An Article on free will

No. God in Christ is not solely a man. However, God certainly changes His mind. I've given examples of where God promised to change His mind.

Yet here you are.... refusing to see the difference between man changing his mind because he is a liar like yourself and how God can change His mind because He saves those stinking lying men like yourself.

I expect liars to lie. That is why you are lying. I expect better things from God. You're not like God.

There is a difference between God changing His mind and man changing their mind.
Is not soley a man? Just some of Him? 😂

Is not soley a man? Just some of Him? 😂

I chose my words wisely. That is not what I said.

Christ was 100 percent man and 100 percent God. Just so you know, that is another paradox that is beyond completely explaining.

However, I do know more than you obvious do about the subject. My recommendation would be for you to not laugh but actually start studying the topic yourself.

As far as you're concerning. I've said enough to you.

Last edited:
Two things: was it revealed to Judas with a salvific purpose in mind?

How do you account for the .millions who die never having heard the gospel of Jesus Christ?
I do not think it was revealed to Judas at all. We know Jesus chose him. I believe Jesus chose Judas because Judas was “a devil” (John 6:70–71), “a thief” (John 12:6), an unbeliever (John 6:64), and spiritually unclean (John 13:10), but was needed to betray him at the right time.... yet he was given a respected position within the group (John 13:29). It was all part of the initial plan.

As to question 2. I have absolutely no conclusions on that. From time to time I read others suggestion but no one seems to really offer anything other then guess work.

Admittedly starting late in this, just wanted to interject a differing translation that brings a new meaning to Titus 2:11.

Titus 2:11 PESHITTA ~ 11For the all saving grace of God has been revealed to all men;

So Judas did have God's saving grace revealed to him. The question is... Was it his free will that had him greedily turn Jesus over... OR
was he actually preselected by God, the father , to be the one to fulfill not only prophecy but God's plan from the beginning?

Satan entered Judas.

Satan entered Judas.
At what point?

There had to be a conclusion to what Jesus came to do while alive. Prophesy fulfilled.

The last twenty-four hours of Jesus' life fullfilled a large number of Old Testament prophecies. In this short period he would be arrested, abandoned by his disciples, undergo TWO trials, tortured, mocked, then crucified until he died.

You dont think Judas was the dastardly villain chosen by Jesus to fulfill that by pointing out who Jesus was?

Now, I agree that Satan might have entered Judas which forced him to kill himself... but that would be the only time.

Last edited:
At what point?

Luk 22:1 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
Luk 22:2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
Judas to Betray Jesus
Luk 22:3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

I chose my words wisely. That is not what I said.

Christ was 100 percent man and 100 percent God. Just so you know, that is another paradox that is beyond completely explaining.

However, I do know more than you obvious do about the subject. My recommendation would be for you to not laugh but actually start studying the topic yourself.

As far as you're concerning. I've said enough to you.
You do? I see no evidence of said knowledge. What I see is a boastful wannabe who is incapable of a rational adult discussion.

Take care and God bless

I do not think it was revealed to Judas at all. We know Jesus chose him. I believe Jesus chose Judas because Judas was “a devil” (John 6:70–71), “a thief” (John 12:6), an unbeliever (John 6:64), and spiritually unclean (John 13:10), but was needed to betray him at the right time.... yet he was given a respected position within the group (John 13:29). It was all part of the initial plan.

