6:13–16 (ESV) — 13 And when day came, he called his disciples and chose from them twelve, whom he named apostles: 14 Simon, whom he named Peter, and Andrew his brother, and James and John, and Philip, and Bartholomew, 15 and Matthew, and Thomas, and James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon who was called the Zealot, 16 and Judas the son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who became a traitor.

John 6:70 (ESV) — 70 Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve? And yet one of you is a devil.”

John 13:18 (UASV) — 18 I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’

clearly Christ chose his apostles

Ye have not chosen me. The word here translated chosen is that from which is derived the word elect, and means the same thing. It is frequently thus translated, Mar. 13:20; Mat. 24:22, 24, 31; Col. 3:12. It refers here, doubtless, to his choosing or electing them to be apostles. He says that it was not because they had chosen him to be their teacher and guide, but because he had designated them to be his apostles. See Jn. 6:70; also Mat. 4:18–22.11 Albert Barnes, Notes on the New Testament: Luke & John (ed. Robert Frew; London: Blackie & Son, 1884–1885), 341.

consider the various choices here

Matthew 22:1–14 (ESV) — 1 And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying, 2 “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son, 3 and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding feast, but they would not come. 4 Again he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those who are invited, “See, I have prepared my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves have been slaughtered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding feast.” ’ 5 But they paid no attention and went off, one to his farm, another to his business, 6 while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them. 7 The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding feast is ready, but those invited were not worthy. 9 Go therefore to the main roads and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’ 10 And those servants went out into the roads and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good. So the wedding hall was filled with guests. 11 “But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment. 12 And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Think of how many times passages like John 15:16 (“You did not choose me; I chose you…”) are used as proof texts for the Calvinistic belief of individual election to salvation when clearly Jesus is speaking to His servants who are being prepared to take the invitation to the rest of the world. They are using Divine Choice #1 as proof for their belief about Divine Choice #3.

Divine Choice #1: The choice of His servants, who were given the task of sending out the invitation.

Divine Choice #2: The choice to send the invitation first to His own and then to all others.

Divine Choice #3: The choice to allow only those clothed in proper wedding garments to enter the feast.

In John 15:16 we have the choice of the apostles

You simply repeat your argument without ever addressing rebuttal

Your rebuttal against the Word of God is a man fabricated failure. You smash your words into your Jesus' mouth so hard that you knock your Jesus' teeth right out of your Jesus' gums.

The left column contains your traditions of men (Matthew 15:9), and the right column contains the Righteous Word of God!
The traditions of men The Word of God
You apostles only did not choose Me, and I chose exclusively you apostles without Me choosing anyone else ever
(The Book of Free-willians 15:16)
you did not choose Me, but I chose you
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16)
I chose Jesus, so now Jesus must obey me to make me out of the world
(self-willed man's sayings 15:19)
I chose you out of the world
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19)
This is not the work of God but this is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(The Book of Free-willians 6:29)
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 6:29)
the one choosing to practice the Truth comes to the Light so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in him
(The Book of Free-willians 3:21)
the one practicing the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:21)
Truly, truly, I say to you, before one is born again he can see the Kingdom of God[
(The Book of Free-willians 3:3)
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3)
I praise You, man, that you have revealed these things to yourselves for you are the wise and intelligent ones who cause yourselves to repent and be born of God
(self-willed man's sayings 11:25)
I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes
(Lord Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even according to your fleshly love, that you also love one another
(The Book of Free-willians 13:34)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 13:34)

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE FATHER, SPIRIT, AND SON, THE ETERNAL ONE TRUE GOD!!!

Once again you ignore the point previously noted. This is about believing in who God says God is!

In Luke 8:13, the Word of God declares "these have no root", so the free-willians are not rooted in Jesus Christ who says "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:5), so the fruit of believing in Jesus is constrained to exclusively we who live in Jesus and Jesus living in us. We Christians cannot believe in Christ apart from Christ for thus is the Word of Christ!

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (John 6:29), but your heart’s treasure is that when Jesus Christ says God, He does not mean God, but, rather, He means man.

