What is the Gospel

If they are all called the good news , the gospel then they are all true and fall under the biblical doctrine of the gospel. Just like there are many different aspects under the doctrine of the Law. The Law could also be a multi faceted diamond as a simile. :)
Hello @civic,

I believe it is a mistake to use unscriptural terminology, or apply our own reasoning to the Scriptures. For it leads to error.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Is there still a literal Israel of God as in the O.T. Israel and the ones Paul describes in Romans ? yes or no

The above sounds like Replacement Theology.
I will briefly explain why this is not replacement theology, and expose also why so modern branches of Christianity is in error thinking God has a different plan of salvation for Israel as opposed to the church.
Look at Revelation 12. What do we have there? We have a pregnant woman. We have a dragon. And then after the woman gives birth, we have the Messiah, Jesus. What then? The woman, after the Messiah goes up to heaven, flees into the wilderness for a time. I won't deal with the time issue, but the Bible is clear and tells us who the dragon is, and who the woman is. The Dragon is clearly Satan, the woman the church. In Bible prophecy a woman often represents the church, or God's people. Sometimes as faithful as in this case, sometimes unfaithful as in the case of a harlot, and this metaphor is shown in both old and new testaments. So what is the point? The woman when pregnant was Israel. The people of God in expectation of their Messiah. After Jesus is born, the woman obviously is no longer pregnant, no longer in expectation. Yet it is the same woman, whether before or after giving birth. God's people, both in the old and new testaments, is the Israel of God.

I will briefly explain why this is not replacement theology, and expose also why so modern branches of Christianity is in error thinking God has a different plan of salvation for Israel as opposed to the church.
Look at Revelation 12. What do we have there? We have a pregnant woman. We have a dragon. And then after the woman gives birth, we have the Messiah, Jesus. What then? The woman, after the Messiah goes up to heaven, flees into the wilderness for a time. I won't deal with the time issue, but the Bible is clear and tells us who the dragon is, and who the woman is. The Dragon is clearly Satan, the woman the church. In Bible prophecy a woman often represents the church, or God's people. Sometimes as faithful as in this case, sometimes unfaithful as in the case of a harlot, and this metaphor is shown in both old and new testaments. So what is the point? The woman when pregnant was Israel. The people of God in expectation of their Messiah. After Jesus is born, the woman obviously is no longer pregnant, no longer in expectation. Yet it is the same woman, whether before or after giving birth. God's people, both in the old and new testaments, is the Israel of God.
Further to that, the promise of God as related to us through Jeremiah...
KJV Jeremiah 31:33
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people....

sadly, as Paul explains here...

KJV Hebrews 8:9
9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord....

a new covenant was necessary because of the unfaithfulness of the fathers, yet the new covenant was still with Israel... The people of God... The church.

Hi @civic
My first thoughts when reading the OP centred on your reference to the everlasting gospel proclaimed in Revelation 14. I would bring to your attention, although I'm sure you had known this previously, that the gospel in the context of those angelic messages encompassed all 3 angels, and all 3 distinct messages, not just the first. Therefore all 3 messages comprise 3 different aspects of the gospel, but is present truth for the church and the world specifically living in these last days.
good point

I would like to add my two cents here in regard to what is the GOOD NEWS.

For something to be considered good news, we need two things:
  • News is not a thing that happens everyday, to which we are already used to.
  • To be good, it means that you will be better than in our current situation.
Israel was in a bad situation and were becoming used to it. They were subjects of Rome. Rich people were corrupt and poor people were in despair. Israel knew that God had promised a Messiah, who would restore Israel spiritually and materially... but Jews didn't know exactly where, when or how the Messiah would appear. Some leaders had already claimed to be messiahs and had failed.
So believing in the gospel meant to accept as true (with all its implications in terms of action) that Jesus, as a Messiah, would lead them to change their spiritual and material conditions... conditions for which they saw no escape.

Let's see an example applied to our days:
Arthurh lives as a drug addict, full of pain, blame, dispair, and sees no way out- Then he starts believing that the Way shown by Jesus will get him out of the hell where he lives. That person has started to believe in the gospel.