As to question 2. I have absolutely no conclusions on that. From time to time I read others suggestion but no one seems to really offer anything other then guess work.
Fair enough. Good post 🙂

you never addressed the text at all

You claimed man has no power to choose to serve God

this passage refuted you

Joshua 24:15–31 (NASB 2020) — 15 But if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served, which were beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” 16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we would abandon the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slaves, and did these great signs in our sight and watched over us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God.” 19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your wrongdoing or your sins. 20 If you abandon the LORD and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and destroy you after He has done good to you.” 21 And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 So Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.” 23 “Now then, do away with the foreign gods which are in your midst, and incline your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel.” 24 And the people said to Joshua, “We will serve the LORD our God and obey His voice.” 25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. 26 And Joshua wrote these words in the Book of the Law of God; and he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of the LORD. 27 Then Joshua said to all the people, “Behold, this stone shall be a witness against us, because it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us; so it shall be a witness against you, so that you do not deny your God.” 28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance. 29 Now it came about after these things that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being 110 years old. 30 And they buried him in the territory of his inheritance, in Timnath-serah, which is in the hill country of Ephraim, on the north of Mount Gaash. 31 Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, and had known every deed of the LORD which He had done for Israel.

so when will you stop denying scripture and believe

No Holy Scripture that you cite contains the Word of God stating man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God to any degree!

Your post is so very heavily leavened with your own interpretation's error that your heart converts Joshua's word into TomL's word shown below.

God uses me to proclaim Truth (John 14:6), and I faced your deception, and God caused me to illuminate that you adulterate Holy Scripture in order for your heart to nullify the Word of God recorded in John 15:16, John 15:19, John 6:29, John 3:21, John 3:3, Matthew 11:25, and John 13:34, so your own interpretation's intention to delete the Word of God is evident in your quotations augmented with your heart's thoughts in your posts:
TomL 24:14-31 Joshua 24:14-31
15 If it is evil in your sight to choose to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living, or the LORD by the ability God gave you to choose the One True God; but as for me and my house, we choose to serve the LORD.

16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and who did these great signs in our sight and preserved us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also choose to serve the LORD, for we believe that God created us with the ability to choose God.”

19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will be able to serve the LORD, for you are good. He is not a jealous God; He does not need to forgive your transgression or your sins. 20 you will not forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, so He will not turn and do you harm and consume you after He has done good to you.” 21 The people said to Joshua, “No, but according to our free-will, we will serve the LORD.” 22 Joshua said to the people, “You are not witnesses against yourselves that you have used your God given ability to choose for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses for ourselves.” 23 “Now therefore, in your own initiative to judge rightly to choose to put away the foreign gods which are in your midst, and cause your hearts to choose the LORD, the God of Israel.” 24 The people said to Joshua, “We do not care that God never says that He created us with the ability to choose to serve the LORD our God and obey His voice.” 25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. 26 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God; and he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of the LORD. 27 Joshua said to all the people, “Behold, this stone shall be for a witness benefiting us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us; thus it shall be for a witness for you, so that your God does not deny you.” 28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

29 It came about after these things that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being one hundred and ten years old. 30 And they buried him in the territory of his inheritance in Timnath-serah, which is in the hill country of Ephraim, on the north of Mount Gaash.

31 "Israel," declares the LORD God, "successfully chose to put away the foreign gods, and Israel chose the LORD all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, and the people have come into My Holy Presence in Heaven who died after Joshua died but before the elders died, and had known all the deeds of the LORD which He had done for Israel, and I will abuse my Son, the Messiah, by sending Him to suffer needlessly because these people chose the LORD God causing themselves to be in my presence forevermore".
(TomL 24:15-31)
15 If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and who did these great signs in our sight and preserved us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God.”

19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins. 20 when you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you after He has done good to you.” 21 The people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.” 23 “Now therefore, put away the foreign gods which are in your midst, and incline your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel.” 24 The people said to Joshua, “We will serve the LORD our God and we will obey His voice.” 25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. 26 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God; and he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of the LORD.. 27 Joshua said to all the people, “Behold, this stone shall be for a witness against us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us; thus it shall be for a witness against you, so that you do not deny your God.” 28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

29 It came about after these things that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being one hundred and ten years old. 30 And they buried him in the territory of his inheritance in Timnath-serah, which is in the hill country of Ephraim, on the north of Mount Gaash.

31 Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, and had known all the deeds of the LORD which He had done for Israel.
(Joshua 24:14-31)
so your heart preaches your sovereignty of man eliminating the Sovereignty of God, and so go your adulterations of the Holy Scripture again and again and again.

