The Incarnation disproves Total Depravity and sin nature

Romans 8
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul is persuaded that nothing can separate us from the love of God. A lot of people are not of that persuasion, however.

I'm not convinced of total depravity, but the knee jerk contrary position is not convincing either. Was worth reading through some passages, however.

Romans 8
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul is persuaded that nothing can separate us from the love of God. A lot of people are not of that persuasion, however.

I'm not convinced of total depravity, but the knee jerk contrary position is not convincing either. Was worth reading through some passages, however.

I wish we could have a point by point discussion on this topic but it will never happen. We have such an discuss because of the illogical position on either side of this topic.

I'm going to try. @civic has brought up a very good point in his OP. I've actually said this a slightly different way for a very long time.

The Priestly work of Christ in the Incarnation/Hypostatic Union established the very real fact that Christ was made like ALL of humanity. That Priestly work establishes the security of the Atonement for all of Humanity. It secures either the Salvation or Damnation of humanity. All men are judged BY the Incarnation and Priestly work of Christ.

There is no connect whatsoever to this Priestly effort of Christ and how Calvinism preaches the Atonement.

Back
Top Bottom