Hello @civic,

There is more than one gospel (good news) referred to in Scripture: covering far more than salvation alone:-

* The gospel of the Kingdom (Matt. 4:23)
* The gospel of God (Rom. 1:1)
* The gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24)
* The Gospel of the Glory of Christ: 'glorious gospel' = 'the good news of the glory.' (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 Tim. 1:11; Titus 2:13)

* Paul spoke of, 'my gospel' (Rom. 2:26; 16:25; 2 Timothy 2:8)
* The gospel of the uncircumcision (Gal. 2:7)
* The gospel of the circumcision (Gal. 2:7)
* The everlasting gospel (Rev.14:6)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Only One Gospel, only One TRUTH = the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Way the Truth the Life

The One Gospel has many attributes: Grace, Mercy, Truth, Salvation, Glory, Revelation, Everlasting, to ALL nations, Wisdom, Faith,
Righteousness, LIGHT, Understanding, Prophecy, BREAD from Heaven, Judgment upon those who do not obey
The One Gospel to the circumcised AND to the uncircumcised.
The One Gospel to the Jew and also the the Gentile
The One Gospel that God Prophesied to satan in the Garden
The One Gospel that God allegorically Called in Abaham/Isaac/Jacob
The One Gospel that was portrayed on the first Passover/Exodus
The One Gospel that is being preached to all nations and then the End comes for the world and a New Beginning for the Sons of God

The moment any of us attempts to say there is more then One Gospel, we undermine the TRUTH and open the door for error and man-made doctrines that cause division = denominations.

JESUS says there is Only One WAY to Eternal Life = the One Gospel which is the Lord Jesus Christ

When Paul spoke of "his gospel", he NEVER spoke of another Gospel. As a matter of FACT he REJECTED any notion of there being another gospel.

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. - Galatians 1:6-9

There are many on this forum who seeks to pervert the gospel of Christ

Hello @civic,

There is more than one gospel (good news) referred to in Scripture: covering far more than salvation alone:-

* The gospel of the Kingdom (Matt. 4:23)
* The gospel of God (Rom. 1:1)
* The gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24)
* The Gospel of the Glory of Christ: 'glorious gospel' = 'the good news of the glory.' (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 Tim. 1:11; Titus 2:13)

* Paul spoke of, 'my gospel' (Rom. 2:26; 16:25; 2 Timothy 2:8)
* The gospel of the uncircumcision (Gal. 2:7)
* The gospel of the circumcision (Gal. 2:7)
* The everlasting gospel (Rev.14:6)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Only One Gospel, only One TRUTH = the Lord Jesus Christ who is the Way the Truth the Life

The One Gospel has many attributes: Grace, Mercy, Truth, Salvation, Glory, Revelation, Everlasting, to ALL nations, Wisdom, Faith,
Righteousness, LIGHT, Understanding, Prophecy, BREAD from Heaven, Judgment upon those who do not obey
The One Gospel to the circumcised AND to the uncircumcised.
The One Gospel to the Jew and also the the Gentile
The One Gospel that God Prophesied to satan in the Garden
The One Gospel that God allegorically Called in Abaham/Isaac/Jacob
The One Gospel that was portrayed on the first Passover/Exodus
The One Gospel that is being preached to all nations and then the End comes for the world and a New Beginning for the Sons of God

The moment any of us attempts to say there is more then One Gospel, we undermine the TRUTH and open the door for error and man-made doctrines that cause division = denominations.

JESUS says there is Only One WAY to Eternal Life = the One Gospel which is the Lord Jesus Christ

When Paul spoke of "his gospel", he NEVER spoke of another Gospel. As a matter of FACT he REJECTED any notion of there being another gospel.

I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. - Galatians 1:6-9

There are many on this forum who seeks to pervert the gospel of Christ

'And the LORD said unto Cain,
Why art thou wroth?
and why is thy countenance fallen?

(Gen 4:6)

Hello @DavidTree,

Why did you use the smilee = :(, in relation to my entry above? For you cannot deny the testimony of Scripture that I gave.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Why art thou wroth?

Hello @DavidTree,

Why did you use the smilee = :(, in relation to my entry above? For you cannot deny the testimony of Scripture that I gave.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Post 66 has your answer.

Here is more:

There is a diabolical movement to establish a false doctrine of two gospels = one for the Jews and a separate one for the Gentiles

The method of entry for this evil is "context, context, context" by John McArthur and others

These are men that rely on their own intellect, which becomes an idol, and they become blinded to the very scriptures which saved them.
They will fight against the Holy Spirit, while declaring to live by the spirit.
The SAME downfall of the Israelites - Jeremiah 5:30-31

An astonishing and horrible thing
Has been committed in the land:
The prophets prophesy falsely,
And the priests rule by their own power;
And My people love to have it so.
But what will you do in the end?

Why art thou wroth?

Hello @DavidTree,

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Why art thou wroth?

"If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
(Gen 4:7)

Christians sin when they hate the Brethren who have the Holy Spirit and are speaking TRUTH

@Complete

Before we spoke to each other the Holy Spirit was Moving without either of us being fully aware

Look at Post #66 - the Truth Content is about there being Only One Gospel for all nations

SIX is the Number of Man = "on the sixth Day God created man(all nations)"

God then Called Out Abraham and thru Isaac then Jacob HE established a nation unto Himself thru whom MESSIAH the SAVIOR would come.
That meant that Salvation was only to the Jews(Primarily)

TODAY, God's Prophecy to satan of the Savior is to all nations is Fulfilled in One Savior = "the LAMB who takes away the sins of the world"

"One Gospel to the Jews first and also to the Gentiles"

This is Post 66 = Jew #6 and Gentile #6 together in One Gospel = post 66

This is just one way how the Holy Spirit works at His choosing , not mine, i just BELIEVE in the One TRUE Gospel

SHALOM my Sister in Christ

good point
More Good Points

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Now we, brethren(Jew & Gentile), as Isaac was, are children of promise.

