What is regeneration?

Coming back to consider Romans 10:1-13
The elect Israel among national Israel, whom Paul desired and prayed for their practical salvation from going about to establish their own righteousness (much like many of these Christian forums, who seek to be justified by their own works, be it faith, baptism, etc.) he now will give a testimony that they indeed have a zeal of God, yet he said clearly, that this zeal is not based upon true, biblical knowledge (just as we ourselves see among folks who profess Jesus Christ, yet they put trust in their own righteousness, above trusting alone in Jesus Christ and his obedience and faith for our legal justification before God.
have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God
How does one truly submit to the righteousness of God that is revealed in the gospel from a man that has faith, to another man that has faith? By faith in the holy scriptures, by denying any and all powers of the sinner's ability to produce righteousness which is approved by God in order for God to be just and the justifier of him that believes and trust solely in Jesus Christ. I'm trying to be a brief as possible and still make teh truth as plain as possible.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.​

Jesus Christ is God’s totally different way of justifying men as righteous before a righteous God. This is not new information: Paul had already taught it (Rom 3:21-26; 4:23-25; 5:1-19; 8:1-4). It is a divine transaction by God’s choice of Jesus Christ for our righteousness (2nd Corinthians 5:18-21).

The Law of Moses, so far from being a means of justification, was God’s means of condemnation.

The Law was "our"~not the the world's schoolmaster to instruct in condemnation, and for us to look for the Saviour (Galatians 3:21-29). Once a child of God understands the schoolmaster, then he is no longer under him as the means to instruct him in seeking justification solely through Christ's obedience and faith, and not in any works of his own!

The Law was only a shadow of Christ’s coming and made a remembrance of sin (Hebrews 10:1-4).

This is not new information: Paul had already taught it (Romans 3:19-20; 5:20-21; 7:7-24).

Jesus was the end of the law for righteousness practically when He died and atoned for the elect.

The law was never a legal way of righteousness, neither by intent nor ability (Galatians 3:10,21-22).

The law was a schoolmaster for US to show the way to God closed under Moses’ covenant (Hebrews 9:1-10).

It was only intended to last until the One should come to fulfill and end it (Galatians 3:23-25; 4:1-7). Hearing of Christ’s finished work, elect believe and enter into rest from their works (Hebrews 4:9-11).

One covenant ended and the other began with Jesus Christ (Luke 6:16; John 4:20-24; Hebrews 9:10).

The end of the Law here is in the believer’s conscience, not in heaven, for that was already done.

The Law was never intended to save anyone by design or performance, so neither had an end.

Jesus put the Law away by fulfilling it twice, positively by fulfilling it, negatively by its curse.

The gospel good news of grace frees the conscience of the elect (Hebrews 9:9,13-14; 10:1-4,22)

To every one that believeth.​

The only way that the good news of the gospel can help a working Jew or Gentile is to believe it. Until one believes the gospel (he must hear to believe), he will remain ignorant of justification.

God justified the elect in eternity by His covenant for them in Christ, but they did not know it. Jesus the Second Adam justified the elect fully and finally at the cross, but they did not know it.

They needed to believe the gospel to know a finished justification and stop Law works for it.

The issue is not how will they believe if they hear, but rather how can they believe until they hear! Paul took up the gospel fact shortly, reasoning from confession back to ordination (10:14-15).

Because they are elect, they can and will believe, but he had to get it to them (2nd Timothy 2:10). Because elect, eternal glory is guaranteed, but they need gospel salvation (Ist Corinthians 15:2; Ist Timothy 4:16).

It is a divine transaction by God’s choice of Jesus Christ; we only believe it (2nd Cor 5:18-21).

The issue is not that the elect must believe in order to be just before God, but to know they are just.

Of course, Arminians believe and teach that dead sinners achieve everything by their faith.

Calvinists are close, for they believe and teach various degrees of instrumentality and means.

Abraham’s standing before God did not change in Genesis 15:6, but Abraham was reassured! This verse is not conditional but rather descriptive of evidence of justification to lay hold of it.

