Why The Trinity Is Wrong: Theology

Wrangler

I. LAMB OF GOD & DEATH

The most important fact of the Bible that proves Jesus is NOT God is that Jesus died, which is required for the title Lamb of God.

The role of the Lamb of God is to take away the sins of the world by substitutionary punishment. The penalty of sin is death – real death, fully dead, truly and completely dead – and God could not pay this price for us since he never dies, is eternal and unchanging.

Trinitarians allege that Jesus has 2 natures and only his human part died. It means that who died on the cross was another Jesus. A trinitarian had the audacity to claim yesterday that the trinitarian Jesus is far greater than the unitarian Jesus. This is false because the sacrifice of the unitarian Jesus is greater, total; All of Jesus died on the cross and this and only this is the divine payment for the sins of the world.

II. FIRST FRUITS & MAN

If Jesus were God incarnate who merely took on the form of a man and only appeared to die, it has no theological significance at all, for God is all powerful and can do anything. 1 Timothy 2:5 (NLT) There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. Interestingly, the emphasis here is the distinction between 2 Beings - God, in his singular, unitarian nature (not 3-in-1) and the man who is leveraged for the purpose of reconciliation - to God. IF this verse emphasized the God Jesus, it would be quoted as proof of the trinity but with no rejection criteria, the emphasis on Jesus being a man is given no weight and dismissed via dualism. According to this verse, if Jesus were God, we would have no means to reconcile ourselves to God. The theological importance of Jesus NOT being God cannot be over-stated! He is the fulcrum upon which the destiny of the world depends to satiate God’s divine standard of justice. This is what Jesus was Anointed by God to do.

Christianity's end game verse should get a lot more focus. Jesus is the 1st, meaning a series of like to follow, first of mankind - no dual nature Being. Christianity's end game verses emphasize repeatedly that Jesus is a man AND NOT God.

20 But in fact, Christ has been raised from the dead. He is the first of a great harvest of all who have died.

21 So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. 22 Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life. 23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to
God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.)
1 Corinthians 15:20-27 (NLT)

God is not under the man Jesus' authority. Profound.

Acts 17:31 emphasizes that God selected this man. If Jesus were any kind or part of God, such an absurd verse meaning ‘God selected a man, who is himself in the form of a man’ would never be written because it serves no purpose and violates 2 Cor 1:13 (VOICE) We are not writing to you in anything resembling codes or riddles

Colossians 3:12 points out that we too are chosen by God. John 1:12 says that we too are sons and daughters of God. So, while Jesus was the only son of God, as all firstborns are, he is no longer the only son of God. This is the theological inheritance the Bible speaks of. Jesus is one of ‘us’ (teaching us to pray to God as a brother to our father), not one of ‘them’ (pray to me or to F, S & HS).

The Bible repeatedly and explicitly says Jesus is a man and never claims he is God. Moreover, to fulfill his role as the Lamb of God, Jesus cannot be God who cannot die but a man and only a man. To be the first of a great harvest of all mankind, Jesus must be a man and only a man, not a 2 nature Being. Otherwise, he would not be the first of the harvest.

Oh, I forgot to add, the only way to not violate the 1st Commandment is to:
  1. Reject the trinity.
  2. Reject the man-is-god thesis.

The most important fact of the Bible that proves Jesus is NOT God is that Jesus died
let's take this one step at a time.

#1. the TWO Death
did he?, so why do he yet live? listen and Learn, John 2:18 "Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?" John 2:19 "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." John 2:20 "Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?" John 2:21 "But he spake of the temple of his body." John 2:22 "When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said."

NOW, if Jesus died, how did he raise up his OWN BODY? ... do you understand the two deaths?

101G.

Christ Jesus is a man.
1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
Correct, is not the Mediator God himself? Galatians 3:20 "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."

101G

Jesus is one of ‘us’ (teaching us to pray to God as a brother to our father), not one of ‘them’ (pray to me...

The Lord Jesus taught that He is the proper recipient of prayer.

Daniel 7:13-14
(13) I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
(14) And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

The Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of pelach. This is an Aramaic word which refers to the service/worship due only unto God in the Bible. It is interesting that one of the ways Daniel rendered pelach unto God (6:16) was by his prayers (6:10).

Daniel 6:10, 16
(10) Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously.
(16) Then the king gave orders, and Daniel was brought in and cast into the lions’ den. The king spoke and said to Daniel, “Your God whom you constantly serve will Himself deliver you.”

The Lord Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man whom Daniel spoke of in Daniel 7 to the Jewish leaders in Matthew 26:64; Mark 14:62; and Luke 22:69. This identification was also presented unto His disciples in Matthew 24:30.

Thus, since the Lord Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man - who is the proper recipient of pelach (7:14) - means the Lord Jesus taught He is the proper recipient of prayer (cf. Daniel 6:10, 16).

The role of the Lamb of God is to take away the sins of the world by substitutionary punishment. The penalty of sin is death – real death, fully dead, truly and completely dead –

John saw the Lamb as though He had been slain according to Revelation 5:6.
Yet, the slain Lamb possesses 7 horns and 7 eyes which means He is omnipotent and omniscient (= God).

7 means FULLNESS or COMPLETENESS
horns represent power, strength.
eyes represent knowledge.

1. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): But the Lamb overcame death (5:5-6) and is omnipotent and omniscient (5:6) (1:341, Lamb, J. Jeremias).
2. David Guzik: He also bore the marks of omnipotence (seven horns) and omniscience (seven eyes). What a figure! A slain Lamb, who has the marks of omniscience and omnipotence!
https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/revelation-5/

Last edited:
So, how do we know that the doctrine of the Trinity is biblical? It's easy the Trinity is a biblical doctrine and can be seen from five simple statements supported by the Bible. from John Ankerberg

1 .There is only one true God: “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men” (1 Timothy 2:5 NWT; cf. Deuteronomy 4:35, 6:4; Isaiah 43:10).

