Trying to understand Dispensationalism

Show me Bible Scripture that proves your point, instead of just pushing ideas from the pre-trib school.

The Great Commission is for ALL CHRISTIANS involving the preaching of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and you throw that out as your proof about the 144,000? Doing that is what I meant by being in 'speculation' mode.

You said the 144,000 will preach The Gospel to all mankind, but NOT through the Church. So show the Bible Scripture that proves that.
Where is the church mentioned anywhere past chapter 3?

My point stands. You must read “ church “ into the text when it’s nowhere to be found.

Where is the church mentioned anywhere past chapter 3?

My point stands. You must read “ church “ into the text when it’s nowhere to be found.

I have yet to see you offer any... Scripture proof to prove your claim that the 144,000 will preach The Gospel to all mankind, but not through the Church.

Address my question please, and stop trying to change the subject.

I have yet to see you offer any... Scripture proof to prove your claim that the 144,000 will preach The Gospel to all mankind, but not through the Church.

Address my question please, and stop trying to change the subject.
The church is nowhere in the Book after chapter 3. You have an argument from silence claiming the church is in Rev 7 or 14.

Show me Bible Scripture that proves your point, instead of just pushing ideas from the pre-trib school.

The Great Commission is for ALL CHRISTIANS involving the preaching of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and you throw that out as your proof about the 144,000? Doing that is what I meant by being in 'speculation' mode.

You said the 144,000 will preach The Gospel to all mankind, but NOT through the Church. So show the Bible Scripture that proves that.

So address the argument I had already... before made.
You should probably worry about proving your own opinions.

Rev says they ( the Jews- 144k ) will preach the everlasting gospel to all mankind. You can accept it or reject the plain truth of the passage don’t shoot the messenger :)
'And this gospel of the kingdom
shall be preached in all the world
for a witness unto all nations;
and then shall the end come.'

(Mat 24:14)

Hello @civic, & @DavP,

The wording, ' ... this gospel of the Kingdom', is very specific. It is not, ' ... The Everlasting Gospel ...'. If words have any value at all, then we must keep to what is actually written, and not impose our own understanding upon the text. For it renders the word of God of none effect.

* We are told what, 'The Everlasting Gospel', is, in Revelation 14:6-7,:-

'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven,
having the everlasting gospel to preach
unto them that dwell on the earth,
and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Saying with a loud voice,
"Fear God, and give glory to Him;
for the hour of his judgment is come:
and worship Him
that made heaven, and earth, and the sea,
and the fountains of waters."'

* 'The Everlasting Gospel' (or good news) is preached by an angel unto them that dwell on the earth, and not the 144,000. This is not a 'good news' of salvation, but is announcing the hour of judgment, and exhorts mankind to 'Fear God, and give glory to Him' Who made 'heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.' this is the everlasting or eternal good news, taking us right back to creation. It tells of God's claim as Creator; and not of Christ's work as Saviour.

' ... ... ... for now I know that thou fearest God, ' (Gen 22:12)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Rev says they ( the Jews- 144k ) will preach the everlasting gospel to all mankind. You can accept it or reject the plain truth of the passage don’t shoot the messenger :)
Hello again, @civic & @DavP,

Re. the sealing of 144,000: This is a Divine plan to secure the Remnant of the nation of Israel through the judgments and persecutions which take place during the tribulation, in response to the question of (Rev 6:17) 'For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?'
They will be kept safe, along with the great multitude (Isa. 26:9) :-

'With my soul have I desired thee in the night;
yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early:
for when thy judgments are in the earth,
the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.'

(Isa 26:9)

* The 144,000 are the nucleus of the new nation referred to by the Lord in Matt. 21:4:-, 'Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.'. It is the fulfillment of Daniel 12:1:-

'And at that time shall Michael stand up,
the great prince which standeth for the children of Thy People:
(Israel)
and there shall be a time of trouble,
such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
and at that time Thy People shall be delivered,
every one that shall be found written in the book.
'

(Dan 12:1)

'And it shall come to pass,
that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:
for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance,
as the LORD hath said,
and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.'

(Joel 2:32)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Subject Heading:- 'Trying to Understand Dispensationalism'
Just there being "dispensations" is not what people usually mean by the doctrine of "Dispensationalism."​
And that's the problem, it has come to mean more than just it's basic English word definition.​
Much like the "Reformed" faith, which now means Calvinism, when the basic meaning of "Reformed" is something every Christian fits.​
So if I say, "every sincere Bible-believer is Reformed!" that is going to be confusing to a lot of people.​

'For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward:
but if against my will,
a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.'

(1Cor. 9:17)

'If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God
which is given me to you-ward:'

(Eph. 3:2)

'Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;'

(Col. 1:25 )

'That in the dispensation of the fulness of times
he might gather together in one all things in Christ,
both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:'

(Eph. 1:10)

Hello @dizerner,

What is vitally important is that we do not lose sight of the dispensation, which is of God, that we are now living in: and consequently fail to walk worthy of the calling that we have received; by allowing what applied to a previous dispensation, or what is written concerning one that is yet to come, to permeate and influence our walk and witness not only to the detriment of truth, but also in regard to our own reward for faithful service, which rebounds to the glory of Christ.

