The First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega, the Lord God Almighty Identified

civic

Rev 22:13, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

We can see here that Whoever is the Alpha/Omega also claims to be the first/last AND the beginning/end. It’s the same Person.

If we look back in Rev 1:17-18 we see the following:

“…Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

So, the One Who is first/last (and then is also Alpha/Omega and beginning/end) is the same Person who was dead and is alive forever more. It doesn’t take a scholar to figure out Who is the One speaking here. It does take a lot of mental gymnastics to explain away something so obvious.

The term "first/last" is used 4 times in Rev. Twice it is used along with "Alpha/Omega" with the Person claiming to be "first/last" AND the "Alpha/Omega."

"Alpha/Omega" is used 4 times in Rev. Twice with "first/last" and twice with "beginning/end."

"Beginning/end" occurs 3 times: twice with "Alpha/Omega" and once with "Alpha/Omega" AND "first/last."

In all of these texts, the speaker always refers to Himself with both or all of the titles. To say, "Well, this time it's Jehovah who is the first/last, this next time it's Jesus, then later it's Jehovah again..." is the mental gymnastics to which I referred.

Is God the first/last or is Jesus the first/last? Is God the Alpha/Omega or is Jesus the Alpha/Omega? Is God the beginning/end or is Jesus the beginning/end. An obvious way to reconcile the verses is to understand that Jesus is God.

According to unitarians, it seems God claimed to be the first/last in one sense while Jesus claimed to be first/last in another sense. You seem to gloss over the blatant connection of first/last with beginning/end and Alpha/Omega. In each verse, the Speaker who claims one title also claims one or both of the others. It's all the same person.

I usually wait patiently for unitarians to reply but this point has been nagging at me so I have to comment preemptively. I really am baffled by their suggestion from other discussion in the past that “first/last” has some meaning here other than the obvious one (a title synonymous with Alpha/Omega). You even say that Alpha/Omega is never used of the Son? Incredible!! We both have said that context is king so I would like to remind other readers of the context of Rev 1:17-18 (beginning in v.10, Young’s Literal):

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's-day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last;' and, `What thou dost see, write in a scroll, and send to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.'

And I did turn to see the voice that did speak with me, and having turned, I saw seven golden lamp-stands, and in the midst of the seven lamp-stands, [one] like to a son of man, clothed to the foot, and girt round at the breast with a golden girdle, and his head and hairs white, as if white wool -- as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire; and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters, and having in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding, and his countenance [is] as the sun shining in its might.

And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me, `Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last, and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

Do you realize this is one scene? The Speaker identifies Himself in v. 11 as “the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.” John turns to see who is speaking and sees “one like to a son of man” (other translations have “the Son of man”). Perhaps John is saying, "I saw someone who looked like Jesus." Then finally, in v. 17-18, the Speaker indeed identifies Himself as the One who is living and became dead and is now alive again forever.

Unitarians: I guess you identify the Alpha and Omega in v. 8 as Jehovah and v. 11 as Jesus? I guess you don’t see the term “the First and the Last” as a title equivalent to “the Alpha and Omega”? If so, you are definitely seeing something in the text that an ordinary reading doesn’t see beacuse of your bias.

It’s a title ascribed to the Almighty. I didn’t think it needed a more precise definition to be understood. What about, “the one who is and who was and who to come”? Does that need to be defined? I guess we could talk about a precise definition but I don’t think that will change my point. The Alpha/Omega is self-described as “the Almighty (1:8) AND the First/Last (22:13). The First/Last is self-described as the one who was dead and is alive forever more (1:18). Again, there are either 2 people who are the first and last OR Jesus is the Almighty.

Conclusion: Scripture declares YHWH is the First and the Last and besides Me there is no God/YHWH. Christ is YHWH.

hope this helps !!!

There are only three places in the entire Bible where the title "Alpha and Omega" is used: Rev. 1:8; Rev. 21:6; Rev. 22:13. "Alpha and Omega" as found at Rev. 1:11 in the KJV and NKJV is recognized as spurious by most knowledgeable modern Bible scholars:

Virtually all modern translations do not include in Rev 1:11 the following words that are in the KJV version of that verse:

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and,"

This wording at the beginning of the KJV's version of Rev. 1:11 is not found in virtually any NT Greek texts, nor is it mentioned, even as a footnote, in nearly all modern translations or in Bruce Metzger's definitive A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Second Edition, New York: United Bible Societies, 1994.