God’s actual, literal, or legal mercy and compassion are without willing or running (Romans 9:15-16)!

Our assurance and evidence of justification – of being just before God – is by faith in Jesus Christ. The matter under consideration here in this chapter is faith in the gospel record of Jesus Christ. It is the gospel that reveals God’s righteousness to those with faith to demonstrate it (1:16-17).

We will stop and come back until we reach verse 17 the Lord willing.

The gospel is the word of Christ/God- They are one in the same word. The Word of the Lord, the Word of God, the Word of Christ are synonymous terms in scripture, they are interchangeable.

Not in that verse, they're not. That would be nonsense. It would be, "Faith comes by hearing the Gospel and hearing comes by hearing the Gospel." Or, "Faith comes by hearing the word of Christ, and hearing comes by hearing the word of Christ."

The elect Israel among national Israel, whom Paul desired and prayed for their practical salvation from going about to establish their own righteousness (much like many of these Christian forums, who seek to be justified by their own works, be it faith, baptism, etc.) he now will give a testimony that they indeed have a zeal of God, yet he said clearly, that this zeal is not based upon true, biblical knowledge (just as we ourselves see among folks who profess Jesus Christ, yet they put trust in their own righteousness, above trusting alone in Jesus Christ and his obedience and faith for our legal justification before God.

How does one truly submit to the righteousness of God that is revealed in the gospel from a man that has faith, to another man that has faith? By faith in the holy scriptures, by denying any and all powers of the sinner's ability to produce righteousness which is approved by God in order for God to be just and the justifier of him that believes and trust solely in Jesus Christ. I'm trying to be a brief as possible and still make teh truth as plain as possible.

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.​

Jesus Christ is God’s totally different way of justifying men as righteous before a righteous God. This is not new information: Paul had already taught it (Rom 3:21-26; 4:23-25; 5:1-19; 8:1-4). It is a divine transaction by God’s choice of Jesus Christ for our righteousness (2nd Corinthians 5:18-21).

The Law of Moses, so far from being a means of justification, was God’s means of condemnation.

The Law was "our"~not the the world's schoolmaster to instruct in condemnation, and for us to look for the Saviour (Galatians 3:21-29). Once a child of God understands the schoolmaster, then he is no longer under him as the means to instruct him in seeking justification solely through Christ's obedience and faith, and not in any works of his own!

The Law was only a shadow of Christ’s coming and made a remembrance of sin (Hebrews 10:1-4).

This is not new information: Paul had already taught it (Romans 3:19-20; 5:20-21; 7:7-24).

Jesus was the end of the law for righteousness practically when He died and atoned for the elect.

The law was never a legal way of righteousness, neither by intent nor ability (Galatians 3:10,21-22).

The law was a schoolmaster for US to show the way to God closed under Moses’ covenant (Hebrews 9:1-10).

It was only intended to last until the One should come to fulfill and end it (Galatians 3:23-25; 4:1-7). Hearing of Christ’s finished work, elect believe and enter into rest from their works (Hebrews 4:9-11).

One covenant ended and the other began with Jesus Christ (Luke 6:16; John 4:20-24; Hebrews 9:10).

The end of the Law here is in the believer’s conscience, not in heaven, for that was already done.

The Law was never intended to save anyone by design or performance, so neither had an end.

Jesus put the Law away by fulfilling it twice, positively by fulfilling it, negatively by its curse.

The gospel good news of grace frees the conscience of the elect (Hebrews 9:9,13-14; 10:1-4,22)

To every one that believeth.​

The only way that the good news of the gospel can help a working Jew or Gentile is to believe it. Until one believes the gospel (he must hear to believe), he will remain ignorant of justification.

God justified the elect in eternity by His covenant for them in Christ, but they did not know it. Jesus the Second Adam justified the elect fully and finally at the cross, but they did not know it.

They needed to believe the gospel to know a finished justification and stop Law works for it.