You preach that your Jesus says "This is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent” (TomL 6:29), so your free-will apart from Christ thoughts establish you as one of those who "have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away" (Luke 8:13).

"The work of God” (John 6:29) is inextricably rooted in Christ by Christ for us Christians!

You returned to your vomit of quoting your god Calvin, again, you closet Calvinist, you; at the same time, you reject the Word of God declaring "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3), so a dead in sin person cannot righteously perceive King Jesus of the Kingdom of God unless that dead in sin person is born anew by God.

The word "see" denotes "observe" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3.

AND, the word "see" connotes "perceive" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3.

AND, the word "see" indicates "experience" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3 with the caveat that Jesus expands to explicitly use "enter" as recorded in John 3:3-8.

AND, the word "see" indicates "enter" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3 with the caveat that Jesus expands to explicitly use "enter" as recorded in John 3:3-8.

AND, the word "see" indicates "obtain" in Luke 2:26, John 3:36, John 8:51, and Hebrews 11:5 - exactly like John 3:3 with the caveat that Jesus expands to explicitly use "enter" as recorded in John 3:3-8.

Your heart's treasure is that you adulterate "perceive" right out of "see" as recorded in John 3:3 resulting in your foreign to Christ "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot enter the Kingdom of God[ (TomL 3:3).

The Love of God's words are "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3) as well as “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit” (John 3:5-8)!

But your heart’s treasure is that when Jesus Christ says see, He does not mean see, but, rather, He means enter.

You preach that your Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot enter yet can perceive the Kingdom of God" (TomL 3:3), so your free-will apart from Christ thoughts establish you as one of those who "have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away" (Luke 8:13).

We "born again” (John 3:3) are exclusively caused by Christ to be rooted in Christ and the Father exclusively causes us "born again” (John 3:3) to be children of God by the exclusive choosing of the Son of God in the unearned love from God for the glory of God!

Your rebuttal against the Word of God is a man fabricated failure. You smash your words into your Jesus' mouth so hard that you knock your Jesus' teeth right out of your Jesus' gums.

The left column contains your traditions of men (Matthew 15:9), and the right column contains the Righteous Word of God!
The traditions of menThe Word of God
You apostles only did not choose Me, and I chose exclusively you apostles without Me choosing anyone else ever
(The Book of Free-willians 15:16)
you did not choose Me, but I chose you
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16)
I chose Jesus, so now Jesus must obey me to make me out of the world
(self-willed man's sayings 15:19)
I chose you out of the world
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19)
This is not the work of God but this is the work of man, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(The Book of Free-willians 6:29)
This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 6:29)
the one choosing to practice the Truth comes to the Light so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in him
(The Book of Free-willians 3:21)
the one practicing the Truth comes to the Light, so that his works may be manifested as having been wrought in God
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:21)
Truly, truly, I say to you, before one is born again he can see the Kingdom of God[
(The Book of Free-willians 3:3)
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 3:3)
I praise You, man, that you have revealed these things to yourselves for you are the wise and intelligent ones who cause yourselves to repent and be born of God
(self-willed man's sayings 11:25)
I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to babes
(Lord Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:25)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even according to your fleshly love, that you also love one another
(The Book of Free-willians 13:34)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another
(Lord Jesus Christ, John 13:34)

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in man's salvation and affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! PRAISE THE FATHER, SPIRIT, AND SON, THE ETERNAL ONE TRUE GOD!!!
Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Fatalism/ determinism is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

Again the context does not concern believing. It does concern the Christian's walk

Give it up. It is the saving word of God which is being referred to

Luke 8:11–15 (ESV) — 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved. 13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away. 14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature. 15 As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience.

BTW elsewhere we see God has to harden men so they will not believe

John 12:40 (ESV) — 40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.”

The rest of your repeat rebutted false claims are ignored

deal with rebuttal for a change

Again the context does not concern believing. It does concern the Christian's walk
Right on! Just another example of Calvinists taking a truth "without me you can do nothing" taking it to the extreme, putting their pedal to the metal and driving over a cliff. They miss it on context.

Back
Top Bottom