There are only three pre-ninth century Greek MSS which attest to this passage [Rev. 1:11], and all three of them omit the phrase "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last." In addition, many later MSS and versions also omit. Hodges and Farstad's "Majority" text omits, and Robinson and Pierpont's "Byzantine/Majority" text omits. Thus whether one bases one's text largely on pre-ninth century MSS, or whether one bases one's text on the Majority of Greek MSS, either way, this phrase should be omitted.

Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset and David Brown Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible

Revelation 1:11. I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; and--The oldest manuscripts, omit all this clause.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/revelation/revelation-1.html

The Adam Clarke Commentary

Revelation 1

Verse 11." I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and ....
"This whole clause is wanting in ABC, thirty-one others; some editions; the Syriac, Coptic, Ethiopic, Armenian, Slavonic, Vulgate, Arethas, Andreas, and Primasius. Griesbach has left it out of the text." - http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?bk=65&ch=1

The truth of the above can be observed by merely examining most Greek NT texts, most Trinitarian Bible translations, or most ancient Greek manuscripts of the NT.

Why do you suppose that trinitarian copyists decided to add this clause to the manuscript (not unlike the late addition of 1 John 5:7 as found in the KJV)?

ADDRESSING the OP,
Yes, it's only ONE "PERSON", for the ENTIRE Letter is from "ONE PERSON", the Lord Jesus. Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;" Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,"

sound like this letter is from three PERSONS, do it not? no, only ONE PERSON.

Person #1. Him, “which is, and which was, and which is to come”.
Person #2. Him, “the seven Spirits”.
Person #3. Him, “the faithful witness”, Jesus the Christ.

Let's see if this Letter is from three persons, or "ONE" Person
#1. him, “which is, and which was, and which is to come". is this the Lord Jesus?.

Evidence #1. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty”. So the “which is, and which was, and which is to come” is A. the Almighty, B. the Alpha and the Omega, and C. the Lord.

Evidence #2. Revelation 4:8 "And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which is, and which was, and which is to come”. Again the which is, and which was, and which is to come is the Lord God Almighty.

Evidence #3. Revelation 11:17 "Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned".

So clearly we see that him, “which art, and wast, and art to come“, it the Lord God Almighty. But is this the Lord JESUS?

#2. him, the “Seven Spirits”. is this the Lord Jesus also?

Evidence #1. Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead”. We know that this is the Lord Jesus who is addressing the church in Sardis, and he, the “Lord” Jesus said that he has the “Seven Spirits”.

Evidence #2. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth”. BINGO, “which are the seven Spirits of God ”. so it is the Lord JESUS. for he stood/resurrected.

Evidence #3. the one who have the seven Spirits is the Same one who is the First and the Last,
Revelation 1:17 "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Revelation 1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death". the only one who was dead and live evermore is JESUS.

So the one who have the seven Spirit is the First and the Last who is the Lord God Almighty.
Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last”. who is the “First & Last?”, the Lord God Almighty. BINGO, that confirm who is the Lord God Almighty is, JESUS.

And lastly, “the true witness”, that’s a no brainier, a give me. The Lord Jesus.

The only person who is the central theme of this book is the Lord Jesus, who is the Spirit, and God is a Spirit per (John 4:24a).
now in reading all 7 letters, each end this way. "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" so no three separate and distinct persons here. THIS IS NOT 101G, BUT THE BIBLE.

101G.

There are only three places in the entire Bible where the title "Alpha and Omega" is used: Rev. 1:8; Rev. 21:6; Rev. 22:13. "Alpha and Omega" as found at Rev. 1:11 in the KJV and NKJV is recognized as spurious by most knowledgeable modern Bible scholars:

Virtually all modern translations do not include in Rev 1:11 the following words that are in the KJV version of that verse:

"Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and,"

This wording at the beginning of the KJV's version of Rev. 1:11 is not found in virtually any NT Greek texts, nor is it mentioned, even as a footnote, in nearly all modern translations or in Bruce Metzger's definitive A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Second Edition, New York: United Bible Societies, 1994.