The issue is not how will they believe if they hear, but rather how can they believe until they hear! Paul took up the gospel fact shortly, reasoning from confession back to ordination (10:14-15).

Because they are elect, they can and will believe, but he had to get it to them (2nd Timothy 2:10). Because elect, eternal glory is guaranteed, but they need gospel salvation (Ist Corinthians 15:2; Ist Timothy 4:16).

It is a divine transaction by God’s choice of Jesus Christ; we only believe it (2nd Cor 5:18-21).

The issue is not that the elect must believe in order to be just before God, but to know they are just.

Of course, Arminians believe and teach that dead sinners achieve everything by their faith.

Calvinists are close, for they believe and teach various degrees of instrumentality and means.

Abraham’s standing before God did not change in Genesis 15:6, but Abraham was reassured! This verse is not conditional but rather descriptive of evidence of justification to lay hold of it.

God’s actual, literal, or legal mercy and compassion are without willing or running (Romans 9:15-16)!

Our assurance and evidence of justification – of being just before God – is by faith in Jesus Christ. The matter under consideration here in this chapter is faith in the gospel record of Jesus Christ. It is the gospel that reveals God’s righteousness to those with faith to demonstrate it (1:16-17).

We will stop and come back until we reach verse 17 the Lord willing.
You're still dancing around Rom 10:8-13 with your hoardes of presuppositions clouding your understanding of scripture. Either comment directly about it or face the truth that regeneration before belief is a lie. Which is it?

Not in that verse, they're not. That would be nonsense. It would be, "Faith comes by hearing the Gospel and hearing comes by hearing the Gospel." Or, "Faith comes by hearing the word of Christ, and hearing comes by hearing the word of Christ."
Didn't Jesus say that "The volume of the book is written of me"?

The word of Christ is all the words about Christ. That is the subject of the Gospel. Not you. That is what you're making this about. YOU.

You're not alone. Most all Calvinists do the same thing.

The GOSPEL means GOOD NEWS ! Jesus is that Good News. He is the gospel, the word of Christ is the gospel. He is salvation- the gospel message about Him is what is to be believed and what saves the sinner. Its the message about Christ- the entire OT pointed to Him and the entire NT looks back on Him. He is its CENTERPICE. Its all about Him from cover to cover. Its the job/role of the Holy Spirit to bear witness to Christ.

Luke 24:25-27
And He said to them, "O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 " Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

John 5:39-40
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; 40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:44-45
Now He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled." 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will bear witness of HIM

John 15:26

“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me. 27 And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

John 16:7-9
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me

John 16:13-14
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

hope this helps !!!

You're still dancing around Rom 10:8-13 with your hoardes of presuppositions clouding your understanding of scripture. Either comment directly about it or face the truth that regeneration before belief is a lie. Which is it?
Dancing around Romans 10:8-13? Hardly~I'm doing what any sound student of the word of God must, and would do ~ explain verses contextually ~ vss 8-!3 comes after a very important and almost unknown truth, Paul first laid down in vss 1-9.

Explaining scriptures within their context is a practice few care to do. It would do injustice to the word of God to yank Romans 10:8-13 out of its context~but you have proven to me that context meaning nothing to you by your post #200 concerning Hebrews 4:12.

Didn't Jesus say that "The volume of the book is written of me"?

The word of Christ is all the words about Christ. That is the subject of the Gospel. Not you. That is what you're making this about. YOU.

You're not alone. Most all Calvinists do the same thing.
Now listen to the snail calling the worm slimy! Christians have one desire to preach Christ's obedience and faith alone for free justification from sin and condemnation. Salvation from sin and condemnation is by Jesus' faith, not man's! Galatians 2:16; 2:20; Romans 3:20-25; Philippians 3:9.
Now, let's see who thinks the gospel is about Christ~do you preach free justification through the obedience of ONE, or, two you and Christ? M

Ephesians 2:8 is speaking of Christ's faith, not ours, agree? All Armenians would say it is our faith, our obedience to the gospel that saves us from sin and condemnation. Is that your gospel?