Your heart deletes God's glorious self-description in John 15:16, John 15:19, John 6:29, John 3:21, John 3:3, Matthew 11:25, and John 13:34, and then you conveyed that the people were imparted by YHWH God with the "power to choose to serve God", so your actions are evidence of your opposition to the Word of God who declares "you did not choose Me, but I chose you (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19)!

Your heart's thoughts exhibit the free-willian pattern of deleting God's glorious self-description while at the same time exalting man above the Most High with your self-willed (2 Peter 2:9-10) self-description of your purported ability to control God with your "I chose God", and the above two paragraphs illuminate two separate instances; additionally, the evidence is throughout this thread.

Refer to post #3,237 for the integral continuation of this post, and this post #3,237 shows the people did not put away the foreign gods until multiple generations later thus not serving God with their whole heart during the time of Joshua and the elders.

God caused me to write:

No Word of God you cite states man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God to any degree!

In your "you claimed they had no power to choose to serve God" you malignantly deleted the glorious description of "God imparted".

You fabricate a different writing than the writing that God caused me to compose. Then you argue against your fabrication. Your are being disengeious.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! YOUR TESTIMONIES ARE FULLY CONFIRMED; HOLINESS BEFITS YOUR HOUSE, O YHWH, FOREVERMORE!!!

Last edited:
No Holy Scripture that you cite contains the Word of God stating man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God to any degree!

Your post is so very heavily leavened with your own interpretation's error that your heart converts Joshua's word into TomL's word shown below.

God uses me to proclaim Truth (John 14:6), and I faced your deception, and God caused me to illuminate that you adulterate Holy Scripture in order for your heart to nullify the Word of God recorded in John 15:16, John 15:19, John 6:29, John 3:21, John 3:3, Matthew 11:25, and John 13:34, so your own interpretation's intention to delete the Word of God is evident in your quotations augmented with your heart's thoughts in your posts:
TomL 24:14-31 Joshua 24:14-31
15 If it is evil in your sight to choose to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living, or the LORD by the ability God gave you to choose the One True God; but as for me and my house, we choose to serve the LORD.

16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and who did these great signs in our sight and preserved us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also choose to serve the LORD, for we believe that God created us with the ability to choose God.”

19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will be able to serve the LORD, for you are good. He is not a jealous God; He does not need to forgive your transgression or your sins. 20 you will not forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, so He will not turn and do you harm and consume you after He has done good to you.” 21 The people said to Joshua, “No, but according to our free-will, we will serve the LORD.” 22 Joshua said to the people, “You are not witnesses against yourselves that you have used your God given ability to choose for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses for ourselves.” 23 “Now therefore, in your own initiative to judge rightly to choose to put away the foreign gods which are in your midst, and cause your hearts to choose the LORD, the God of Israel.” 24 The people said to Joshua, “We do not care that God never says that He created us with the ability to choose to serve the LORD our God and obey His voice.” 25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. 26 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God; and he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of the LORD. 27 Joshua said to all the people, “Behold, this stone shall be for a witness benefiting us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us; thus it shall be for a witness for you, so that your God does not deny you.” 28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

31 "Israel," declares the LORD God, "successfully chose to put away the foreign gods, and Israel chose the LORD all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, and the people have come into My Holy Presence in Heaven who died after Joshua died but before the elders died, and had known all the deeds of the LORD which He had done for Israel, and I will abuse my Son, the Messiah, by sending Him to suffer needlessly because these people chose the LORD God causing themselves to be in my presence forevermore".
(TomL 24:15-31)
15 If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”

16 The people answered and said, “Far be it from us that we should forsake the LORD to serve other gods; 17 for the LORD our God is He who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and who did these great signs in our sight and preserved us through all the way in which we went and among all the peoples through whose midst we passed. 18 The LORD drove out from before us all the peoples, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We also will serve the LORD, for He is our God.”

