The Power of the Gospel

Because YOU said so? I could say the same to you.

No. Paul in the Gospel said so.

1Co 14:9 It is the same for you. If you do not speak clearly with your tongue, how will anyone know what is being said? For you will be speaking into the air.

But this that you say: "Even "spiritual" things are dependent upon the natural language of men." — can you show me this from Scripture? Seems to me rather reversed, at best.

1Co 14:9 It is the same for you. If you do not speak clearly with your tongue, how will anyone know what is being said? For you will be speaking into the air.

Did God speak to you directly or did you hear the Gospel in your own language?

Talk about mysticism......

As much you and @The Rogue Tomato claim you hate Gnosticism..... you sure are full of it.

The resident Calvinists here dishonor God with their false claims concerning the Gospel.

The Gospel is Intrinsically POWERFUL.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Calvinism removes the power of the Gospel. The power of the Gospel is relative to the speaker, not the hearer.

1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
The Gospel to the regenerate causes them to believe, thats how powerful it is. Its only the the power of God unto them that are believing, thats why they are believing Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

It comes to the elect in power 1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

The Gospel to the regenerate causes them to believe, thats how powerful it is. Its only the the power of God unto them that are believing, thats why they are believing Rom 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

It comes to the elect in power 1 Thess 1:4-5

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

You need to get your story straight. YOU have endlessly been repeating (as you do here once again) that only the power of regeneration enables a person to believe.

Like every Calvinist I have ever meet in my entire life, when faced with dealing with the truth....... you "CHANGE" your claims.... and hope no one pays attention.

Are you so blind that you can't see your canard for what it is?

WHICH is it?

1. Gospel power

or

Your canard that man can't believe the Gospel without being regenerated?

You need to get your story straight. YOU have endlessly been repeating (as you do here once again) that only the power of regeneration enables a person to believe.

Like every Calvinist I have ever meet in my entire life, when faced with dealing with the truth....... you "CHANGE" your claims.... and hope no one pays attention.

Are you so blind that you can't see your canard for what it is?

WHICH is it?

1. Gospel power

or

Your canard that man can't believe the Gospel without being regenerated?
The Gospel is the power of God only to the elect, and they are regenerated when it comes to them in power.

Must be spiritual. You don't even see it. You believe the man must be regenerated BEFORE they can respond to the Gospel.

Which is it?
Yes must be spiritual to discern the spiritual truths of the Gospel otherwise its just foolishness1 Cor 2:12-14

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The regenerated person is spiritual because of the Spirit in them
Vs 15

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Yes must be spiritual to discern the spiritual truths of the Gospel otherwise its just foolishness1 Cor 2:12-14

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Vs 15

15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
Newsflash you cannot receive the spirit without first believing

Galatians 3:2 (KJV 1900) — 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:5 (KJV 1900) — 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 3:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Newsflash you cannot receive the spirit without first believing

Galatians 3:2 (KJV 1900) — 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:5 (KJV 1900) — 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:14 (KJV 1900) — 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Ephesians 3:17 (KJV 1900) — 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

John 7:38–39 (KJV 1900) — 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 14:16–17 (KJV 1900) — 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 believing comes with Faith 2 Cor 4:13

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Again Faith is Spiritual. Now the Gospel only comes in Power to the elect, who are regenerated 1 Thess 1:4-6

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.

Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 believing comes with Faith 2 Cor 4:13

We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Again Faith is Spiritual. Now the Gospel only comes in Power to the elect, who are regenerated 1 Thess 1:4-6

6 And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost.
Gal 5:22 is not about salvific faith- its the faith that comes to those who are already believers that abide in the Spirit, not the flesh. Thats why its translated faithfulness . The fruit of the Spirit is evident in how we treat others which begins with LOVE, not hate.

New International Version
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

New Living Translation
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

English Standard Version
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Berean Standard Bible
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Berean Literal Bible

New King James Version
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

New American Standard Bible

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

English Revised Version
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Good News Translation
But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

International Standard Version

NET Bible

New Revised Standard Version
By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness,

New Heart English Bible

Now learn from the Calvinist Barnes below
The word here may be used in the sense of fidelity, and may denote that the Christian will be a faithful man, a man faithful to his word and promises; a man who can be trusted or confided in. It is probable that the word is used in this sense because the object of the apostle is not to speak of the feelings which we have toward God so much as to illustrate the influences of the Spirit in directing and controlling our feelings toward people. True religion makes a man faithful. The Christian is faithful as a man; faithful as a neighbor, friend, father, husband, son. He is faithful to his contracts; faithful to his promises. No man can be a Christian who is not thus faithful, and all pretensions to being under the influences of the Spirit when such fidelity does not exist, are deceitful and vain.

hope this helps !!!

Vs 15

Nonsense. You contradict yourself again.

Does the Gospel have power or did you magically get regenerated?

BTW. The Gospel is the bridge between the natural and the spiritual. The Gospel is preached in terms that the natural man can easily discern. No "spirituality" needed.

Also, the Scriptures I referenced prove that the natural language of mankind is required before you will ever understand spiritual things. Thusly, the spiritual requires the natural.

Tell you what. Act like your keyboard is broke and start typing gibberish. While it is still broken, begin to insist that no one can understand you because it requires spiritual knowledge. See if anyone learns anything from you. Here I will go first.....

Isklajs sisjsr ttiarix wwnansk withek lkitiamia

Gal 5:22 is not about salvific faith- its the faith that comes to those who are already believers that abide in the Spirit, not the flesh. Thats why its translated faithfulness . The fruit of the Spirit is evident in how we treat others which begins with LOVE, not hate.

New International Version
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

New Living Translation
But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

New King James Version

New American Standard Bible

NASB 1995

NASB 1977

English Revised Version

GOD'S WORD® Translation
But the spiritual nature produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Good News Translation
But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

International Standard Version

NET Bible

New Revised Standard Version
By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness,

New Heart English Bible

Now learn from the Calvinist Barnes below
The word here may be used in the sense of fidelity, and may denote that the Christian will be a faithful man, a man faithful to his word and promises; a man who can be trusted or confided in. It is probable that the word is used in this sense because the object of the apostle is not to speak of the feelings which we have toward God so much as to illustrate the influences of the Spirit in directing and controlling our feelings toward people. True religion makes a man faithful. The Christian is faithful as a man; faithful as a neighbor, friend, father, husband, son. He is faithful to his contracts; faithful to his promises. No man can be a Christian who is not thus faithful, and all pretensions to being under the influences of the Spirit when such fidelity does not exist, are deceitful and vain.

hope this helps !!!
Again faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5;22

Nonsense. You contradict yourself again.

Does the Gospel have power or did you magically get regenerated?

BTW. The Gospel is the bridge between the natural and the spiritual. The Gospel is preached in terms that the natural man can easily discern. No "spirituality" needed.

Also, the Scriptures I referenced prove that the natural language of mankind is required before you will ever understand spiritual things. Thusly, the spiritual requires the natural.

Tell you what. Act like your keyboard is broke and start typing gibberish. While it is still broken, begin to insist that no one can understand you because it requires spiritual knowledge. See if anyone learns anything from you. Here I will go first.....

Isklajs sisjsr ttiarix wwnansk withek lkitiamia
No contradiction

Back
Top Bottom