The death of Jesus was a sacrifice

Still nothing about preaching the gospel only to believers

Romans 10:14–15 (KJV 1900) — 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Who was Paul desiring to go to Rome and Preach the Gospel to Rom 1:15,8

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Who is the you in the context ? Are they believers in Vs 8

sorry John disputes you

John 20:31 (KJV 1900) — 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
All pertain to the regenerate. Scripture, Salvation preaching is never addressed to the unregenerate, dead in sin. Who was John writing scripture to here 1 Jn 5:13 and why ?

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

All pertain to the regenerate. Scripture, Salvation preaching is never addressed to the unregenerate, dead in sin. Who was John writing scripture to here 1 Jn 5:13 and why ?

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
sorry the regenerate are already saved they do not need to read to believe. They already do and are saved

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

Romans 10:14–15 (KJV 1900) — 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

sorry the regenerate are already saved they do not need to read to believe. They already do and are saved

Sorry you are in denial

Romans 10:14–21 (NIV) — 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” 16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” 19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, “I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.” 20 And Isaiah boldly says, “I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.” 21 But concerning Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”

You deny scripture which shows the gospel was preached to unbelieving Jews

Acts 13:44–46 (KJV 1900) — 44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

thus you teach falsely

Sorry you are in denial

Romans 10:14–21 (NIV) — 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” 16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. 18 But I ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” 19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, “I will make you envious by those who are not a nation; I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.” 20 And Isaiah boldly says, “I was found by those who did not seek me; I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me.” 21 But concerning Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and obstinate people.”

Acts 13:44–46 (KJV 1900) — 44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. 45 But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. 46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

thus you teach falsely
It’s like we are reading 2 different bibles with 2 different Gods. It’s what happens when doctrines formed by man are placed above the scriptures.

The Gospel is preached to them that have Faith, what does Rom 1:8 say ?

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

Sorry you are in denial

thus you teach falsely

@TomL

Sure but not as the Gospel of their Salvation, but for a Savor of death 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

God sends the reprobate the Gospel for their death For instance He sent Isaiah to preach to a people for their confirmation in blindness not their conversion Isa 6:8-10

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

@TomL

Sure but not as the Gospel of their Salvation, but for a Savor of death 2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

God sends the reprobate the Gospel for their death For instance He sent Isaiah to preach to a people for their confirmation in blindness not their conversion Isa 6:8-10
Sorry but you continue in error

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

why are your view so contrary to scripture?

1 Corinthians 15:1–11 (KJV 1900) — 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

Acts 28:23–24 (KJV 1900) — 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

why are your view so contrary to scripture?

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

The bible shows the gospel was preached to those who had not believed

God is Author of all that occurs in creation. He is the Author of good and evil, of life and death,
Hello brother,

Jeremiah 32:35, "And they built the high places of Baal which are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I did not command them, nor did it come into My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin."

How does God author everything and yet Israel's abomination of building high places to Baal where they sacrificed their children in fire to a false god was never commanded nor did it come to God's mind?

I once was a Calvinist, a hyper one at that for many years, but the Lord freed me from that false doctrine. One of the things the Lord gave to me was an understanding of His sovereignty, and then a couple of weeks after that disclosure, I read what A.W. Tozer penned and it matched in essence of what was revealed to me.
“God sovereignly decreed that man should be free to exercise moral choice, and man from the beginning has fulfilled that decree by making his choice between good and evil. When he chooses to do evil, he does not thereby countervail the sovereign will of God but fulfills it, inasmuch as the eternal decree decided not which choice the man should make but that he should be free to make it. If in His absolute freedom God has willed to give man limited freedom, who is there to stay His hand or say, 'What doest thou?' Man’s will is free because God is sovereign. A God less than sovereign could not bestow moral freedom upon His creatures. He would be afraid to do so.”​

While God is sovereign, it does not mean He dictates every thought and action of creation. He has given us a will to use freely within His sovereignty, and because he is sovereign, we are held accountable to the actions of our will.

God has declared His will for our life...
  • "Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord GOD, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?" (Eze 33:11)
  • "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." (Act 17:30-31)
  • "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (1Ti 2:3-4)
  • "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. "(2Pe 3:9)

I urge you to reconsider your belief; that it may be you who is wrong and that a true God centered understanding does not incorporate God authoring sin. Nowhere in the bible does it state God authors sin, and even the Calvinistic WCF states, God “neither is nor can be the author or approver of sin” (5:4).

Making God the author of sin is a hyper Calvinist view. I should know since I once believed in such.

God deciding that sin exist and establishing the parameters that constitutes sin is not the same as authoring it. Permitting sin to exist puts the onus of creation's obedience upon them. This is the biblical understanding when looked at objectively.

To continue on, you will not find it anywhere in the bible that God punished His Son who offered His life unto death for our sins. And you will not find that God poured out His wrath upon His Son.