There are only three pre-ninth century Greek MSS which attest to this passage [Rev. 1:11], and all three of them omit the phrase "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last." In addition, many later MSS and versions also omit. Hodges and Farstad's "Majority" text omits, and Robinson and Pierpont's "Byzantine/Majority" text omits. Thus whether one bases one's text largely on pre-ninth century MSS, or whether one bases one's text on the Majority of Greek MSS, either way, this phrase should be omitted.

Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset and David Brown Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible

Revelation 1:11. I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; and--The oldest manuscripts, omit all this clause.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/jamieson-fausset-brown/revelation/revelation-1.html

The Adam Clarke Commentary

Revelation 1

Verse 11." I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and ....
"This whole clause is wanting in ABC, thirty-one others; some editions; the Syriac, Coptic, Ethiopic, Armenian, Slavonic, Vulgate, Arethas, Andreas, and Primasius. Griesbach has left it out of the text." - http://www.studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?bk=65&ch=1

The truth of the above can be observed by merely examining most Greek NT texts, most Trinitarian Bible translations, or most ancient Greek manuscripts of the NT.

Why do you suppose that trinitarian copyists decided to add this clause to the manuscript (not unlike the late addition of 1 John 5:7 as found in the KJV)?
Because it is entirely consistent with Jesus self identity from the rest of scripture. Someone LESS than God can give eternal life?

Because it is entirely consistent with Jesus self identity from the rest of scripture. Someone LESS than God can give eternal life?
Correct, for "the beginning and the ending" is the same as Alpha and Omega, and First and Last. Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Revelation 21:6 "And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

now all titles together, Revelation 22:13 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

same one person.

101G.

Rev 22:13, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

We can see here that Whoever is the Alpha/Omega also claims to be the first/last AND the beginning/end. It’s the same Person.

If we look back in Rev 1:17-18 we see the following:

“…Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

So, the One Who is first/last (and then is also Alpha/Omega and beginning/end) is the same Person who was dead and is alive forever more. It doesn’t take a scholar to figure out Who is the One speaking here. It does take a lot of mental gymnastics to explain away something so obvious.

The term "first/last" is used 4 times in Rev. Twice it is used along with "Alpha/Omega" with the Person claiming to be "first/last" AND the "Alpha/Omega."

"Alpha/Omega" is used 4 times in Rev. Twice with "first/last" and twice with "beginning/end."

"Beginning/end" occurs 3 times: twice with "Alpha/Omega" and once with "Alpha/Omega" AND "first/last."

In all of these texts, the speaker always refers to Himself with both or all of the titles. To say, "Well, this time it's Jehovah who is the first/last, this next time it's Jesus, then later it's Jehovah again..." is the mental gymnastics to which I referred.

Is God the first/last or is Jesus the first/last? Is God the Alpha/Omega or is Jesus the Alpha/Omega? Is God the beginning/end or is Jesus the beginning/end. An obvious way to reconcile the verses is to understand that Jesus is God.

According to unitarians, it seems God claimed to be the first/last in one sense while Jesus claimed to be first/last in another sense. You seem to gloss over the blatant connection of first/last with beginning/end and Alpha/Omega. In each verse, the Speaker who claims one title also claims one or both of the others. It's all the same person.

I usually wait patiently for unitarians to reply but this point has been nagging at me so I have to comment preemptively. I really am baffled by their suggestion from other discussion in the past that “first/last” has some meaning here other than the obvious one (a title synonymous with Alpha/Omega). You even say that Alpha/Omega is never used of the Son? Incredible!! We both have said that context is king so I would like to remind other readers of the context of Rev 1:17-18 (beginning in v.10, Young’s Literal):

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's-day, and I heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, saying, I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last;' and, `What thou dost see, write in a scroll, and send to the seven assemblies that [are] in Asia; to Ephesus, and to Smyrna, and to Pergamos, and to Thyatira, and to Sardis, and to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.'

And I did turn to see the voice that did speak with me, and having turned, I saw seven golden lamp-stands, and in the midst of the seven lamp-stands, [one] like to a son of man, clothed to the foot, and girt round at the breast with a golden girdle, and his head and hairs white, as if white wool -- as snow, and his eyes as a flame of fire; and his feet like to fine brass, as in a furnace having been fired, and his voice as a sound of many waters, and having in his right hand seven stars, and out of his mouth a sharp two-edged sword is proceeding, and his countenance [is] as the sun shining in its might.