Dancing around Romans 10:8-13? Hardly~I'm doing what any sound student of the word of God must, and would do ~ explain verses contextually ~ vss 8-!3 comes after a very important and almost unknown truth, Paul first laid down in vss 1-9.

Explaining scriptures within their context is a practice few care to do. It would do injustice to the word of God to yank Romans 10:8-13 out of its context~but you have proven to me that context meaning nothing to you by your post #200 concerning Hebrews 4:12.
If you could just stay within Romans Chapter 10 that would be fine. I want to avoid chasing rabbit holes.

Now listen to the snail calling the worm slimy! Christians have one desire to preach Christ's obedience and faith alone for free justification from sin and condemnation. Salvation from sin and condemnation is by Jesus' faith, not man's! Galatians 2:16; 2:20; Romans 3:20-25; Philippians 3:9.
Now, let's see who thinks the gospel is about Christ~do you preach free justification through the obedience of ONE, or, two you and Christ? M

Ephesians 2:8 is speaking of Christ's faith, not ours, agree? All Armenians would say it is our faith, our obedience to the gospel that saves us from sin and condemnation. Is that your gospel?

I'm not from West Asia. Nor am I a Arminian. I believe the Scriptures and there are many issues with both Arminianism and Calvinism. However, at least Arminianism doesn't preach hatred for their brothers in Adam.

I'll answer your questions when you start answering mine. You seem to think you're the only one that gets to ask questions. You're not.

Does a human being have to learn a language to be saved?

As far as your single question relative to Eph 2:8, in good faith expecting you to equally answer my questions, I will first answer you.

No. Ephesians 2:8 isn't speaking of the faith of Christ. Christ has never had a "faith relationship" with the Father. He has never needed faith. The Incarnation of the Son didn't rob Jesus Christ of His Divinity.

I will first answer you.

No. Ephesians 2:8 isn't speaking of the faith of Christ. Christ has never had a "faith relationship" with the Father. He has never needed faith. The Incarnation of the Son didn't rob Jesus Christ of His Divinity.
While I agree wholeheartedly that God being made flesh, did not rob Christ of his Godhead as being the everlasting father~the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending~ yet, as a man born of a woman, the second Adam, he as the surety of God's elect, their representative before God not only needed faith in God ~ BUT, by his faith and obedience, God's elect are justified! and you reject this cardinal truth of the word of God? Then you do not even have a clue concerning the atonement of Jesus Christ, and I see why you do not understand such clear scriptures as Ephesians 2:8,9. when only Christ's faith is the means of God's elect being saved in a legal sense and that faith is not of themselves but Jesus' faith and perfect obedience. The very life which God's children live in the flesh, they live by the faith of Christ who loved them and gave himself for them that each one could live the life of faith that he alone lived while in the flesh~ Selah.

You men frustrate the grace of God given freely to God's elect on the behalf of Jesus' faith and obedience, which is how we obtain the righteousness of God which is revealed in the gospel of Christ, but it is only reveal from faith to faith!

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God, or the wisdom of God only to believers, to all others it is pure foolishness, this blessed gospel is reveal from a person who has faith, to another person who has faith, impossible to reveal the righteousness of God that he secured for his elect through Jesus Christ to lost apart from the Spirit first quickening them to life. Paul said the same to the church at Corinth:

Enough said, I'll finish Romans 10 ~ looking forward doing so.

However, at least Arminianism doesn't preach hatred for their brothers in Adam.
As a man, I'm commanded to love my neighbour as myself, yet I'm not commanded to love openly enemies of God~I despised them and do not want to have anything to do with them. I'll deal with this later.

But let me ask you this question~would you have had trouble destroying Amalek and everything they had as God commanded Saul to do? Is that loving your brothers in Adam as you said it?

Your gospel said God was wrong, my understanding said God is righteous and hate wickedness and would do the same toward us, if he did not see us IN CHRIST from all eternity! More on this later, I'm sure.