To put things into perspective from the KJV.
The word punish is used one time in the NT. (Acts 4:21)
The word punished is used four times in the NT. (Acts 22:5, Acts 26:11, 2Th 1:9, 2Pe 2:9)
The word punishment is used four times in the NT. (Matt 25:46, 2Cor 2:6, Heb 10:29, 1 Pe 2:14)
The word wrath is used 38 times in the NT

Of all these instances, not once are any of these words used towards our Lord, not once.

Surely, something as important as that would be the central theme expounded upon by the NT authors.

But what we do see is God love in action. He sent His own Son to become one of us in all ways, to live under the Law and being tempted in all ways like us and never sinning, and to willing offer His life unto death as a sin offering to make reconciliation for our sins. This is what you will read in the bible. And you will also read in Romans 5:18 where our Lord's one act of righteousness (doing God's will out of love for Him and us to die for our sins) brought justification and life for all men.

As for God slaying/killing His own Son, that is never found in the bible either. What you will find is that Jesus our Lord "being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death" (Acts 2:23).

This means that God delivered, which is a derivative of gave as used by the Lord in John 3:16 when He said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

God gave Him up, as surrendered Him to the Jewish people that He foreknew would use the Romans to kill Him. This to fulfill His purpose of as foretold by His prophets for our salvation, which Peter preached to the Jewish people in Acts 2, and other prophecies and teachings as stated in the bible.

While it is very true that God deliberately surrendered His Son to those who would kill Him, it is also very true Jesus had the final say whether He died or not. "My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

And again, in the garden during His arrest He said, "But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?"

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Ephesians, "And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma".

As for those who slayed/killed the Lord, the Apostle Peter preached to the Jews they were the ones responsible for murdering the Lord through the Romans not our God.

Conclusion: God does not author sin. He did not punish or pour wrath upon His Son for our sins; this is wrong that even a child knows it is not fair/just. And neither did He slay or kill His own Son. He gave Him over to the Jews who he foreknew would murder His Son through the Romans. But it was our Lord Jesus Christ who had the final say and He gave up His own life as an offering for our sins; this single act of righteousness brought Justification and life to all men.

I have used the bible in context to respond to the topics covered. I can only hope you read with an open mind, to learn what I was taught from the Lord through His Word and by His Spirit.

God Bless

Last edited:
Hello brother,
Jeremiah 32:35,
How does God author everything and yet Israel's abomination of building high places to Baal where they sacrificed their children in fire to a false god was never commanded nor did it come to God's mind?
It all occurred when God created heaven, earth, and man. All three are temporal. They are not eternal. Eternalness is a glory of God and Isaiah says God does not give His glory to another. Thus, heaven, earth, and man were created fallen short of the glory of God - a beginning with an end. The eternal does not end, and eternal is God Himself.
I once was a Calvinist, a hyper one at that for many years, but the Lord freed me from that false doctrine. One of the things the Lord gave to me was an understanding of His sovereignty, and then a couple of weeks after that disclosure, I read what A.W. Tozer penned and it matched in essence of what was revealed to me.
“God sovereignly decreed that man should be free to exercise moral choice, and man from the beginning has fulfilled that decree by making his choice between good and evil. When he chooses to do evil, he does not thereby countervail the sovereign will of God but fulfills it, inasmuch as the eternal decree decided not which choice the man should make but that he should be free to make it. If in His absolute freedom God has willed to give man limited freedom, who is there to stay His hand or say, 'What doest thou?' Man’s will is free because God is sovereign. A God less than sovereign could not bestow moral freedom upon His creatures. He would be afraid to do so.”​

While God is sovereign, it does not mean He dictates every thought and action of creation. He has given us a will to use freely within His sovereignty, and because he is sovereign, we are held accountable to the actions of our will.
There is no free will. Free will in man or angel is an illusion.
Three things are true. 1.) There is only ONE God. 2.) There is NONE like Him. 3.) He gives His glory to NO ONE.

Now you can rightly divide the rest.
1. Heaven is temporal, not eternal.
2. Earth is temporal, not eternal.
3. Man is temporal, not eternal.
Thus, the only conclusion is that man was created fallen short of the glory of God. The word for that is sin. And the definition of sin is "missing the mark."
What is the "mark"?
Answer: The glory of God, or the glory that is God.
Now you have a sinful man at his creation which is why he sinned and disobeyed God.
Sin comes from sinner. Sin does not come from holy or sinlessness.
The doctrine of a "Fall" of man is a lie. Adam and the woman were sinners BEFORE the act of eating from the tree. And what was their sin before eating from the tree?
They were liars and lying is a sin:

6 Add thou not unto his words,
Lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Prov. 30:6.

They added to God's word when they added "neither shall ye touch it."

13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked: 1 Sam. 24:13.