19 Then Joshua said to the people, “You will not be able to serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgression or your sins. 20 when you forsake the LORD and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you after He has done good to you.” 21 The people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.” 22 Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen for yourselves the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.” 23 “Now therefore, put away the foreign gods which are in your midst, and incline your hearts to the LORD, the God of Israel.” 24 The people said to Joshua, “We will serve the LORD our God and we will obey His voice.” 25 So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. 26 And Joshua wrote these words in the book of the law of God; and he took a large stone and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of the LORD.. 27 Joshua said to all the people, “Behold, this stone shall be for a witness against us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us; thus it shall be for a witness against you, so that you do not deny your God.” 28 Then Joshua dismissed the people, each to his inheritance.

31 Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who survived Joshua, and had known all the deeds of the LORD which He had done for Israel.
(Joshua 24:14-31)
so your heart preaches your sovereignty of man eliminating the Sovereignty of God, and so go your adulterations of the Holy Scripture again and again and again.

Your heart deletes God's glorious self-description in John 15:16, John 15:19, John 6:29, John 3:21, John 3:3, Matthew 11:25, and John 13:34, and then you conveyed that the people were imparted by YHWH God with the "power to choose to serve God", so your actions are evidence of your opposition to the Word of God who declares "you did not choose Me, but I chose you (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world (Lord Jesus Christ, John 15:19)!

Your heart's thoughts exhibit the free-willian pattern of deleting God's glorious self-description while at the same time exalting man above the Most High with your self-willed (2 Peter 2:9-10) self-description of your purported ability to control God with your "I chose God", and the above two paragraphs illuminate two separate instances; additionally, the evidence is throughout this thread.

Refer to post #3,237 for the integral continuation of this post, and this post #3,237 shows the people did not put away the foreign gods until multiple generations later thus not serving God with their whole heart during the time of Joshua and the elders.

God caused me to write:

No Word of God you cite states man was imparted a free-will to choose toward God, but here is the Word of God which clearly states man does not choose God to any degree!

In your "you claimed they had no power to choose to serve God" you malignantly deleted the glorious description of "God imparted".

You fabricate a different writing than the writing that God caused me to compose. Then you argue against your fabrication. Your are being disengeious.

Your heart makes false statements about God and man. Free-will is a conjured concept of the traditions of men (Matthew 15:9).

In Truth (John 14:6), the Almighty God is Sovereign (Genesis 1:1) in the affairs of man (Daniel 4:34-35)! YOUR TESTIMONIES ARE FULLY CONFIRMED; HOLINESS BEFITS YOUR HOUSE, O YHWH, FOREVERMORE!!!
Your heart/mind changes Gods glorious word and twists it into a pretzel. Your fatalism/determinism knows no boundaries. As the prophet Jeremiah declares the heart of man is desperately wicked.

hope this helps !!!

God caused me to write:

God also caused the Assyrian army to conquer Israel, but how did they end up?

Perhaps God is using you to strengthen us in our faithfulness to his word and calling on our lives. Did not Jesus teach us that we are “Blessed… when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.”

Doug

"choose for yourselves" does not assume ability.

No one says the Lord chooses for you. Strawman
That is precisely what Calvinism says: ForGod predestined whatsoever comes to pass!

The command to “choose” necessitates an ability to go one way or another. If we don’t have the ability for choice, and God doesn’t choose for us, then how is a choice made.

Doug

That is precisely what Calvinism says: ForGod predestined whatsoever comes to pass!

The command to “choose” necessitates an ability to go one way or another. If we don’t have the ability for choice, and God doesn’t choose for us, then how is a choice made.

Doug
Ya and?

It does? Who says? So whatever I command you to do I am to assume you have the ability??

No one says you don't make a choice or dont have the NATURAL ability to choose. When speaking of our relationship with God it is a moral choice not a natural choice. Hence, "no one seeks after God".

Back
Top Bottom