Survey Apr 2024: Why Read the Bible

What are your objectives when reading the Bible

• Gain understanding of what it says and why it says something

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Gain general familiarity with the Bible to help when hearing teachers or discussing with others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Help understand God and Christ

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Learn nuggets of wisdom and instruction or gain inspiration

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prepare to counter doctrinal errors or differences from what is preached

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mikesw

I have hoped to have more people in bible discussions. This problem led me to create a survey on my website. But I'll share part of it here right now.

My website is https://parablesofthemysteries.com/parables-survey/

On this website I have follow-up questions for the survey. Note that the results will have to be manually updated on my side since I am using the free version right now.

Please remember to respond to the survey here or at the parables website. Also, if can be supportive of getting fresh insights on scripture out to people, share my youtube channel and website links. I will be posting stuff at several places. The videos may attract people not likely to look for textual versions of the ideas.

Maybe an option the Bible is the source of truth and life. I would select that option. But I will choose one anyways

I have hoped to have more people in bible discussions. This problem led me to create a survey on my website. But I'll share part of it here right now.

My website is https://parablesofthemysteries.com/parables-survey/

On this website I have follow-up questions for the survey. Note that the results will have to be manually updated on my side since I am using the free version right now.
One other good reason is to discern God's plan for our lives. God reveals that He has preordained good works for everyone who believes.

I only saw your post just now. I would have responded earlier.

Maybe an option the Bible is the source of truth and life. I would select that option. But I will choose one anyways
If there are better questions to ask while not creating too many of them, that would be nice for modifying the list in a future survey. In many ways, the people that see this survey are those who read the scriptures in greater depth -- not like presenting the survey at the church entrance .

One other good reason is to discern God's plan for our lives. God reveals that He has preordained good works for everyone who believes.

I only saw your post just now. I would have responded earlier.
Thanks for doing the survey.
To address that concept of discerning God's plan, I consider that many people have not had access to scriptures and thus could not learn directly from them. They mostly would get it from a pastor. Thus, scripture may not be "required" reading. People can do God's will without reading the scripture directly.
However, this survey was partly in frustration regarding my curiosity of the degree of interest toward reading scripture among the general church population -- who would be interested in gaining new insights into scripture? My thoughts also were how many people go to church services out of habit rather than seeking depth. (Note though that the topic of church services involves many facets.)

Back
Top Bottom