In other word: sin comes from sinner.
God has declared His will for our life...
  • "Say to them: 'As I live,' says the Lord GOD, 'I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?" (Eze 33:11)
  • "Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead." (Act 17:30-31)
  • "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (1Ti 2:3-4)
  • "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. "(2Pe 3:9)
All of that was spoken and written to the covenant children of Israel.
The Abraham, Mosaic especially, and the New Covenants are all salvation covenants. The animal sacrifices under the Law was to atone yearly for the sins of the children of Israel. When Christ came as the lamb of God, He fulfilled the Mosaic Covenant/Law. All the New Covenant is (Jer. 31:31-34) is Christ fulfilling the Mosaic Law in His blood and if you look at the New Covenant in Jeremiah it describes what God does in saving the House of Israel and the House of Judah. And there are no non-Hebrew Gentiles in any of the three Hebrew covenants.
The New Covenant Scripture from Matthew to Revelation are written to God's covenant people the children of Israel. The Church Christ promised to build was built upon the three thousand Jews who were born again on the Day of Pentecost (Feast of Harvest.)
I urge you to reconsider your belief; that it may be you who is wrong and that a true God centered understanding does not incorporate God authoring sin. Nowhere in the bible does it state God authors sin, and even the Calvinistic WCF states, God “neither is nor can be the author or approver of sin” (5:4).
You say you believe the bible? Believe this:

6 I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:6–7.
Making God the author of sin is a hyper Calvinist view. I should know since I once believed in such.
No, not hyper Calvinist. It's Biblical. Everything NOT God is found in creation because there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him, and He gives His glory to NO ONE.
God deciding that sin exist and establishing the parameters that constitutes sin is not the same as authoring it. Permitting sin to exist puts the onus of creation's obedience upon them. This is the biblical understanding when looked at objectively.
To continue on, you will not find it anywhere in the bible that God punished His Son who offered His life unto death for our sins. And you will not find that God poured out His wrath upon His Son.
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs,
And carried our sorrows:
Yet we did esteem him stricken,
Smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isaiah 53:4.

There was a reason why there was darkness in the land while Jesus hung on the cross dying. It was to shield God the Father as He slays the Son. You are arrogant to think man's filthy hands would do anything to the Holy Son of God.
To put things into perspective from the KJV.
The word punish is used one time in the NT. (Acts 4:21)
The word punished is used four times in the NT. (Acts 22:5, Acts 26:11, 2Th 1:9, 2Pe 2:9)
The word punishment is used four times in the NT. (Matt 25:46, 2Cor 2:6, Heb 10:29, 1 Pe 2:14)
The word wrath is used 38 times in the NT

Of all these instances, not once are any of these words used towards our Lord, not once.

Surely, something as important as that would be the central theme expounded upon by the NT authors.

But what we do see is God love in action. He sent His own Son to become one of us in all ways, to live under the Law and being tempted in all ways like us and never sinning, and to willing offer His life unto death as a sin offering to make reconciliation for our sins. This is what you will read in the bible. And you will also read in Romans 5:18 where our Lord's one act of righteousness (doing God's will out of love for Him and us to die for our sins) brought justification and life for all men.

As for God slaying/killing His own Son, that is never found in the bible either. What you will find is that Jesus our Lord "being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death" (Acts 2:23).

This means that God delivered, which is a derivative of gave as used by the Lord in John 3:16 when He said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

God gave Him up, as surrendered Him to the Jewish people that He foreknew would use the Romans to kill Him. This to fulfill His purpose of as foretold by His prophets for our salvation, which Peter preached to the Jewish people in Acts 2, and other prophecies and teachings as stated in the bible.

While it is very true that God deliberately surrendered His Son to those who would kill Him, it is also very true Jesus had the final say whether He died or not. "My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."

And again, in the garden during His arrest He said, "But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword. Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?"

The Apostle Paul wrote to the Ephesians, "And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma".

As for those who slayed/killed the Lord, the Apostle Peter preached to the Jews they were the ones responsible for murdering the Lord through the Romans not our God.

Conclusion: God does not author sin. He did not punish or pour wrath upon His Son for our sins; this is wrong that even a child knows it is not fair/just. And neither did He slay or kill His own Son. He gave Him over to the Jews who he foreknew would murder His Son through the Romans. But it was our Lord Jesus Christ who had the final say and He gave up His own life as an offering for our sins; this single act of righteousness brought Justification and life to all men.

I have used the bible in context to respond to the topics covered. I can only hope you read with an open mind, to learn what I was taught from the Lord through His Word and by His Spirit.

God Bless

Basically, make a comparison between the first Adam and the last. One is sinful, the other is Holy.
Start there.

Father Abraham may have had an angel to stay his hand holding the instrument of death from falling down upon Isaac upon the altar.
But there was no one to stay the hand of God when He personally slay the Son.
It was a covenant in Trinity BEFORE God created, heaven, earth, and man.

jeremiah1five

No, not hyper Calvinist. It's Biblical. Everything NOT God is found in creation because there is only ONE God, there is NONE like Him, and He gives His glory to NO ONE.

Not biblical

1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV 1900) — 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The bible shows the gospel was preached to those who had not believed

Back
Top Bottom