And when I saw him, I did fall at his feet as dead, and he placed his right hand upon me, saying to me, `Be not afraid; I am the First and the Last, and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

Do you realize this is one scene? The Speaker identifies Himself in v. 11 as “the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last.” John turns to see who is speaking and sees “one like to a son of man” (other translations have “the Son of man”). Perhaps John is saying, "I saw someone who looked like Jesus." Then finally, in v. 17-18, the Speaker indeed identifies Himself as the One who is living and became dead and is now alive again forever.

Unitarians: I guess you identify the Alpha and Omega in v. 8 as Jehovah and v. 11 as Jesus? I guess you don’t see the term “the First and the Last” as a title equivalent to “the Alpha and Omega”? If so, you are definitely seeing something in the text that an ordinary reading doesn’t see beacuse of your bias.

It’s a title ascribed to the Almighty. I didn’t think it needed a more precise definition to be understood. What about, “the one who is and who was and who to come”? Does that need to be defined? I guess we could talk about a precise definition but I don’t think that will change my point. The Alpha/Omega is self-described as “the Almighty (1:8) AND the First/Last (22:13). The First/Last is self-described as the one who was dead and is alive forever more (1:18). Again, there are either 2 people who are the first and last OR Jesus is the Almighty.

Conclusion: Scripture declares YHWH is the First and the Last and besides Me there is no God/YHWH. Christ is YHWH.

hope this helps !!!
Isaiah 44:6-8

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
7And who can proclaim as I do?
Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me,
Since I appointed the ancient people.
And the things that are coming and shall come,
Let them show these to them.
8Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one.’ ”

Isaiah 44:6-8

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
‘I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
YES, this is the same one person. supportive scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the First "WITH" the Last?" sound like two persons? no, it's the same one Person in the ECHAD as ONE. scripture, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." ...... ALSO? yes, which means "in addition; too". or as G243 Allos states, "ANOTHER" of the same SORT. which is a NUMERICAL DIFFERENCE.

when the LORD Jesus states, "there is no God beside me", why do people add two more beside him? answer, because they are IGNORANT in what the BIBLE say God is....... an "ECHAD" of himself in flesh.

when people understand the "ECHAD" then they will understand the bible, God's holy Word.

101G.

YES, this is the same one person. supportive scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the First "WITH" the Last?" sound like two persons? no, it's the same one Person in the ECHAD as ONE. scripture, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." ...... ALSO? yes, which means "in addition; too". or as G243 Allos states, "ANOTHER" of the same SORT. which is a NUMERICAL DIFFERENCE.

when the LORD Jesus states, "there is no God beside me", why do people add two more beside him? answer, because they are IGNORANT in what the BIBLE say God is....... an "ECHAD" of himself in flesh.

when people understand the "ECHAD" then they will understand the bible, God's holy Word.

101G.
@101G says: "when the LORD Jesus states, "there is no God beside me", why do people add two more beside him?"

Answer: Because the word for God is Elohim = Plural

Start Here in Genesis = "Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness" = Plural/Elohim

Peace and Blessing to you and Happy Thanksgiving as well

Answer: Because the word for God is Elohim = Plural

Start Here in Genesis = "Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness" = Plural/Elohim
yes Elohim = Plural, but how, in what way. and also, the "WE" and the "US" at Genesis 1:26 is only "ONE" person.... (smile).

101G.

@DavidTree,
if the Lord Jesus said God is a he .... a single person at Genesis 1:26..... would you believe the Lord Jesus who cannot Lie. well he did. and the bible also says that God at Genesis 1:26 is a single person. think on it.......

PICJAG 101G

@DavidTree,
if the Lord Jesus said God is a he .... a single person at Genesis 1:26..... would you believe the Lord Jesus who cannot Lie. well he did. and the bible also says that God at Genesis 1:26 is a single person. think on it.......

PICJAG 101G

Elohim is spoken of as One because THEY are Echad = United ONE

Echad is used to declare a Plural as One, but not a singular one but a Plural One

Genesis is the Foundation of Truth for the ENTIRE Scriptures

Peace

We Us

We / Us / Our = two or more
GINOLJC, TO ALL,
First, a Big ERROR. "US", "WE" ...... In TIME, PLACE, ORDER, OR RANK? no, the First and the Last is not two or more. even if the First is "WITH" the Last, for he is First and "ALSO" the Last, the same one person....... see Isaiah 48:12.
Elohim is spoken of as One because THEY are Echad = United ONE

Echad is used to declare a Plural as One, but not a singular one but a Plural One

Genesis is the Foundation of Truth for the ENTIRE Scriptures
Let's see by bible if what you say is TRUE.