Btw, you nor I truly love or neighbors as we should, even in our love sin is mixed in our love toward even our own spouse, if we are honest~ not so with God, in his hatred of the sinner his love for righteousness seen.

You're rambling and using "sir" was a weapon.
Using sir as a weapon? Now that's a first. I was raised in the south back in the late forties and early fifties and was taught to say sir, etc. Actually, we were taught to respect and show honor to all men, and if we did not, we would regret doing so.

We teach our grandchildren to honor the hoary head and to stand up in their presence, these precious bible etiquettes are no longer taught which is sad and we see the results of of folks thinking their way is better than God's~a generation of rebels and a generation that truly believe it is about me, not you!

Leviticus 19:32​

“Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.”

While I agree wholeheartedly that God being made flesh, did not rob Christ of his Godhead as being the everlasting father~the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending~ yet, as a man born of a woman, the second Adam, he as the surety of God's elect, their representative before God not only needed faith in God ~ BUT, by his faith and obedience, God's elect are justified! and you reject this cardinal truth of the word of God? Then you do not even have a clue concerning the atonement of Jesus Christ, and I see why you do not understand such clear scriptures as Ephesians 2:8,9. when only Christ's faith is the means of God's elect being saved in a legal sense and that faith is not of themselves but Jesus' faith and perfect obedience. The very life which God's children live in the flesh, they live by the faith of Christ who loved them and gave himself for them that each one could live the life of faith that he alone lived while in the flesh~ Selah.
No one can be justified apart from a personal faith in Christ

Galatians 2:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This is true whether one assumes an objective or subjective view of the phrase "faith of Christ"

No one can be justified apart from a personal faith in Christ

Galatians 2:16 (KJV 1900) — 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

This is true whether one assumes an objective or subjective view of the phrase "faith of Christ"
You have it wrong~no one is giving evidence that they have been justified by the faith of Christ until they believe.

Some may never give the evidence being born again by faith, if they never have the chance to do so~like the feebleminded, those who died in their youth, those who died never have heard of Christ, like the heathens, some in communist countries, etc.

Being Justified legally by faith, as you desires others to believe, leaves millions upon millions with no Hope!

Last edited:
You have it wrong~no one is giving evidence that they have been justified by the faith of Christ until they believe.
I do not speak of giving evidence but the fact of having been declared righteous by God

It cannot happen apart from personal faith

I do not speak of giving evidence
Of course you do not, for you would not, for then, it would prove your work gospel is just that~a salvation from sin and condemnation based on the works of a law~a commandment to do and live, sin and die!
but the fact of having been declared righteous by God
Declared righteous by God? Hear the word of God:
God declares HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS for the remission of our sins, not our~he has freely justified those men/women who have faith in Jesus' obedience/faith as being their surety before God. Our mother is free, making us freeborn sons of God according to his oath and promises of grace, your mother (a gospel base on the works of the flesh) is the bond woman and all of her children are in bondage with her.

Of course you do not, for you would not, for then, it would prove your work gospel is just that~a salvation from sin and condemnation based on the works of a law~a commandment to do and live, sin and die!

Declared righteous by God? Hear the word of God:

God declares HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS for the remission of our sins, not our~he has freely justified those men/women who have faith in Jesus' obedience/faith as being their surety before God. Our mother is free making us freeborn sons of God, your mother ( gospel base on the works of the flesh)
We see that you have difficulty maintaining focus on what we actually say and believe. Nobody here believes in works of the law and yet you keep bringing it up thinking that supports your presuppositions. Stop using irrelevant strawmen that nobody believes in and start focusing on the topics at hand. BTW, I'm getting old waiting for your understanding of Rom 10:8-13.

"Many" who come in Christ's Name preach,

Matthew 27:50
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Amplified Bible
And Jesus cried out again with a loud [agonized] voice, and gave up His spirit [voluntarily, sovereignly dismissing and releasing His spirit from His body in submission to His Father’s plan]. he died on his timeline not mans

Back
Top Bottom