2. The Father is God: “There is actually to us one God the Father” (1 Corinthians 8:6 NWT; cf. John 17:1-3; 2 Corinthians 1:3; Philippians 2:11; Colossians 1:3; 1 Peter 1:2).

3. Jesus Christ, the Son, is God: “but he [Jesus] was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God”: (John 5:18 NWT); “In answer, Thomas said to him [Jesus]: ‘My Lord and my God!’” (John 20:28 NWT, cf. Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1).

4. The Holy Spirit is a person, is eternal, and is therefore God: “However, when that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own impulse, but what things he hears he will speak and he will declare to you the things coming” (John 16:13 NWT, emphasis added). The Holy Spirit is also eternal: “How much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God” (Hebrews 9:14 NWT). The Holy Spirit is therefore God: “But Peter said: ‘Ananias, why has Satan emboldened you to play false to the holy spirit.’ You have played false, not to men, but to God” (Acts 5:3, 4 NWT, emphasis added).

5. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are distinct Persons with equal authority: “Baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit”; “Now I exhort you, brothers, through our Lord Jesus Christ and through the love of the spirit, that you exert yourselves with me in prayers to God for me”; “The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the sharing in the holy spirit be with all of you” (Matthew 28:19; Romans 15:30; 2 Corinthians 13:14 NWT).

by John Ankerberg

Colossians 3:12 points out that we too are chosen by God. John 1:12 says that we too are sons and daughters of God. So, while Jesus was the only son of God, as all firstborns are, he is no longer the only son of God.

I don't know why you've failed to state this position before now. Well. I do know. I knew you held this position from the start.

So... lets dissect this claim....

So when did Jesus Christ become the firstborn. Be specific. You haven't thought this through.

Christ Jesus is God.
Titus 2:13
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus.
It is not possible in your mind that this could be referring to 2 people? I look forward to appearing my mother and father?

It is mighty flimsy to violate the 1C.

I don't know why you've failed to state this position before now. Well. I do know. I knew you held this position from the start.

So... lets dissect this claim....

So when did Jesus Christ become the firstborn. Be specific. You haven't thought this through.
He became the firstborn when he was resurrected. This is the day ‘today’ referenced in Hebrews 1 when Jesus became the son of God.

The Lord Jesus taught that He is the proper recipient of prayer.

Daniel 7:13-14
(13) I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
(14) And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

The Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of pelach. This is an Aramaic word which refers to the service/worship due only unto God in the Bible. It is interesting that one of the ways Daniel rendered pelach unto God (6:16) was by his prayers (6:10).

Daniel 6:10, 16
(10) Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously.
(16) Then the king gave orders, and Daniel was brought in and cast into the lions’ den. The king spoke and said to Daniel, “Your God whom you constantly serve will Himself deliver you.”

The Lord Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man whom Daniel spoke of in Daniel 7 to the Jewish leaders in Matthew 26:64; Mark 14:62; and Luke 22:69. This identification was also presented unto His disciples in Matthew 24:30.

Thus, since the Lord Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man - who is the proper recipient of pelach (7:14) - means the Lord Jesus taught He is the proper recipient of prayer (cf. Daniel 6:10, 16).
Yes, in Dan 7:14 Yahshua was given dominion (authority, glory and sovereign power) and the Kingdom. Who do you think gave him this? HImself? Someone like the only one true God Almighty maybe? HIs Father God? I would go with the Father myself.

Now a few verses later in Daniel 7: 17, the saints of the most HIGH will receive the Kingdom. So if Yahshua was already given the Kingdom by his Father God in verse 14, and the saints were (later) also given the same Kingdom, then the Father God means the MOST HIGH of course. This is not his Son Yahshua I'm afraid, as he is also not the one indivisible God. Yahshua is like us, one of the saints, although the Son of God is the most exalted of all humankind including the angels.

And hello Fred, great day!

It is not possible in your mind that this could be referring to 2 people? I look forward to appearing my mother and father?

It is mighty flimsy to violate the 1C.

Titus 2:13-14
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

That Christians are "a people for His own possession" in reference to Jesus demonstrates He is God in that Christians are His worshipers in equality to what is taught about YHWH in the OT.

Deuteronomy 7:1-6
(1) When the LORD your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and stronger than you,
(2) and when the LORD your God delivers them before you and you defeat them, then you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them.
(3) Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them; you shall not give your daughters to their sons, nor shall you take their daughters for your sons.
(4) For they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods; then the anger of the LORD will be kindled against you and He will quickly destroy you.
(5) But thus you shall do to them: you shall tear down their altars, and smash their sacred pillars, and hew down their Asherim, and burn their graven images with fire.
(6) For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

"A people for His own possession" ought to worship God alone and not become entangled in idolatry. This is how the "one Lord" of Deuteronomy 6:4 differentiates Himself from all false gods (Deuteronomy 6:13-15).

Since Christians are to be "a people for His own possession" in reference to the Lord Jesus demonstrates that He, being YHWH tolerates no rivals in worship.

Acts 17:31 emphasizes that God selected this man. If Jesus were any kind or part of God, such an absurd verse meaning ‘God selected a man, who is himself in the form of a man’ would never be written because it serves no purpose and violates 2 Cor 1:13 (VOICE) We are not writing to you in anything resembling codes or riddles

It's neither code nor riddle, but your refusal to see that other passages teach Jesus is God.
In Acts 1:24-26 He, being the Lord and heart-knower of all is the proper recipient of prayer.

The Bible teaches that God alone fully knows the hearts of all.
Thus, the Lord Jesus is God.

Back
Top Bottom