Your second mistake "US", and "WE" at the beginning, Genesis 1:26? .... listen carefully. the Lord Jesus cannot LIE right.... right. scripture, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?" Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," so the US and the WE at Genesis 1:26 is not a plurality there. for the Lord Jesus said "he" made them male and female. and "he" is a single person designation. and our brother Mark confirms this. the "he" here is "GOD". for our brother Mark recorded the same conversation. Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." BINGO, so God is a HE at Genesis 1:26 when he made man male and female. and did not the Lord Jesus say, "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female" if one can read it, then it is WRITTEN. well where 101G? glad you asked. right after Genesis 1:26..... your scripture that you used. listen and Learn. Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." THIS IS WHERE IT IS WRITTEN AT. so now you have to answer, "Why God said "US" and "OUR" a plurality in verse 26, and in the very next verse 27, not chapter or book but in the very next verses said, "he" and "his", which are single person designations, confirming what the Lord Jesus said in Matthews 19:4. now 101G know why..... but do U. as U said, it's right there in Genesis 1:1.

so what has we Learned so far?
A. God is a "HE", one Person who made man Male and Female in the beginning, according to God himself, the Lord Jesus who cannot LIE.

B. we now wait for the answer as to why God said, "US", and "OUR" in Genesis 1:26, and in the very next verse say, "he" and "his".

101G will be looking for that answer. if you're not sure of yourself, please feel free to re-read this post for edification and comfort.

PICJAG 101G.

GINOLJC, TO ALL,
First, a Big ERROR. "US", "WE" ...... In TIME, PLACE, ORDER, OR RANK? no, the First and the Last is not two or more. even if the First is "WITH" the Last, for he is First and "ALSO" the Last, the same one person....... see Isaiah 48:12.

Let's see by bible if what you say is TRUE.

Your second mistake "US", and "WE" at the beginning, Genesis 1:26? .... listen carefully. the Lord Jesus cannot LIE right.... right. scripture, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?" Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," so the US and the WE at Genesis 1:26 is not a plurality there. for the Lord Jesus said "he" made them male and female. and "he" is a single person designation. and our brother Mark confirms this. the "he" here is "GOD". for our brother Mark recorded the same conversation. Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." BINGO, so God is a HE at Genesis 1:26 when he made man male and female. and did not the Lord Jesus say, "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female" if one can read it, then it is WRITTEN. well where 101G? glad you asked. right after Genesis 1:26..... your scripture that you used. listen and Learn. Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." THIS IS WHERE IT IS WRITTEN AT. so now you have to answer, "Why God said "US" and "OUR" a plurality in verse 26, and in the very next verse 27, not chapter or book but in the very next verses said, "he" and "his", which are single person designations, confirming what the Lord Jesus said in Matthews 19:4. now 101G know why..... but do U. as U said, it's right there in Genesis 1:1.

so what has we Learned so far?
A. God is a "HE", one Person who made man Male and Female in the beginning, according to God himself, the Lord Jesus who cannot LIE.

B. we now wait for the answer as to why God said, "US", and "OUR" in Genesis 1:26, and in the very next verse say, "he" and "his".

101G will be looking for that answer. if you're not sure of yourself, please feel free to re-read this post for edification and comfort.

PICJAG 101G.

Follow the Path of the Child = God loves 'Hide and Seek'

At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.- Matthew ch11

SIMPLE TRUTH for Children = "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was in the beginning with God."

As far as you saying that i am lying = "The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying."