It is my belief that this present dispensation began with Acts 28:28, when salvation was 'sent' to the Gentiles: following the final rejection (by the Jews of the dispersion) of Christ Jesus the risen Lord as their Messiah and King: making the return of Christ, as promised by God through Peter in Acts 3:19-21, incapable of fulfillment at that time. Salvation, which was then, 'of the Jews'(John 4:22), was 'sent' to the Gentiles (Acts 28:28), and the prior position held by the nation of Israel was laid aside (temporarily), because of their unbelief, and they were scattered among the nations.

The Church which is the Body of Christ was created by God, and Divine revelation given to Paul, concerning it's administration (Eph. 3). This knowledge having been 'hid in God' (Eph. 3:9) since before the foundation of the world, and not the subject of either the O.T. Scriptures, the gospels, or the epistles written prior to Acts 28. The letters written ( by Paul ) following this revelation, being the truth for this present dispensation (or administration), built on the foundation of the Epistle to the Romans, especially chapters 5:12-8:39, and made known in the epistles to the Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Subject Heading:- 'Trying to Understand Dispensationalism'

'For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward:
but if against my will,
a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.'

(1Cor. 9:17)

'If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God
which is given me to you-ward:'

(Eph. 3:2)

'Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God
which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;'

(Col. 1:25 )

'That in the dispensation of the fulness of times
he might gather together in one all things in Christ,
both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in Him:'

(Eph. 1:10)

Hello @dizerner,

What is vitally important is that we do not lose sight of the dispensation, which is of God, that we are now living in: and consequently fail to walk worthy of the calling that we have received; by allowing what applied to a previous dispensation, or what is written concerning one that is yet to come, to permeate and influence our walk and witness not only to the detriment of truth, but also in regard to our own reward for faithful service, which rebounds to the glory of Christ.

It is my belief that this present dispensation began with Acts 28:28, when salvation was 'sent' to the Gentiles: following the final rejection (by the Jews of the dispersion) of Christ Jesus the risen Lord as their Messiah and King: making the return of Christ, as promised by God through Peter in Acts 3:19-21, incapable of fulfillment at that time. Salvation, which was then, 'of the Jews'(John 4:22), was 'sent' to the Gentiles (Acts 28:28), and the prior position held by the nation of Israel was laid aside (temporarily), because of their unbelief, and they were scattered among the nations.

The Church which is the Body of Christ was created by God, and Divine revelation given to Paul, concerning it's administration (Eph. 3). This knowledge having been 'hid in God' (Eph. 3:9) since before the foundation of the world, and not the subject of either the O.T. Scriptures, the gospels, or the epistles written prior to Acts 28. The letters written ( by Paul ) following this revelation, being the truth for this present dispensation (or administration), built on the foundation of the Epistle to the Romans, especially chapters 5:12-8:39, and made known in the epistles to the Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Ummmmm....you are quoting from the King James Version. You realize that contains old English meanings of words, right? Things don't mean what you think they mean. "Dispensation" is not referring to the topic of this thread.

Hello again, @civic & @DavP,

Re. the sealing of 144,000: This is a Divine plan to secure the Remnant of the nation of Israel through the judgments and persecutions which take place during the tribulation, in response to the question of (Rev 6:17) 'For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?'
They will be kept safe, along with the great multitude (Isa. 26:9) :-

'With my soul have I desired thee in the night;
yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early:
for when thy judgments are in the earth,
the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.'

(Isa 26:9)

* The 144,000 are the nucleus of the new nation referred to by the Lord in Matt. 21:4:-, 'Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.'. It is the fulfillment of Daniel 12:1:-

'And at that time shall Michael stand up,
the great prince which standeth for the children of Thy People:
(Israel)
and there shall be a time of trouble,
such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
and at that time Thy People shall be delivered,
every one that shall be found written in the book.
'

(Dan 12:1)

'And it shall come to pass,
that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered:
for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance,
as the LORD hath said,
and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.'

(Joel 2:32)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Do you like Dr Jeremiah ?

Do you like Dr Jeremiah ?

My favorite Expert on end times. I just received this in the mail yesterday.

Ummmmm....you are quoting from the King James Version. You realize that contains old English meanings of words, right? Things don't mean what you think they mean. "Dispensation" is not referring to the topic of this thread.
Hello @EclipseEventSigns,

I have no problem with the JKV. I compare Scripture with Scripture in order to see how the Holy Spirit has used the words elsewhere, and have access to the Greek and Hebrew Interlinear Bibles for reference. :) I have given references to how the word 'dispensation' is used in Scripture, and don't see why it's usage in Scripture should be perceived as having no bearing on the topic of 'dispensationalism'???

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

I have no problem with the JKV. I compare Scripture with Scripture in order to see how the Holy Spirit has used the words elsewhere, and have access to the Greek and Hebrew Interlinear Bibles for reference. :) I have given references to how the word 'dispensation' is used in Scripture, and don't see why it's usage in Scripture should be perceived as having no bearing on the topic of 'dispensationalism'???

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
You should do some more research then. The KJV terms are not used that way.

You should do some more research then. The KJV terms are not used that way.

Perhaps you would explain why I should not gain my understanding of what' dispensationalism' means by the word 'dispensation' and it's usage in Scripture? There should be no reason to venture elsewhere. The dispensationalists I have met would agree with me.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Perhaps you would explain why I should not gain my understanding of what' dispensationalism' means by the word 'dispensation' and it's usage in Scripture? There should be no reason to venture elsewhere. The dispensationalists I have met would agree with me.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hermaneutics. You display a lack of the basic understanding.

Back
Top Bottom