@civic , when you were Born-Again by the Spirit, where did that New Birth take Place???

@Complete

Before we spoke to each other the Holy Spirit was Moving without either of us being fully aware

Look at Post #66 - the Truth Content is about there being Only One Gospel for all nations

SIX is the Number of Man = "on the sixth Day God created man(all nations)"

God then Called Out Abraham and thru Isaac then Jacob HE established a nation unto Himself thru whom MESSIAH the SAVIOR would come.
That meant that Salvation was only to the Jews(Primarily)

TODAY, God's Prophecy to satan of the Savior is to all nations is Fulfilled in One Savior = "the LAMB who takes away the sins of the world"

"One Gospel to the Jews first and also to the Gentiles"

This is Post 66 = Jew #6 and Gentile #6 together in One Gospel = post 66

This is just one way how the Holy Spirit works at His choosing , not mine, i just BELIEVE in the One TRUE Gospel

SHALOM my Sister in Christ
The number SIX is also representative of Grace. The SIX piercings at Yeshua's crucifixion represents God's grace to save fallen
humanity. Blessings to you! ברכות לך!

More Good Points

For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Now we, brethren(Jew & Gentile), as Isaac was, are children of promise.

@civic , when you were Born-Again by the Spirit, where did that New Birth take Place???
In my bedroom alone and a broken young man at 20 years old.

Mine took place in 1999 when I was bankrupt homeless, and divorced.
Yes I was humbled and God brought me to my lowest point where all I had was to turn to Him. I can relate except I wasn’t homeless but my then girlfriend called things off. 5 years later we married and she was saved a few years after me. Praise our Good Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His great love, mercy , reconciliation and making us new creations in Christ. The old has passed and all things become new.

In my bedroom alone and a broken young man at 20 years old.
That is on earth,
likewise myself at the age of 23 = 40 years ago

You and i were Born-Again in Heaven but we experienced this inside our spirits while here on earth.

Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, which things are symbolic. For these are [g]the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—
but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

We were Born-Again in the Womb of Heaven = JERUSALEM ABOVE where God's Throne is = "by His Own Will HE Begat us"

Genesis ch3: "The SEED of the Woman" = JERUSALEM ABOVE

SHALOM

Yes I was humbled and God brought me to my lowest point where all I had was to turn to Him. I can relate except I wasn’t homeless but my then girlfriend called things off. 5 years later we married and she was saved a few years after me. Praise our Good Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His great love, mercy , reconciliation and making us new creations in Christ. The old has passed and all things become new.
Adonai surely has a way of humbling us. It was my lowest point in life as well. I met my present wife who offered me a place to stay, which I declined, because I had just received a job offer from Caterpillar. I led my wife to the Lord about a month after we met. She could see the pain I was going through and she also seen by my actions that I was a Christian. I went through Federal Bankruptcy Court and we were married about 18 months later. I worked at Caterpillar 20 years and retired. We are still married and we treasure each day with each other. I was thinking on writing a book about my life titled 'How to go through a divorce, homelessness, bankruptcy and retire a millionaire' This book will contain my new birth experience in Yeshua, which took me from a slave in a pit to a new creature in Christ.
Shalom and blessing's

Adonai surely has a way of humbling us. It was my lowest point in life as well. I met my present wife who offered me a place to stay, which I declined, because I had just received a job offer from Caterpillar. I led my wife to the Lord about a month after we met. She could see the pain I was going through and she also seen by my actions that I was a Christian. I went through Federal Bankruptcy Court and we were married about 18 months later. I worked at Caterpillar 20 years and retired. We are still married and we treasure each day with each other. I was thinking on writing a book about my life titled 'How to go through a divorce, homelessness, bankruptcy and retire a millionaire' This book will contain my new birth experience in Yeshua, which took me from a slave in a pit to a new creature in Christ.
Shalom and blessing's
My 2 ex brother in laws worked for catapiller in San Leandro, Ca in the 70’s early 80’s in management.

My 2 ex brother in laws worked for catapiller in San Leandro, Ca in the 70’s early 80’s in management.
I worked at the Cat facility in Lafayette, Indiana and I was promoted to their new plant in Winston Salem, North Carolina. It's a really great company to work for. I met a lot of Christian men when I was at Cat.

Back
Top Bottom