Blessing in the Way for you Today = Follow the WAY

Follow the Path of the Child = God loves 'Hide and Seek'
no
SIMPLE TRUTH for Children = "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was in the beginning with God."
here is the TRUTH, right in what you gave, " and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" for the Word is God, one PERSON in the ECHAD of Equal Share in TIME, PLACE, ORDER, and or RANK...... (smile)...... supportive scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the LORD, the First, is ..... "WITH" the Last, the Lord, correct just as the Word is "WITH God, John 1:1b. now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." THE SAME ONE PERSON, ....... FIRST AND LAST, just as the Word is "ALSO" the Last.

if you cannot see this ...... don't worry about it........ (smile).

simple TRUTH, "WITH" and "ALSO", same one God, same one person,

PICJAG. 101G.

no

here is the TRUTH, right in what you gave, " and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" for the Word is God, one PERSON in the ECHAD of Equal Share in TIME, PLACE, ORDER, and or RANK...... (smile)...... supportive scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he." the LORD, the First, is ..... "WITH" the Last, the Lord, correct just as the Word is "WITH God, John 1:1b. now this, Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last." THE SAME ONE PERSON, ....... FIRST AND LAST, just as the Word is "ALSO" the Last.

if you cannot see this ...... don't worry about it........ (smile).

simple TRUTH, "WITH" and "ALSO", same one God, same one person,

PICJAG. 101G.

If Elohim was a singular Person there would be evidence of this in Scripture beginning with Genesis.

However, Genesis chapters 1 & 2 immediately declare that Elohim is Plural = so also does the Apostle John in his Gospel.

When you are with someone it means 2 or more = just as in Genesis and the Gospel and Revelation all declare.

Last edited:
If Elohim was a singular Person there would be evidence of this in Scripture beginning with Genesis.
Yes, right in Verses 1 -29, in the very beginning, and after he made all things ... including man, he identifies himself as "ONE" person, Listen, Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." so the term "God" from verse 1 up unto and beyond verse 29 is a single person designation. READ GENESIS 1:29 AGAIN. here you just made an ERROR.... learn from it.

101G

Yes, right in Verses 1 -29, in the very beginning, and after he made all things ... including man, he identifies himself as "ONE" person, Listen, Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." so the term "God" from verse 1 up unto and beyond verse 29 is a single person designation. READ GENESIS 1:29 AGAIN. here you just made an ERROR.... learn from it.

101G

The Hebrew word for God is 'Elohim' = Plural

In Genesis and beyond 'God' is Plural and speaks as ECHAD = United ONE

When ELOHIM speaks, THEY speak as ONE = Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness = UNITED ONE = ECHAD

The Hebrew word for God is 'Elohim' = Plural

In Genesis and beyond 'God' is Plural and speaks as ECHAD = United ONE

When ELOHIM speaks, THEY speak as ONE = Let Us make man in Our Image according to Our Likeness = UNITED ONE = ECHAD
ERROR, did you not understand the term "Beginning".... (smile) .... right there in verse 1?
Beginning: H7225 רֵאשִׁית re'shiyth (ray-sheeth') n-f.
1. the first, in place, time, order or rank.
2. (specifically) a firstfruit.
[from the same as H7218]
KJV: beginning, chief(-est), first(-fruits, part, time), principal thing.
Root(s): H7218

now let's see it plain in the bible. this first, in place, time, order or rank. Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:" notice .... "ONE" LORD, who is God. now the term "ONE",
ONE: H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') adj.
1. (properly) united, i.e. one.
2. (as an ordinal) first.
[a numeral from H258]
KJV: a, alike, alone, altogether, and, any(-thing), apiece, a certain, (dai-)ly, each (one), + eleven, every, few, first, + highway, a man, once, one, only, other, some, together.
Root(s): H258

BINGO, the FIRST, in TIME and PLACE, (as in Genesis to Malachi), as in the beginning, the CREATION and God interaction with man as "Spirit"/Father, his RANK, or the ORDINAL First in the OT, which is his ORDER. My God this is too easy.

understand God is the First/Father, "CREATOR" , and "MAKER" of all Things, and he was, was, was, ALONE .... and .... BYHIMSELF, supportive scripture, Isaiah 44:24.

then he came .... in flesh Later in "TIME", which in the "END", or "PLACE". in a body to REDEEM and SAVE all that he had made. his RANK here is SON, which Redeems and Saves. and since these are the LAST DAYS, his ORDER is ORDINAL "LAST". Oh this is just too easy.

so, 101G suggest you understand God ECHAD in "TIME", "PLACE", "ORDER", and "RANK"...... (Smile).
101G.

@DavidTree my Brother. see we missed that word "beginning", thinking it has nothing to do with the term "GOD" there. well it set the stage to understand "God" as an ECHAD in plurality in "TIME", "PLACE", "ORDER", and "RANK".

hope that helped.

101G.

Back
Top Bottom